Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

64-bit Version of Serato DJ?

By Request 3:00 AM - 31 January, 2016
Dear Serato,

We've been hearing rumors of a 64-bit version of Serato for years. It's now 2016. Can you please give us an update? Thank you.

Reference: serato.com.
Christopher Garcia 17 3:04 PM - 31 January, 2016
+1
deejdave 1:53 AM - 1 February, 2016
Was there something in that thread that lead you to believe there was a 64 bit version in the works?
ALEXANDERTHEGREAT 3:06 PM - 8 February, 2016
+1
WirelessDJ 3:07 AM - 9 February, 2016
+100
By Request 11:34 PM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
Was there something in that thread that lead you to believe there was a 64 bit version in the works?

February 28, 2013 Martin C. (Serato) said: "Making our software 64 bit is something we have been investigating for a little while, and do have plans to do it when appropriate, its just about prioritizing it amongst the many other things we would like to do for our software. I can assure you, that overall its in the master plan for our software, because reaching memory limitations are a big concern for us at all times."
By Request 11:38 PM - 10 February, 2016
... and this too.

March 8, 2013 Martin C. (Serato) said: "With each new version we are working towards a better software and making sure are ready to go 64 bit when the time comes."
By Request 11:44 PM - 10 February, 2016
... and this.

April 21, 2013 Martin C. (Serato) said: "We have plans to do a 64 bit version at some point."
deejdave 1:45 AM - 11 February, 2016
I wouldn't exactly call those rumors as apposed to confirmed statements that they plan to someday. Just the way I am reading it maybe?

WirelessDJ 6:12 AM - 11 February, 2016
I have already reached those memory limitations. My iTunes library so largeand has so many playlist that I can no longer use the program. Even if I wipe out the database, and add it all back, it is too much for her to handle. 64-bit is crucial
deejdave 12:53 AM - 12 February, 2016
Must be huge. I have 100K and I am not even close.

BTW Those comments seem more confirmed and actual "someday" banter to me at least. I thought I had missed some actual rumors of it being in the works or something :)
Frozone 6:17 PM - 14 February, 2016
+10000000
CanaroMix 10:38 PM - 15 February, 2016
+64
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:52 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

February 28, 2013 Martin C. (Serato) said: "Making our software 64 bit is something we have been investigating for a little while, and do have plans to do it when appropriate, its just about prioritizing it amongst the many other things we would like to do for our software. I can assure you, that overall its in the master plan for our software, because reaching memory limitations are a big concern for us at all times."

Quote:
... and this too.

March 8, 2013 Martin C. (Serato) said: "With each new version we are working towards a better software and making sure are ready to go 64 bit when the time comes."

Quote:
... and this.

April 21, 2013 Martin C. (Serato) said: "We have plans to do a 64 bit version at some point."

I Still don't see where they say they plan to go 64-bit

/sarcasm

+1 for 64-Bit whats the use of buying a $2,000+ Computer for the sole purpose of DJing if you can't utilize the computers power to its full potential
Mike Butler 8:49 AM - 17 February, 2016
64 bit would be great, maybe then Pioneer would get off their @ss and write 64 bit drivers. Sucks that the DDJ-SZ still doesn't have 64 bit ASIO support, and that the response from Pioneer on their forums was "It's not needed, 64 bit doesn't give you any advantage"

Plus Serato would be able to cache more stuff in memory and hopefully lower the CPU drain a little.

Mike
By Request 10:01 PM - 2 June, 2016
Several months have passed since I posted this question... Anyone from Serato care to reply?
247discos 11:48 AM - 1 October, 2016
I've started getting audio issues etc with serato... pretty sure libary related. Serato obviously releasing stupid releases with ableton.. Roland etc. Which half of us don't use.. now a 64bit version would be useful.. serato sort it out.. 2013 you said about it... what 3 years later and Nada.. nothing.. no news.. really!! What's the problem.. too difficult... lol. Serato please reply to this post..
Twidel 5:26 PM - 7 October, 2016
+128
By Request 3:13 AM - 26 January, 2017
Well, it's now 2017... Still no reply from Serato... Sigh.
CanaroMix 3:24 PM - 26 January, 2017
roadmap 💤 💤 💤 cdn.pixabay.com
dj zaza 8:31 AM - 30 January, 2017
you, serato sleeping, I do not expect even that the next beta, surely it will only support a denon is mixar now update only to products, not because of demands made by us for years, perhaps when computers will pass 128-bit, serato then switches to 64-bit.
popnwave 12:29 AM - 31 January, 2017
Which software for DJs is actually 64bit?

Honestly wondering, I don't think Virtual DJ or Traktor are.. (upon a quick search).
Mike Butler 12:31 AM - 31 January, 2017
Traktor is for sure

Mike
popnwave 12:37 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
Traktor is for sure

Mike

Ah looks like 2.8 added "64-bit application architecture" but seems like a small revision for a complete rewrite.
Mike Butler 7:27 AM - 31 January, 2017
Yeah I thought that would have been a major update but it just snuck in. Although it took pioneer about a year to come up with 64 bit drivers for the ddj-sz!
CanaroMix 8:34 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
Which software for DJs is actually 64bit?

Honestly wondering, I don't think Virtual DJ or Traktor are.. (upon a quick search).

mixvibes cross
mixxx
ultramixer
JayAge 3:59 PM - 3 February, 2017
+1
ShonkaiDJ 12:34 PM - 13 May, 2017
Let's start by saying I don't like pioneers 'grabbing the whole ecosystem' attitude while still learning the needs of DJ's. That's why I still love Serato. But as an ICT engineer, I have this terrible feeling that all my hickups when connecting midi controllers together with the Rane SL card, which 4 out of 5 times just work and is a stable setup because I use exteranl USB power (?), would disappear is the architecture were to be x64.

So yes, after having posted something bout x64 somewhere in 2012, I come again:

+1 for x64. Come ON! it's 2017!
Aegis 1:13 PM - 15 May, 2017
I too support this effort; 32 bit apps need to go away already. That said, it took Adobe until 2013 to bring 64-bit to many of its applications. It isn't a completely trivial matter.
ShonkaiDJ 9:25 PM - 15 May, 2017
As a teacher I have had to ask my students many times: the fact that I'm talking to you about what you did, how does that relate to what the other one is doing? But I must say that I've noticed many times that we as adults are very happy to be freed of that weird way of teacher thinking and talking.

Anyway. Adobe had many very complex entangled applications to upgrade. I assume Serato is complex too, but not nearly as complex as the Adobe Suite. So I think you actually give us a good argument we should by now be able to use the full 16GB of RAM memory to our advantage as our computers would like us to do.

+2
Aegis 10:50 PM - 15 May, 2017
Yes, definitely. Adobe's upgrades to 64 must have been insane. Serato is complex, but (with the exception of the modules) an insular package.

The day Illustrator went 64-bit was a VERY happy day for me. As a by-trade designer of 23 years, I'd say it was actually one of the most lastingly significant moments in my career, since 32-bit Illustrator struggled with complex illustrations.
Hermanator 1:38 AM - 27 May, 2017
I'm shocked that Serato is still 32-bit; I just realized it today when reinstalling today. Serato sure does use the "it's on our list of things to do" excuse a lot. To think this one has been used for 4 years is absurd. While I'm complaining about this, I must admit that Serato is good about rolling things out nicely, rather than pushing something unfinished out there, just like Blizzard and Nintendo in gaming. Kudos to that!
Coherence 12:49 AM - 30 May, 2017
+1

I keep a relatively small (<4000 tracks) library, but given the date and how many likely have massive libraries, it would make sense to move to a 64-bit foundation.
Dj Twister AR 3:45 AM - 30 May, 2017
+1

With large libraries and many songs in them, it would be an improvement with a lot of sense
VP 6:21 PM - 14 June, 2017
+1
wingcomm 9:50 PM - 24 January, 2018
Serato 1.x won't work on the next version of Mac OS X 10.14 if Serato doesn't release a 64-bit version...

appleinsider.com
popnwave 10:26 PM - 24 January, 2018
Quote:
Serato 1.x won't work on the next version of Mac OS X 10.14 if Serato doesn't release a 64-bit version...

appleinsider.com

It's gonna be alright.. over the next 5 days we will see what is ahead.
ShonkaiDJ 9:32 PM - 1 April, 2018
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihoooooooooooooooooooooo
DJ TooHypE 6:26 PM - 7 September, 2018
Any update?? We are patiently waiting for 64Bit version now that Mojave & High Sierra will discontinue support of 32Bit Application.
popnwave 10:58 PM - 7 September, 2018
Quote:
Any update?? We are patiently waiting for 64Bit version now that Mojave & High Sierra will discontinue support of 32Bit Application.

Mojave is the last to support 32bit, though you will get a nag.

Did you miss SDJ Pro 2.x coming out? Added 64-bit support for Mac and Windows on that release back in Feb.
DJ TooHypE 9:36 PM - 9 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Mojave is the last to support 32bit, though you will get a nag.

Did you miss SDJ Pro 2.x coming out? Added 64-bit support for Mac and Windows on that release back in Feb.

I posted this about Video got my post confused while at work. I'm already running SDJ Pro and I'm on Mojave 10.14.x Beta hah lol