Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Seeking Help.. Decks not Appearing in Serato DJ

Tea B 10:59 PM - 8 January, 2016
I just recently installed the latest version of Serato DJ from the website on a new laptop running Windows 10. I am using DDJ-SX and everything is connected correctly. Basically what happens is when I open up Serato Dj, the Decks quickly appear then disappear and nothing works on the tables... not sure what is going on. Can anyone help?
Davideon 9:26 AM - 10 January, 2016
Sounds like a connection issue. Try a new cable and different USB port to try and locate the issue
Tommy Deem 10:12 AM - 10 January, 2016
Fresh install of SDJ.
Tea B 4:49 PM - 10 January, 2016
Much obliged,

Sooooooo....... I just updated the drivers and that didn't solve it 8(

I was actually just about reinstall right meow to see if that helps. I haven't thought about on used another cable yet.. maaan I remember seeing another one too somewhere before I moved xD

Thanks guys. if you could Please come back.. to see if this solves the problem. I will post either way.

My girls birthday party is this coming up weekend and I JUST got a new new lappy and I haven't used my babies in quiet sometime and really wanted to melt some faces ^.^ xD
Tea B 6:10 PM - 10 January, 2016
So I found another cable and reinstalled.. nothing helped.. it still glitches and disapears 8[
Tea B 6:28 PM - 10 January, 2016
Hi guys, so I made a little 20sec video of the issue.. everything is running up to date on Win10.. and this happens 8(

Never had a problem using this with my Mac in the past.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:40 PM - 10 January, 2016
Hey guys,

I'd recommend trying all the options in this guide that are relevant: support.serato.com

If you still run into issues, i'd contact our support team who can help further: support.serato.com

Sam.
Tea B 8:48 PM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'd recommend trying all the options in this guide that are relevant: support.serato.com

If you still run into issues, i'd contact our support team who can help further: support.serato.com

Sam.

I have already gotten an email of this exact responce and tried everything 8(
nothing has worked and here are my pc spec..

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name WINDOWS-GMR0ICH
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Latitude E5550
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Latitude E5550
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2594 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 1/5/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.46 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.15 GB
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:41 PM - 10 January, 2016
Have you got a help ticket reference with your open ticket with our support team? If so, i'll chase that up.

If not, i'd recommend opening one so we can help you here: support.serato.com

sam.
Tea B 10:04 PM - 10 January, 2016
Thanks I do (#150763)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:23 PM - 10 January, 2016
Thanks, i've given Luke a heads up that you're waiting for more help.

Sam.
Tea B 10:27 PM - 10 January, 2016
Thank you 8]
djamer 11:52 AM - 11 January, 2016
i had the same issue w/ my denon mc6000mk2 at a gig two weeks.
I also have a win 10 machine.
I had to re-install the usb drivers > reboot my laptop > restart SDJ > then controller decks were recognized. Not sure if it's the same issue w/ you, but that did the trick for me.
ninjagaijin 8:41 PM - 16 January, 2016
Same issue for me. 'Failed to connect audio' it says after the decks disappear.
ninjagaijin 10:12 PM - 16 January, 2016
Changing Rane control panel setting for latency + USB/Audio helped for a minute. Restart program and issue persists. Fixed a couple of times with control panel. Now it won't work at all.

Seems to be a temp file issue too maybe. I'll try clearing everything, although ccleaner didn't help.

Although SSL always works and I have a dual boot, so it's not a user/temp issue. I mean, apart from being an *SDJ* issue.
Tea B 5:55 PM - 18 January, 2016
Hi guys! i got it to work!! from an email thanks all 8]
TC Salvation 9:05 AM - 28 January, 2016
I have the same issue on my new back up laptop! Can I have that email as well please?
TC Salvation 11:53 AM - 28 January, 2016
Scratch the above, sorted.
Read up about optimizing Serato for windows 10.
My route to solving this issue {couldn't test this method on my SR as it is left at venue)
Tested on DDJ - S1
1. Reinstall usb drivers- made no difference
2. Reinstall serato- made no difference
3. Update firmware drivers on the s1(plugged in) and usb drivers (unplug s1 for this) on laptop- RESULT, decks now appear but no audio.
4. Since the advice from the serato windows 10 optimisation guide said to set disable usb power management, i guessed that the s1 one was running from usb power only even with the power supply plugged in. I reset the management t windows and VOILA! all working perfectly.

Which leads me to believe that some Windows laptops just haven't got the usb power to work with unpowered hardware. Hence the decks flash up then turn off when i use my new laptop with the DDJ SR.
DJRossBoss 7:58 PM - 18 December, 2017
I had a similar problem with my Denon MCX8000 on Windows 10. Thanks to TC Salvation's post I got it working. I re-installed the USB drivers. Here is what I did - which might help some others:

Make sure the controller is NOT connected to the laptop.
Make sure Serato DJ is NOT running while installing the USB Drivers.
Re-install (or install if you have not done so) the USB drivers from the bottom of this page - www.denondj.com - if you already installed the USB drivers choose the "Repair" option when the setup screen opens.
The USB setup might need to close some other process or service so that is okay.

After setup is complete restart your computer. Hope this helps.
djbluv 5:41 PM - 3 February, 2018
I just recently installed the latest version of Serato DJ from the website on a new laptop running high sierra. I am using DDJ-SX and everything is connected correctly. Basically what happens is when I open up Serato Dj, the Decks quickly appear then disappear and nothing works on the tables... not sure what is going on. Can anyone help?
JAMMO 11:38 AM - 15 February, 2018
i have same problem as above controller worked fine on previous laptop got new one downloaded serato and the ddjsx driver for windows as thats what im running. when i plug them in it flashes 4 then goes back to 1 deck, no buttons on controller work but on the side tab (my serato) it says its conected to ddjsx
Sony311 5:51 PM - 17 February, 2018
It would help if you tell us what your computer specs are as well.

But in any case try this:

1. Turn on computer
2. Turn on ddj sx
3. Wait for the boot up of the controller to finish
4. Open up Serato

If it still fails after, try a different USB CABLE or plug the ddj sx into a different outlet.

Quote:
I just recently installed the latest version of Serato DJ from the website on a new laptop running high sierra. I am using DDJ-SX and everything is connected correctly. Basically what happens is when I open up Serato Dj, the Decks quickly appear then disappear and nothing works on the tables... not sure what is going on. Can anyone help?
DjSyndic8 3:19 AM - 19 February, 2018
Quote:
It would help if you tell us what your computer specs are as well.

But in any case try this:

1. Turn on computer
2. Turn on ddj sx
3. Wait for the boot up of the controller to finish
4. Open up Serato

If it still fails after, try a different USB CABLE or plug the ddj sx into a different outlet.

Quote:

i think hes probably got it sorted or hes retired from djing cause the post was from 2016 lol