DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How close are we to a DVS Serato without needing a laptop?

Danno9999 1:43 PM - 18 November, 2015
How close are we to a mixer with Serato built into it (removing the need for a laptop)?

Or will this never happen?

Just checking, as I might have to buy a new laptop but if something might be released in the next year I won't bother...
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:17 PM - 18 November, 2015
It's coming out tomorrow
Phuture2 2:54 AM - 25 November, 2015
I doubt Serato will ever have this option. If you have Pioneer gear try Rekordbox
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:32 AM - 26 November, 2015
What's wrong with having a laptop though?

My own question will be when will Serato release its own DJ Only Laptop 😃

Perhaps then all this compatibility issues will be put to bed.

Or at least endorse a laptop eg "Macbook Pro Serato Edition"
Phuture2 10:43 PM - 27 November, 2015
Yeah at at 3k tag. No thanks.
skinnyguy 4:56 PM - 28 November, 2015
Denon had a controller with a built in hd. There was another brand too, that could play straight from USB. Pioneer cdjs can play with USB direct too. Thud Rumble is working on mixers or decks with a built in computer chip. Nifty, but all it does is make your screen smaller since you're not lugging around a laptop with a bigger screen.
Phuture2 1:31 AM - 29 November, 2015
Yes thing issue with the Denon controller with the hard drive is that the music management software sucked big time and Denon shafted everyone who bought it. RKB is hands down the best for USB without a laptop.
djcrap 4:38 PM - 29 November, 2015
How close are they geting into the mass production stage of cars , 18 whewlers and trucks that can fly?

Yup thats how close serato is too.