DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How to use Pad Trans Beat Effect in DDJ SB2

johzennn 11:08 AM - 24 January, 2016
Hi Guys, So i recently bought a DDJ SB2 controller and its really cool for a beginner, I began practicing my controller for a while and watching other mix using DDJ SB2 controller in YouTube, There's this video where whenever the DJ activates the Pad Trans and tap one of the pads in the controller a cool effects would come, After watching this video im excited to do this in my own, however when I activate the pad trans and tap/hold the pads theres no beat effect or whatsoever that is coming out..

Can some of you guys help me here? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Konix 1:36 PM - 24 January, 2016
Turn on the Pad Trans buttons (the "On" buttons in the lower corner of the platters), and select Auto Loop mode button for each pad section, then have at it.

I'm not sure however if you get this effect in Serato DJ Intro, it might be only available if you upgrade to the full Serato DJ (don't quote me on this though).
Logisticalstyles 3:33 PM - 24 January, 2016
It works with Intro.
johzennn 3:35 PM - 25 January, 2016
Thanks guys, so basically what I need to do is to turn on the pad trans then put it on auto loop then tap the 4 pads for different effects?

Im using serato intro btw.
Logisticalstyles 4:01 PM - 25 January, 2016
When I use it I just turn on the Pad Trans and hold down either of the 4 pads. The key is to hold it down. Once you release it nothing will happen even though the Pad Trans button is activated.
johzennn 4:11 PM - 25 January, 2016
Ive tried doing that but the thing is, the sound effect is sooo minimal that you could barely hear the effect. Its kinda frustrating.
Logisticalstyles 4:23 PM - 25 January, 2016
Which pad are you holding down? Do you know what the the Trans effect is supposed to sound like? It's basically an auto Transform button. I'm assuming you know what a Transformer scratch is. When I use the Pad Trans effect I always use the pad on the far left.
johzennn 4:30 PM - 25 January, 2016
Hi ligocalstyle, forgive me but im just starting out so transformer scratch is new to me. As to what im talking about in my original topic. Ive watched a specific mix where the dj keeps on using trans pad with animals by martin garrix, and then when ive tried to replicate it. Boom, no effect.
johzennn 4:33 PM - 25 January, 2016
This is the title in YouTube. Ddj sb2 mini mix by Mongkiiz. Specifically at 0:28 and 2:36. He keeps on using pad trans. While on my part I keep om hoping to do this too..
Logisticalstyles 5:26 PM - 25 January, 2016
Basically the Pad Trans effect cuts the sound off and on rapidly. That's all it does. I watched the video and I see that he is also using the filter knob when he uses the Pad Trans effect. Maybe that is why you are not getting the same effect that he is getting in the video.
Don Chino 10:22 AM - 6 November, 2016
On the SB-2 you can use the trans pads to do different things, I watched the video and the simplest way I can explain to you is that you can set cue points from one to eight. every time you hit the pad it will keep repeating that cue point up to eight different points for the 4 pads on the SB-2. You can also download additional audio samples and create a crate for those samples. The controller can scroll between four sound banks giving you 16 different samples at the fly. So you can beat drum with different sound bites. Hopefully this answers your question if you haven't already figured it out.
okis sho 10:00 AM - 23 November, 2016
Quote:
This is the title in YouTube. Ddj sb2 mini mix by Mongkiiz. Specifically at 0:28 and 2:36. He keeps on using pad trans. While on my part I keep om hoping to do this too..
okis sho 10:06 AM - 23 November, 2016
Quote:
Basically the Pad Trans effect cuts the sound off and on rapidly. That's all it does. I watched the video and I see that he is also using the filter knob when he uses the Pad Trans effect. Maybe that is why you are not getting the same effect that he is getting in the video.

johzennn , Did you found how to solve this kind of problem? Looks like I have same problem. This effect not working on Sorato Intro, Sorato DJ on Win 10 for me.
Maybe problems in driver or firmware?
Stephenfityus 9:24 AM - 22 March, 2017
But does the button work with Rekordbox
irfankabir02 10:27 PM - 3 April, 2017
Hey man i don't know hoe to set auto loop after turning the pad trans button on but it works fine wien i turn it on manually holding the button down. But the key is you gotta be very very very careful about timing so that it mutes your audio at the perfect point so it sounds good. i also add a little hpf or lpf while doing that so it brings a little flava to my mixes too. Use the different pad trans button for different feel for example if you want a continuous mutation then hit the 2nd from the left or if you want something rather stop & go stop & go type try the 3rd from left.

If anyone knows more about adding auto loop to the pad trans please share, sounds interesting.
DJ Shookie Beats 3:09 PM - 10 May, 2017
Analyze your music files in Serato DJ. Should work after that.