Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Smart Sync (Enable for DVS Turntables)

D. J. Shawn Quick 6:17 PM - 21 October, 2015
I edited a lot of my tracks using my Pioneer DDJ SZ & Vestax VCI380 & Smart Sync works well but then I tried to use it with my DVS system (2 turntables & my Rane 62 mixer or SL2 box & any mixer) & found out Smart Sync is Disabled. It would be a good thing to be able to use Smart Sync with our Turntables for those songs that have a live drummer (Example- Motown- Got to Give It Up by Marvin Gaye) because even after editing the beatgrids for some songs they still won't stay in Sync using a DVS system. If Smart Sync works using controllers why not Enable it for use with DVS systems?

If this feature suggestion gathers enough interest Serato will consider adding to Serato DJ.
D. J. Shawn Quick 6:32 PM - 21 October, 2015
I would purchase this as a Serato DJ Expansion Pack if it wasn't directly added as a new feature in Serato DJ Beta.
swift807 3:55 AM - 22 October, 2015
+1

Hey D. J. Shawn Quick , are you finding yourself running out of downbeat markers ?
i cant seem to grid a James Brown or Donna Summer record without running out of downbeat markers. I usually grid every bar .
MutterOberin 12:08 PM - 22 October, 2015
+1
D. J. Shawn Quick 12:17 AM - 23 October, 2015
Yes I was running out of downbeat markers too. So my work around was to only grid the bars that are more off than the ones that are only sightly off. More downbeat markers are necessary for proper beat grid adjustments for music with a live band & drummer.

Thanks for the +1 for Serato DJ Smart Sync for DVS!!!
D. J. Shawn Quick 2:58 AM - 30 October, 2015
If we want Smart Sync active in DVS (Turntable & CD Player mode) with Serato DJ then this is your time to add your +1 & comment because it's only active while using a Controller. Thanks.
bohlrocka 1:37 PM - 30 October, 2015
+1
swift807 7:26 AM - 2 November, 2015
+1
Mr Wilks 1:29 AM - 3 November, 2015
Hurry up Serato (+1)

I can't use the SP-6 to sync loops with the AMX/AFX because of this stupid rule that shouldn't even be there.
acemc 9:38 AM - 4 November, 2015
+100
I purchased the DVS expansion pack and was really disappointed.
Tracktor, Mixvibes & even VDJ8 are all WAY better at DVS.
Doing anything slow with key lock on is pretty useless too (even with PnT)
I actually wish I could somehow make my SX2 work with Scratch Live!!
maarawoe 7:43 PM - 4 November, 2015
Can live without it but see no reason why this feature should be missing...
+1
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:41 PM - 7 November, 2015
Thanks fellow Dj's for your support. Serato informed me this feature request will need more +1's for them to add this to Serato Dj.
maarawoe 9:44 PM - 8 November, 2015
Thats weird... The feature is already there for the controllers - can't see any reason why it needs being +1'ed for DVS at all....
acemc 3:24 AM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
The feature is already there for the controllers - can't see any reason why it needs being +1'ed for DVS at all....

Exactly what I was thinking.
It becomes confusing getting used to having it on the controller & not when using timecode.
diego vega 9:31 PM - 9 November, 2015
+1 please add smart sync to DVS users, we can't sync the sampler to a deck because of this!
Mr Wilks 11:59 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
+1 please add smart sync to DVS users, we can't sync the sampler to a deck because of this!

This is my biggest bug bear.

The AMX/AFX can't have a synced SP-6 because they think I'm using DVS even though it's all internal.

It's stupid.

It also affects HID mode on CDJs too as they class as DVS. REEEEEEALLY? :(
deejdave 3:37 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:

Have you tried deactivating DVS expansion with CDJ's in HID.
Mr Wilks 5:34 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Have you tried deactivating DVS expansion with CDJ's in HID.

Ahhh. I know pre-DVS expansion it wasn't possible as I couldn't get Smart Sync on with the CDJ900s as I wanted to sync my SP-6 but they could have fixed it now.

I had to use them with the SL3 plugged in (which I forgot to mention).
Caley Martin 6:22 PM - 10 November, 2015
+1
julian T 7:28 PM - 10 November, 2015
This would be wonderful if Serato made this an available expansion pack for purchase. I am 100% sure that Serato would receive an extreme amount of purchases as a result!
katmoda 2:06 PM - 12 November, 2015
+1
julian T 12:51 PM - 13 November, 2015
+1
Despo 1:08 PM - 13 November, 2015
Quote:
This would be wonderful if Serato made this an available expansion pack for purchase. I am 100% sure that Serato would receive an extreme amount of purchases as a result!

should be free
julian T 12:24 AM - 16 November, 2015
I agree but if it isn't I'm sure people would pay.
julian T 12:25 AM - 16 November, 2015
+1+1+1+1
maarawoe 3:14 PM - 16 November, 2015
Quote:
I agree but if it isn't I'm sure people would pay.

I personally wouldn't pay for that as long as its a built in feature for the controllers but not for the dvs...
Panotaker 12:22 AM - 22 December, 2015
+1
Padzilla 9:02 AM - 22 December, 2015
+1
farrell 6:46 PM - 22 December, 2015
+1
DJ-Sven 7:35 AM - 28 December, 2015
+1
Djkom 10:44 AM - 28 December, 2015
Serato needs more +1 to bring this "feature" ???? Just to activate a simple button ???
Really ????

Serato is slowly dying for DVS users...RIP SSL, RIP Tempo Matching, RIP SP6 sync with DVS, RIP pad modes activation with multiple controllers....more and more issues/frustrations

Serato prefers developing music subscription service (pulselocker), dummy application (pyro)...
deejdave 9:11 PM - 28 December, 2015
Quote:
RIP SP6 sync with DVS, RIP pad modes activation with multiple controllers

Not sure how things that never existed could RIP :)

While overall I agree with you and I wish it weren't so it is no secret that there is not much money to be made from DVS users.

"TT user finally makes the jump to DVS. They fall in love with SL4 box and use the SAME mixer and SAME TT's for life and they then expect the software they jumped onto those many years ago to work for this SAME setup forever."

How often is this story played out? I can say it is not all that uncommon in my experience. Of course this is a generalization. I am also NOT saying they are cheap they just stick to what they know and what works. While this is great and all for them it is a hardware/software developers worst nightmare. Keep in mind the best customer is NOT a "loyal" customer who has been using an SL3 since god knows when................ it is a return customer. These facts suck I know but they still seem to be facts nonetheless.

All that being said I am in NO way disagreeing with you. I DO think Smart Sync should be available for ALL users. So should SP6 Sync............. etc.
Djkom 1:05 AM - 29 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
RIP SP6 sync with DVS, RIP pad modes activation with multiple controllers

Not sure how things that never existed could RIP :)

While overall I agree with you and I wish it weren't so it is no secret that there is not much money to be made from DVS users.

"TT user finally makes the jump to DVS. They fall in love with SL4 box and use the SAME mixer and SAME TT's for life and they then expect the software they jumped onto those many years ago to work for this SAME setup forever."

How often is this story played out? I can say it is not all that uncommon in my experience. Of course this is a generalization. I am also NOT saying they are cheap they just stick to what they know and what works. While this is great and all for them it is a hardware/software developers worst nightmare. Keep in mind the best customer is NOT a "loyal" customer who has been using an SL3 since god knows when................ it is a return customer. These facts suck I know but they still seem to be facts nonetheless.

All that being said I am in NO way disagreeing with you. I DO think Smart Sync should be available for ALL users. So should SP6 Sync............. etc.

Yeah for those "features", RIP is not the correct...I should have use "stillborn" features.
For me these features are legitimate (I've also bought the DVS plugin for the AMX even if I've already got a Rane TTM) so hearing Serato saying they need us more "+1" sounds like a really bad joke even contempt. This is a clear proof that DVS users are not Serato priorities
deejdave 1:22 AM - 29 December, 2015
In all fairness I am not sure if it is a necessity to know it is wanted more than it is a method to prioritize. If they know whats good for them they best have these on the road map regardless.
Mr Wilks 2:20 AM - 29 December, 2015
The SP-6 and it's lacking of Smart Sync was very frustrating when I use mixers that don't have Club Kit compatibility as the SL3 had to be used and that instantly turns off Smart Sync.

I had a 900 Nexus and two CDJ 2000s at my disposal and up until early this year we couldn't have Smart Sync as you can't turn off a DVS plugin on the SL3. I also used it with a DJM 800 and DJM 700 and all with the same results... no Smart Sync.

There should be a basic check that states if you're using CDJs in HID internal mode so we should be able to use Smart Sync.

The codebase is there and really should have a on/off trigger so the SS option doesn't grey out when using INT mode, regardless of DVS sound card. The AMX suffers from this too but you can turn that off in the plugin. It should be smarter.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 4:21 AM - 3 January, 2016
Quote:
are you finding yourself running out of downbeat markers ?
i cant seem to grid a James Brown or Donna Summer record without running out of downbeat markers. I usually grid every bar .

I suggest that you place markers ONLY in the section(s) where you will mix in or mix out. Gridding the entire song doesn't make much sense unless you're mixing the 2 tracks during the entire song. Also, some of the older songs will change the beat up on you and it will seem like the beatgrid is off because everything has shifted from "the one"...
acemc 4:55 AM - 3 January, 2016
Hence the tempo matching display!!
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 3:46 PM - 3 January, 2016
The tempo matching display wouldn't work with this situation. I agree with Serato that it's not needed...
acemc 4:23 PM - 3 January, 2016
Sorry. You're right. I posted in the wrong place. Lol!
Le Frique 6:31 PM - 3 January, 2016
Quote:

+1
spike12 10:05 PM - 6 January, 2016
+1 DVS smart sync please!! so useful for the sp6
julian T 5:25 AM - 11 January, 2016
+1 +1 +1
DJ Deividi 8:53 PM - 21 January, 2016
+1
DJ Deividi 8:58 PM - 21 January, 2016
simples Sync is Bad!
Beat Grid is also confused by several Music
NIckStyles 5:24 AM - 1 February, 2016
+1
Coxy 2:33 PM - 3 February, 2016
+1
JackInBeats 4:31 AM - 8 March, 2016
+1
dj zektor7 4:15 PM - 19 April, 2016
+1
DJ Boom Bap 6:25 PM - 20 April, 2016
+1
&Midge 7:42 PM - 21 April, 2016
+1
clemens 9:15 PM - 30 May, 2016
+1!
Locher 9:37 AM - 2 June, 2016
+1

I am using an DJM-850 and 2 Midi Controllers steht this time. Blut in the future I want to be able to play with my Denon DS1 and the 2 Midi Controllers. But this is not possible with Smart Sync. This sucks!!!
Mr Wilks 10:31 AM - 2 June, 2016
Quote:
+1

I am using an DJM-850 and 2 Midi Controllers steht this time. Blut in the future I want to be able to play with my Denon DS1 and the 2 Midi Controllers. But this is not possible with Smart Sync. This sucks!!!

Exactly this!
stratoferris 1:50 AM - 6 June, 2016
+1 - This is pretty lame we don't have this option already! Serato - How can we perform live remixes without this option - And without a Midi clock how long can we sit back and watch Traktor have these options and not be wondering if we should jump ship? Why not release some beta software for us to try on a weekly basis? How about opening up SSL for club mixers to tie us over?
clemens 11:14 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
+1 - This is pretty lame we don't have this option already!

Absolutely true!

Plus it would make a great addition to the usabilty of our SL3s / SL4s if we could use two channels in the normal vinyl-controlled DVS function and the remaining one or two channels internally, with them being smart-synced to one master channel and controlled by, for example, a DDJ-SP1.
Natty D 8:24 PM - 5 October, 2016
Got an email from Serato about a week ago confirming that smart sync for all DVS systems is being worked on for a future update. Although I didn't get a timeline. This excites me greatly.
Natty D 9:20 PM - 5 October, 2016
...daaaaang.
Well...
+1
Locher 5:48 PM - 6 October, 2016
+1

Please take care about this feature. In my case I will be happy if it would be possible the deactivate DVS Control when i play with my Denon DS1, DDJ-SP1 and CDJs HID mode. Without DVS -> SmartSync! Hardware activated DVS is a big disadvantage.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:00 PM - 9 October, 2016
Hey Locher,

You can turn off CD/VINYL control under the SETUP/EXPANSIONS PACK tab which would then allow you to connect CDJs in HID mode and use Smart Sync IF you own hardware that is DVS upgradable.

Thanks
Jamie
Locher 11:15 PM - 9 October, 2016
I know about the settings but you can't deactivate DVS if you use a interface like the Denon DS1 or the Pioneer DUM-900SRT. When i play with my DJM-850 or my DDJ-SZ i can deactivate DVS. Please give us the option to deactivate DVS on interfaces with hardware activated DVS feature.
Caley Martin 9:06 PM - 30 January, 2017
serato.com

BOOM!
mixjockey 12:58 AM - 8 February, 2017
Quote:
Hey Locher,

You can turn off CD/VINYL control under the SETUP/EXPANSIONS PACK tab which would then allow you to connect CDJs in HID mode and use Smart Sync IF you own hardware that is DVS upgradable.
Thanks
Jamie

Hey Jamie!
Could you perhaps give us the opportunity to deactivate DVS on DVS-enabled Hardware like the Rane Mixers? So we could work in "controller-like" HID mode, with smart sync available; - Or otherwise with DVS Mode and simple Sync.
Maybe this could be implemented much faster an would be a good workaraound for the most of us, at least for a while...
Thank you!

P.S: Aah, hey Locher! Now i understand: You are talking about DVS-"enabled" hardware v.s. DVS-"upgradable" hardware. I think we are talking about the same. Thank you, too! Great Idea!
deejdave 1:07 AM - 8 February, 2017
Quote:
Could you perhaps give us the opportunity to deactivate DVS on DVS-enabled Hardware like the Rane Mixers?

Quote:
mixjockey 1:14 AM - 8 February, 2017
Yes, and? If you would read carefully... -> a lot of hardware simply isnĀ“t DVS-upgradeable, but is DVS-enabled hardware and therefore simply doesnt have such a button where you can turn off CD/Vinyl control. ->Which i suggest to implement...
deejdave 1:35 AM - 8 February, 2017
Ahh yah missed that one!! My bad. I do remember seeing an explanation as to why this was (not an option) but I would be curious to see if it still applies and if so can it be worked around. My apologies though carry on :)
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:12 AM - 8 February, 2017
Hey Mixjockey,

Whats your main reason for wanting to turn off DVS for a DVS enabled device?
Smart Sync? If so thats just been added to Serato DJ 1.9.6 BETA :)

Thanks
Jamie
mixjockey 6:34 PM - 8 February, 2017
Hey Jamie!
Aah, ouh! Thats great!
Thats the good news we have been wating for!
Thank you!