DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Enable USB Insert + 57 MKII

Yona 3:23 AM - 15 November, 2015
Curious if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what the solution is.

Currently running

OSX Mavericks

Serato DJ 1.8

Firmware 1.0.4

Whenever I change the source on the mixer it enables the usb insert thus muting that channel. I have to open the control panel and disable the insert.
PopRoXxX 7:30 PM - 16 November, 2015
Haven't checked on this since I usually leave my insert on. Good idea to check out. Thanks for the heads up!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:13 PM - 17 November, 2015
Hey Yona,

I'm not quite sure I follow.

Can you provide me with steps to recreate this?
Thank you:)
Yona 6:02 AM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:
Hey Yona,

I'm not quite sure I follow.

Can you provide me with steps to recreate this?
Thank you:)

Usually when I arrive to the venue the mixer is already on. After I reboot my computer I open SDJ and plug in the mixer. Both PGM 1/2 have the USB insert enabled on the control panel. I disable them. Now SDJ is not picking up the control tone from either deck. I was using turntables in this case but I don't think that matters. I can hear PGM 1/2 through the headphone output but not master or booth. This only applies to when I have a virtual deck selected. I can hear the control tone fine when set to PH/CD.

I was able to work around this by shutting down SDJ, mixer, unplugging the mixer, reopening SDJ, powering the mixer, then plugging the mixer back in. This resolved the issue of PGM 1/2 making it to the master and booth.

The only issue that remained is whenever I changed the PGM input the usb insert would be enabled. I have checked with most of the other DJs that use the mixer and it seems I'm the only one with this problem. I'll try to stop by this weekend to record a video of exactly what is happening.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:33 PM - 19 November, 2015
Currently the USB Insert can't be turned off without it being turned back on when you press a button or move a knob. This is being looked into in the next update.
AKIEM 3:04 AM - 23 November, 2015
Are the FX supposed to return on the USB AUX channel?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:57 PM - 23 November, 2015
No.. not with the TTM57mkII.
Yona 8:08 AM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
Currently the USB Insert can't be turned off without it being turned back on when you press a button or move a knob. This is being looked into in the next update.

So for example if I'm playing a vinyl record then switch to a virtual deck I have to open the mixer's control panel and disable the usb insert since? Or any other time I change the PGM input?
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:54 PM - 30 November, 2015
If you move the source knobs to various positions on that channel does the audio come back?

For example.. moving the source knob from USB A to USB B and then back to A.
Yona 12:04 AM - 4 December, 2015
I'll try with that particular example. Every time I move the source knob it enables the usb insert and doesn't disable it even if I move the source knob back.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:16 PM - 7 December, 2015
You can't disable the USB insert in the current version of Serato without it coming back on as soon as you press a button or turn a knob. Its a bug that is getting fixed in the next version. The public beta should be out soon.
Yona 6:41 AM - 8 December, 2015
Sweet. Looking forward to the updated version.