Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Static Issue with brand new DDJ-SB2

Chase5050 3:55 AM - 5 October, 2015
Hey,
So I just bought a brand new DDJ-SB2 controller today, came home to set it up, plugged in speakers and plugged controller into the computer and instantly there was an annoying static noise coming out of the speakers. I tried using all the USB ports and even another computer but the issue persisted. I also tested the speakers without going through the controller and they were fine. So im not sure if I need to take the controller back and get another one or if theres something I can do? I am using an RCA to male aux cord to the speakers but have also tried an RCA both ways and it made no difference.
Pavan 12:11 PM - 10 March, 2016
I have the same issue. I'm connected to receiver and when I plug in the sb2 to the computer even when serato isn't open, a constant white noise is always playing. Please can you tell me a fix? It only started renectly
DJ Tecniq 7:41 AM - 16 March, 2016
Windows or Mac? Have you updated drivers/firmware?
Nieche 8:06 PM - 5 July, 2016
I know this is late, but have you tried turning the mic level down on the sb2?
Omfgdevin 2:14 AM - 15 December, 2016
Quote:

This fixed my white noise issue.

Thank you so much.. Any recommendations for a mic for the sb2?
Mistercucumber 1:20 AM - 22 January, 2017
Hey guys i got a ddj sb2 as well and I have the same issue, i turned the mic level down to the lowest and i can barely hear the white noise but it is still very faintly there, is there a way to disable this completely?
Omfgdevin 1:35 AM - 22 January, 2017
Mistercucumber. The noise is always there for me if I have my monitor gain turned above -4 or -6. Try reducing gain if you have speakers like that. I still can keep adjust my controller volume to quite loud levels that way
DJ Tecniq 2:08 AM - 22 January, 2017
Interesting I got the SB2 but haven't tested the mic yet. Will let yahll know
Mistercucumber 4:11 AM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
Interesting I got the SB2 but haven't tested the mic yet. Will let yahll know

i'm not using the mic at all, there is nothing plugged into it, it just produced a low faint white noise :(
Omfgdevin 4:19 AM - 22 January, 2017
What kind of speakers are you using? What soundcard?
Mistercucumber 10:06 PM - 29 January, 2017
Quote:
What kind of speakers are you using? What soundcard?

I have 2 yamaha hs8s and a ddj sb2 as soundcard connected to a macbook air
Omfgdevin 11:31 PM - 29 January, 2017
Okay so I don't know why I asked about the soundcard lol. The ddjsb2 has one in it. You'll definitely need to turn the gain down on the studio monitors
Mistercucumber 7:55 PM - 15 February, 2017
Hey devin,

Yeah, i found turning down the gain on the monitors helped but then what if i want to play louder on the monitors? what would you suggest in that case?

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Okay so I don't know why I asked about the soundcard lol. The ddjsb2 has one in it. You'll definitely need to turn the gain down on the studio monitors
Logisticalstyles 8:57 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:

My SB2 recently started hissing and I could not figure it out. Admittedly this is due to me not using it very often. Now I have a new bar gig that requires me to use it and I want to figure this out. I've never used the mic on the SB2 but I may have inadvertently turned the knob up. I'll have to check this out tonight.
Logisticalstyles 2:44 PM - 2 March, 2017
Sure enough, the mic was the source of the loud hiss. I can't believe I didn't think to check the mic volume.
Mistercucumber 6:41 PM - 20 March, 2017
Quote:
Sure enough, the mic was the source of the loud hiss. I can't believe I didn't think to check the mic volume.

I turned the mic down on mine and it still had the hiss, how did you manage to make it go away ?
Logisticalstyles 11:22 PM - 20 March, 2017
The mic volume was turned up. I turned it down.
DJ Tecniq 3:32 AM - 21 March, 2017
Quote:
The mic volume was turned up. I turned it down.
Same here I found there's quite a buzzing sound even without a mic plugged in when the mic volume is up. Other then that decent controller recorded a 2 hour set with it no issues. Wish the mic wasn't such a concern but hey it's a cheap deck.
Mistercucumber 7:54 PM - 21 March, 2017
I turned it down all the way and it still makes noise, its the mic level on the side right? (where you plug in your head phones, there's a tiny knob)

I turned that knob down as low as it goes and the white noise is definitely fainter but it's still there, any suggestions? this noise doesn't show up if i connect the speakers to my record player
Logisticalstyles 8:00 PM - 21 March, 2017
How high is your master volume? And how high are your gains? Neither of those should be maxed out.
Mistercucumber 8:02 PM - 21 March, 2017
my gains on the monitors are 1/3 of the way from max and my master volume is between 1/4 to 1/2
Mistercucumber 8:04 PM - 21 March, 2017
to clarify, i mean on the monitors they are about 30% of max
Laz219 11:43 PM - 21 March, 2017
I believe he was referring to your channel gains, what are they set to?
DJ Tecniq 3:20 AM - 22 March, 2017
The channel gains on the SB2 I'm assuming.
smshndash 12:24 AM - 23 September, 2017
I had this same issue....twist the mic level knob on the left side. I was getting some reverb from this knob possibly due to a short. You may be having the same issue. I completely removed that knob bc i never use a mic.
sun_link 7:05 PM - 16 January, 2018
Hello everyone, sorry to "Revive " this old thread.

I had the same issue happening suddenly. Turned down the mic gain, but after a while (I think) it came back, with mic lvl at the minimum. I realized if I pressed on the button (have no idea why though) THE NOISE STOPS COMPLETELY.

Soooooooooooooo... Long story short I have a piece of tape on my controller now. Hope it can help someone.

Léo
DJBIGNICK1976 8:23 AM - 12 May, 2018
I purchased a backup SB2 from GC and same problem as sun_link. I ended up taking a glue gun to hold knob down. It works...seems like a hardware issue that Pioneer should be recalling. Just sayin....
DJ StewCrew 2:41 AM - 30 May, 2018
Hey guys I have the same issue...I even bought a DI Box, but found out it didn't work. So I returned it. So tonight I'm going to try that Mic knob...I use the DDJSB2 along with a Zed6Fx mixer and Mackie Thump 15 speakers...also one more question but I'll make a new question...look for it guys..thanks..let you know if this works..much appreciated.
Ainsey 6:55 PM - 21 December, 2018
Hi guys not to sure if I'm getting the same as you but while I'm playing for no reason at all the speakers start to pop scream and crackel. This can be on and off for a few seconds to 30 mins.
It might happen only once quietly or very loud.
Please help .
Thanks and merry Christmas
DJ StewCrew 10:12 PM - 21 December, 2018
What type of speakers? I have powered Mackie...I turned down my levels..also don't put your phone next to mixer. For some reason I got feedback.
Ainsey 10:49 PM - 21 December, 2018
I've just bought some LD MAUI 5
DJ StewCrew 12:01 AM - 22 December, 2018
Now I remember why my speakers made the hissing noise..on your controller is the headphone & Mic volume control...turn them completely down..I use a separate mixer and the hissing stopped...
DJ Tecniq 5:45 PM - 22 December, 2018
Turn the mic volume down all the way for some reason the SB2 has static sound when the mic level is turned up. It’s highly noticeable without a microphone even plugged in too. Every user of the SB2 has complained about it. But your issue sounds different. Try diff audio cables they may just be shot.
DJ StewCrew 7:23 PM - 22 December, 2018
Hmmm...sounds good
Ainsey 8:54 AM - 23 December, 2018
The mic is down and I've replaced the cable's and the problem is still there I might get the decks checked for a fault
DJ StewCrew 2:54 PM - 23 December, 2018
Yeah..and it's a DDJ-SB2? That's all I could think of from the trouble I had. Good luck & Merry Christmas..if you find out what it was..could you please post.. Thanks
Ainsey 2:56 PM - 23 December, 2018
Will do and merry Christmas to you