Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato 1.8 problem

dj rickc 2:14 PM - 29 October, 2015
i downloaded 1.8 full version this morning the serrate screen does not display completely very little on the screen tried a few times had to uninstall and revert to 1.7.8 which is fine. using mid 2010 toshiba satellite 500gb 4gb memory not even half full. anyone have this problem please help thx dj rick c
bibster 3:13 PM - 29 October, 2015
Same problem
dj rickc 3:19 PM - 29 October, 2015
bibster keep me posted if any progress. i will try again later. also have a mac book will try that later. thx dj rick c
Romain Brown 3:31 PM - 29 October, 2015
My problem with serato dj 1.8 is that the waveform keep skipping every time i scratch.. going back to 1.7.8 never had a problem with that..
DJ Baldo NYC 3:43 PM - 29 October, 2015
My problem is I don't have the assists waveform that goes on top that shows you how off the song is. I can beat match without it but it comes in handy when making a transition. Had to go back to 1.7.8
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:43 PM - 29 October, 2015
Update your graphics card drivers SDJ1.8.0 gui uses a new technology. If you have updated and still black it's most likely your computer is under spec. But best thing todo would be to open a support ticket or just stick with 1.7.8
Djtejeda 5:51 PM - 30 October, 2015
My problem is I don't have the assists waveform that goes on top that shows you how off the song is. I can beat match without it but it comes in handy when making a transition. Had to go back to 1.7.8 can you guys please add it back and also try adding beat grids on the stack view mode like scratch live please thanks
DJ Baldo NYC 5:54 PM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
My problem is I don't have the assists waveform that goes on top that shows you how off the song is. I can beat match without it but it comes in handy when making a transition. Had to go back to 1.7.8 can you guys please add it back and also try adding beat grids on the stack view mode like scratch live please thanks

+1
Tito Delgado 6:02 PM - 30 October, 2015
Jan fact, the problem is incompatibility with graphics cards, however, Serato, should take into account that many of us have this problem by having an incompatible card and not for being old or discontinued, I strongly hope that the guys Serato give us support in this matter, an update, a patch, they would be greatly appreciated.
EbusNeevus 6:55 PM - 30 October, 2015
I am new to mixing so I bought a numark mixtrack pro II and it's not connecting to serato. It keeps saying "Failed to connect audio". I had this problem before when I updated my OS to Windows 10. Apparently serato was not compatible with Win 10 so I was out of luck for a while. Recently, I found a video that took me through a few steps (seemed like all I had to do was update my graphics card and a few drivers or something) and then serato could read my controller again. Now I updated to 1.8 and I'm having the same problem again... Can someone please help?
D Jay Cee 10:45 AM - 26 November, 2015
anyone having issues on Mac? was thinking to upgrade but i got a gig coming up too soon to test it out.
also, i was worried about songs that have already gone thru MIK. i am worried it will mess them up in some way.
Marv Incredible 7:37 AM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
i was worried about songs that have already gone thru MIK. i am worried it will mess them up in some way.

Boy this thread's been jacked with at least two more completely unrelated issues - this has nothing to do with graphics - lol. But to answer your question, some Mac users are having issues but not all, and others not enough to cause a major problem, but YMMV.

As for key detection, your files will only be analyzed and overwritten if you have the Set Key option selected in the Analyze section. If you turn that off (and/or just don't analyze older files) you should be fine.
delmatic 9:45 PM - 17 January, 2016
has anyone had the problem of one deck playing low on their controller my mixtrack pro2 plays lower on deck A, i tried the controller on VDJ and it work fine.is this a serato fault?
DjSmileyyAtl 8:40 PM - 18 February, 2016
My Sp6 samples won't save, every time I have to load when I exit seraro do and open back up.
DjSmileyyAtl 8:41 PM - 18 February, 2016
Quote:
My Sp6 samples won't save, every time I have to load when I exit serato dj and open back up.