Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Windows 10 support... still no high DPI support?

N00basaurus 7:53 AM - 30 October, 2015
Anyone know when Serato will start supporting high DPI screens that come standard on quite a few laptops now (like Mac Book Pro retina displays and windows laptops).

The software UI is too tiny to read on 2,000+ x 1000+ pixel monitors. If Zoolander saw the Serato UI on my monitor, he'd wonder why ants need DJ software.

For the layman: This is not talking about the library list of tracks. We are talking everything else. All the buttons, text, gadgets, wave-forms, and everything else is CRAZY tiny and impossible to read. Changing OS screen resolution isn't a fix because this has to do with how many pixels are fitted inside the monitors. Voxels (pixels by volume) if you will. I was hoping this would be addressed when Windows 10 was addressed, since this problem began late Windows 7 and was quite prevalent through 8 and 8.1 only to get worse with Windows 10 since most new laptops now have High DPI screens. Yay technology.

Intel has a good look at software design in Windows 10 as it relates to high DPI screens:
software.intel.com

I would love to use the software that I paid for, but until they fix the DPI issue that's plagued Serato since high DPI screens started coming out, I now have to find some free software so I can get out of my house and DJ on the go at other people's houses/parties.

Serato is great... Now, if only I could actually read anything that was on the screen.
Mike Butler 8:33 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
If Zoolander saw the Serato UI on my monitor, he'd wonder why ants need DJ software.

Best. Comment. Ever.

:)
popc0rn 3:09 AM - 15 November, 2015
I had this issue with my Surface Pro 3.. I managed to make things readable by changing my text scaling to 125%, launching Serato, closing Serato, and then changing text scaling to 200%.

Obviously not a permanent solution, but I can at least read things for the time being without needing a microscope
DjRoo-1 2:35 PM - 16 November, 2015
Mac users have been crying out for this since the retinas came out in 2012, almost 2016 now and we've still not had as much as a hint about it from anyone at Serato
N00basaurus 1:35 AM - 24 December, 2015
UPDATE: Serato DJ v1.8.1

No DPI Support. Tiny UI, Small buttons, too small to read, and every other descriptor for the lack of High Resolution Pixel support.

Example images of issue:

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

Note: The library text scaling is set at maximum scale. What you are looking at are known size references. Specifically the button sizes compared to the standard windows cursor size. Notice how teeny tiny those buttons and UI elements are.

Will update this thread with each new version of Serato as it relates to screen DPI support.
pdang 10:13 PM - 24 December, 2015
@Popc0rn, this seems to work on Windows 10 desktop running a Benq BL3201 4k monitor. Although restarting Serato DJ several times might be annoying, at least the buttons, wheels, and panels are adequate for the time being! I do report that doing this yields some inconsistency as sometimes I'll have to log-out and log-in again and try various combinations of scaling (anywhere from 125% to 300%!! wtf)! Please Serato, give the UI scaling better love and care.
N00basaurus 10:23 PM - 24 December, 2015
Quote:
@Popc0rn, this seems to work on Windows 10 desktop running a Benq BL3201 4k monitor. Although restarting Serato DJ several times might be annoying, at least the buttons, wheels, and panels are adequate for the time being! I do report that doing this yields some inconsistency as sometimes I'll have to log-out and log-in again and try various combinations of scaling (anywhere from 125% to 300%!! wtf)! Please Serato, give the UI scaling better love and care.

Desktop monitors may have a little different results with scale and resolution. The only screen I have high DPI on is my laptop, which sports a 3,000 pixel 15" screen. There are a lot of features that I just simply can't use on the laptop that I can on my desktop. These include creating and selecting hot-cues and loop selections, changing FX menus, accessing and browsing settings, assessing version number from within the software, reading text, seeing the numerical position on a track (time on and time remaining), and all of that fun jazz.
reif99 1:57 PM - 28 December, 2015
Hi,

I ran into the same issue using both Windows 8 & Windows 10 with a Thinkpad X1 (it has a double or triple resolution of 1080P - I can't remember because I am writing this on a different PC). The Serato DJ interface was unusable. Here's the fix:

have a look at this website link, older versions of Photoshop CC had the same issue and I managed to fix Photoshop with it. (Adobe has now fixed the issue - where as Serato has NOT).

www.danantonielli.com

Follow the instructions and it will take all of 3 mins

Basically:
Change the setting in regedit
download the .txt file, move it to the Serato folder and rename it seratodj.manifest (or exactly the same name as the Serato EXE file with .manifest on the end)

Serato will be useable again!! no DPI or resolution changes before starting Serato DJ again!!
R-Dub 3:15 AM - 29 December, 2015
not sure if it's relevant but would the -disabling display scaling on high DPI devices- option be helpful?
popc0rn 8:16 PM - 29 December, 2015
I followed this guide and it works perfectly now!

www.danantonielli.com
coleman42 2:05 AM - 4 January, 2016
Quote:
I followed this guide and it works perfectly now!

www.danantonielli.com

How did you do the last step with the serato dj software, I can't seem to figure out where the Serato DJ exe file is located, or how to copy the manifest
popc0rn 2:53 AM - 4 January, 2016
For me it was located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Serato\SeratoDJ\"
Feebs 5:47 PM - 30 March, 2016
I followed the workaround at www.danantonielli.com

and it totally fixed the problem... until Windows 10 updated and now I'm back to square one!
:(

Any ideas anybody?
DJ MAZE ONER 11:50 PM - 30 January, 2017
I HONESTLY HATE SERATO TO MANY ISSUES WITH IN ONLY A YEAR . THE PROGRAM GOT ME FIRED AFTER SWITCHING OVER TRYING TO KEEP WITH THE TIMES WHAT A JOKE. A NUT RIDING DJ WHO IS A CUT THROAT CALL HIMSELF THE SUPER DJ, MADE ME BELEIVE I SHOUD GET THIS PROGRAM, AND I DID. NOT ONLY DID I GET FIRED FROM MY RESIDENCY GIG CAUSE OF THIS CRAP PROGRAM THAT LAME DJ WAS MAKING SECRET DEAL BEHIND MY BACK CALLING ME A BAD DJ, WHICH I FIND FUNNY CAUSE HE CAN ONLY USE ONE HAND HIS RIGHT TO SCRATCH. IF THAT IDIOT WAS TO BATTLE ME WITHOUT SERATO HE WILL HE GET DESTROYED BUT THANKS SERATO TEAM FOR MAKING LOOK LIKE THE WORSE DJ EVER ITS APPREIATED NOW LET ME BACK TO LIVE IN MY CARDBOARD BOX COURTESY OF SERATO DJ.
ANYONE CANGIVE ME ANSWERS PLEASE CALL(914) 330 7062 CAUSE SERATO CUSTOMER SERVICEIS THE WORSE AS WELL NO ANSWER FROM THEM JERKS MAYBE IF I SEW THE COMPANY THEY WILL ANSWER THEIR PHONES
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:30 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
IF I SEW THE COMPANY THEY WILL ANSWER THEIR PHONES

are you going to sew them or is this a stitch up
popnwave 12:33 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
A NUT RIDING DJ WHO IS A CUT THROAT CALL HIMSELF THE SUPER DJ, MADE ME BELEIVE I SHOUD GET THIS PROGRAM, AND I DID.

Sounds like you were toast from the deals made behind your back, not SDJ. Amateur hour.
DJ MAZE ONER 1:03 AM - 31 January, 2017
SDJ HAS RUIN ALOT OPPORTUNITY SOMETIMES THE MUSICSTOPS I HAVE HD SERATO STOP RUNNING AND I HAVE HAD LOUD SNOW SOUNDING NOISES WHILE PLAYING MUSIC LIKE IF I WAS SWITCHING STATIONS ON THE RADIO

I USE A 2016 HP OMEN
AND A RANE 68
AND SERATO SO LAME THEY ARE SO GREAT OF CREATING CRAP ON TOP CRAP BUT CANT MKE SOMETHING TO KEEP UP WITH 4K RESOLUTION

I HATE THIS PROGRAM
DJ MAZE ONER 1:04 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
SDJ HAS RUIN ALOT OPPORTUNITY SOMETIMES THE MUSICSTOPS I HAVE HAD SERATO STOP RUNNING AND I HAVE HAD LOUD SNOW SOUNDING NOISES WHILE PLAYING MUSIC LIKE IF I WAS SWITCHING STATIONS ON THE RADIO

I USE A 2016 HP OMEN
AND A RANE 68
AND SERATO SO LAME THEY ARE SO GREAT OF CREATING CRAP ON TOP CRAP BUT CANT MAKE SOMETHING TO KEEP UP WITH 4K RESOLUTION

I HATE THIS PROGRAM
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:27 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
SDJ HAS RUIN ALOT OPPORTUNITY SOMETIMES THE MUSICSTOPS I HAVE HD SERATO STOP RUNNING AND I HAVE HAD LOUD SNOW SOUNDING NOISES WHILE PLAYING MUSIC LIKE IF I WAS SWITCHING STATIONS ON THE RADIO

I USE A 2016 HP OMEN
AND A RANE 68
AND SERATO SO LAME THEY ARE SO GREAT OF CREATING CRAP ON TOP CRAP BUT CANT MKE SOMETHING TO KEEP UP WITH 4K RESOLUTION

I HATE THIS PROGRAM

I'm sure your bad English is the main reason for that for those ruined opportunities, also how is that $100,000 a year from djing going,

i must say your facebook page is a good laugh
DJ MAZE ONER 2:33 AM - 31 January, 2017
I HAVE ACTUALLY MADE OVER $100,000 WITHOUT SERATO WHEN I USE A SERATO CUSTOMERS GIVE ME A DOLLAR SO I CAN GOT BUY MYSELF SOME DIGNINITY THANKS SERATO DJ APPREACIATE YOUR PROGRAM RUINING MY BUSINESS
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:36 AM - 31 January, 2017
should spend some of that money on English lessons
Asymptotic 7:13 AM - 4 March, 2017
Or functioning capslock, period, and comma keys. Yours must be broken.
8823430 4:16 PM - 5 March, 2017
dj maze

stop posting you have nothing to say but keeping on about how bad serato is .
You are getting so boring .everyone keeps on telling you to delete your corrupted mp3 files and start again but no you carry on
Spinn145 7:02 PM - 1 July, 2017
Not for nothing, but this is why I have always told all my DJ friends that have issues with Serato to USE VirtualDJ Pro! I've been using it for years with absolutely no isses what-so-ever. The only reason I have Serato is because it came bundled with a controller I bought at the time. When I installed it and saw all the issues, and started browing the net to re-discover all my issues and beyond that other DJ's are having with both Macs and PC's, just made me sure to NEVER use Serato in live performances and I immediately uninstalled it! Very incomplete, and unprofessional software IMO! Oh, and Virtual DJ Pro scales properly on a Mac Book Pro with Retina display as well as a Surface Book.