Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

SP1 opening SV............

the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:01 AM - 29 January, 2016
I don't use SERATO VIDEO, I use MIX EMERGENCY.

Now heres my problem, I use a Pioneer DDJ SP1 which has video controls when used with SV.

Now these controls I have mapped to Mix Emergency but every time I put the SP1 into video mode I run into a problem which ill explain........

Ok so I have hit the setup button and went into the expansion tab. Here I have SV UNCHECKED because I don't use it.

Now to put the SP1 into video mode you hold shift and press the loop encoder down.

That's where the problem starts. My browser gets smaller and where SV would be if I used it it tells me to either enter a serial number or press the demo button.

Now I don't want this screen to pop up anymore.

So my question is how do I delete SERATO VIDEO off of my Macbook and if I delete SV will this screen stop popping up and asking me to enter a serial or run the demo.

I hope that makes sense.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:48 PM - 29 January, 2016
Soooo no one else uses a Pioneer SDJ SP1??
popnwave 7:12 PM - 29 January, 2016
That's pretty odd. Sounds like another guy who was trying to perma disable to Clubkit and kept getting a nag about that too. There must be something under the hood that isn't disabling correctly for some of the plug ins/add ons.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:40 PM - 29 January, 2016
Yeah totally, if I can get that to stop doing id be golden.

I contacted support via email but they sent a pretty generic response back almost had me wondering if they even read it.......
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:02 AM - 30 January, 2016
Well I've deleted SV off my Macbook and the results are the same

But.......

I have found a fix, an annoying fix but a fix.

Once the my browser shrinks and ask for the demo or serial number I switch to 4 decks then back to 2 deck view and its gone. Only bad part if I switch to audio FX mode then back to video mode I have to switch to 4 decks then back to 2 again.

I really hope the team will give me a serious answer in the next email......
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:51 AM - 1 February, 2016
Ok problem solved and no Thanks to the Serato team, I put my SP1 in the advanced midi mode.

So everything still works, cues, loops, rolls, etc.......except the auto loop knob.

For that to work I have to get out of the video mode (hold shift press the auto loop knob) which sucks because id have to jump to the pads for auto loops everytime I wanna loop.

If I could only remap this damn thing itd be perfect for my needs when using SDJ/ME.......

Hope this helps anyone running into the same road block I did 👌