Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Key Shifting Demo w/ Nick from Serato HQ

9:13 PM, 20 Oct 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
simarrobert@hotmail.com 11:20 AM - 22 October, 2015
simar robert
littleredbeetle 10:10 PM - 22 October, 2015
I'm so stinkin' excited for these features. Any official word on final release date?
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 3:40 PM - 23 October, 2015
Not sold on Serato's key detection just yet. I need some solid documentation on how it compares to MIK or KeyFinder before I commit to using it full time. Great job serato for allowing the key color and key shift options on whatever choice of key software we choose to use.
Titan721 2:25 PM - 25 October, 2015
I'm with Angel. Once some numbers start rolling in about how good the algorithm is, then people can start making choices about whether to use the native key detection or keep using MiK or thier software of choice. I would imagine it might take a few updates to get it really bang on, especially when you start getting to certain genres. Anyways, I'm still excited for a new update as I'm hoping we finally see official windows 10 support. I'd like to snag a free license before I spend some cash on an SSD and do a dj laptop overhaul.
Dj Owe 6:06 PM - 26 October, 2015
i have been testing the beta and mapped the key sync and also the key parameters but i cant seem to hear any difference in the sound of the track like how nick is doing in this video. any thing that i may have missed?
Dj Owe 6:08 PM - 26 October, 2015
never mind that previous comment i just restarted and re opned the app and have it. having fun with this thanks guys please i need this for my sp1 to be mapped also as most clubs in australia only have pioneer mixers
OmixDJ 8:11 PM - 28 October, 2015
mi consulta es por que no funciona el link para poder probarlo.
Davideon 8:16 AM - 2 November, 2015
Not a good video at all. Why can't manufacturers release videos that show features in a normal way. I was interested in this feature but that sounded awful
DJ Day Won 6:59 PM - 2 November, 2015
I've been using Serato with the latest update for the last couple nights. The key detection appears to be on point. But to be honest, I wish the pitch shift function used more subtle increments. Moving even one click either way is a bit too drastic of a key shift for my personal taste.
Stijn Devos 12:14 PM - 23 September, 2016
How about key tags to Pulslocker files stored offline. Will this be possible in the future?