Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

I do not work with Windows 10 Serato Video

Dj Manu Balsa 7:55 PM - 13 January, 2016
I do not work with Windows 10 Serato Video

Hello, I installed Windows 10 on my computer and it does not work Serato Video.
I play the videos, but the image is in black, the audio sounds good.

I have installed QuickTime Player and my graphics card drivers and I upgraded to the latest version of Serato DJ (1.8.1).

Please help.
DJ Tecniq 7:42 AM - 14 January, 2016
What format is the video in? Where are you getting the videos from? That may be your problem. If they are not encoded correctly they won't play right👍🏻
Dj Manu Balsa 6:01 PM - 14 January, 2016
videos are in MP4 format.

Leave the computer to a video matrix, in other software it works perfectly.

It must be a problem Serato, because the videos in Quicktime Player plays them well.
DJ Tecniq 6:36 PM - 14 January, 2016
Quote:
videos are in MP4 format.

Leave the computer to a video matrix, in other software it works perfectly.

It must be a problem Serato, because the videos in Quicktime Player plays them well.
Ok firstly what kind of mixer are you using? Mixer/Controller?
Dj Manu Balsa 8:17 PM - 18 January, 2016
I'm using a Pioneer DDJ - SX2
SlingerX 11:53 PM - 20 February, 2016
Same here, just upgraded to window 10, updated all driver but my mp4 video has exclamation point on it. Didnt had a problem with windows 8
DJ Tecniq 7:04 AM - 21 February, 2016
Sounds like a Windows issue. Drivers and 3rd party software can do all sorts of things.
EddieB1 5:13 PM - 7 July, 2016
Did anyone come up with a solution? I am using Windows 10 and Serato will not recognize or play any of my .mp4 video files (infamous triangle). I am using a PC with DDJ-SZ.
popnwave 11:40 PM - 7 July, 2016
Quote:
Did anyone come up with a solution? I am using Windows 10 and Serato will not recognize or play any of my .mp4 video files (infamous triangle). I am using a PC with DDJ-SZ.

What version of SDJ are you using?
The Master 9:15 PM - 17 March, 2017
I got the same problem! I just got a brand new laptop and all my programs are legit, but it isnt working on windows 10... the only reason i got a new computer was to do video sl...now im in a shitty mood.
DJNitro12 11:18 PM - 1 April, 2017
reinstall quick time
DJ Tecniq 4:25 PM - 2 April, 2017
If all else fails try a diff version of SDJ. I've had Serato turn my videos into corrupt videos before. Not really sure what causes it.
skandalo 4:28 PM - 24 July, 2017
Go nack to the old video drivers and it will work but will stop working every time win10 updates
Dane530 5:32 PM - 18 January, 2018
How and where can I download videos? Can someone please help. I am new to this, lol.
popnwave 5:43 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
How and where can I download videos? Can someone please help. I am new to this, lol.

In the US I would recommend checking out Xtendamix, PromoOnly, Smashvidz, or BPMSupereme to see if they suit your needs.

There are bootleg sites around and I am not tossing them any biz because even though they some good editors that do quality work, there are tons of suspect videos that are poorly encoded.
DJNitro12 5:45 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:

www.xmix.com
www.ultimix.com
www.provideos4djs.com
Dane530 6:07 PM - 18 January, 2018
Thanks for the quick response and advice, Nitro. One more thing, do I have to copy and paste or will i just find them in my video or music file?
DJNitro12 6:32 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
Thanks for the quick response and advice, Nitro. One more thing, do I have to copy and paste or will i just find them in my video or music file?

as in after they're downloaded? You still have to import and analyze them just like mp.3's
Dane530 6:39 PM - 18 January, 2018
Sounds good thank you very much
DJ Tecniq 8:33 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
www.avdistrict.net