Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.8.1 really solid release

Despo 4:34 PM - 20 December, 2015
As the title says, I'll be the first to say it. 1.8.1 has been a solid release for me, tested it this whole week. For some reason I can now run SDJ on 1 ms audio buffer instead of 2 ms, pitch and time stopped causing audio glitches for me, and I sometimes had crashes with 1.8 when I toggled a lot of options in setup on and off and mapped midi controllers, no crashes with 1.8.1 yet.

Also was the sticker lock needle drop sensitivity adjusted? It seems more sensitive now, which is good. It would be best though to give us a slider for needle drop sensitivity adjustments just like we have a slider for timecode noise threshold.
DJ Tecniq 10:12 PM - 20 December, 2015
I would like to say the same but for some reason with 1.8.1 when I load tracks it doesn't load them from first cue point or from start. Sometimes the tracks begin in the middle or in some random part of the song. However previous versions were not doing this. It seems really solid but for that one problem I won't be using it.
Despo 11:30 PM - 20 December, 2015
that's really weird, SDJ loads the tracks just fine for me!

Make sure play from first cue point is enabled.

Go to setup -> DJ Preferences and make sure the box "play from first cue point" is ticked

if that doesn't help then something really weird might be going on with your serato, you might also want to try enabling sticker lock.
DJ Tecniq 11:39 PM - 20 December, 2015
Quote:
that's really weird, SDJ loads the tracks just fine for me!

Make sure play from first cue point is enabled.

Go to setup -> DJ Preferences and make sure the box "play from first cue point" is ticked

if that doesn't help then something really weird might be going on with your serato, you might also want to try enabling sticker lock.
I have sticker log enabled and play from start and first cue checked. I noticed it is with songs that do not have a cue point it seems however they should play from the start of the waveform but they do not i can't "drop" tracks this way cause when the song loads it loads the song too far in. It is very odd but previous versions are not doing this.
DJ Tecniq 11:40 PM - 20 December, 2015
And it's very random I went through a whole crate of songs and loaded them to test and certain songs did not play from the start that didn't have a cue point. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen for some strange reason.
Despo 11:42 PM - 20 December, 2015
did you try ticking the box play from start then?
DJ Tecniq 11:44 PM - 20 December, 2015
Quote:
did you try ticking the box play from start then?
Yes i told you it was checked already.
Despo 11:52 PM - 20 December, 2015
weird, i just tested it and when the box "play from start" is not ticked it will behave the way you reported on a track without cue points. It bscly loads the song without a cue point to the position the last track left off, so it's not completely random but I get your gist.

When i do have it ticked it works just fine for me, loads the track exactly to the start point.
DJ Tecniq 12:49 AM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
weird, i just tested it and when the box "play from start" is not ticked it will behave the way you reported on a track without cue points. It bscly loads the song without a cue point to the position the last track left off, so it's not completely random but I get your gist.

When i do have it ticked it works just fine for me, loads the track exactly to the start point.
The problem I'm having is opposite. I have play from start checked still but songs without a cue point do not play from the start. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't it has to be a bug or something.
Despo 12:57 AM - 21 December, 2015
would be cool if others or someone from serato could chime in on this, for me it works flawlessly, maybe you just had some bad luck and got some weird bug :/

I guess for now the workaround is just setting the first cue point everytime you load tracks. All the tracks i play regularly have that first cue point so even if I had the bug it would not be a big issue for me.
DJ Tecniq 1:00 AM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
would be cool if others or someone from serato could chime in on this, for me it works flawlessly, maybe you just had some bad luck and got some weird bug :/

I guess for now the workaround is just setting the first cue point everytime you load tracks. All the tracks i play regularly have that first cue point so even if I had the bug it would not be a big issue for me.
I completely reinstalled the latest version and I'm gonna do further testing. I just discontinued use of it cause I can't dj like that. I mix songs fast and drop tracks over acapellas, blending..and such and I can't have songs starting in a random spot.
Futuretek 4:01 AM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
As the title says, I'll be the first to say it. 1.8.1 has been a solid release for me, tested it this whole week. For some reason I can now run SDJ on 1 ms audio buffer instead of 2 ms, pitch and time stopped causing audio glitches for me, and I sometimes had crashes with 1.8 when I toggled a lot of options in setup on and off and mapped midi controllers, no crashes with 1.8.1 yet.

Also was the sticker lock needle drop sensitivity adjusted? It seems more sensitive now, which is good. It would be best though to give us a slider for needle drop sensitivity adjustments just like we have a slider for timecode noise threshold.

I agree, Great release so far. I too have turned down my buffer!
Frankie Glasses 7:37 PM - 21 December, 2015
I have the same issue as Tecniq regarding random start even with cue points. No a deal breaker for me though.
Mr. Goodkat 8:43 PM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I have sticker log enabled and play from start and first cue checked. I noticed it is with songs that do not have a cue point

isnt it weird you ticked start from first cue and it doesnt work without cue points. jfc tecniq
DJ Tecniq 10:07 PM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have sticker log enabled and play from start and first cue checked. I noticed it is with songs that do not have a cue point

isnt it weird you ticked start from first cue and it doesnt work without cue points. jfc tecniq
Yes have never seen Serato act this way ever so I consider the latest release not useful for me. I have it checked. What is interesting without my Rane box hooked up everything works fine and songs w/o cue point play from start. When it's connected it behaves completely different👎🏻👎🏻 two thumbs down
Dj Owe 7:26 AM - 23 December, 2015
It also starts up in abs mode randomly sometimes.

And some nights after spinning on a sl4 at the club i notice the dj after me can not use his sp6 player.

I also have the same problem with the random play in the middle of the song.

This release is very stable and i use 1ms latency with pitch n time as well