Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ/DDJ-SX Freezes and then unfreezes

DJ Teh 10:32 AM - 21 November, 2015
Posting this on behalf of a friend who uses Serato DJ

So, my friend uses his Pioneer DDJ-SX on pretty much a daily basis, and last night half way through his gig Serato DJ froze completely, his controller froze completely however music kept on playing. A few seconds later, it will unfreeze and continue as if it had never frozen.

I thought I had resolved this for him as he had told me he had installed a driver for another pioneer controller (I believe the SX is just plug and play?) and as soon as I removed that driver from the system, the problem stopped, and everything started running smoother.

Is this a common thing?
DJ Teh 10:37 AM - 21 November, 2015
System specs:

Late 2009 Mac with OS X 10.10.5 (I hope!)
500 GB HDD
Latest Serato DJ.
Pioneer DDJ-SX with latest firmware.
DJ Teh 3:52 PM - 21 November, 2015
I now have access to my friend's computer and common things I am seeing in his console logs around the times this occurred last night are the following:

21/11/2015 00:26:52.000 kernel[0]: IOHIDDevice::newUserClient called on an inactive device - This one in particular is persistent and repeated multiple times in quick succession at the time of the freeze

21/11/2015 00:27:43.012 BezelServices 250.15[95]: ASSERTION FAILED: dvcAddrRef != ((void *)0) -[DriverServices getDeviceAddress:] line: 2727 - This is just constant throughout the night.

21/11/2015 00:27:46.000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff800b869800]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: counted 2 clip more than one buffer ahead errors.
djcyph1 5:51 AM - 22 November, 2015
This happened to me literally like 6 times tonight. Super embarrassing. For me it would never unfreeze. I I would have to turn off the player and back on and everything fine which is obviously not acceptable during live play client was super pissed. At one point the music kept playing even with all faders down and I couldn't even turn it off. I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro upgraded RAM to the max newer hard drive in there external hard drive is fine. The computer never froze it was always the controller. I used this controller at least 20 something times now and it's never happened before tonight what could this be? cannot allow this to happen again should I send it in for service?
DJ Teh 9:47 PM - 25 November, 2015
Bump. Anyone from Serato going to chime in here?
pdidy 7:35 AM - 26 November, 2015
Quote:
Bump. Anyone from Serato going to chime in here?

Serato support dose not read every post. You need to open a help request.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 2:02 AM - 27 November, 2015
Hey guys,

It sounds like you both have fairly unique issues. Can you please open a help request over at support.serato.com and someone in the support team will be able to help you out.

Cheers.
KARL KANE 11:48 PM - 29 November, 2015
happened to me with rane 62 2 times last night, no corrupt files, enough space, ssd cpu green, everything ok, but no sound anymore, serato dj freezed (wheel).
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 12:19 AM - 30 November, 2015
Hey Karl Koks,

Can you please open a help request with Serato support at the above address - we will be able to help you out.

Cheers.
KARL KANE 10:49 AM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
Hey Karl Koks,

Can you please open a help request with Serato support at the above address - we will be able to help you out.

Cheers.

Done, See my new Thread
247discos 6:22 PM - 1 December, 2015
Yup happening to me. Version 1.8. Although running denon 6000mk2 with Windows 7. Freezes sound keeps playing.. Unfreezes after about 1 to 2 mins.. Went back to 1.7.8 and works fine. All tracks rescaned in version 1.8.. No corrupt files. Loads space..