Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Alphabetizing Crates

SpinnerRoony 7:10 AM - 26 December, 2015
I'm not sure why I Serato doesn't have this feature, or maybe why I can't find it but how exactly can I alphabetize all my main creates within Serato DJ?

...or is there a way to even do this?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 4:08 AM - 12 January, 2016
Hi there,

Crates can only be organised in the order you drag them in, there is no fields or option to organise your crates by a set rule like you can with songs.

Cheers :>
SpinnerRoony 3:03 AM - 20 January, 2016
Ahhh there should be but o well. : (
DJMIYAGI 5:30 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
@SpinnerRoony, theres a work around to alphabetise your crates, go to the _Serato_ folder, find the neworder.pref file and drag it to your desk top. Reopen Serato and your crates should be in alphabetical order.

I just tried this on 1.9.3 and it loads the crates alphabetically at first but only for a second. Then they revert back to the order they were added.
DJMIYAGI 5:38 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
@SpinnerRoony, theres a work around to alphabetise your crates, go to the _Serato_ folder, find the neworder.pref file and drag it to your desk top. Reopen Serato and your crates should be in alphabetical order.

I just tried this on 1.9.3 and it loads the crates alphabetically at first but only for a second. Then they revert back to the order they were added.

Never mind. I figured it out. Running 2 internal hard drives and needed to move a second copy of the file.