Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Announcing: Numark Dashboard (Official Serato Accessory)

9:00 PM, 20 Jan 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:12 AM - 21 January, 2016
NICE!!!

Would love to check this out!!
Marv Incredible 12:42 AM - 21 January, 2016
Would be sick if it had a Serato Video Mode
Cuervo 1:40 AM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
Would be sick if it had a Serato Video Mode

Yeah, so we use the center screen with Serato Video or ME... Wait this people is smart, they are going to release the Dashboard II next year so we keep spending our money in new gear.
Dj Cram 2:14 AM - 21 January, 2016
MixEmergency mode ?
Code:E 2:31 AM - 21 January, 2016
Release Date/Shipping date?
Canadian MSRP?

A serato Video mode would be awesome. But I know that it may not be technically possible. And obviously if you spend 1 second of time making a serato video you would have to also add ME support.
djnomer 3:14 AM - 21 January, 2016
Numark v7 it's work.......
Johbremat 12:05 PM - 21 January, 2016
Give me the choice of three decks in place of this waveform and they've got a sale.
Tmoney67 2:15 PM - 21 January, 2016
Is it a touchscreen?
lindsaymar 3:57 PM - 21 January, 2016
Space would be an issue but if they could figure out a way to fit DDJ SP1 like pads and controls on this it would be very interesting indeed.
Still, great idea.
Good work Numark.
djcrap 6:20 PM - 21 January, 2016
Am sold am getting this
djcrap 6:54 PM - 21 January, 2016
Thanks for listening nurmak

Am now a happy customer
djcrap 6:54 PM - 21 January, 2016
djcrap 8:45 AM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Can you confirm 100% if this screen module would potentially work on other hardware? Even with some modification etc.

Hello deejdave,

As of today, 11/6/2015, I can confirm that the NS7II Display screen will fully support the NS7II controller. The NS7III Display will fully supported the NS7III controller. These display screens at this time are not qualified to work on any other DJ controller besides the NS7II or NS7III.

By not supporting other controllers you are losing potential sales! And by the time you decide to do so it will so late cause pioneer would have come up with aversion of ther own that does. Lol
Quote· Permalink
djkurve 8:25 PM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can you confirm 100% if this screen module would potentially work on other hardware? Even with some modification etc.

Hello deejdave,

As of today, 11/6/2015, I can confirm that the NS7II Display screen will fully support the NS7II controller. The NS7III Display will fully supported the NS7III controller. These display screens at this time are not qualified to work on any other DJ controller besides the NS7II or NS7III.

By not supporting other controllers you are losing potential sales! And by the time you decide to do so it will so late cause pioneer would have come up with aversion of ther own that does. Lol
Quote· Permalink

LOL!

Leave it to Numark.
ogrosic 10:48 AM - 22 January, 2016
Numark dashboard does not make sense if there is no integrated Serato DJ software with the ability to update version of the software. Serato remote would be 100% better thing if it had integrated library wiev, it s touch screen and got effector in it.
TPSTRE 5:04 PM - 22 January, 2016
Dashboard works with 43+ controllers plus DVS setups, it only needs a laptop w/ SDJ.
get to know 7:42 PM - 22 January, 2016
Pointless, instead of looking at your laptop, your looking at the Nu-mark Dashboard.

isn't A screen A screen no matter how fancy it looks?
djkurve 10:40 PM - 22 January, 2016
Code:E 10:54 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Pointless, instead of looking at your laptop, your looking at the Nu-mark Dashboard.

isn't A screen A screen no matter how fancy it looks?

Not really. Actaully not at all.

1. You can close your laptop all together and leave it under the DJ booth if you like and just use the screens.
2. People understand you looking at your DJ gear, screen or no screen, they dont understand why you are looking at the laptop.
3. These screen dont block your view of the crowd and give you that connection a 15 screen blocks

For me this is huge. I just moved away from overpriced feature lacking CDJ's to a ALl in one DDJ-SZ. But I found I missed having the screen on the decks. I used them all the time for library viewing and most Importantly BPM, Pitch, and track Position info. These screens will give that back to me plus waveform. I'm going to use Serato in library now. I can't wait to get this thing.
djkurve 11:22 PM - 22 January, 2016
I have a HUGE feeling a lot of DJ's are going to be disappointed in this product. I know I still am after they made this announcement. (Owned this screen bar...I mean Dashboard since the NS7 III was released.) For one it's very limited to what can actually be on the display. Apparently that's due to the amount of MIDI data that it can process. I hope other companies (cough, cough Pioneer) come out with something better.
get to know 11:31 PM - 22 January, 2016
The point I'm making is this!
The crowd understands the music comes from somewhere, don't underestimate peoples dj knowledge, & it dosent make sense, you still have to look a screen to load tracks, no matter what companies come up with, it can't take away that fact, unless there is some mind controlling software to tell serato what to play next, this is piontless, looking at your laptop or looking at a Nu-mark screen, its the same.
Code:E 11:45 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
looking at your laptop or looking at a Nu-mark screen, its the same.

I hear you point. I just disagree.
mike w 12:57 AM - 23 January, 2016
Can I use this on my mix track pro 3 Numark
Christ beats I. 1:50 AM - 23 January, 2016
Nice idea....bringing the view point down a shade or two...don't think it will any better for my failing eyesight but novel none the less...overpriced though, sorry....just wil notl pay 299 dollars for it myself.
deejdave 3:03 AM - 23 January, 2016
"Compatible with over 40 existing Serato DJ control systems including DVS"

To make this easy and to avoid the ned to read each and every quick start manual can we get a list of the devices it does not work with outright?
Dj Blaxx 5:36 AM - 23 January, 2016
USB drive ports
Cultcha B 6:01 AM - 23 January, 2016
When is da release date far this?
Davideon 7:32 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:

To make this easy and to avoid the ned to read each and every quick start manual can we get a list of the devices it does not work with outright?
exactly.

I've asked them on twitter but they haven't replied.

It looks quite small to fit with the higher number of mid range controllers so it won't match the sz length wise
Dyl 1:19 PM - 23 January, 2016
I'd love to see a rackmount version of this. Doesn't seem to be possible with this model unfortunately
Juwansome 2:50 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Is it a touchscreen?

If only they would add the stackable waveforms and library display to the Serato remote app!
Juwansome 2:53 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello deejdave,

Quote· Permalink

LOL!

Leave it to Numark.

I wonder if it is EXACTLY the same hardware lol!
Juwansome 2:55 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Numark dashboard does not make sense if there is no integrated Serato DJ software with the ability to update version of the software. Serato remote would be 100% better thing if it had integrated library wiev, it s touch screen and got effector in it.

+1
Davideon 4:20 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:

Apparently it works with any sdj set up
Juwansome 4:49 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Space would be an issue but if they could figure out a way to fit DDJ SP1 like pads and controls on this it would be very interesting indeed.
Still, great idea.
Good work Numark.

Quote:
Quote:
Is it a touchscreen?

If only they would add the stackable waveforms and library display to the Serato remote app!
djkurve 6:07 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello deejdave,

Quote· Permalink

LOL!

Leave it to Numark.

I wonder if it is EXACTLY the same hardware lol!

It is the same exact hardware. I just disconnected the screens from my NS7III and the only difference is both of the USB ports on the dashboard hardware are labeled "USB IN" On the NS7III screen array one USB port is labeled NS7.

Numark Dashboard
i49.photobucket.com

Numark NS7III Screen Array
i49.photobucket.com
djkurve 6:10 PM - 23 January, 2016
They did add a couple feature request I asked for on their forums a few months ago. Sorting by key and time. Not nearly enough though..... Gotta love Numark and their baby steps. At least their sister company Denon DJ got it right with the MCX-8000. Screen functionality that is...
Cuervo 6:15 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
They did add a couple feature request I asked for on their forums a few months ago. Sorting by key and time. Not nearly enough though..... Gotta love Numark and their baby steps. At least their sister company Denon DJ got it right with the MCX-8000. Screen functionality that is...

If they are sister companies why Denon do not have the center screen? Most DJs use the parallel waveforms (sync) to blend music.
djkurve 6:22 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If they are sister companies why Denon do not have the center screen? Most DJs use the parallel waveforms (sync) to blend music.

From a design POV I don't see how that MCX-8000 would accommodate a center screen.

As far as DJ's and their preferences to horizontal/vertical waveforms, that's up to Numark whether or not they want to include that feature in an upcoming firmware release.
deejdave 6:57 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

How does Denon's affiliation with Numark in any way dictate the features this unit may or may not have? Just because my brother wore red today does not mean I will......... The Numark NV doesn't have the center screen either..........
Code:E 7:30 PM - 23 January, 2016
I'm hoping to see users hack the screens and use them in new and intresting ways.

I want to know if the screens are using so sort of video driver. I see so many uses for those screen in other worlds.
deejdave 11:22 PM - 23 January, 2016
The three monitor 19" setup with absolute freedom as long as it is live video is nothing new but obviously the harder part would be the coding etc. as this is not displaying an application but only a feature (or features) of an application.

Would sure be cool to see some customization though I agree.
joel antonio 7:48 PM - 25 January, 2016
disculpen soy de panama city solo 2 preguntas 1-tiene memoria interna y con que controladoras es comp
atible
Jay Free 8:07 PM - 25 January, 2016
Can the waves in the central be viewed vertically?
djkurve 9:48 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Can the waves in the central be viewed vertically?

No, but if Numark is anything like Serato whenever it comes to feature request, I'm sure if enough people want it then it will eventually be rolled out in an update...
djkurve 9:52 PM - 25 January, 2016
So good news as far as more features for current owners/future owners of the Dashboard whenever it's released! It will be getting a facelift! (From a GUI standpoint) This is direct from Chris D. via Numark forums.

"Expect an update later in the year to feature the same features as our sister brand Denon DJ's MCX8000 screens. The only thing it will not incorporate is the Engine software."
deejdave 9:53 PM - 25 January, 2016
Ya def possible but I do have to say with the screen sizes we would be looking at small verticals to say the least.
Oscar Troya 5:43 PM - 27 January, 2016
If it's compatible with serato video, I'm in!!!
djkurve 8:49 PM - 27 January, 2016
Quote:

Just curious to what you mean whenever you say, "compatible with serato video"?
Oscar Troya 9:08 PM - 27 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Just curious to what you mean whenever you say, "compatible with serato video"?

It would be awesome to monitor the output video using the middle screen. Been using my phone for that using syphon but it takes a lot of cpu.
djkurve 10:01 PM - 27 January, 2016
Ahh that's what I thought you meant. So according to Numarl these screen arrays are pretty limited with the amount of data/midi that's being between it and the computer. (Hence why the amount of Serato DJ features that are released with it via the NS7 III) Maybe in the next release of the Dasboard MKII.
freshadon 10:04 PM - 27 January, 2016
Hope the library can be sorted by the "#" column on this thing. Thats how my crates are sorted, if this can do it then i am twice as sold. Good thing about this contraption is as long as you have serato DJ running this will display what is advertised. Which means it don't matter the hardware you have. This will only be usesless if you use your laptop to scroll up and down the library and select tracks. But if you use devices that have library scroll knob then this is for you!
Mr Wilks 2:21 PM - 29 January, 2016
These won't be able to support video unless there's a HDMI input as the bandwidth of USB won't allow it.

I'd love to see it support video but it's just not possible to send three separate video screens down USB along with the audio from SDJ without using more ports and bottlenecking the USB port.

Sor it to be efficient it would really need a either three input connections on the back to get separate feeds from the triple head card or use the side by side configuration in Serato Video output via HDMI/DVI (losing master out view? I can't remember).

It would also need a video output on it so it can output what went into it to the house system.

Unless keeping the configuration the same as your current set up and it takes a second USB output from your laptop and outputs very low res triple image streaming video exclusively down that port but that would probably kill the processor if you don't have a high specced machine.

Just a thought on how video 'could' be done but highly unlikely. As much as I'd love it, I don't think it's realistically possible now.
Marv Incredible 2:47 PM - 29 January, 2016
Way to crush a man's dreams. ^

haha. Nah, you're absolutely spot-on.
Juwansome 4:10 PM - 29 January, 2016
USB 3.0/3.1 would be/ would have been capable though...
Code:E 4:41 PM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:
USB 3.0/3.1 would be/ would have been capable though...

With all the amateurs and hacks trying todo VIdeo on their PC's and low end laptop I am fearful of the 1000000s of post from tards wondering why there computers performance was shit.

Hell I dont know if I would trust my $3000 mac todo that let alone someones $899 Best buy laptop.
Even if numark could make it happen they wouldnt since so few systems would have enough power to run it.
deejdave 4:13 PM - 1 February, 2016
Any official word on what is recommended here?
"and then you plug the controller into the back of it (Display) right here" says Numark

"connect your supported hardware directly to the USB port of computer." says Serato

support.serato.com

Vs. youtu.be
DELVER 12:56 PM - 4 February, 2016
when the market will be available for sale as well as there are many who are interested accessory ...

please respond to requests ....

Spanish translator.....
DJH_PGH 8:27 PM - 7 February, 2016
Too my knowledge, you still can not "close your laptop and forget about it" you can move your laptop, you can download an app that will let you close the lid on your lap top... But if you want to close your laptop and basically just use it as a powered hard drive and processor than Numark isn't quite there yet.
Mr Wilks 9:39 PM - 7 February, 2016
Quote:
Too my knowledge, you still can not "close your laptop and forget about it" you can move your laptop, you can download an app that will let you close the lid on your lap top... But if you want to close your laptop and basically just use it as a powered hard drive and processor than Numark isn't quite there yet.

Well apart from searching then it's kinda right.

You need to be able to search for tracks using they keyboard if you work on the fly but if everything is in crates and organised then yes, it can be closed.

It also depends on the controller. Your controller will vary on whether or not you can close it... Not the screens.
Ca$h 5:51 PM - 4 March, 2016
Wait but what if I prepare the tracks I want to play on rekordbox, and save it to a usb stick, and plug it in to the back of the Dashboard. Would it work? If not does it work with rekordbox dj?
deejdave 1:00 AM - 5 March, 2016
No and No. The USB on the back of the dachboard is to plug in your controller and the other is just a USB hub and nothing more. The display is just as it sounds a display and nothing more.............. again except a SUB hub.

As a matter of fact if you plug your dashboard in without a controller connected to the same computer absolutely nothing will happen if I am not mistaken. Remember as the title says it is an OSA (official Serao Accessory) and not an interface (mixer, controller or soundcard [SL Box/DS1]) thus can not achieve what you are looking to do.

Furthermore the dashboard is NOT supported by Rekordbox or Rekordbox DJ in any way thus far.
Ca$h 4:51 AM - 5 March, 2016
Quote:
No and No. The USB on the back of the dachboard is to plug in your controller and the other is just a USB hub and nothing more. The display is just as it sounds a display and nothing more.............. again except a SUB hub.

As a matter of fact if you plug your dashboard in without a controller connected to the same computer absolutely nothing will happen if I am not mistaken. Remember as the title says it is an OSA (official Serao Accessory) and not an interface (mixer, controller or soundcard [SL Box/DS1]) thus can not achieve what you are looking to do.

Furthermore the dashboard is NOT supported by Rekordbox or Rekordbox DJ in any way thus far.

Well what I meant to say is if you put it on a controller compatible with rekordbox, I don't expect to mix music with just the display itself.
Ca$h 4:52 AM - 5 March, 2016
Also can't you map it like a controller or no?
deejdave 5:11 PM - 5 March, 2016
Quote:
Well what I meant to say is if you put it on a controller compatible with rekordbox, I don't expect to mix music with just the display itself.

You can use with a controller that is compatible with Rekordbox sure (DDJ-SX, DDJ-SZ etc.) but said controller must be running SDJ for the display to function.
Quote:
Also can't you map it like a controller or no?

There are two buttons on the device. What would you like to map them to? Furthermore how do you plan to toggle the view mode after you map said buttons?
Code:E 10:51 PM - 5 March, 2016
Hey Numark. Will the Dashboard work with the NS7II. I was thinking of buying one for me and I own a DDJSZ but I have buddyes with NS7ii's and I'm sure they would want to try it. And if they buy one I would tell them to get the one the I could borrow since theya re the same price.
djkurve 11:37 PM - 5 March, 2016
Quote:
Hey Numark. Will the Dashboard work with the NS7II. I was thinking of buying one for me and I own a DDJSZ but I have buddyes with NS7ii's and I'm sure they would want to try it. And if they buy one I would tell them to get the one the I could borrow since theya re the same price.

It works fine with the NS7 II.
DJSI 1:00 AM - 8 March, 2016
Does this new update support older controllers yet like the ns6?
deejdave 1:03 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Does this new update support older controllers yet like the ns6?

To be straight this is completely new hardware. This is by no means an update that gets the NS7II display working with other controllers.

That being said yes the NS6 was one of the controllers the Numark Display works with.
djkurve 5:22 AM - 8 March, 2016
So now that SDJ 1.8.2 is out and there is now official support with the Numark Dashboard I have a question. How does one accomplish being able to view the Time and Key in library view mode? (Center Screen) All I still see is just the Track Title, Artist, and BPM.
djkurve 5:25 AM - 8 March, 2016
This is in regard to the 5 columns options (library view mode center screen) How does one accomplish being able to view the Time and Key in library view mode? (Center Screen) All I see is just the Track Title, Artist, and BPM. (Which was the same in SDJ 1.8.1)
djkurve 5:25 AM - 8 March, 2016
Sorry for the double post.
djkurve 6:04 AM - 8 March, 2016
Any chance of SDJ 1.9 having support for beatgrids/tempo matching display for the dashboard?
MasterDJXavierJ 7:29 AM - 8 March, 2016
How bout this would be great if you could just eliminate the whole computer itself, just hook up your flash drive or external!
deejdave 7:38 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
How bout this would be great if you could just eliminate the whole computer itself, just hook up your flash drive or external!

................. and then a keyboard and a mouse then connect your controller and or mixer to it........................... sounds like just another computer to me.
MasterDJXavierJ 7:58 AM - 8 March, 2016
deejdave,

That's true but have it were it's in the controller or dashboard. So you won't need the laptop. It seems like they want to go that way. We already pay a lot for gear this way they can get away from bug fixes with different computers and OS's.
deejdave 8:02 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
deejdave,

That's true but have it were it's in the controller or dashboard. So you won't need the laptop. It seems like they want to go that way. We already pay a lot for gear this way they can get away from bug fixes with different computers and OS's.

Yes there would be some benefit no doubt but you think you pay a lot for hardware now? Try throwing the entire OS and DJ software into these devices.
MasterDJXavierJ 8:05 AM - 8 March, 2016
That'll be cool at least you can get a better price on resale value!
Mr Wilks 6:34 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
deejdave,

It will come at some point... definitely.
deejdave 7:14 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
It will come at some point... definitely.

Keep dreaming! LOL

I have one thing to say to that................... Rekordbox DJ :)
deejdave 7:18 PM - 8 March, 2016
I mean I have no doubt someone will attempt it. That is pretty much a definite. But what is also very probable is it won't catch on anymore than the original Rekordbox devices did which were already very close to what you are predicting anyways :)

Not gonna lie my new CDJ-2000NXS2's are pretty much right there already................. wi-fi, ethernet, keyboard support, track filtering, favorites, etc.
Mr Wilks 11:34 PM - 8 March, 2016
Rekordbox was just library management software until DJ dropped ano that needs an external computer. We need hardware with a processor and memory for Rekordbox to run on internally as CDJs are just slaves to the computer version.

The hardware will come as the software exists (were using it now).

My money is on Numark to release the first mainstream one.
deejdave 12:51 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Rekordbox was just library management software until DJ dropped ano that needs an external computer.

Yah but with the extras and mixer section of the XDJ units (not XDJ-1000) what else are you really looking for? It took music off an external HDD, offers library management, searching capabilities, keyboard support, FX, recording....................... what else do you suppose these all-in-ones you speak of will offer that say an XDJ-RX does not already? No matter what there will always be limitations to an all inclusive setup with a "built in computer" as opposed to modular. This is the way it has always been. Even with firmware/software updates the hardware always catches up to the times and now you have to replace your entire kit?

Like I said I 100% know that someone will release this and I 100% agree it will probably be Numark. This should be more than enough information by itself to predict how it will work out in the long run ..................... remember Numark is just PART of the 40% global market share that makes up everything not Pioneer.

LOL pretty bold and I am mostly kidding but there is also some truth to this.

But yeah out of curiosity what do you suppose these all-in-one (built in OS) units will offer that the XDJ-RX does not already?
Mr Wilks 2:40 AM - 9 March, 2016
For me I want the full Serato DJ experience inside a controller. My favourite FX, Flip, Slicer, SP-6, key adjust etc. The XDJ-RX is just a media player that lacks the power Serato offers and features of a full fledged DJ software.

A to B mixing with a few FX hardwired in aren't creative enough for me after coming from a powerful tool like Serato. I nearly got the RX insisted of the S8 but couldn't do without half the stuff I use regularly in Serato. It's not bad, but I'd buy one and only want to use HID mode... which it doesn't do.

The fact people are using HID over a standard USB stick in a CDJ means they are more comfortable using software over a CDJs (very basic) internal features.

If I use a CDJ I just go HID and never ever use USB sticks meaning I want the full Serato experience and not a media player with cue buttons.

Hopefully there's a company that can miniaturise a barebones PC like a Shuttle or similar into a controller case. They are small form factor so can be done...Then the game has truly changed.
Mr Wilks 2:47 AM - 9 March, 2016
Also... Pioneer CDJs or controllers that carry the Rekordbox logo just read Rekordbox data, they don't actually have Rekordbox built in. They are just fancy CD players that read data you've created in another program on a PC. Removing that and having Rekordbox DJ built directly into the RX would be amazing. Sampler, pad FX on board analysing... never have to bring a laptop again to a gig.

It's also removing a part of the set up thats expensive and unpredictable. It's reliability is decided by a third party. It would be better for this to be controlled by the manufacturer inside. It's a better experience so we aren't at the mercy of Apple or Microsoft whenever the latest update comes out.
deejdave 2:56 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
The fact people are using HID over a standard USB stick in a CDJ means they are more comfortable using software over a CDJs (very basic) internal features.

I can say for me that this only points out the fact I am comfortable using a laptop........... this is the whole modular thing I was speaking of and it is great.

The worst part of what you are bringing up is I guess the part you like best. I refuse to lock myself into any one platform or software. The day this device comes to fruition is the last day you have these options. Otherwise you are just using it as a generic midi controller anyways :)

I hate limitations and this has serious limitations written all over it.

Quote:
Pioneer CDJs or controllers that carry the Rekordbox logo just read Rekordbox data, they don't actually have Rekordbox built in. They are just fancy CD players that read data you've created in another program on a PC.

Mobile phone is all you really need if you want to skip out on the PC.
Quote:
It's also removing a part of the set up thats expensive and unpredictable. It's reliability is decided by a third party. It would be better for this to be controlled by the manufacturer inside. It's a better experience so we aren't at the mercy of Apple or Microsoft whenever the latest update comes out.

This is the one part I 100% agree on. Then again this comes at a great cost and I am not talking financially.

Quote:
Removing that and having Rekordbox DJ built directly into the RX would be amazing. Sampler, pad FX on board analysing... never have to bring a laptop again to a gig.

BTW this sounds very similar to the new Denon controller if I am not mistaken minus maybe the pad FX, etc.

Well I suppose we can deaden this for now as this does go ff topic. If I am not lying I personally think we will just be having these convo's until the end of time................. in other words................. haha
deejdave 3:03 AM - 9 March, 2016
I would like to end with my usual disclaimer LOL............... I would in NO WAY mind seeing this happen and until it does I am just speculating anyways. I am sitting here saying all the cons but for all I know it could be my answer in the future.
Dj PANDELIS K 1:51 PM - 4 April, 2016
DOES IT WORK WITH SERATO DJ INTRO????
deejdave 11:51 PM - 4 April, 2016
yaser 10:03 AM - 5 April, 2016
If only it had vertical Wave forms mode with the beatmatching needles, Praying Numark releases an update for this..

Sick of zoning out on laptop while Djing.. Always have to look on the sides if laptop is placed on table without a stand, even if placing the laptop on the centre with stand my 15" pro covers main view of the dancefloor..
izariel77 10:10 AM - 18 April, 2016
Hola,

alguien sabe si el Dashboard funciona con SL4 y usando los comandos de una DDJ SP1 , solo para trabajar con audio ,ya evidentemente no funciona para Serato video.

Saludos y gracias.
Ariel
izariel77 10:11 AM - 18 April, 2016
Hello,

anyone know if the Dashboard works with SL4 and commands using a DDJ SP1, only to work with audio, and obviously does not work for Serato video.

Greetings and thanks.
Ariel
djkurve 1:47 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Hello,

anyone know if the Dashboard works with SL4 and commands using a DDJ SP1, only to work with audio, and obviously does not work for Serato video.

Greetings and thanks.
Ariel

Yes. It's just another Serato DJ official accessory. Plug and play with whatever Serato DVS/controller setup.
acemc 11:10 PM - 18 April, 2016
I'd rather go for a custom screen instead.
Something like this: www.litemax.com
I have no clue on price, but think this to be a better option. No midi BS, just a proper screen, sized according to our needs. You could use it with any application & for video too (I think).
acemc 11:13 PM - 18 April, 2016
Just realised that they even make touch screen versions too!!
deejdave 1:11 AM - 19 April, 2016
This would literally be the same thing as the laptop screen though just a LOT harder to read, no? Furthermore the touchscreen would not help Mac users in any way.............. there a quite a few of them around here :) Lastly not sure how how well the 16:3 ratio would pan out given the SDJ GUI.

In other words IMO this is just another option but the Numark Dashboard does not just mirror (or extend) the desktop. It is a fully integrated OSA which offers multiple views.
Mr Wilks 1:17 AM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
This would literally be the same thing as the laptop screen though just a LOT harder to read, no? Furthermore the touchscreen would not help Mac users in any way.............. there a quite a few of them around here :) Lastly not sure how how well the 16:3 ratio would pan out given the SDJ GUI.

In other words IMO this is just another option but the Numark Dashboard does not just mirror (or extend) the desktop. It is a fully integrated OSA which offers multiple views.

This!
Code:E 4:33 AM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:

I agree.

But I feel like numark could have done one better. The screens are great, but I feel like they are a tester for more screens and not the level of equipment DJ's should be getting. I feel like the dashboard could have been programmed with more options than it was. Just a little extra effort could have made the dashboard just next level.
acemc 2:01 PM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
This would literally be the same thing as the laptop screen though just a LOT harder to read, no?

That's pretty much the way I see the dashboard.
Quote:
Furthermore the touchscreen would not help Mac users in any way

I only mention it coz I see people asking for it.
Quote:
It is a fully integrated OSA which offers multiple views.

Well, this is actually a bit of a downfall (imho). You are ONLY able to use it for SDJ & then still limited to use it the way Serato want/think it should be used.
The resolution (16:3) could definitely be a problem, however picture this....
If you had a normal resolution display (16:9 or whatever it is) the size of a dashboard, that you were able to scroll up & down?? - That's kinda how I pictured it.
You would have the top portion of SDJ (decks & waveforms) displayed, then just scroll down when you want your library. Just an idea really, but I honestly don't think I'd splash that type of cash on the dashboard. I'd much rather have a real screen.
deejdave 11:19 PM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
I agree.

But I feel like numark could have done one better. The screens are great, but I feel like they are a tester for more screens and not the level of equipment DJ's should be getting. I feel like the dashboard could have been programmed with more options than it was. Just a little extra effort could have made the dashboard just next level.

Absolutely. I am hopeful this will be adopted and perfected by other manufacturers. While not the caliber of hardware I typically go for it is cheap so no real harm in trying it out.

I do agree these are just the start though.
izariel77 9:24 AM - 25 April, 2016
thanks, I will not buy and hope it works smoothly, the official website of Numark says nothing about the compatibilities.
deejdave 8:52 PM - 25 April, 2016
Quote:
thanks, I will not buy and hope it works smoothly, the official website of Numark says nothing about the compatibilities.

I don't think they would need to. It is just an OSA like any other.
DJ $7 Haircut 6:11 PM - 17 November, 2017
Has anybody attempted to use their NS7ii display with other controller hardware besides the NS7ii? The newer dashboard display looks identical to the NS7ii display (other than the mounting bracket), has the exact same features, and appears to use the same firmware (both have the same version name, number (currently 1.05), filenames etc.).

Numark's support tells me the NS7ii display will only work with the NS7ii, though I'm beginning to suspect that the Dashboard is exactly the same as the NS7ii display (other than the mounting brackets).

Surely somebody has tried this already? Does anybody know why the NS7ii display can't be used with other hardware like the Dashboard can?
djkurve 6:34 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
Has anybody attempted to use their NS7ii display with other controller hardware besides the NS7ii? The newer dashboard display looks identical to the NS7ii display (other than the mounting bracket), has the exact same features, and appears to use the same firmware (both have the same version name, number (currently 1.05), filenames etc.).

Numark's support tells me the NS7ii display will only work with the NS7ii, though I'm beginning to suspect that the Dashboard is exactly the same as the NS7ii display (other than the mounting brackets).

Surely somebody has tried this already? Does anybody know why the NS7ii display can't be used with other hardware like the Dashboard can?

After the new firmware update was released for the NS7II, it unlocked the same features of the dashboard. I.E. Use it with any hardware like the standalone dashboard.
deejdave 10:32 PM - 17 November, 2017
It is the NS7III that had the screens not the NS7II. How could a firmware update for a controller (NS7III) affect the displays in any way? They would be treated as a separate device and would be updated directly no? Furthermore Numark support is confirming this? I never understood how/why the behavior of the NS7III displays would be different than the dashboard but as it stands I would be hesitant to say the least.

@ djkurve have you tried the display from the NS7III with other hardware personally?
acemc 11:46 AM - 20 November, 2017
If it's an official accessory, surely it should work any other Serato hardware.
I actually saw u youtube video of a guy with a NS7iii using a dashboard connected to display all 4 decks.
deejdave 1:56 PM - 20 November, 2017
The display on the numark ns7III is not an OSA. The dashboard is.
acemc 7:39 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:

Sorry I thought he was talking about the dashboard.
I didn't know that you could disconnect the screen from the NS7III
My MCX8000 screens show up in the midi section of my mac as MCX8000 Display Left & Right. So it's probably got to do with the usb product id (pid & vid). In other words the computer & Serato see it as a part of the NS7.
djkurve 1:51 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:

If you download the latest firmware for the NS7 II/NS7 III screen array, it will unlock the same capabilities as the Dashboard. It is literally the same firmware that is in the Dashboard. Trust me I've been using an NS7 III screen array with the latest firmware update and I can plug and play with any SDJ hardware.
deejdave 2:12 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
I've been using an NS7 III screen array with the latest firmware update and I can plug and play with any SDJ hardware.

That's what I was waiting to hear. You are literally the first person who has said this including Numark employees. Also ony found this community.numark.com was the only thing I was able to find which says

"This essentially turns the NS7II Display www.numark.com into a Dashboard." which again is not the NS7III.

Thanks for clarifying that.
deejdave 2:28 AM - 21 November, 2017
Also you got a link for that firmware update for the NS7III? I was able to find on the NS7II display, NS7II itself & Dashboard (all three being V 1.05) but nothing on the NS7III page other than driver updates.
djkurve 2:55 AM - 21 November, 2017
The NS7 III screen array is the same one as the NS7 II screen array. Numark decided after the NS7 III was release that they were going to sell the NS7 III screen array as a stand-alone product. Fast forward a few months and they announce the "Dashboard!" Basically a cosmetically updated version of the NS7 II/NS7 III screen array. Oh and updated firmware that support the newer features of SDJ at the time. So Numark dragged they feet forever and eventually released the Dashboard firmware to all the NS7 II/ NS7 III screen array users. Which is 1.0.5 Notice the file name of the firmware? (NumarkDashboardFirmwareUpdater1.0.5) They kinda quietly updated the firmware links without a public announcement. Probably because they wanted people to buy the more expensive Dashboard vs a cheaper NS7 II screen array. I was a thorn in Numarks forums. lol!
deejdave 3:02 AM - 21 November, 2017
You were def quite the busy little bee I saw LMAO. You know what......... GOOD!! It had to be done. Chris rubbed quite a few peeps the wrong way and I remember going through some issues with false timelines and broken promises regarding the addition of DVS to the NS7II which ended up getting it but in the end I feel like it did not have to go down that way.
djkurve 3:24 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
You were def quite the busy little bee I saw LMAO. You know what......... GOOD!! It had to be done. Chris rubbed quite a few peeps the wrong way and I remember going through some issues with false timelines and broken promises regarding the addition of DVS to the NS7II which ended up getting it but in the end I feel like it did not have to go down that way.

LOL! Yes I was. I've been on a lot of forums in my lifetime and Numarks is by far the worst.