Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Looking 4 Video Mixing/Remixing/Editing Software Recommendations???

EMC33 11:02 PM - 17 October, 2015
Hi All,

I just started acquiring remixed videos for my sets and am really interested in trying out myself. Can anyone please recommend software that I might consider for use.

Thanks,
Eddie
DJ.WAZZA.AU 4:09 AM - 18 October, 2015
Mac or P.c
EMC 6:03 PM - 18 October, 2015
Mac. Also any recommendations for MP3 music mixing software would be appreciated. I came from using Acid Pro, but not Mac compatible.
Code:E 8:52 PM - 18 October, 2015
ableton
EMC33 2:59 AM - 21 October, 2015
Ableton for music but what about videos???
DJ.WAZZA.AU 5:51 AM - 21 October, 2015
Final Cut Pro X
DJ Baby Boy 6:15 AM - 22 October, 2015
Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere for video ... I personally use Final Cut but have a buddy who uses Premiere and really likes it
EMC33 10:31 PM - 23 October, 2015
Hi DJ Baby Boy,

Thanks. Since, I new to this, which one would be easiest to learn and use initially?
DJ Baby Boy 11:31 PM - 23 October, 2015
There's a learning curve to both of them but I did find Final Cut is what worked for me
DJMark 6:18 AM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Thanks. Since, I new to this, which one would be easiest to learn and use initially?

I think you'd find Final Cut Pro X much easier to "learn and use initially".

Also you're not having to "rent it for life". Honestly that's something I object to so strongly I don't use any of the Adobe products for that one reason alone.

FCPX has come a long long way since Apple first released it (prematurely) a few years ago.
dj aftashok1 6:44 AM - 28 October, 2015
audio edits with ableton live, video edits with FCPX
works great for me!!
lots of tutorials on youtube to get you started on both
check out the FCPX cookbook by jason cox, a great book that will get you started video editing
EMC 11:11 PM - 2 November, 2015
So your saying if I want mix/remix videos like those you can purchase for DJing in Serato, Final Cut Pro is the way to go?
BR 0731 2:01 AM - 15 January, 2020
Joyoshare media cutter. It has quite a few but still basic functions.
Plus, it's easy to learn and provides tons of tutorial.