Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

New DDJ-SB2 Controller Issue

Chase5050 1:08 AM - 5 October, 2015
Hey,
So I just bought a brand new DDJ-SB2 controller today, brought it home and downloaded the driver for it, plugged speakers in and plugged the controller into the computer and instantly there is a static noise coming from the speakers. I tested all the USB ports along with another computer and the static noise is still there I also tested the speakers and they dont make the noise unless they are plugged into the controller. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to take it back and get another one?
Thanks in advance.
pantelis79 10:02 PM - 22 October, 2015
Hi I have also the same issue withe the noise, any answers?
thanks in advance
dadoudidon 10:05 PM - 9 November, 2015
The same for me, I have some static sound. tested on 3 different computers
BiggTone408 3:21 AM - 2 March, 2017
Did you guys solve this issue?
Logisticalstyles 5:54 PM - 2 March, 2017
For me it turned out that I had the microphone turned all the way up. That was causing a hissing noise.
BiggTone408 5:06 PM - 4 March, 2017
Quote:
For me it turned out that I had the microphone turned all the way up. That was causing a hissing noise.

nice! thinking about buying 1 for my smaller gigs...are you happy with it?
Logisticalstyles 2:40 PM - 11 March, 2017
Yeah, I'm happy with it but I think I may have already outgrown it. I wish I would have gotten the SR instead.
DJ Tecniq 6:12 AM - 30 April, 2017
Got an SB2 as well I think it's a defect even with the mic volume below half way I can hear a slight buzz. Don't turn it up all the way cause you'll def hear it but it's not as noticeable when the mic volume is a cpl notches high. So far every user I've talked to have this same buzzing sound with the mic and it doesn't even need to be on so it's an issue. I wonder if the original SB is the same way🤔
Milos Cejovic 6:58 PM - 25 May, 2017
Hi.
I have Sonic Gear Armagedon 5 speakers ( 2.1 ) from 2008. They work even today :)
And I think that you have a problem that I had.
Maybe your speaker are old ( like mine ) and you put jack in and out like thousand times, so try to put jack into speakers very slowly, but turn on the music, so you can hear it. You will see on jack 2 lines. One is for right monitor and second one is for left monitor, and between last one and "the end" you can probably find a contact so you will have clear sound.

Try it :) Maybe it could help. And dont go on max volume... then you will hear static sound, ofcourse!!
DJ. L.A. Styles 12:31 PM - 31 August, 2017
Hi did any one find a solution to this, I'm noticing the same issue once the SB2 is connected to the laptop, lot's of static sound coming from speaker.
DJ Tecniq 5:06 PM - 31 August, 2017
Quote:
Hi did any one find a solution to this, I'm noticing the same issue once the SB2 is connected to the laptop, lot's of static sound coming from speaker.
Turn your mic volume all the way down. Also better quality rca cables will help.
DJ. L.A. Styles 6:17 PM - 31 August, 2017
okay i will try that, thank you for the info, I also call pioneer today and support said it could be the radio inside is bad and I should bring it back to the retailer I purchase it from.
DJ Tecniq 7:58 PM - 31 August, 2017
Quote:
okay i will try that, thank you for the info, I also call pioneer today and support said it could be the radio inside is bad and I should bring it back to the retailer I purchase it from.
Haven't seen to many defects with the SB2 but I do know the microphone level will cause quite a bit of static if it's turned up even w/o mic plugged in so try that first cause I don't really hear the static noise when my mic level is down all the way.
DJ. L.A. Styles 1:55 PM - 1 September, 2017
Hey yes I tried what you mention and it work, I'm so much happier thank again, not sure what happen when I'm ready to use the mic, I will try it out with minimum mic volume and increase as needed to see what happen.

Thank!
DJ Tecniq 2:05 PM - 1 September, 2017
Quote:
Hey yes I tried what you mention and it work, I'm so much happier thank again, not sure what happen when I'm ready to use the mic, I will try it out with minimum mic volume and increase as needed to see what happen.

Thank!
Great to hear unfortunately that's a main issue I've heard with the SB2 it's a cheap deck so I guess we get what we pay for😕
DJ. L.A. Styles 3:26 PM - 1 September, 2017
yes so true, I'm only intend to use mine for those small house gig etc, it's very portable in terms of weight etc. I have a second set but it's much heavier to carry around all the time. nevertheless Good luck with yours .
#DJ 3:45 AM - 12 July, 2019
Hey guys, I have a DDJ SB2 controller I have never really had any issue with the unit until the other day when I connected the controller to my laptop and I notice the lights on the unit only came up half way then it flash off. I cant connect to my laptop, its as if the laptop is recognizing the controller or vice-versa.

can anyone help with this issue, any advice? it would be highly appreciated