DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Video Recording DJ Bedroom Sets

djmixology 3:28 AM - 19 November, 2015
I apologize if this was answered somewhere else, but I'm looking for some help with putting a video camera in the DJ room in my house. I wanted to start recording my sets, like the DJCity Bedroom Sessions. I wanted to have a camera to put above me possibly mounted on my wall.

My questions are - what kind of camera is recommended? A GoPro? And how to I get clean audio with the video? Should I record my set in Serato, and then somehow match it up with the video in iMovie? Is there an easier way to do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
HighTopFade 4:30 AM - 19 November, 2015
GoPro has a 1/8" to USB adapter for audio. I got it off eBay but haven't had the chance to test it. Been ok with the built in mic. For the overhead shot, use a microphone stand with boom; got a Monoprice one for cheap. And use a GoPro to microphone stand adapter.
Scully DJ Services 4:51 AM - 19 November, 2015
For audio, dont use the GoPro's onboard solution. You'd be better off recording the set in Serato and matching up the audio and video in iMovie, Adobe Premiere, or Final Cut Pro
djmixology 3:09 AM - 20 November, 2015
Thanks so much for the responses!
teemac111 4:36 AM - 20 November, 2015
The Best Hands Down....
www.walmart.com
teemac111 4:38 AM - 20 November, 2015
Also run a RCA to 1/8 cord from booth out to mic in on laptop...clean audio already matched up as u record everything in quicktime
DJ Rams 7:48 PM - 25 July, 2016
Quote:
Also run a RCA to 1/8 cord from booth out to mic in on laptop...clean audio already matched up as u record everything in quicktime

I'm very intrigued by your outside the box suggestion.. Does this set up work with Mac's ? Also is the frame "Wide" ?
DJ Remix Detroit 10:47 PM - 25 July, 2016
if you are looking for some GOPRO alternative cams, there are alot of them with great reviews that are $200-$300 cheaper:

www.amazon.com