Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

User Experiences With DDJ SX2 and DVS mode with Turntables?

Barry White 7:04 PM - 8 December, 2015
Hey guys i mainly have been using a DDJ SX for a while (and a DDJ SB2 while my left platter has been giving issues on the SX) and i am looking
to lean towards traditional turntables in my setup. i have not used them enough but i definitely want to get into it. Now of course money is always an issue, but i would also like an all around solution etc. I see that the DDJ SX2 has dvs support so i wanted to know peoples experience with scratching/space etc with using the DDJ SX2 and a pair of turntables. Or if anyone would suggest i go the Akai AMX and AFX route and perhaps Reloop RP-8000s (since they have trigger pads which i'm pretty much used to and require in some capacity)
Boot Leg 12:39 AM - 9 December, 2015
I have the same setup as you. 1 DDJ SX2 and 2 turntables. I haven't purchased the DVS expansion yet either.

I am using Line 1 as the Phono IN/THRU and using it as a source input for scratch records (no time code vinyl) and putting instrumentals on decks 3-4.

I'm curious too, to see how DVS works on this setup.
Barry White 6:27 AM - 9 December, 2015
Quote:
I have the same setup as you. 1 DDJ SX2 and 2 turntables. I haven't purchased the DVS expansion yet either.

I am using Line 1 as the Phono IN/THRU and using it as a source input for scratch records (no time code vinyl) and putting instrumentals on decks 3-4.

I'm curious too, to see how DVS works on this setup.

while we await responses lol. what turntables do you have?
beisi 11:27 AM - 9 December, 2015
had an SX2 with DVS/TTs for a while
I had a problems with the controller reading the timecode (seemingly power/grounding related) screwing up the scope, little staticy pops, I couldn't figure out a way around it so I gave up on the DVS concept with the SX2. Ended up returning it and getting an NS72 (now NS73).

Also I was a bit disappointed with the way the sync worked with it
Was hoping to be able to keep deck AB smart synced and scratch with deck c or d (also playing an mp3 via SDJ)... goal to play/scratch an acapella or scratch sentance on top of two synced decks.
I didn't realize that once the DVS plugin is enabled smart sync is disabled. Only option is tempo sync/manual pitch correction. My TTs have too much pitch/wow/flutter and it just felt like to much effort for no gain to be having to ride the pitch so much.

Of course YMMV and if I didn't have these issues I mighta stuck with a bit longer.
IMO if you have well maintained TTs and you are planning to mix without sync then its prob still a nice option.