DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Speculation And Rumor

Code:E 7:58 AM - 26 November, 2015
Really nobody's Talking about the DJM-900NXS2 yet? Have you seen the photo. I'm pretty excited to see what this update brings? 3 USB ports! New secondary Effect center? And most curiously of all.... A new form factor. Makes me think even more new gear could be dropped with it.... I'm betting on a NAMM 2016 release. Thought? Speculation? Rumor?
DJ Padida 2:12 PM - 26 November, 2015
I saw one on instagram and thought serato club kit for sure. Also is it really 3 usb ports? I didnt see the back of it only the front and had to double take when i saw djm-900nxs2.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:24 PM - 26 November, 2015
if it has 3 usbs its most likely 1 usb with a hub giving 2 usb for other devices
TelosHedge 3:12 PM - 26 November, 2015
looks like a legitimate upgrade to me. i saw the picture - it has 3 usb ports, but only 2 of the type you are thinking. the other is a usb port for what looks to be a thumb drive - maybe to record sets onto? pioneer is so anti computer maybe that's their solution for recording your sets... or maybe they just know the business and gave us a place to charge every bitch's phone in the club.
DJ Remy USA 8:38 PM - 26 November, 2015
pics
Code:E 4:36 AM - 27 November, 2015
Hopefully the serato mods give some breathing room here. I know linking to other forums is a no no. forum.djtechtools.com

Quote:
Also is it really 3 usb ports? I didnt see the back of it only the front

Yes In the picture you can see 3 top mount USB ports. 2 for what i would assume is hot swapping DJ's and the the other looks like for a USB drive. I would assume its for direct recording.
Code:E 4:37 AM - 27 November, 2015
or maybe the USB drive location could be aanother location for you to plug your music into and use the RB link to get the tracks sent to the CDJ's
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:02 AM - 27 November, 2015
some dude Thomas.T posted the image on the SDJ forums saves you signing up for djtech tools and even then I couldnt view the image due to permissions, pic is below

s21.postimg.org
dj_soo 10:15 AM - 27 November, 2015
I really want to see what Rane comes out with to compete with the S9.

The 57 mkII seemed a little underwhelming to me...
Code:E 5:54 PM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:

^ This
TelosHedge 10:59 PM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:

if by 'underwhelming' you mean exactly the same shit as the first 57? then i agree :)
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:03 AM - 28 November, 2015
the orignal 57 was better then the mk2,

maybe not in sound quality but in everything else it was a better mixer
dj_soo 2:37 AM - 28 November, 2015
i disagree - I think the upgraded buttons are way better than the shitty, misfiring, clicky buttons on the original 57. The dedicated filter knob is great, and the dedicated loop controls was needed.

Build-wise tho, I think the original is better than any of Rane's newer mixers. Just felt solid as fuck while my 62 feels lighter and less sturdy. The plastic pots instead of the metal pots are kind of indicative of them having to cut some corners in their build.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:46 AM - 28 November, 2015
actually scap that i was comparing the original 57 to the 61 in my head for some reason, forgot my meds today.....
nik39 11:22 AM - 28 November, 2015
Quote:
Build-wise tho, I think the original is better than any of Rane's newer mixers. Just felt solid as fuck while my 62 feels lighter and less sturdy. The plastic pots instead of the metal pots are kind of indicative of them having to cut some corners in their build.

+1
Niro 1:17 PM - 29 November, 2015
The plastic pots where less prone to breaking since it had some give. It wasn't cutting cost. I've had a few metal pots break during transport thru airports. I haven't had one of the 62 pots break yet. The current one traveling with me thru south east asia has been thru hell and back. Still looks new and functions the same and its about 3 years old with heavy use back hone also.
DJ Remy USA 5:11 PM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
some dude Thomas.T posted the image on the SDJ forums saves you signing up for djtech tools and even then I couldnt view the image due to permissions, pic is below

s21.postimg.org

looks alot smaller than their current form factor but looks the same none the less like 4 channel DJM mixer
Code:E 6:25 PM - 30 November, 2015
I think its excatly the smae foot print as the current model. I would be money on that.

On another note Or rumor. I hear the new CDJs will have touch screens.

Fucking Pioneer. The tools who bought pioneer dj must be class A fuck tards. TOUCH SCREENS!!!!!!!! what a stupid fucking idea. the XDJ1000's is a massive fail if they add a the touch screen to the (what I assume with be) XDJ2000 I will be so pissed. No upgrading in any clubs I work at. Physical buttons for the win!!!!
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:58 PM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
I think its excatly the smae foot print as the current model. I would be money on that.

On another note Or rumor. I hear the new CDJs will have touch screens.

Fucking Pioneer. The tools who bought pioneer dj must be class A fuck tards. TOUCH SCREENS!!!!!!!! what a stupid fucking idea. the XDJ1000's is a massive fail if they add a the touch screen to the (what I assume with be) XDJ2000 I will be so pissed. No upgrading in any clubs I work at. Physical buttons for the win!!!!

I agree...the EXACT reason I did not buy the XDJ1000 was the touch screen cue point buttons. Opted for the SZ instead. Actually bought the DJM 900 first, then was going to go either the XDJ or 850 route. Ended up having a problem with the 900, sold that and just went for the SZ. Couldn't be happier actually. Although the 1000 with physical buttons would be killer!
Code:E 7:01 PM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
Opted for the SZ instead.

I just bought a SZ, I havent even played out on it yet. I was worried I wouldn't be happy with a new XDJ coming out. But if they really are touch screens I will be extreamly happy to not have waited.
TelosHedge 7:25 PM - 30 November, 2015
Pioneer has a fairly long lasting reputation for coming out with stuff people never asked for, and then just got used to because they had to. I wouldn't blame the new company on its own :)

I've got an SZ as well. Great piece of hardware, but no matter how many times i try i still do not understand why everyone thinks it's such a great idea to have these giant 'performance' pads in front of the platters. WTF? i'm not an MPC drummer. if i was, i'd have an MPC. all these stupid things do is get in the way of the platters - which is something DJ's have had front and center for the last 40 years. now because of the laws of sync platter control can take a backseat to rows of 4 buttons???

ugh. talk about something we never asked for.

rant over. anyway, i agree with code - i'm sure this nxs is the same 13" width that the original 900 was.

in terms of what i want, for anybody that gives a shit - how come pioneer never made a CDJ with a platter the same size as a regular turntable???
Code:E 9:27 PM - 30 November, 2015
But if the buttons where overtop of the platters when hitting the cues or loops you might accedntly hit the platter. I would rather them in front, but I would probably get used to them on top.
Quote:
how come pioneer never made a CDJ with a platter the same size as a regular turntable???

I think the deck would be just too big then. Maybe a 10" or 9". Wasnt the ATechnical CDJ a 10" also?
TelosHedge 4:05 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
Wasnt the ATechnical CDJ a 10" also?

do you mean the technics sldz-1200? i'm not sure what their platter size was but i'm pretty sure it was larger than the CDJ platter.

regardless, i wouldnt care of the thing was the same size as a normal 1200!
dj_soo 5:54 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
But if the buttons where overtop of the platters when hitting the cues or loops you might accedntly hit the platter. I would rather them in front, but I would probably get used to them on top.
Quote:
how come pioneer never made a CDJ with a platter the same size as a regular turntable???

I think the deck would be just too big then. Maybe a 10" or 9". Wasnt the ATechnical CDJ a 10" also?

that's sort of the problem i sometimes run into with my VCI-380
TelosHedge 6:06 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:

the hot cues on the CDJ1000s and 2000s are above the platters and i've never hit them on accident. granted they are much smaller, but i'm not against that. unless you are doing some serious finger drumming i dont see the need for these giant pads to hit some cue points. granted, i'm less of a drummer and more of a straight mixer and turntablist (in perpetual training, i totally suck) but i just feel like mixing ergonomics and tablism has been ignored in the digital department for a long time.
dj_soo 6:18 AM - 1 December, 2015
if you're doing tablism - wouldn't you rather be on turntables anyway?
TelosHedge 3:20 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:

yawn, i'm not gonna have this argument again. i may even hate it more than the Mac Vs PC debate!

:)
jprime 10:28 PM - 1 December, 2015
Give me something like the S8 for serato. That Twitch MK2 I've been waiting for.
Code:E 10:34 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
Give me something like the S8 for serato. That Twitch MK2 I've been waiting for.

That would be cool.
dj_soo 7:42 AM - 2 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

yawn, i'm not gonna have this argument again. i may even hate it more than the Mac Vs PC debate!

:)

You're the one who said "turntablist."
TelosHedge 11:32 PM - 2 December, 2015
Quote:
You're the one who said "turntablist."

i will reiterate: yawn.

next topic.
pdidy 7:45 AM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:

No because sometimes CDJs are more appropriate for the event and more mobile. Many turntablists like me for example have learned to adapt over the years and can preform equality as well on CDJ's provided its not a DMC competition.