DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mix Tape/Rane 62

SG SOUNDS 9:03 PM - 27 November, 2015
Never used the bridge before,just recently purchased ableton standard edition got a sweet black friday deal i could not refuse...anyway do the mixtape function work with the rane 62 and the latest version of ssl?
Code:E 10:56 PM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
anyway do the mixtape function work with the rane 62 and the latest version of ssl?

The 62 is was the only new generation mixer that works with SSL. Everything else is SDJ only. Being that it is SSL, yes the bridge with mixtape will work. But I have heard super fast fader tricks (scratching) the bridge doesnt pick up super well.

But this doesnt make mixtape useless. I would do you mix record it. Go into abletop fix anythign you need to, Then go over the whole mix again record your master out to 3rd channel, and add your scratching then.

This will take you a bit of work, but it will work for you.
SG SOUNDS 11:24 PM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
anyway do the mixtape function work with the rane 62 and the latest version of ssl?

The 62 is was the only new generation mixer that works with SSL. Everything else is SDJ only. Being that it is SSL, yes the bridge with mixtape will work. But I have heard super fast fader tricks (scratching) the bridge doesnt pick up super well.

But this doesnt make mixtape useless. I would do you mix record it. Go into abletop fix anythign you need to, Then go over the whole mix again record your master out to 3rd channel, and add your scratching then.

This will take you a bit of work, but it will work for you.

thanks for the info...i dont really scratch much anyway more smooth mixes i want to try in mix tape
Code:E 12:13 AM - 28 November, 2015
It should do the trick juist fine for you then. Please when finished post the mix and maybe a little video on how using mix tape helped you. We want to draw more attention to mixtape so Serato will implement it in Serato DJ.
SG SOUNDS 3:32 AM - 30 November, 2015
So i finally did a mix in ssl 2.5 save it as a alf file and closed ssl...had a hard time locating the file but when i finally did i opened in in ableton 9...now im seeing the tracks and automations in the arrangement view but when i hit play nothing is playing...also there is no color to none of the tracks and im getting a message at the bottom saying missing audio files...is there a specific way to set up the rane 62 when using the mixtape function with ssl 2.5? also after recording your mix in ssl why is the file so hard to find?
SG SOUNDS 3:40 AM - 30 November, 2015
another thing to add i did the recording with my cdj 850's in hid mode and using instant doubles dont know if this was the problem...keep in mind im seeing the tracks and automations when i open the mix in ableton but when i press the play buttom im not hearing nothing
Code:E 7:31 AM - 30 November, 2015
How well do you know ableton? There's a manual online for eth bridge. Red it cover to cover. It will help a lot.
SG SOUNDS 3:38 PM - 30 November, 2015
yes im familiar with ableton and ive read some of the bridge manuals online however i dont see alot of info on running the bridge/mixtape with the rane 62 ssl 2.5 and ableton 9 this is the reason i came in here for help..

There is plenty of info for the ttm 57 mixer and ableton 8 this is why in my first post i specifically ask if the bridge works with the 62 and ssl latest version 2.5
Code:E 6:27 PM - 30 November, 2015
Well I asked that because it sounds like the tracks are not active in abletons. I noticed that happend all the time with mixtape.
SG SOUNDS 11:57 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
Well I asked that because it sounds like the tracks are not active in abletons. I noticed that happend all the time with mixtape.

well what i did was revert back to ssl 2.4 and ableton 8....did a quick mix in ssl 2.4 saved it and opened it in ableton 8 it opened fine everything was there and my tracks clips were color coded...one weird thing i noticed was the left deck was louder than the right deck...thats strange because when i recorded the mix in ssl both channels was even..

Then i reinstalled ssl 2.5 and ableton 9..did a quick mix in ssl 2.5 saved it then opened it in ableton 9 this time everything was there but my track clips was not color coded like it was in ableton 8 and also the left deck was louder than the right deck...now i made sure i recorded both channels at the same level...other than that everything else seems to be working the way its supposed to except the track clips not being colored and the difference in channel levels.