Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Hold on slicer

Nephew#1 2:55 PM - 29 November, 2015
Is there an option to hold on a slicer button if i push one button on the pads while music is playing like a loop?

for example hold one piece of music like a loop = slicer button +shift.(hands free)
second option can be one long push for example 5 seconds on a slicer button to hold on a piece of music like in a loop.Push again to go on with the track you are playing

With this option you can get your hands of the pads while music is loopin in one of the slicer buttons in slicer mode.

This option wil be great in the next serato dj upgrade
akakak 9:01 AM - 30 November, 2015
Hold as a feature is not bad. Maybe shift + button to hold, quick press of the button to uphold. This could work well for rolls too.
akakak 9:02 AM - 30 November, 2015
Uphold? Unhold. Autocorrect, sorry.
Cwite 4:53 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
This could work well for rolls too.

Just as a note for you. I have managed to get something like this working using midi mapping. SZ controller

In Roll loop mode, i use shift + pad to create auto loops. The bonus is if you hit a roll loop, whilst holding the pad press and hold shift, whilst still holding shift release the pad and the roll becomes a propper loop.

The down side is that the pads value doesn't change with roll loops value if you change the pad range.

Ive wanted pad based loops for a while. This is my way around it.
akakak 4:55 PM - 1 December, 2015
Nice tip
Nephew#1 8:27 PM - 27 December, 2015
it looks like it's works sometime

If i first push slicer function, than i push one of the pads first, than i hold the pad,push and hold shift for a couple of seconds.

sometimes it works,sometimes not, i don't know why but it wil be a amazing option if serato wil do this feature option.
Nephew#1 7:17 AM - 16 April, 2017
Reminder SERATO....thank you