DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Vimeo strike

DJ GOODFOOT 6:56 PM - 26 January, 2016
Got my first takedown on Vimeo, an end of the year mix I did a year ago. Anyone else have issues lately with them? Too bad, it had over 2k views, I wonder why after a year it was flagged...
Dj Shamann 9:47 PM - 26 January, 2016
I didn't know Vimeo was getting hit now too. I don't do much video stuff but I was about to start again, Youtube is not even worth the hassle these day so unless a Mixcloud style platform for videos comes out we just gotta deal with it.
Dj_Roger 9:23 AM - 27 January, 2016
I got 3 strikes in less than a week for some old videomixes and got kicked out. I guess that if you got one strike....the other 2 come quick. lol
Is there any other services that we can post videomixes on that someone can recomend ?
Manny C dot com 9:14 PM - 29 January, 2016
DailyMotion.

Also, look for video hosting sites based in countries that don't give a rat's ass about United States copyright laws. For starters, check Russia and China.
XCAKID 9:48 PM - 1 February, 2016
Yeah, I had two of my vids taken down. One was a year old and the other was about 6 months old. Both for copyright.
djnak 4:44 AM - 2 February, 2016
You guys using free or paid accounts?

Are they "mixes" or single track "remixes" ?
DJ GOODFOOT 4:54 AM - 2 February, 2016
Mine was a 30-45 min mix, regular songs played for one minute or less each with some acapellas remixed over separate beats. It is a free account but I don't think that matters since the complaint came from a third party.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:11 PM - 2 February, 2016
First Soundcloud..... Now this???
XCAKID 4:12 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
You guys using free or paid accounts?

Are they "mixes" or single track "remixes" ?

Paid account
Mixes
XCAKID 8:45 PM - 9 February, 2016
I just signed up for Dailymotion. Going to upload a couple of video mixes and see how it goes.
DJ Tracktion 9:37 PM - 9 February, 2016
They just got me too. Video mix up for almost 3 years. Paid account. DJ mixes. Not a good sign. All my video hosting is done through vimeo..
Mr. Goodkat 9:39 PM - 9 February, 2016
at one level it sucks when you get a mix taken down, on another, we all know its illegal, i dont really get the outrage.
DJ GOODFOOT 9:47 PM - 9 February, 2016
No outrage, just disappointment and the need to find another option...
dj_soo 6:50 AM - 10 February, 2016
youtube should be better now since they monetize things for the copyright holders. Meaning they still make money even if they never gave permission.

Still a crap shoot tho.
DJ GOODFOOT 1:29 AM - 12 February, 2016
Just got a notice today for a second take down. Looks like I'm done with Vimeo.

Here's the options I'm looking at:
Dailymotion
Periscope or Meerkat (live streams)
-or-
Just kill video all together and go with mixcloud or mixcrate
XCAKID 4:28 PM - 6 March, 2016
I found this site, Veoh. It's free. Unlimited uploads.

I've upload 3 video mixes so far.

www.veoh.com
DJ Reflex 11:55 PM - 7 March, 2016
Darn those Fine Bros!!!