Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SX Major Issues

jasonfubar 4:56 PM - 28 November, 2015
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for some help before i go insane !!

I have a DDJ-SX running through Serato DJ, I've updated to the latest version and even upgraded the firmware in my DDJ.

The issues I'm having having are very severe and causing me major problems at my gigs.
I use the DDj fully without an external mixer so straight into the clubs PA and i use the line channels as a back up should anything go wrong, however I've been having issues where to start the track playing on the right hand deck snaps into reverse without me even touching anything (i have the keyboard functions turned off just in case of any accidents)

i know how to quickly change back using shift and reverse, but then without warning the whole unit just powers down and I'm left with nothing, not even able to play the back up as the power has completely gone. Sometimes it tries to power back up but the lights start up in a wave pattern continually as if its trying but can't power up.

Ive also had the issues of the track freezing on the deck but still playing on the screen, with the DDJ completely unresponsive and me needing to remove the USB link and plug back in to solve. I work in places with seriously good Bass so I'm wondering if the vibrations are causing me issues ??

i love the DDJ-SX with Serato, but my patience is wearing thin !! PLEASE HELP !!
Heres a video link to one of the issues: www.facebook.com
SteGx 7:01 PM - 28 November, 2015
Try to reset the unit to the factory settings.
jasonfubar 7:53 PM - 28 November, 2015
and how do you do that ?
SteGx 7:56 PM - 28 November, 2015
Karloff 10:22 AM - 29 November, 2015
people should know now that DDJ series controllers are a waste of money.

they are not build to last. reports that they manifest weird problems.
popnwave 5:40 PM - 29 November, 2015
Quote:

I've had my SX for years and have yet to run into an issue.
SteGx 5:45 PM - 29 November, 2015
Quote:

I've had my SX for years and have yet to run into an issue.
Ariel M 7:15 PM - 29 November, 2015
I got mine since its first release (1st batch) and is in the tip top shape.

I think it depends on how you use it and how you took care of it.
Karloff 2:16 PM - 30 November, 2015
if you are just simply mixing a transition with cue/start, up and cross fader maybe there will be no issues. but when your using pads/effect and scratching simultaneously i dont think so.
popnwave 2:22 PM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
if you are just simply mixing a transition with cue/start, up and cross fader maybe there will be no issues. but when your using pads/effect and scratching simultaneously i dont think so.

I use my pads a ton! Along with FX when needed... hell I beat the crap out of my pads especially when I get a few drinks in me. Still no issues.

Now if you're talking about scratching and juggling constantly to the point I rip my cross fader off, that's just a matter of abuse. You can't expect a ~$1000 all in one controller to take the abuse that a $1500 mixer and 2 $500-1500 stand alone decks do on their own.

That's like buying a Honda Fit and driving it like a Ferrari and wondering why the wheels fall off.
dj NiCk DiCk 9:37 PM - 30 November, 2015
My SX has worked fine and taken tons of abuse since I got it on release (replaced my DDJ-S1 for mobile gigs). Just don't let anything wet on the table beneath it, there isn't much clearance so it can sneak in the bottom of the unit.

OP: You may want to try adjusting your jog wheel sensitivity or turning off the jog wheels entirely to see if it helps with the random reverse. May be the bass vibrations causing backspin. Then again, sounds like this could be some corrosion of the wires inside the unit, since the power is acting so wonky.

Also try to see if you can reproduce at home, plugged directly into the wall once, then try with a power adapter. May want to also consider buying a replacement power adapter for the SX too. Should run about $30 from Pioneer special order website. Get the right part #.
AJ2018 12:56 PM - 26 June, 2018
2018 I'm still battling with this