Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Zipped Karaoke

pappadoc 2:27 PM - 22 November, 2015
I'm happy to see that Sheraton now plays karaoke, however my issue is that in addition to djing, I have been doing karaoke which I have thousands of songs which are in zipped files. It is impossible for me to unzipped that many to work with the program, unlike Virtual DJ that plays all zipped files without having to unzipped them. So will Sheraton have a fix for that in an upcoming version or do anyone know of a program that can unzipped multiple files at once so I don't have to do them one at a time in order to use serato? My goal is to use serato for everything instead of having to switch programs when it's time for karaoke show which delays the process
popnwave 2:37 AM - 25 November, 2015
That's some nice autocorrect at work in your post... as for SV supporting zipped files, who knows? It's been ignored for almost a year at this point.
DJ Tecniq 3:01 AM - 25 November, 2015
What is hard about highlighting all zipped karaoke files and unzipping them? this way you can trash all the zip files.
DJ Tecniq 3:02 AM - 25 November, 2015
Macbook, Finder, Search, .ZIP, Unzip...problem solved
popnwave 12:49 PM - 25 November, 2015
Yeah but if you've ever seen a karaoke jock's rig it might be thousands upon thousands. Literally a giant mess when everything is uncompressed.
pappadoc 4:56 PM - 28 November, 2015
well I tried that highlighting thing it don't work, and like mike say it can be a mess, unlike virtual dj, there is a control panel and it allows us to type in the file types and type zipped and there is goes works like a champ. I just like Serato better as the industry standard program just wish it could work.
popnwave 1:23 AM - 29 November, 2015
Quote:
well I tried that highlighting thing it don't work, and like mike say it can be a mess, unlike virtual dj, there is a control panel and it allows us to type in the file types and type zipped and there is goes works like a champ. I just like Serato better as the industry standard program just wish it could work.

It kinda got added without much fanfare and I think because you can't use them zipped like every other program, people just keep using their old software. Maybe they will revisit it down the road..