DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane TTM 57 SL on a Macbook

Larsvegas 2:53 PM - 24 November, 2015
Hi there!
I'm about to buy a Rane TTM 57 SL (MK1) and i heard, there ar some issues with newer MacBooks with i5 /i7 processors.
Right now i got a MacBook mid 2009 with a dualcore 2.6gghz, so i shouldn't encounter any problems, right?
Lets hope i keep this MacBook for another 20 years, but if NOT, when i get a newer one with an i7, will the TTM still work as it should or will i probably have to buy another mixer with USB 2.0 ?
Some people told me the issues were solved, some say they're not, some say the issues occur only with windows laptops... i really don't know what to believe right now. and yes i know i could also buy a 61, but i have a great offer here for the 57 and i'm about to save some money :)

Thanks for your advice, i greatly appreciate it.
pdidy 7:38 AM - 25 November, 2015
Rane 57 + 2009 MacBook + mountain lion or lower = good performance

No worries.
traybrook 12:00 AM - 5 February, 2016
@pdidy...thanks a lot for the advice. Granted, i didnt initiate this post but, I just bought a Rane 57 today and I bought a 2009 MacBook about a month ago. Your advice fits my situation perfectly.

@Larsvegas...thanks for the post. I was gonna ask, pretty much, the same question. Good luck
pdidy 3:09 AM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
@pdidy...thanks a lot for the advice. Granted, i didnt initiate this post but, I just bought a Rane 57 today and I bought a 2009 MacBook about a month ago. Your advice fits my situation perfectly.

Great, glad to hear that its working for you.
traybrook 2:03 AM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Great, glad to hear that its working for you.

No doubt.