Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Shift+MouseWheel for waveform scrolling

hall-music 9:08 AM - 22 November, 2015
I quite new to Serato DJ. So it's some kind of obvious that I have to do a lot work to beatgrid my collection. While working on that task I miss something to easily move through the waveform. The way of using click-n-move is okay, but often you have to 2-3 times repeat that to be at the right location. In such cases I think using something like Shift+MouseWheel would be a bit easier.

What do you think about this idea of usability enhancement? Especially Serato Guys :)
deejdave 8:00 PM - 22 November, 2015
This is not the worst idea I suppose but if anything I see three factors that may leave this at a low priority.

1.) There is already a faster and more accurate of moving to a specific part of a waveform that requires less work than SHIFT+MOUSEWHEEL. Simply clicking the desired location within the smaller overall waveform. Furthermore needle search (strip search) functions are on most Pro controllers anyways.

2.) I have only seen one DJ use a mouse in my entire career so the vast majority won't even have a mouse et alone a mouse wheel. Funny side note is that it happens to be my father as he just can't get used to the trackpad.

3.) Even the DVS (non controller) guys have a faster option in that they can simply move the needle as usual.

You do bring up an idea I hadn't even though of (for Serato) yet. They should DEFINITELY make use of the Force Touceh trackpad as this is pretty much becoming the standard.

On the other hand if this is easy to implement I don't see what the harm would be in adding it as it wouldn't hurt the vast majority who use trackpads. If you do know anyone who uses a mouse to DJ have them come here and add their +1 and you never know?!?!?! Good luck either way.
AlxRyde 3:11 AM - 23 November, 2015
I didn't notice this until today, but Alt E rewinds the waveform and Alt R fast forwards it in preparation mode. T and Y can also nudge the waveform back and forth when stopped.
deejdave 3:27 AM - 23 November, 2015
Yeah and if using your controller I believe if you hold SHIFT+Platter it scrolls through the song faster as well. There are methods but I was more or less just trying to offer feedback on his actual idea :)
hall-music 8:07 PM - 23 November, 2015
As I'm preparing stuff without controller attached to the laptop, I was not using the platter :) I'll try out the shortcut's mentioned by AlxRyde. But I have to admit, that I'm a heavy mouse-user on the laptop only operation. Although I like to use keyboard shortcuts - must be something from my professional linux server job :)
deejdave 10:05 PM - 23 November, 2015
Hey I can't say I fully blame you as it is certainly nice using a mouse just ended up getting so used to trackpad being mobile that I guess it wore off a but for me is all.