DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Shame on Pioneer -release of S9 Exclusive to GC for 30 days!!

djrob70 5:08 PM - 27 October, 2015
Got this today. My point being is that for all that pre-ordered the S9 from other than GC we are getting totally screwed by Pionerr and GC

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your order and for choosing to shop with us at AGI Pro DJ. We learned this week that Pioneer and Guitar Center have entered into a 30-Day Exclusive deal on the DJM-S9 Serato DJ Mixer. They are likely to begin selling as soon as 10/31. Although we understand that some DJs will be inclined to look to GC for the opportunity to be first there are a few things to consider.

The release of the mixer is dependent on a fully supported version of the Serato DJ (version 1.8) software and until that time only the current beta version with limited features will work, and by some accounts not very reliably. Pioneer is requiring that GC adhere to the MAP price of $1699 and exclude from all discounts. This will mean that for some customers the cost will be $1699 plus local sales tax and in some states that is as high as 8.75%.

At this time we have been informed that we can expect our first shipment to arrive the last week of November or early December. This is very disappointing to us but is completely beyond our control. We are doing everything in our power to keep the expected delivery information on our site as accurate as possible.

You as a customer of AGI Pro DJ are important to us and we wanted you to have this information first hand since you have chosen to shop with us above all other options and for that we are grateful.

If you have any questions or concerns please know that you are welcome to email or call me directly,

Thank you
lvmez 5:32 PM - 27 October, 2015
They did the same when the pioneer XDJ-1000's came out.
Davideon 6:02 PM - 27 October, 2015
its business. youre not getting screwed in the slightest.
DJ Irv 6:25 PM - 27 October, 2015
Wonder if online retailers can do a F*&K GC discount where they sell it cheaper for having your wait?
Rebelguy 6:35 PM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
Wonder if online retailers can do a F*&K GC discount where they sell it cheaper for having your wait?

I think that's what they are implying in their email above.

I am not sure if it's so much of GC having an exclusive as they probably made a deal to buy the entire first batch. They have done this before with other non-pioneer gear as well.
DJ Dynamight 8:19 PM - 27 October, 2015
DOH!
Robbie O 9:47 PM - 27 October, 2015
This is tough. I know a place already quoting for $1450 plus no tax, just gotta wait a month. I just got my first pair of tables (techs) and am itching to start practicing. I secured a S9 at GC via pre-order, but now I'm thinking to just get an AMX Akai get my money back and play for a month. Then cop the S9 later for the same money.

Man, I hope I have the will power to wait lol
Rebelguy 11:20 PM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
This is tough. I know a place already quoting for $1450 plus no tax, just gotta wait a month. I just got my first pair of tables (techs) and am itching to start practicing. I secured a S9 at GC via pre-order, but now I'm thinking to just get an AMX Akai get my money back and play for a month. Then cop the S9 later for the same money.

If you've waiting this long to start on turntables then waiting another month isn't going to matter.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:33 PM - 27 October, 2015
GC is gangsta...

Eff what ya heard...
Mr. Goodkat 1:12 AM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If you've waiting this long to start on turntables then waiting another month isn't going to matter.

just get a used native inst z2 for 400. theyre pretty resellable at the same price.
nick3597 8:23 AM - 28 October, 2015
on GC website they say end of November? djrob70?
Robbie O 11:57 AM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
on GC website they say end of November? djrob70?

They got them at the stores. If you're still interested, I'd just call them.
nick3597 1:05 PM - 28 October, 2015
What about the UK they are telling us early November ? Thanks
SSR 3:28 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:

Care to share where you're getting this quote?
DJ Irv 4:08 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Care to share where you're getting this quote?

What ^ said!
djrob70 8:36 PM - 28 October, 2015
Nick3597- My guess is GC should be releasing info any day now. Pioneer is already posting on their Facebook page about Pioneer demos across the U.S starting early as next week.

It just really stinks for those that pre-ordered from other retailers and will have to wait 30 days after GC releases their S9's...
DJ Barticus 9:06 PM - 28 October, 2015
the first batch of a new product is more likely to have problems, let guitar center deal with that batch
DJ Dynamight 9:58 PM - 28 October, 2015
Review: Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 mixer

youtu.be
Dj Rehab 10:43 PM - 28 October, 2015
I finally got Zzounds to admit that Pioneer has told them you will get them when you get them. Mine was ordered in August and it sucks.
DJ GaFFle 8:48 AM - 29 October, 2015
Everybody should cancel their S9 pre-orders... if you're not the 1st kid on your block with this shiny new toy, you're not winning.

:-| ...It's not that serious. I wouldn't want the first run anyway, there's always glitches.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:15 PM - 29 October, 2015
But hey at least they have an updated firmware already available for the invisible S9 :P

www.pioneerdj.com
28 October, 2015
DJM-S9 firmware update (Ver.1.04)

Changes:

Fixed an issue where the CLIP LED was not lit.
Fixed an issue where AUX audio is not output when FADER SYNTH is selected from BEAT FX.
Fixed an issue where NOISE effect may not be activated when it is switched from other effect of FILTER FX in the Setting Utilities.

DJM-S9 release driver ver.1.010 for Windows / ver.1.0.1 for Mac
Taipanic 6:00 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

+1
Go pick up a $50 mixer and some real vinyl off of Craigslist and play that for a month. It will make you a better DJ, I guarantee it.
djrob70 6:17 PM - 29 October, 2015
[+1 .... That is a positive! havent been this anxious on a release since the first SX came out. ]But hey at least they have an updated firmware already available for the invisible S9 :P

www.pioneerdj.com
28 October, 2015
DJM-S9 firmware update (Ver.1.04)

Changes:

Fixed an issue where the CLIP LED was not lit.
Fixed an issue where AUX audio is not output when FADER SYNTH is selected from BEAT FX.
Fixed an issue where NOISE effect may not be activated when it is switched from other effect of FILTER FX in the Setting Utilities.

DJM-S9 release driver ver.1.010 for Windows / ver.1.0.1 for Mac
djrob70 6:19 PM - 29 October, 2015
also glad to see Serato DJ 1.8 is out to support the S9. At least we wont have to wait for S/W or firmware...
djrob70 6:23 PM - 29 October, 2015
GC shows them now in stock !
DJ Irv 6:35 PM - 29 October, 2015
The thirst is real.
DJ GaFFle 6:55 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
The thirst is real.

HaHa...

I just came from GC and put my hands on it (mixer). Dude had just pulled it out the box and was gonna put it on display.

It looks and feels like quality from that brief observation.
Robbie O 7:15 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1
Go pick up a $50 mixer and some real vinyl off of Craigslist and play that for a month. It will make you a better DJ, I guarantee it.

GC "worked it out" and gave me a good deal (In essence the same deal but w sales tax). Just walked out the store with an S9.
Logisticalstyles 8:39 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
The thirst is real.

HaHa...

I just came from GC and put my hands on it (mixer). Dude had just pulled it out the box and was gonna put it on display.

Which GC?
Robbie O 9:16 PM - 29 October, 2015
Cherry Hill, NJ
DJ VEE 9:50 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Everybody should cancel their S9 pre-orders... if you're not the 1st kid on your block with this shiny new toy, you're not winning.

:-| ...It's not that serious. I wouldn't want the first run anyway, there's always glitches.

Hitting their pocket book will ALWAYS get their attention. If everyone would get on board and cancel, that would be one hell of a statement to Pioneer.
DJ Irv 2:09 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
Hitting their pocket book will ALWAYS get their attention. If everyone would get on board and cancel, that would be one hell of a statement to Pioneer.

Will never happen. These cats are thirsty for the S9. Shoot, I want one and I have 2 perfectly fine Z2's.

I would cancel my pre-order to try to hustle up a discount like Robbie O. My loyalty is to the almighty dollar.
djrob70 3:21 AM - 30 October, 2015
So after I finally calmed down about this whole GC and Pioneer deal I decided to go to my local GC and they had 1 in stock... Same as you DJ GaFFLe they had just opened the box and was going to put in on display. I got them to price match and I canceled my pre-order. Bam!! Got my S9!!!

Quote:
Quote:
The thirst is real.

HaHa...

DJ Irv 3:35 AM - 30 October, 2015
@djrob70 if you don't mind me asking. What was the damage?
djrob70 3:41 AM - 30 October, 2015
1547.00 plus tax
djrob70 4:52 AM - 30 October, 2015
anyone get their S9? Did you get the purple marble vinyl? i did...
near05 9:45 AM - 12 January, 2016
Germany/Switzerland - still waiting for the S9 - ordered and paid mid (11-12-15) december.
They changed the shipping date 4 times already. Now they named 29 Jan. On other shops i found mid february..

I guess Pioneer sended too many out for promotion that they cant deliver actual buyers!
More than disapointed!