DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What's Good to the OG's...

Dj K.Smith 5:58 PM - 15 January, 2016
I can remember the days when we used to "LIVE" on these boards... Today?!?!?! Not so much... Just starting a post for those cats who remember the "good old days" and saying wassup to my homies out there across the nation...

Smizzle
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:22 PM - 15 January, 2016
Quote:
I can remember the days when we used to "LIVE" on these boards... Today?!?!?! Not so much... Just starting a post for those cats who remember the "good old days" and saying wassup to my homies out there across the nation...

Smizzle

Man I was thinking this exact same thought the other day. Theres a thread going on that would have been certified platinum entertainment a few years ago but now i just log in to crickets and noob controller questions. This place has always had its dull spells but its been a gjost town here for a minute...i was beginning to think everyone just found a different area of the forum to congratulate in
Gio Alex 8:24 PM - 15 January, 2016
Quote:
crickets and noob controller questions

Sums up the serato forum. OR "what's the best record pool?"
 6 12:07 AM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:

Smizzle

We need to get together and jam.

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:25 AM - 16 January, 2016
Salute Smizzle...
dj_soo 3:58 AM - 16 January, 2016
everyone's in the Serato DJ forum complaining how SDJ doesn't do enough to mix for you.
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:25 AM - 16 January, 2016
They're all on the rane forums.......

That's where the crickets are
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:38 PM - 16 January, 2016
Good to see you Mr Smith.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:00 PM - 16 January, 2016
Somebody just mentioned that it had been almost 10 years since the 1st Cali Jammy Jam with forum members.

By comparison, I think it's ONLY been 2 or 3 years since DJ JohnnyM bought Serato....
lvmez 7:12 PM - 16 January, 2016
We need a NYC/NJ Jam. I remember playing on Global DJ sessions with Carey, Thundercat, Johnny and other members.
dj_craigmac 7:33 PM - 16 January, 2016
SUP SMIZZLE !!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:49 PM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
Somebody just mentioned that it had been almost 10 years since the 1st Cali Jammy Jam with forum members.

By comparison, I think it's ONLY been 2 or 3 years since DJ JohnnyM bought Serato....

lmfao!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:59 PM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

lmfao!

As as expected, only "DJ"'s of a certain caliber would "appreciate" the lack of humor here...

lol, typical.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:00 PM - 16 January, 2016
But the funny thing is that Serato or No Serato, I'll still spin circles around you... :-).
AKIEM 9:20 PM - 16 January, 2016
isn't there a bunch of OGs in the PM area?

:-)
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:20 PM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
But the funny thing is that Serato or No Serato, I'll still spin circles around you... :-).

Sounds like your medicine is wearing off lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:32 AM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:

Shit I'll be the first to admit ol Ashy Larry will have me in a fetal position crying with almost any old school battle.

Maybe it's time for him and Suxxx to do a Creed and battle again so Suxxx can remove that bragging rights signature

Whole new crop of Cuntroller Djs and SDJ has sample banks and FX now for them to judge skills on

Whole new playing field today - no?
Thundercat 1:05 AM - 17 January, 2016
Sup. You know where to find me. Still low key. Still playing for my faithful few every other Friday Night. You know I keep an eye out for you too.

-DazZ
dj_KaSE 1:23 AM - 17 January, 2016
Sup man. I've retired from the DJ business to focus my time and energy on what I went to school for. But I'm back to where it all started: bedroom DJing.
DJ GaFFle 3:39 AM - 17 January, 2016
I've been focused on my certifications for my main career. DJ'ing is taking the backburner these days for me.
dj_KaSE 5:02 AM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
I've been focused on my certifications for my main career. DJ'ing is taking the backburner these days for me.

What do you do?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:16 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like your medicine is wearing off lol

Sheet.....

Not even today's "technology" can save y'all...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:19 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
Shit I'll be the first to admit DJJohnnyM will have me in a fetal position crying with almost any old school battle.

Yep, so again, Serato or not....you should count your not so lucky stars.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
Sup. You know where to find me. Still low key. Still playing for my faithful few every other Friday Night. You know I keep an eye out for you too.

-DazZ

Salute...
HittinSkinzTa2 4:58 PM - 17 January, 2016
I haven't been on here in yearsssss. Funny to see some of these usernames.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:42 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:

Salute!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:43 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
isn't there a bunch of OGs in the PM area?

:-)

*****DEAD****
Joee 9:55 PM - 17 January, 2016
sup k.smith

i haven't been around as much lately also been giging non stop
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:23 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Shit I'll be the first to admit DJJohnnyM will have me in a fetal position crying with almost any old school battle.

Yep, so again, Serato or not....you should count your not so lucky stars.

Don't forget I grew up ON and IN House Music - most of dem Chicago cats was like my 2nd Family.

Y'all East Coast cats just happened to run the world back in the day. I can still gets down on some 4/4 and knob twists - lol

^^^That said - BUT the fact still is that a House Battle is like watching paint dry if you do ANY other formats.

We would bore the shit outta each other and the rest of the forum if we battled JM.

Still respect you Ashy One.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:56 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Still respect you....

You have no choice...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:45 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Still respect you....

You have no choice...

ROTFL... True dat old man
 6 5:23 AM - 18 January, 2016
We need another Jammy Jam Smizzle. Let's have one this year in honor of its 10 year celebration.

nm
 6 5:23 AM - 18 January, 2016
er... anniversary.

nm
DJ GaFFle 3:13 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

What do you do?

Network Engineer... studying for the CCIE R&S lab.
Taipanic 6:43 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you do?

LOL, I'm trying to figure out how to put my main career back on the backburner...

Good luck on the CCIE, you'll be set once you have that. I'd rather open a club than put forth that effort these days. Of course having a CCIE would help that come about a lot quicker than my mid level engineering position.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:17 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you do?

UGGGGHHHH! Get that paper!
Gio Alex 4:17 PM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:

DYING!!!!
Dj K.Smith 2:33 AM - 18 March, 2016
Quote:
We need another Jammy Jam Smizzle. Let's have one this year in honor of its 10 year celebration.

nm

I think we do... As you can see I'm checking this thread 2 months later, LOL... We need to wake Kagen up or see if the EAST COAST can host some of us west coast cats... What's good y'all?!?!?!

Smizzle
ral 9:21 PM - 18 March, 2016
wassappp!
Dj K.Smith 1:53 AM - 21 March, 2016
Wassup Ral... Long time!!!
DJ Michael Basic 5:49 PM - 21 March, 2016
I'm still waiting for my first official gig. Hopefully soon!
Dj K.Smith 12:57 PM - 23 March, 2016
Quote:
I'm still waiting for my first official gig. Hopefully soon!

This guy!!! LOL
DJ Remy USA 3:38 PM - 24 March, 2016
just looking Ive been on here since 05 I was DJ Ritmo but could change my name so created a new account but yea I hosted the first and only D.C Serato Jammy Jam a few years ago. Forums got weak after while for obvious reasons but I still pop in a chill out. I was new DJ 10 years ago time flies. Whats good yall
DJ Remy USA 3:43 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you do?

LOL, I'm trying to figure out how to put my main career back on the backburner...

Good luck on the CCIE, you'll be set once you have that. I'd rather open a club than put forth that effort these days. Of course having a CCIE would help that come about a lot quicker than my mid level engineering position.

bro Im just like you Ive denied several job promotions because my DJ career aint half bad and more responsibility at the day job means less time for music. So I basically just stayed in my position and Im like enterprise Mac engineer now but only for technical stuff so I dont have to deal with people or staff very often its magic.
Taipanic 5:59 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you do?

bro Im just like you Ive denied several job promotions because my DJ career aint half bad and more responsibility at the day job means less time for music. So I basically just stayed in my position and Im like enterprise Mac engineer now but only for technical stuff so I dont have to deal with people or staff very often its magic.

Had 150 people laid off from my job yesterday :-( Luckily I wasn't one of them
Will be purchasing my first gear for my future club in the next month or two. Planning on being open in 2-3 years then hopefully be able to kick the day job.
DJ Remy USA 6:48 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you do?

Had 150 people laid off from my job yesterday :-( Luckily I wasn't one of them
Will be purchasing my first gear for my future club in the next month or two. Planning on being open in 2-3 years then hopefully be able to kick the day job.

layoffs are scary but I survived so many layoffs contract and management changes Im pretty much grandfathered in around here unless I do something to majorly screw up and that will never happen. When you get that club open holla at me so I can come rock it.