Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Dj losing control signal

jancco 10:14 PM - 30 November, 2015
Hey guys,
Strange things started to happen in my Serato Dj. I flipped over from SSL to DJ, (ssl worked like an angel) and after half hour I started to lose signal on my left deck and there is no chance to play from it. The scope looks good, there is a circle. I tried to change the needle, tried 3 brand new needles, even switched for another turntable but no good.
But when i go back to SSL everything works great. Any ideas what could it be ?

Im using Serato SL2 box with Mac pro 2.4 inter core 2 duo, 8gb ram, OS x 10.8.5
DJ Tecniq 1:18 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,
Strange things started to happen in my Serato Dj. I flipped over from SSL to DJ, (ssl worked like an angel) and after half hour I started to lose signal on my left deck and there is no chance to play from it. The scope looks good, there is a circle. I tried to change the needle, tried 3 brand new needles, even switched for another turntable but no good.
But when i go back to SSL everything works great. Any ideas what could it be ?

Im using Serato SL2 box with Mac pro 2.4 inter core 2 duo, 8gb ram, OS x 10.8.5
Upgrading your mac to yosemite may help. That's strange though.
pdidy 8:17 AM - 1 December, 2015
Try calibrating.
pdidy 8:35 AM - 1 December, 2015
This issue is also typical with Bad Vinyl, have you tried switching or flipping over ?
jancco 10:17 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
This issue is also typical with Bad Vinyl, have you tried switching or flipping over ?

yeah a flipped over to B side which is almost bran new, im using the A side whole life
pdidy 11:00 AM - 1 December, 2015
Just noticed you did not mention the version of serato DJ that you're using, that is important because 1.8 is not supported on your laptop......
jancco 11:03 AM - 1 December, 2015
yeah im using 1.8.0, how come its not supported ?
pdidy 11:36 AM - 1 December, 2015
serato dj system requirements serato.com

Quote:
yeah im using 1.8.0, how come its not supported

That will be a question best answered by Serato support but my educated assumption is 1.8 system requirements have increased significantly which would require additional system resources. And as we already know serato DJ is resource intensive so the day May have finally come were older machines with the weaker core 2 duo processors are no longer viable for the advancement of serato DJ.

Unfortunately Serato does not allow me into their top secret meetings so what do I know :)
jancco 12:08 PM - 1 December, 2015
you have a point there, one of my dj friends told me the same thing, that the core 2 duo is no longer supported, Ive looked for the SDJ requirements and found out that only i3, i5 and i7 are supported, so maybe the time has come to buy a new laptop
DJ Tecniq 3:07 PM - 1 December, 2015
OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion is pretty much ancient. Why not upgrade?
jancco 3:15 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:

Yeah I know its like a dinosaur :D but I learned from mistakes of my dj friends when upgrading so i left it on mountain lion since everything works fine, stable and i can rely on it :)
pdidy 5:45 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:

For what ? there's actually no benefit to him upgrading in the situation.
DJ Tecniq 9:03 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

For what ? there's actually no benefit to him upgrading in the situation.
My bad I didn't think 10.8 was supported but apparently it is. Try a diff version of sdj and see how it goes. Could always try the 1.8.1 beta.