Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Echo vs Reckordbox Echo

teemac111 2:35 PM - 14 October, 2015
Its really sad that Pioneer has got the echo effect right on the first try and after all these complaints & updates SDJ's echo still sounds like crap
DJ Fluke 613 2:59 PM - 14 October, 2015
Can you somehow record the two? I'm curious. I know sdjs echo is farrrr better than itch, but I don't know anything outside of this.
Konix 3:10 PM - 14 October, 2015
Basically all the Rekordbox effects sound (almost) exactly like they do on Pioneer DJM mixers, which is what many people want.

You get this "complaint" a lot with Serato DJ's effect.

i.e. "I just want the echo/flanger to sound like the DJM-900's"
teemac111 3:25 PM - 14 October, 2015
I guess its just frustrating because SSL's echo was just fine so I cant understand how Serato cant fix the problem..we've been complaining about it from day 1
Konix 3:29 PM - 14 October, 2015
Can't really compare the two though (or three?). Scratch Live's effects were made in-house by Serato (AFAIK), SDJ's effects are made by Izotope.
teemac111 3:39 PM - 14 October, 2015
Thats the problem...fire Izotope and hand it back to AFAIK
soul63 3:59 PM - 14 October, 2015
echo in serato is pretty poor..compared to ramp delay in traktor there is no contest.much smoover and usable than serato echo.just to much distortion
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:44 PM - 14 October, 2015
I know Serato big up Izotope but i agree i think there effects are shit sound well crap and the volume dips or goes louder when you engage an efx i stopped using them long ago.
J.J. 6:57 PM - 14 October, 2015
Not only did SSL echo sound better, you could adjust 3 different parameters while combing them with 2 (or 5) other effects. Why would I want a filter and distortion on my echo ON by default?

When are we going to see a proper echo?
Big Pops 9:40 PM - 14 October, 2015
This is a issue since ITCH and then Serato DJ with IZotope , I have all the FX Packs and may be there is only a hand full that i use.
Give us SSL FX and we would be very happy.
SirForce 5:26 PM - 10 April, 2016
Maybe they're working on porting the SSL Rollout effect first before fixing Echo Out. Fingers crossed. Either way fixing or adding it's a win!
DJ Tecniq 12:13 AM - 11 April, 2016
They merged Itch with Scratchlive to create SDJ. That's why it's so shitty. Echo Out works beautifully on Scratchlive. SDJ is distorted at random times. I would never pay for any of the new FX if they don't fix the echo in SDJ it's clear they don't give a shit. We have a right to be disappointed and deserve a working product with a decent echo out.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:44 AM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
They merged Itch with Scratchlive to create SDJ. That's why it's so shitty. Echo Out works beautifully on Scratchlive. SDJ is distorted at random times. I would never pay for any of the new FX if they don't fix the echo in SDJ it's clear they don't give a shit. We have a right to be disappointed and deserve a working product with a decent echo out.

itch was a clone of SSL for controllers only,

SDJ was developed for controllers only at the start but from what appears to be a rift in the relationship between serato and rane, serato decided to discontinued the scratch live brand as rane probably had some licensing over the source code so to get around it a new platform had to be developed aka SDJ, as SDJ came many years after SSL the talented developers that designed it have moved on and that's why SDJ is inferior to SSL in my opinion
Dj Owe 7:48 AM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Can't really compare the two though (or three?). Scratch Live's effects were made in-house by Serato (AFAIK), SDJ's effects are made by Izotope.

i guess they need to call up the old mates and implement there fx work into sdj because not many people like izotopes work. to this day many people are still asking for the SSL fx
Dj Owe 7:50 AM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

itch was a clone of SSL for controllers only,

SDJ was developed for controllers only at the start but from what appears to be a rift in the relationship between serato and rane, serato decided to discontinued the scratch live brand as rane probably had some licensing over the source code so to get around it a new platform had to be developed aka SDJ, as SDJ came many years after SSL the talented developers that designed it have moved on and that's why SDJ is inferior to SSL in my opinion

that makes all this stuff alot more understandable
soul63 8:06 AM - 11 April, 2016
cant see much being done about it..a lot of izotope effects are poor in my opinion..the sweep is so loud like a jumbo taking off..pre listen is really needed.i hook traktor up to amx in thru mode and pre listen to the effects within traktor..pre listen wont improve the quality of the effect of course but at least you may be able to pick a spot n the track to tweak the effect