DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RCF HD12

BillyBob7 2:12 AM - 27 November, 2015
hi, new here. i just bought the RCF HD12's and on the back there is a line/mic switch...wellll stupid me, what i thought was line was really mic...i was doing karaoke at the time...
did i harm my speakers by doing that AND when i do go back in and set them correctly will they sound better?

Signed....Stupid
pdidy 2:19 AM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
did i harm my speakers by doing that

Well the fact that the speakers not blown, you probably did'nt.
Quote:
when i do go back in and set them correctly will they sound better?

yes
BillyBob7 2:44 AM - 27 November, 2015
ty alot pdidy, i bought the speakers by reading everything on here...i couldn't find 1 neg. review...ty again
DJ GaFFle 3:41 PM - 27 November, 2015
I've never even flipped the line/mic switch on any powered speaker. Useless feature IMO but I know why it's there.
BillyBob7 5:34 PM - 27 November, 2015
hi, well i was thinking the white section was the switch, so thinking that i set it backwards...
i guess i'll find out to day if any harm...

thing is i bought them used/b stock...paid 559.00 each...i have 5 days left on my 30 days and i just noticed that their black friday sale has new ones for 579.00 each...

i told ya i was stupid...lol
lvmez 6:34 PM - 27 November, 2015
Return it immediately and get new.
pdidy 9:15 PM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
Return it immediately and get new.

yea I agree....

But first look in a mirror and say Joee three times,...... I'm pretty sure he can get them even cheaper than that.
BillyBob7 12:45 AM - 28 November, 2015
well, i moved the switch back to line and yes they sound better and much easier to set the mix...

i'm not sure but i believe they will charge me shipping plus tax if i return, but not sure...i got them from ProAudioStar...not even sure how long the friday sale will last...

BUT, i will remember that name... ty again guys...i think i will call and ask...
Al Poulin 2:41 AM - 28 November, 2015
A few years ago, when I purchased my 2nd pair of RCF 310As, one of them actually had the switch set to mic instead of line. Didn't take me long to figure out the problem given that one was 20X louder than the other with a given signal, but could certainly be dangerous/cause damage for someone who wasn't aware of this switch and what it does...

Al
Joee 8:24 AM - 28 November, 2015
i had one evox 8 shipped set to mic……noticed the sound switched it to line no issues
DJ Guayo 2:26 PM - 29 November, 2015
I was Guitar Center years ago with some 'pro' help from their staff testing the new KW line. Dude switched it over to Mic input and was like wow these get really loud. #smh.
Scully DJ Services 3:25 PM - 29 November, 2015
Quote:
I was Guitar Center years ago with some 'pro' help from their staff testing the new KW line. Dude switched it over to Mic input and was like wow these get really loud. #smh.

Which location was that? Some dude at the Webster location told me that DSP was a myth and was just a marketing scam and that the K series is the best ever
DJ Guayo 4:28 PM - 29 November, 2015
West heifer location years ago. All it mic option does is switch sensitivity for microphones. It's not going to get louder than it's designed.
BillyBob7 3:46 AM - 30 November, 2015
hi, i still believe unity of these speakers is MAX....everything on my mixer is set close to unity and the speakers are set close to 1 o'clock...the room guessing is 40 by 50, not big. and i still could use a tad more volume...someone had said they believed 0 was the unity setting...not so sure now..that, are i did harm my speakers..