Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

How to play .m4p files??

malibubass 4:14 AM - 27 December, 2015
I am having problems playing .m4p files on windows 10. Serato will play m4a files but not m4p files. The files will play from ITunes but don't even show up in the serato library. I have tried deleting quick time and serato and reloading multiple times but can't figure it out. Anyone know how to resolve this??
Serato, Support
Jordan L 4:02 AM - 12 January, 2016
Hi there,

You can find a list of the supported file types at the link below. Any other formats you'll have to use a third party app to convert them into supported file types.

support.serato.com

Cheers.
Karolina Miller 3:45 AM - 8 October, 2016
The .m4p files downloaded from Apple Music comes with DRM protection which means you are limited to play the songs on your own device. If you want to play and edit .m4p files with serato, you need to remove the DRM and convert it to other audio formats that supported by serato like MP3, AAC, etc. Find the detailed steps about how to convert .m4p files: www.convertanymusic.com
Christcena 3:53 AM - 18 December, 2017
Quote:
The .m4p files downloaded from Apple Music comes with DRM protection which means you are limited to play the songs on your own device. If you want to play and edit .m4p files with Serato, you need to remove the DRM and convert it to other audio formats that supported by Serato like MP3, AAC, etc.
Find the detailed steps about how to convert .m4p files: www.tunefab.com
Maybe you need a converter to help you out of this problem.
Or you can watch these videos for more info:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 8:27 PM - 19 December, 2017
I think you mean mp4 files? Which are videos🤔
Debarun Sengupta 5:35 AM - 24 December, 2017
Hi. I've serato DJ intro version 1.3.0 installed on my laptop. I'm unable to play any audio format. Please advise.
Debarun Sengupta 8:21 AM - 25 August, 2018
Thanks Annie. I have purchased TuneFab Apple Music convertor. I can now convert i-tunes into MP3 format. Problem solved! Will be in touch if I need to know anything.
saturday 11:16 PM - 23 February, 2019
among this audio format, which one is the best
DjSyndic8 12:54 AM - 4 March, 2019
Windows is shite you have to install a codec pac that includes .mp4 codecs for you to playback mp4 files a good one is CCCP codec pack google it.
4:53 AM, 3 Jul 2019
Discussion locked by Michael R