DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Need Some Advice From The Pros Please!

DJ KidX 4:40 AM - 9 January, 2016
Ok! so im really nervous! My friend who has taken me under his wing with DJing, is giving me a gig for the 30th of this month! Ive done some small gigs with him like little kids parties and i do stuff for my own family, but have never got a legit gig so this be my first! What is some advice that the pros can give me! Like, What songs do i play as an intro (any song or artist in particular)? and any other advice would be great cause again, ive never had a legit gig but this one will have up to 75-100 people so i want to make sure i have the right stuff i guess you can say!
DJ Matty Stiles 5:04 AM - 9 January, 2016
It's highly important that you start off your set with this followed by a Jesus pose:

youtu.be
DJ KidX 5:17 AM - 9 January, 2016
play it up until 23 sec and then while that pause is going on, go into my set and hit it something hard!
nathans1 6:13 AM - 9 January, 2016
Quote:
play it up until 23 sec and then while that pause is going on, go into my set and hit it something hard!

You should start your set with at least five Hardwell tracks. Then scratch transition into Skrillex with old Sonny Moore mashups. Then drop the tempo to about 135 bpm and blend in anyone on 2015 DJMag top 100 djs (only top ten) about this time you should probably jump around like a methed out crack ho for 10-15 with some fist pumps for punctuation (let them know your there and you mean business) Then smack them upside the head with 2 Barry Manilow tracks. I suggest Mandy and Copa Cabana. Then repeat everything you have all ready done one more time. As DT says "It will be HUGE". If you can borrow a mouse or rat mask you should, That would be epic. Best of luck. We have missed you around here. Glad you found a mentor to take you under his tonearm. ; )
DJ KidX 6:38 PM - 9 January, 2016
im being serious this time man! I missed you all too! But my mentor has been showing me some actual trance and deep house stuff and so far, i actually like it! ive learned how to mix with trance and how to Slam a track on with trance! As for scratching, havent gotten it down! he doesnt really scratch but he has a friend who is great with turntablism and vinyl so his friend is gonna come by sometime! but haha, i will for sure use this! I might do a jesus pose too while playing a song from Hardwell! People will probably go crazy!
DJ KidX 6:41 PM - 9 January, 2016
uhhhhhhh! whats up with the barry manilow songs? they are like, slow dancing songs 0.0 If i invite my crush to go, then i will play them! (points ya know)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:35 PM - 9 January, 2016
Quote:
As for scratching, havent gotten it down! he doesnt really scratch but!

Your first live gig will be a great place to learn! Learn in front of a large crowd so you learn under pressure. Plus since he dosent scratch the bars already set low. Youll blow minds!
DJ KidX 10:16 PM - 9 January, 2016
true, so i will be learning a lot on the 30th! like reading the crowd and how much to use the mic or what to play! especially reading crowds cause i dont want to bore my crowd or play anything that will make them... unhappy!!
Davideon 9:35 AM - 10 January, 2016
For a truly awesome intro song play welcome to the jungle by guns n roses. Seriously
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:33 AM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
uhhhhhhh! whats up with the barry manilow songs? they are like, slow dancing songs 0.0 If i invite my crush to go, then i will play them! (points ya know)

+2 for your crush liking Barry Manilow....
DJ KidX 5:29 PM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
For a truly awesome intro song play welcome to the jungle by guns n roses. Seriously

haha yes i love that song! A song that i am going to play is "Seven Nation army by the white stripes". And Johnny, haha you know how it goes!!! :)
DJ KidX 5:32 PM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

haha but "our" song that is like special to both of us, is Earth angel by the penguins and stand by me by ben e king... ive dated this girl back in 10th so!
nathans1 6:26 PM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

haha but "our" song that is like special to both of us, is Earth angel by the penguins and stand by me by ben e king... ive dated this girl back in 10th so!

Awe... Where is a heart emoji when you need one.
DJ KidX 6:54 PM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

haha :D like, i feel like if i tell you this whole story you all would probably get all weird! no just kidding, but i really like her! Thing is, she has a boyfriend right now and i feel like im going through karma which sucks! But yeah im inviting her to the gig cause i feel like when shes around me when im doing music... like piano or guitat or ever DJ, i do A LOT better!! like she's my main motivation. i can go on but i dont know haha!
DJ KidX 6:55 PM - 10 January, 2016
i just want to ask but, are any of you from california? like LA area?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:15 PM - 11 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

haha :D like, i feel like if i tell you this whole story you all would probably get all weird! no just kidding, but i really like her! Thing is, she has a boyfriend right now and i feel like im going through karma which sucks! But yeah im inviting her to the gig cause i feel like when shes around me when im doing music... like piano or guitat or ever DJ, i do A LOT better!! like she's my main motivation. i can go on but i dont know haha!

No, by all means please continue
DJ KidX 2:12 AM - 12 January, 2016
so me and this girl have dated before! we met at the same school.. i like her, she liked me, i wanted to be with her! during lunch we met in our schools band room because she always loved to hear me play piano and when she heard me play for the first time, she fell for me with in a second and ever since then she has loved my piano playing! i dont want to get into the story bout us dating haha!! lets just say, me and her still talk about it, no we didnt do any of that, teen stuff.. shes not like those types of girls and im not that type of guy so... i swear to you guys! so 2 weeks go by, we break up.... things got awkward for a LONG time like, at lease 3 months or up until the last month of school (btw we dated in october of 2014 and school gets out in early june). To get her back, i made her these VERY basic mixes that i made (i made them before i had the serato set so i was ONLY using VDJ) and i made her a mix of her favorite songs or songs that we called "ours". me and her have a VERY similar taste in music. NOT EDM, she likes SOME of that but not a whole producer. maybe like one song from hardwell or 4 songs from hardwell i guess. but me and her like those songs like "stereo hearts by gym class heroes" or "just the way you are by bruno mars" "all of me by john legend" "stand by me by ben E kind" "sky full of stars by coldplay"... songs like those.. we have over 10 songs that are special to both of us! when i asked her out, i made a mix on the piano NO DJing required, a mix of "all of me", "earth angle by the penguins" and "stand by me".. because those three songs are kinda in the same key so it was easy to just use the same chords from "earth angel" and play all three songs.. so i played that for her before asking her out...
DJ KidX 2:18 AM - 12 January, 2016
so yes its true! ever since she has fallen for my piano playing and has called those mixes that i made for her "special and will always keep them cause you made them for me and your my favorite DJ", everytime shes around while im doing anything with music, i feel this urge or this energy to do great... like a motivation or something i dont know.. but playing piano especially... playing those 16th notes are fast and hard to play... when she is around or on the phone listening to me play... i can play those 16th notes with no problem at all.. and i finish the song by mozart with no mistake at all!! DJing... she loves how i can do it! i call her my V.I.P and she says i will always be your #1 fan!
DJ KidX 2:54 AM - 12 January, 2016
ok.. to the point this time! we startd talking for a bit once the year started to calm down! i sat close to her while watching videos in class... the last day of school i forgot to say bye to her cause i really didnt care.. i still liked her even though we broke up and i was STILL heart broken and i figured she didnt like me anymore... so i still liked her, but she probably didnt like me. so i wanted to get over her, that why i didnt say bye to her! so.. some weeks go by and im still trying to get over her, so there was this chick that ive know since 8th grade, who likes me every time i talk to her and i end up liking her too, so i was like, why not get with her, that way i can get over my first ex! so we commit and everything and then one day, me and this girl are both texting on instagram! i get a Direct message on instagram from my first ex or a pic showing on what shes doing and it was a pic of her in front of a flower garden thing! thing is, i ended up giving the girl i was with, my instagram password and username, so she was on my profile when my first ex sent that pic! so she pretends its me and talks to my ex! and then things got out of hand. some other user that had the name "jacob and odalys forever"... yes thats my name and thats her name.. nice to meet you all im jacob!! so this other use starts saying like "oh you guys NEED to get back together, you guys are so perfect and odalys you should have never broken up with him in the first place, jacob you should break up with your girlfriend right now and get back with odalys" and my ex is like "no leave jacob and his girlfriend in peace" and the girl i was dating was like getting confused and pretending to be me and at the same time trying to not get mad!! so.. i know that other user was odalys.. but when i asked her who the user was, she always says, i dont know! so... then we just stopped talking! like for 5 months we stopped talking (me and odalys)... and i will tell you.. my piano skills got terrible.. i never practiced.. never cared bout piano really.. DJing.. i was BARELY learning the DDJ SR and the girl i was with was getting mad cuz i was enjoying my FIRST set so this girl just wasnt a big supporter like odalys was which i didnt like i started thinking bout her, dreaming but her and asked myself what was i doing with this girl and asking myself if that was odalys from instagram and she wanted me back! so me and this girl broke up!! odalys moved to a city 30 min from mine and no longer went to my school so i was very sad! but i was friends with her friends so i found one of her friends and i was like "hey have u talked to odalys lately" so she said yeah and asked why so i told her that i missed her a lot! so i get home and i get an email from odalys saying "hey its me" and omg i was SOOOO happy like revived and everything! so that was late august! ever since then.. me and her have 24/7 non stop texted each other! im texting her now!! and even now!! and tomorrow and its like now... i know SOOOOOOOOOO much about her.. like her whole life story, her family, her friends, her secrets, EVERYTHING... i know more about her then her Best friend that she has known since 6th grade!! i know A LOT bout odalys.. no lie!! now i make her laugh and make jokes and plan things with her!! anyway back to it.. in october... me and odalys had a flashback month, it was the month that we dated so i we were remembering which day we started talking and what we did then next day and the next the next and then next.. and then we flashed back from when we were together and how she fell asleep on my shoulder after class and how i would hug her and hold her in the lunch lines!!
Chris Deluxe 3:37 AM - 12 January, 2016
dude
DJ KidX 3:40 AM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
dude

hey they said to keep on with the story so i did!
Chris Deluxe 3:48 AM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
dude

hey they said to keep on with the story so i did!

Yeah you're right. Please let us know how you see the future with you and Odalys. Did you make a mixtape for her too? Have you recovered your instagram password? So many unanswered questions...
DJ KidX 3:57 AM - 12 January, 2016
haha! I see me and her together! she has a boy friend right now but i can tell even now, that she still has feelings for me but she wants to be respectful and not cheat or anything! But i can wait! in the future i see me asking her to prom.. my tie will match with her dress! i will take her out to dinner that night, italian place, dim lighting, italian music, pizza probably! then i'll be respectful and take her home at the time her parents want! i see me and her going to the beach during summer and going to disneyland together and when in college, focus on that! i would like to be her boy friend while in college and once we are out.. i can pop the question ;) i'll take her to jazz clubs and i'll DJ for her and play piano for her and i like to have fun! and yes i have made her a mixtape before! yes i have recovered my instagram password! and that girl that had it, still wants to get with me but on new years eve i told her no and that i still have feelings for odalys so!
nathans1 4:39 AM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
haha! I see me and her together! she has a boy friend right now but i can tell even now, that she still has feelings for me but she wants to be respectful and not cheat or anything! But i can wait! in the future i see me asking her to prom.. my tie will match with her dress! i will take her out to dinner that night, italian place, dim lighting, italian music, pizza probably! then i'll be respectful and take her home at the time her parents want! i see me and her going to the beach during summer and going to disneyland together and when in college, focus on that! i would like to be her boy friend while in college and once we are out.. i can pop the question ;) i'll take her to jazz clubs and i'll DJ for her and play piano for her and i like to have fun! and yes i have made her a mixtape before! yes i have recovered my instagram password! and that girl that had it, still wants to get with me but on new years eve i told her no and that i still have feelings for odalys so!

Sorry to burst your bubble kid but its not going to last...
DJ KidX 4:49 AM - 12 January, 2016
with her and her boy friend.. or with me and her!! yeah i know! or i mean! it might or might not happen! no one knows the future! we will just have to see! still gonna try!
nathans1 4:58 AM - 12 January, 2016
With you.
slimmjimm 9:02 AM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
With you.

This. Very much this.
nathans1 9:33 AM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
with her and her boy friend.. or with me and her!! yeah i know! or i mean! it might or might not happen! no one knows the future! we will just have to see! still gonna try!

If you ask me why I will tell you.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:07 PM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
ok.. to the point this time! we startd talking for a bit once the year started to calm down! i sat close to her while watching videos in class... the last day of school i forgot to say bye to her cause i really didnt care.. i still liked her even though we broke up and i was STILL heart broken and i figured she didnt like me anymore... so i still liked her, but she probably didnt like me. so i wanted to get over her, that why i didnt say bye to her! so.. some weeks go by and im still trying to get over her, so there was this chick that ive know since 8th grade, who likes me every time i talk to her and i end up liking her too, so i was like, why not get with her, that way i can get over my first ex! so we commit and everything and then one day, me and this girl are both texting on instagram! i get a Direct message on instagram from my first ex or a pic showing on what shes doing and it was a pic of her in front of a flower garden thing! thing is, i ended up giving the girl i was with, my instagram password and username, so she was on my profile when my first ex sent that pic! so she pretends its me and talks to my ex! and then things got out of hand. some other user that had the name "jacob and odalys forever"... yes thats my name and thats her name.. nice to meet you all im jacob!! so this other use starts saying like "oh you guys NEED to get back together, you guys are so perfect and odalys you should have never broken up with him in the first place, jacob you should break up with your girlfriend right now and get back with odalys" and my ex is like "no leave jacob and his girlfriend in peace" and the girl i was dating was like getting confused and pretending to be me and at the same time trying to not get mad!! so.. i know that other user was odalys.. but when i asked her who the user was, she always says, i dont know! so... then we just stopped talking! like for 5 months we stopped talking (me and odalys)... and i will tell you.. my piano skills got terrible.. i never practiced.. never cared bout piano really.. DJing.. i was BARELY learning the DDJ SR and the girl i was with was getting mad cuz i was enjoying my FIRST set so this girl just wasnt a big supporter like odalys was which i didnt like i started thinking bout her, dreaming but her and asked myself what was i doing with this girl and asking myself if that was odalys from instagram and she wanted me back! so me and this girl broke up!! odalys moved to a city 30 min from mine and no longer went to my school so i was very sad! but i was friends with her friends so i found one of her friends and i was like "hey have u talked to odalys lately" so she said yeah and asked why so i told her that i missed her a lot! so i get home and i get an email from odalys saying "hey its me" and omg i was SOOOO happy like revived and everything! so that was late august! ever since then.. me and her have 24/7 non stop texted each other! im texting her now!! and even now!! and tomorrow and its like now... i know SOOOOOOOOOO much about her.. like her whole life story, her family, her friends, her secrets, EVERYTHING... i know more about her then her Best friend that she has known since 6th grade!! i know A LOT bout odalys.. no lie!! now i make her laugh and make jokes and plan things with her!! anyway back to it.. in october... me and odalys had a flashback month, it was the month that we dated so i we were remembering which day we started talking and what we did then next day and the next the next and then next.. and then we flashed back from when we were together and how she fell asleep on my shoulder after class and how i would hug her and hold her in the lunch lines!!

Anyone else read this in drakes voice? Drake, that you?
DJBotz 3:41 PM - 12 January, 2016
Can you tell us a little about her background? Medical history, former crushes, etc..What are her plans for the future? Does she ever want to have kids? Its really important to get these things out in the open right away, so neither of you is wasting each others time.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:49 PM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
Can you tell us a little about her background? Medical history, former crushes, etc..What are her plans for the future? Does she ever want to have kids? Its really important to get these things out in the open right away, so neither of you is wasting each others time.

Inquiring minds need to know!

Whats her current boyfriend like? Does he produce hit records? I bet hes like a 6'6 football meathead.
CMOS 6:03 PM - 12 January, 2016
This kid delivers.
DJ KidX 7:01 PM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If you ask me why I will tell you.

alright! why? i'll answer other questions later!
DTweed 7:19 PM - 12 January, 2016
This thread went from Advice to Soap Opera for DJs.... HOW O_O
nathans1 10:39 PM - 12 January, 2016
Quote:
This thread went from Advice to Soap Opera for DJs.... HOW O_O

And tomorrow on "As The Vinyl Turns"...
DJ KidX 11:50 PM - 12 January, 2016
well i at lease want to get with her one more time!! like shes amazing! like she really makes me feel like my world is complete. talking to her 24/7 everyday is fine! seeing her is like, the piece of the puzzle! she says she wants to be there at my first gig so! and no her boy friend is pretty cool, i hear they get along really well but, i doubt it will last 6 months or more! if it does i can wait! and no he doesnt spit mixtapes i honestly dont know what he does
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:19 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
well i at lease want to get with her one more time!! like shes amazing! like she really makes me feel like my world is complete. talking to her 24/7 everyday is fine! seeing her is like, the piece of the puzzle! she says she wants to be there at my first gig so! and no her boy friend is pretty cool, i hear they get along really well but, i doubt it will last 6 months or more! if it does i can wait! and no he doesnt spit mixtapes i honestly dont know what he does

I'll tell ya what he does, he gorilla fucks this chick your waitin for till shed blue in the face lol. Quit waitin and keep it moving
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:42 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, by all means please continue

Beat me to it.....lmao.
DJ KidX 12:43 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I'll tell ya what he does, he gorilla fucks this chick your waitin for till shed blue in the face lol. Quit waitin and keep it moving

lol i wish it were that easy!
nathans1 12:44 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:

Have you gone back and read everything you wrote? Have you ever heard of the word BREVITY. Look it up if you haven't. If you have...learn to use it. The reason shes not with you is because your long winded and boring. I seriously considered suicide after reading the first paragraph. You 17 years old right?? Im sure your used to people walking away from you when your still talking, am I right? Yep Im right. Im sure shes thought about sitting on your face just to shut you up. Im sure your going to woo her with your amazing dj skills and then her bf is going to take her home and fuck her to your mixtape.
nathans1 12:45 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you talking about Hardwell again??? I thought you were over that.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:50 AM - 13 January, 2016
This kid is GREAT.....
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:15 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey KidX post a link up to this infamous instagram account. I wanna see what all the fuss is about
DJ KidX 1:18 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sorry bro! that was last year before summer! i dont have all that anymore! it was on my gmail like.. all the screen shots of the msgs but i emptied out my whole trash can last year so... i dont know if i can recover it!
Hey KidX post a link up to this infamous instagram account. I wanna see what all the fuss is about
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:21 AM - 13 January, 2016
Nevermind....found it

i.instagram.com
DJ KidX 1:22 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Nevermind....found it

i.instagram.com

oh dang! you found my instagram!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:27 AM - 13 January, 2016
and thats not all....
i.instagram.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:30 AM - 13 January, 2016
I just came to a crushing realization that kidx has been 100% serious about this whole think....i was sure it was a troll but now ....just......i......
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:35 AM - 13 January, 2016
www.instagram.com

Is that the boyfriend? It looks like 6s highschool pic lol
DJ KidX 1:40 AM - 13 January, 2016
oh is it the guy with the suit and the tie and shes right next to him? no thats not him! that was a longgg time ago.. thats her friend!
DJ KidX 1:41 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
I just came to a crushing realization that kidx has been 100% serious about this whole think....i was sure it was a troll but now ....just......i......

nah im done trolling you all... for awhile lol... in a month! we talk about hardwell ;D WHOSE READY FOR THAT AGAIN!!!!!
DJ KidX 1:41 AM - 13 January, 2016
i dont know what her boyfriend looks like!
DJ KidX 1:42 AM - 13 January, 2016
but im trying to recover my old msgs from last year so i can show u the instagram stuff!! like it was screen shotted and everything... every last detail!!
DJ KidX 1:49 AM - 13 January, 2016
and i know it was her that was on the other user! to this day, she still says she doesnt know who the other user was but, i asked all her friends and even checked the ones i suspected, i checked their instagram and non of them! she has 2 sisters but when me and her were together, they didnt know me that well, they knew who i was but they never talked to me and they are younger and not in high school yet so! its still a mystery!
DJBotz 2:23 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:

I was on the fence about that too. Seemed too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:23 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:

Yep, in my mind I was like "Bezzle bout to get handled by a High Schooler"....lol...

Why?

Because this kid brought you back to EXACTLY the kind of stuff that was deadly important to you in High School....

And we've ALL been there....

Salute....
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:47 PM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, in my mind I was like "Bezzle bout to get handled by a High Schooler"....lol...

Why?

Because this kid brought you back to EXACTLY the kind of stuff that was deadly important to you in High School....

And we've ALL been there....

Salute....

You lost me on all points here
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:28 PM - 13 January, 2016
I forgot, you were never in High School...

Or a kid....

My bad... Lmao! 😀
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:48 PM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
I forgot, you were never in High School...

Or a kid....

My bad... Lmao! 😀

still lost....relevance?
DJ KidX 4:02 PM - 13 January, 2016
lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:41 PM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
....relevance?

None....

You're not relevant here.....

Nothing to see here folks.....lol.
DJ Guayo 8:02 PM - 13 January, 2016
drop the D and move on... trust...
DJ KidX 11:54 PM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
drop the D and move on... trust...

who? me?
DJ Guayo 2:28 PM - 14 January, 2016
drop the D on her and move on... too much puppy love going on...
DJ KidX 11:42 PM - 14 January, 2016
Quote:

i'll give it a few months... if they havent broken up in that time, i'll get along with it!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:25 AM - 15 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i'll give it a few months... if they havent broken up in that time, i'll get along with it!

Nah son, there aint no waitin, KEEP IT MOVIN!
DJ KidX 2:27 AM - 15 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

we'll see! imma wait for it!... maybe!
DJ KidX 9:24 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Boom! i just asked her a year early if she would go to prom with me my senior year!! and she said yes!! but because im not actually around her, i called her and asked but i told her once i see her i will ask in a better and more professional way!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:13 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait...wait wait...

Is this coming from BEZZLE, who's LEGACY was defined by none other than Mrs. BEZZLE who come on here and clowned you?

The one who was sleeping with your BOY the promoter?

And you CHOSE to still stay wif that chick?

DJ KidX, I'm about to give you an exclusive....

Watchwww.youtube.com

That's Bezzle's gurl.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:17 AM - 18 January, 2016
And just for kicks....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

And the OFFICIAL PROMO - > Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 AM - 18 January, 2016
These never get old....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:19 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Boom! i just asked her a year early if she would go to prom with me my senior year!! and she said yes!! but because im not actually around her, i called her and asked but i told her once i see her i will ask in a better and more professional way!!!!

Look here young blood....

Bezzle is the LAST PERSON you need to be taking chick advice from....lmao.
nathans1 2:39 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Dang. Why you gotta go and make Bezzles cry. I had seen those videos a while ago but...
DJ KidX 3:46 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

lol wow!!! hey luckily she can dance!! shes got some class for dancing! but haha! alright, i got you johnny and nathan... if i need advice, i got you guys! turns out, they broke up yesterday! hes moving away in a month so they broke up... she was like "hey wanna know something" so she told me and i was like happy and excited but knew i couldnt just jump at it right away... slow and steady wins the race! i asked her to prom and she for next year and.. i know she said yes cause shes like "when you come to my birthday in march, i will give u the answer" which im translating as a yes!!!!!
nathans1 3:50 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol wow!!! hey luckily she can dance!! shes got some class for dancing! but haha! alright, i got you johnny and nathan... if i need advice, i got you guys! turns out, they broke up yesterday! hes moving away in a month so they broke up... she was like "hey wanna know something" so she told me and i was like happy and excited but knew i couldnt just jump at it right away... slow and steady wins the race! i asked her to prom and she for next year and.. i know she said yes cause shes like "when you come to my birthday in march, i will give u the answer" which im translating as a yes!!!!!

Or when you go to her party in March you can meet her new boyfriend. No better time than the present young blood. You ever hear the expression "strike when the irons hot"? It time to strike.
DJ KidX 4:17 AM - 18 January, 2016
but isnt asking her to prom a year early to prom and right after she has broken up with her ex, considered striking? so im sure she knows what im trying to do, if she has the same feelings for me right now, i shouldnt have to worry... thing is... how do i know she has those feelings... i think just answered my own question but i mean... c'mon, she said in the pasted that she wanted me back, that can still be around! i told her on new years ever that i still liked her since we broke up, and i text her everyday 24/7 and even when the conversation is about ot be dead, she comes up with some random stuff to just keep talking to me... so we all now know that she actually enjoys texting me 24/7... if someone has a crush on you, dont you think they would want to text you 24/7? just saying
DJ KidX 4:26 AM - 18 January, 2016
cause think... prom is a BIG deal to girls... the date, the mood (its night), the dress, dancing, its the last dance of your high school years... asking a girl to prom, is huge for them! so probably asking her, shes proably thinking in her mind like "omg he just asked me to prom"... me and her have talked bout it and everything! today i actually asked her, but i have to wait for march to get the official answer. its all good! In the mean time, im just gonna do what i do, text her, make her mixes, give her small hints that i have feels for her, try and take her to places with my family like my gig coming up on the 30th! so... i feel like im home free!
nathans1 4:44 AM - 18 January, 2016
ok.
DJ KidX 4:45 AM - 18 January, 2016
am i right?
nathans1 7:17 AM - 18 January, 2016
Time will tell. You should know in a year.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:19 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
The one who was sleeping with your BOY the promoter?

And you CHOSE to still stay wif that chick?

DJ KidX, I'm about to give you an exclusive....

Watchwww.youtube.com

That's Bezzle's gurl.....

lol, leave it up to ole ashy larry to be caught behind the times. Probably still betting on the lakers to win it bug this year too lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:24 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
i have to wait for march to get the official answer.

Dude if thats the how it is the answer is NO and you should keep it movin. Never wait on a bitch and never let yourself be a 2nd choice. If shed waiting till march to answer the damn question all she is doing is using you as a fallback plan in the case that she cant get any of the guys on her top 10 guys she actually wants to fuck list to ask her. .If she tells you shell give you an answer in march your reponse should have been, aight well im gonna shop around but if im still available in march we can talk about it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:26 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
but isnt asking her to prom a year early to prom and right after she has broken up with her ex, considered striking? so im sure she knows what im trying to do, if she has the same feelings for me right now, i shouldnt have to worry... thing is... how do i know she has those feelings... i think just answered my own question but i mean... c'mon, she said in the pasted that she wanted me back, that can still be around! i told her on new years ever that i still liked her since we broke up, and i text her everyday 24/7 and even when the conversation is about ot be dead, she comes up with some random stuff to just keep talking to me... so we all now know that she actually enjoys texting me 24/7... if someone has a crush on you, dont you think they would want to text you 24/7? just saying

Nope, if she actuallt had a crush on you shed be over at your house lip lockin, not textin (while shes textin 10 other people)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:27 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
lol wow!!! hey luckily she can dance!! shes got some class for dancing! but haha! alright,

No young man, she will get NO POINTS or "Class" for her dancing....

You're still young, so you'll learn, but from us seasoned vets?

She in all aspects is a "No"....Trust us on that one...

Quote:
i got you johnny and nathan... if i need advice, i got you guys!

Anybody BUT Bezzle.....and you'll be OK...

Well, ALMOST anybody but Bezzle, there are a few cats around here with some screws loose....but they've laid low for a bit....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:27 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
[ "strike when the irons hot"? It time to strike.

This.....

Don't wait....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:29 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Never wait on a bitch and never let yourself be a 2nd choice.

LMAO! @ Bezzle regifting the advice WE GAVE HIM many moons ago...

Classic....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
slow and steady wins the race!

Bruh, that was YESTERYEAR...

Technology has allowed chicks to elevate to levels of smutness never before achievable..

Yes, she can be texting YOU and 10 other cats at the same time, put y'all in her calendar if he has designated days for you, and get you into a predictable routine.

I'm not saying STALK, or OBSESS, but use technology and your DJ fame to your advantage...

Right now, she's getting FREE MUSIC and MIXES from you, and could be hittin' off the next dude to the BPM's you put together for HER......

A woman wants to get as MUCH as she can from a man FOR FREE....

And vice versa....

Time to have her pay up...

Cuz right now, you're on Lay-A-Way...
DJ KidX 11:12 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Technology has allowed chicks to elevate to levels of smutness never before achievable..

Yes, she can be texting YOU and 10 other cats at the same time, put y'all in her calendar if he has designated days for you, and get you into a predictable routine.

I'm not saying STALK, or OBSESS, but use technology and your DJ fame to your advantage...

Right now, she's getting FREE MUSIC and MIXES from you, and could be hittin' off the next dude to the BPM's you put together for HER......

And vice versa....

i see what you all are saying! but tbh, she aint like that! she aint like most girl who want all the attention, the reason i like her is because she aint like them girls who are COMPLETE hoes! This girl, she cant even date till she 18, same for me. She still has friends who are guys and but mostly, i KNOW for a fact that im like the only who she texts but then she has her girl friends that she texts im sure a lot! And im a nice guy and she shes a really nice girl that ive known for over a year and i know for a 100% complete FACT that she aint like all those girls! I know how she is and i know what im doing!
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:24 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Never wait on a bitch and never let yourself be a 2nd choice.

LMAO! @ Bezzle regifting the advice WE GAVE HIM many moons ago...

Classic....

Im man enough to admit it was good advice. Thats why i followed it and never looked back lol.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:28 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:

i see what you all are saying! but tbh, she aint like that! she aint like most girl who want all the attention, the reason i like her is because she aint like them girls who are COMPLETE hoes!

Bruh bruh, you dont even know...

Quote:

This girl, she cant even date till she 18, same for me.

Yet she dated you already, see, she dosent play by the rules

Quote:

She still has friends who are guys and but mostly, i KNOW for a fact that im like the only who she texts but then she has her girl friends that she texts im sure a lot!

bruh....bruhh bruhh ....BRUH

Quote:

And im a nice guy and she shes a really nice girl that ive known for over a year and i know for a 100% complete FACT that she aint like all those girls! I know how she is and i know what im doing!

And you know this how? Cause she wont sleep with YOU?
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:40 PM - 18 January, 2016
Here you go Kidx, this sums up the situation
i615.photobucket.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:09 AM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
i see what you all are saying! but tbh, she aint like that! she aint like most girl who want all the attention, the reason i like her is because she aint like them girls who are COMPLETE hoes! This girl, she cant even date till she 18, same for me. She still has friends who are guys and but mostly, i KNOW for a fact that im like the only who she texts but then she has her girl friends that she texts im sure a lot! And im a nice guy and she shes a really nice girl that ive known for over a year and i know for a 100% complete FACT that she aint like all those girls! I know how she is and i know what im doing!

Listen, all that is COOL and all, but there ISN'T a reason why y'all can't start dating NOW, and still go to the prom.

Trust me when I tell you, I've had chicks that normally acted and looked like straight bookworms or librarians, turn out to be stone cold freaks behind closed doors.

All it takes is the right person to present themselves at the right time if the circumstances allow....

One day, you will reflect back and say, "YO, those dudes on that Serato board where absolutely right about this...."

WOTCH.
nathans1 1:34 AM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kid, I am not saying you have to sleep with her. If she isn't like that and you aren't either then hats off to the both of you. But one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. The two of you can remain virgins and still go out. All I am saying is its foolish for you to wait a year for het to go to one event with you. Anyways good luck.

And vice versa....

nathans1 1:35 AM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kid, I am not saying you have to sleep with her. If she isn't like that and you aren't either then hats off to the both of you. But one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. The two of you can remain virgins and still go out. All I am saying is its foolish for you to wait a year for het to go to one event with you. Anyways good luck.

And vice versa....

Dj-M.Bezzle 2:03 AM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And vice versa....

Another thing to keep in mind. Lets pretend we live in a world where she ISNT like that. EVERY girl that ISN'T like that gets LIKE THAT after they get out the house and grow up a bit, so at your age you have 3 options:

1)your current path of waiting until she realises she love you, durring which time shell bang the whole crew while you wait and she wont be with you

2) she dates you...then dips to go be wild and explore

3) she dosent leave you...but is wild and explores on the side.

Now what you NEED to do is man up, realise your a dj and djs bag bitches, BAG BITCHES, be wild and explore without her and MABYE you guys will bump into each other waaaayy down the road after gaining knowlege of the world.

For now....fuck bitches
DJ KidX 2:12 AM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And vice versa....

Thanks! i will keep you all posted! as for you Bezzle! imma prove you wrong! trust, i know how she is like i said before she hates, like HATES all that stupid shit that guys and girls do! she may go out an explore, but she trusts me enough to steer her away from that and i trust she will do that same for me! she liked me in the past because im not like that at all... i respect girls, i may be a DJ but that doesnt give me a right to disrespect a girl! Her parents drink like crazy, they get drunk... she HATES beer, HATES wine, HATES ALLL alcohol! so i believe i dont have to worry bout her! as for me.... i have already promised her that i will not get drunk around her or probably ever get drunk! so, i think i picked a good one!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:21 PM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Another thing to keep in mind. Lets pretend we live in a world where she ISNT like that. EVERY girl that ISN'T like that gets LIKE THAT after they get out the house and grow up a bit, so at your age you have 3 options:

1)your current path of waiting until she realises she love you, durring which time shell bang the whole crew while you wait and she wont be with you

lol, spoken like a truly jaded dude you are....lmao.

Man, Ms. Bezzle made you the KANG of the "He-Man's Woman Hater's Club"....

smh...

Quote:
Now what you NEED to do is man up,

lol, there were a lot of hurt feelings on here the last time I told someone to do that....lol.

Quote:
For now....fuck bitches

Yep, that jadedness is shining brightly.....lol.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:23 PM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks! i will keep you all posted! as for you Bezzle! imma prove you wrong! trust, i know how she is like i said before she hates, like HATES all that stupid shit that guys and girls do! she may go out an explore, but she trusts me enough to steer her away from that and i trust she will do that same for me! she liked me in the past because im not like that at all... i respect girls, i may be a DJ but that doesnt give me a right to disrespect a girl! Her parents drink like crazy, they get drunk... she HATES beer, HATES wine, HATES ALLL alcohol! so i believe i dont have to worry bout her! as for me.... i have already promised her that i will not get drunk around her or probably ever get drunk! so, i think i picked a good one!

This is thoroughly entertaining....

I suggest you print this out, and in a few years, revisit it, and see if it still rings true...

Good Luck....but I'm saying....
DJ KidX 11:57 PM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I suggest you print this out, and in a few years, revisit it, and see if it still rings true...

y'all dont know her like i do!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:20 AM - 20 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

lol, spoken like a truly jaded dude you are....lmao.

Man, Ms. Bezzle made you the KANG of the "He-Man's Woman Hater's Club"....

smh...

Quote:
Now what you NEED to do is man up,

lol, there were a lot of hurt feelings on here the last time I told someone to do that....lol.

Quote:
For now....fuck bitches

Yep, that jadedness is shining brightly.....lol.

Yet all of this is the exact same advice your givng him....wonder what that means lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:21 AM - 20 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

man you got some life lessons ahead of you lol
eugguy 6:11 AM - 20 January, 2016
I feel stupider from reading this.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:31 PM - 20 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol, yes "we" do...

You'll see...

But good luck!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:32 PM - 20 January, 2016
Quote:
Yet all of this is the exact same advice your givng him....wonder what that means lol

That you're a biter?

lmao.
DJ Elvis Lee 3:23 AM - 21 January, 2016
You need to first know what this gig is about. Is this a private party, club, bar? What is it?
DJ Elvis Lee 3:26 AM - 21 January, 2016
Why am I getting involved in this? I thought it was about dj,

Later
Gio Alex 2:25 PM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
I feel stupider from reading this.

I've avoided reading this thread for that reason. lol
DJ KidX 3:31 PM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:

Later

yeah it was, then they got curious about my personal life! but this is a public party... its a fundraiser for some people in rancho, California and pretty much this will be my first gig, and it will be a non paid gig! sucks I know but I need the experience with crowds! im going to ask my friend for trance, techno, deep house, artists that maybe I can blend in with my EDM stuff! so! but this is my first so im kinda excited and kinda nervous and I need some advice
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:05 PM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Later

yeah it was, then they got curious about my personal life! but this is a public party... its a fundraiser for some people in rancho, California and pretty much this will be my first gig, and it will be a non paid gig! sucks I know but I need the experience with crowds! im going to ask my friend for trance, techno, deep house, artists that maybe I can blend in with my EDM stuff! so! but this is my first so im kinda excited and kinda nervous and I need some advice

Best advice I can give...
do the opposite of everything you just said. Matter of fact after reading this thread do the opposite of what you think is the right thing to do at all times.
DJ KidX 4:33 AM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Later

Best advice I can give...
do the opposite of everything you just said. Matter of fact after reading this thread do the opposite of what you think is the right thing to do at all times.

haha thats a great idea ;) thanks!!!!
DJ Jonasty 8:44 AM - 22 January, 2016
Bezzle is actually right on this one.
DJ KidX 11:47 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:

thats what you think!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:21 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

thats what you think!

You're learning kid....
DJ KidX 4:59 AM - 23 January, 2016
alright
DJ KidX 5:10 AM - 2 February, 2016
hey guys! gig went alright saturday! i was nervous of course! thing is i missed everything i messed up big time and like pretty much didnt do as good as i wanted to! my parents say i did good but im like "no, that wasnt even mixing". I was so nervous that, i didnt even do what i practiced or had in mind for my set! i pretty much just played songs and once the song was almost over i would go into a smooth transition! like what i practiced was real mixing... like i was gonna use a certain amount of this song and then use this other song to blend in the beat and then i'll move it to the next song and drop it was something... like practiced that day and during sound check, i practiced.. but i was so nervous during the gig that i didnt do any of that! it was so bad that my friend who has been a DJ since.. he was young and is now in his 50s and yes he plays the stuff you all mention.. with deep house.. like these artists... "Skibblez, Giacca & Flores" like that type of stuff he played.... but anyway.. he cut my gig 30 min short cause i wasnt mixing.. but next time!
nathans1 5:16 AM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
hey guys! gig went alright saturday! i was nervous of course! thing is i missed everything i messed up big time and like pretty much didnt do as good as i wanted to! my parents say i did good but im like "no, that wasnt even mixing". I was so nervous that, i didnt even do what i practiced or had in mind for my set! i pretty much just played songs and once the song was almost over i would go into a smooth transition! like what i practiced was real mixing... like i was gonna use a certain amount of this song and then use this other song to blend in the beat and then i'll move it to the next song and drop it was something... like practiced that day and during sound check, i practiced.. but i was so nervous during the gig that i didnt do any of that! it was so bad that my friend who has been a DJ since.. he was young and is now in his 50s and yes he plays the stuff you all mention.. with deep house.. like these artists... "Skibblez, Giacca & Flores" like that type of stuff he played.... but anyway.. he cut my gig 30 min short cause i wasnt mixing.. but next time!

Was your girl impressed or is she still sucking the other guys cock?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:14 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
hey guys! gig went alright saturday! i was nervous of course! thing is i missed everything i messed up big time and like pretty much didnt do as good as i wanted to! my parents say i did good but im like "no, that wasnt even mixing". I was so nervous that, i didnt even do what i practiced or had in mind for my set! i pretty much just played songs and once the song was almost over i would go into a smooth transition! like what i practiced was real mixing... like i was gonna use a certain amount of this song and then use this other song to blend in the beat and then i'll move it to the next song and drop it was something... like practiced that day and during sound check, i practiced.. but i was so nervous during the gig that i didnt do any of that!

Ya, your never gonna get that chick like that. What didya learn
Logisticalstyles 6:12 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
he cut my gig 30 min short cause i wasnt mixing..

You DJ so bad...
DJ KidX 8:19 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I already told u they broke up! and I found out that she still likes me so whats up!
DJ KidX 8:20 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
he cut my gig 30 min short cause i wasnt mixing..

You DJ so bad...

im still learning! and it was my first gig!
DJ Jonasty 8:43 PM - 2 February, 2016
Start practicing. As a Dj you only get so many first impressions. No easy way to put it. If you put yourself out there on the stage as a Dj, better show up. Relax its only music.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:38 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I already told u they broke up!

That dosent answer his question
DJ KidX 12:48 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Start practicing. As a Dj you only get so many first impressions. No easy way to put it. If you put yourself out there on the stage as a Dj, better show up. Relax its only music.

Thank you, i think so far thats the best advice ive been given all day!! i will follow up on that! i just need more experience with crowds and DJing in front of people and also i need to improve DJ skills for the next time! thank you!
DJ KidX 12:49 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

yes she was pretty much in love with it all! i win her!
DJ KidX 12:49 AM - 3 February, 2016
she aint going for him again.. i know that for a fact!
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:58 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If she was in love with a mix that got you booted off stage then you need a better class of woman
Just1Fixxx 1:24 AM - 3 February, 2016
My IQ dropped 11 Points just reading this thread.
DJ KidX 1:28 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If she was in love with a mix that got you booted off stage then you need a better class of woman

she doesnt know yet about the good and the bad mixes! she just came to support me! but haha i'll teach her some stuff!
nathans1 1:54 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

she doesnt know yet about the good and the bad mixes! she just came to support me! but haha i'll teach her some stuff!

All kidding aside Kid, hats off to you. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of a group and put your self out there where you can and will be judged. Don't ever look at things in life that don't work out as failures. They are only failures when you don't continue pushing forward and when you don't use them as a learning lesson. So I am curious what you learned. Please be brief with your answer. I cant take another encyclopedia Kidtanica.
DJ KidX 4:34 AM - 3 February, 2016
i learned that even though i may be nervous, i just have to look at it as an accomplishment, like ive gone so far with DJing... from me to come out of my bedroom and into a bigger room with people to see my passion! And also to breathe normally and to just do what i do, which is DJ. I learned that i will alway make mistakes but that those mistakes can be learned from and not never give up no matter how much you mess up! Family and friends are the key to success, without them i probably would have given up DJing a long time ago but because i got a great deal of support from my family i can look at them as a guide to help me move forward!
CMOS 7:35 PM - 3 February, 2016
Ill be the voice of reason here as everyone seems to be saying "good job kid, you got up there!!".

You took a gig you werent ready for and got booted off stage. You said it yourself, you went into panic mode and didnt even mix. That means your mixing skills arent ready to be shown to a crowd. You need to practice more and forget about gigs for a while.

Record your mixes and listen to every one. Even mixes that people tell you are FIRE, you should be able to point out every little mistake that you make in the mix to yourself. No mixtape is perfect if done live.

Be brutally honest with yourself, did you really think you were ready for the gig? Are you able to mix for 2-3 hours without fucking up? Is mixing for a few hours without fucking up fun or stressful to you at this point?

The dude a few posts up said it best, you can only make so many first impressions, make sure its a good one. It only takes a few gigs to go from "Aww yeah He's DJing again" to "ahh crap He's DJing again"
DJ KidX 11:40 PM - 3 February, 2016
i felt like i wasnt ready! i feel like i need a little bit more practice! but yes i totally agree with you! I made an hour mix a while back to see if i could push myself and that was me actually mixing, and i just did that to myself and didnt show anyone to see if i could do it and i messed up many times so shows that i need more practice! i got beat matching down, i got Slam mixing down and harmonic mixing and i havent used sync button in a very long time, i have to use for it... i have a mentor who is teaching me all he knows and hes got friends who are willing to help me out with mixing too (and even scratch with vinyl) so i got the support, i just have lots to learn before i get up in front of a crowd! im hoping before college to have scratching down so i can DJ for college parties!
sumoJr 12:21 AM - 4 February, 2016
is this real?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:04 AM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
is this real?

sadly yes
DJ KidX 4:14 AM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
is this real?

sadly yes

lol im actually quit entertained by how your reactions are to my story lol like its just funny! But i guess thats just serato forums... nothing but funny! like im laughing really hard right now! thank you bezzle for making my day!!!
nathans1 5:38 AM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Ill be the voice of reason here as everyone seems to be saying "good job kid, you got up there!!".

You took a gig you werent ready for and got booted off stage. You said it yourself, you went into panic mode and didnt even mix. That means your mixing skills arent ready to be shown to a crowd. You need to practice more and forget about gigs for a while.

Record your mixes and listen to every one. Even mixes that people tell you are FIRE, you should be able to point out every little mistake that you make in the mix to yourself. No mixtape is perfect if done live.

Be brutally honest with yourself, did you really think you were ready for the gig? Are you able to mix for 2-3 hours without fucking up? Is mixing for a few hours without fucking up fun or stressful to you at this point?

The dude a few posts up said it best, you can only make so many first impressions, make sure its a good one. It only takes a few gigs to go from "Aww yeah He's DJing again" to "ahh crap He's DJing again"

Voice of reason? Really? The kid djs one house party and hes not ready and you think the voice of reason is to tell him that he will only get a FEW more opportunities like this and then its over. That's retarded! Sure he needs to practice for MUCH MUCH LONGER, but I doubt that if he blows a few more house parties his DJ career is over. That's actually funny!! By the way he can make a first impression every time he meets someone new. Different counties, cities, states, countries. Yeah I highly doubt hes about to fuck things up for himself anytime soon.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:20 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Voice of reason? Really? The kid djs one house party and hes not ready and you think the voice of reason is to tell him that he will only get a FEW more opportunities like this and then its over. That's retarded! Sure he needs to practice for MUCH MUCH LONGER, but I doubt that if he blows a few more house parties his DJ career is over. That's actually funny!! By the way he can make a first impression every time he meets someone new. Different counties, cities, states, countries. Yeah I highly doubt hes about to fuck things up for himself anytime soon.

I very much disagree. First off it wasnt a house party, it was an actual gig. Secondly, depending on where he lives, word can get around fast depending on who was at the party. Customers def talk and im sure theyre not gonna recommend the guy who got pulled off stage for not mixing. And if there were any movers and shakers in the nightlife community there then word will DEF get around. I know if i was watching a dj somewhere and he pulled this I wouldn't book him at any shows and id be sure all my promoter/dj friends knew about it as well. I know ALLLOT of guys here locally who are drooling to get a shot who I know NEVER will under the current guard for shit like this.
nathans1 5:56 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know ALLLOT of guys here locally

Exactly! Locally. So the kid is stuck there for ever? He takes the time to practice and improve and in a couple of years tries to make a go of this and his one or maybe even more bad performances will follow him EVERYWHERE he goes. He wouldn't be able to share his new and improved "NO EDM" house mixes on soundcloud and say " hey take a listen". Maybe that's the case in a podunk Alabama town but your argument is ridiculous elsewhere, especially if he actually improves drastically. Sorry Kid, no second chances here. I don't think so.
DJ KidX 11:26 PM - 4 February, 2016
hm, it actually was a house party! the name of the gig was "A night of house". if you look on my facebook you can see the flyer that was passed out to people! And the number of people that came was like, roughly 30 people, including my family! And this one family that came to the party, the dad ended up giving my a compliment like "you did good up there". I mean i knew i made mistakes but hey, it was nice to get a compliment for someone! So yeah i just need to practice more at where im the weakest, mixing and crowds! i think my weakest out of them all, is crowds, cause thats when i start falling apart! oh and i live in California. Inland empire area (corona to exact)
d:raf 12:02 AM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
I very much disagree. First off it wasnt a house party, it was an actual gig.

Quote:
hm, it actually was a house party! the name of the gig was "A night of house".

lolz

House party = a party at someone's house/apartment/private residence.

House MUSIC party = a party featuring house music.
DJ KidX 12:20 AM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I very much disagree. First off it wasnt a house party, it was an actual gig.

Quote:
hm, it actually was a house party! the name of the gig was "A night of house".

lolz

House party = a party at someone's house/apartment/private residence.

House MUSIC party = a party featuring house music.

ohhhhh ok ok! sorry! i thought house party was a party that played house music... ok ok my bad!! now i know!! :)
DJ KidX 12:20 AM - 5 February, 2016
lol im still learning the names and all!! i'll get there though!!
nathans1 1:34 AM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
lol im still learning the names and all!! i'll get there though!!

Your career as a dj is over kid. Get lost. haha.
DJ KidX 1:59 AM - 5 February, 2016
haha funny!! your to funny!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:42 PM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly! Locally. So the kid is stuck there for ever? He takes the time to practice and improve and in a couple of years tries to make a go of this and his one or maybe even more bad performances will follow him EVERYWHERE he goes. He wouldn't be able to share his new and improved "NO EDM" house mixes on soundcloud and say " hey take a listen". Maybe that's the case in a podunk Alabama town but your argument is ridiculous elsewhere, especially if he actually improves drastically. Sorry Kid, no second chances here. I don't think so.

Because word of mouth only travels in Alabama or because California promoters/venues have 0 problem booking shit talent?
nathans1 4:04 PM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because word of mouth only travels in Alabama or because California promoters/venues have 0 problem booking shit talent?

Because failing your fifth grade spelling test does not equal all colleges & universities closing their doors on you. This is stupid vinny. It's not like he's a huge dj/producer like Hardwell and we just found out he doesn't even know how to mix. Oh wait maybe he can have a career and suck at djing.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:06 PM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because failing your fifth grade spelling test does not equal all colleges & universities closing their doors on you. This is stupid vinny.

Actually if you cant spell at a 5th grade level, college is going to be difficult to get into
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:13 PM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
This is stupid vinny.

LMAO!...

Quote of the Year so far!
nathans1 4:18 PM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because failing your fifth grade spelling test does not equal all colleges & universities closing their doors on you. This is stupid vinny.

Actually if you cant spell at a 5th grade level, college is going to be difficult to get into

And that's why eye become a dj.
DJ KidX 4:08 PM - 11 February, 2016
can u guys help me out? its for a research project!!! If you were a educated professional (like high schooling or what ever) what would be your thoughts about DJs?
DJ KidX 4:09 PM - 11 February, 2016
like DJs in general, like ALL DJs
nathans1 4:47 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
can u guys help me out? If you were a educated professional

Sure. If you ARE AN educated professional.
d:raf 5:10 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
can u guys help me out? its for a research project!!! If you were a educated professional (like high schooling or what ever) what would be your thoughts about DJs?

Is asking DJ's what they think about DJ's a good way to flesh out a research survey?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:46 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
can u guys help me out? its for a research project!!! If you were a educated professional

You do realise most of the guys on this forum ARE educated professionals...right