DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Looks like Rekordbox is having issues already.

LilSwann 3:14 PM - 1 October, 2015
Just waking up this morning and seen the email from Pioneer DJ but then checked out my Youtube subscriptions and saw this

Watchwww.youtube.com
Davideon 3:45 PM - 1 October, 2015
Could be his laptop.

Plus analysing all your files in the background d isn't what you'd do when really using the software. Why not analyse than all first and then start playing so the cpu isn't getting ragged
LilSwann 3:55 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Could be his laptop.

Plus analysing all your files in the background d isn't what you'd do when really using the software. Why not analyse than all first and then start playing so the cpu isn't getting ragged

True with that being the case they (Pioneer) shouldn't even allow that to happen while you are in the Performance mode. Kinda like how it works in another DJ software (SDJ)
Dj Bema 9:34 PM - 1 October, 2015
its not his laptop MBP retina 2015 here and the latency on hid is Nasty
4mydawgz 9:07 PM - 2 October, 2015
that's probably why in serato you cant do both.
LilSwann 9:23 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
that's probably why in serato you cant do both.

This
Dj Bema 10:01 PM - 2 October, 2015
It has nothing to do with the analysis
LilSwann 10:13 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the analysis

I was going to ask you if you was doing the same thing as the guy in the video as far as analyzing in the background......I guess this answers my question
Dj Bema 11:29 PM - 2 October, 2015
Yeah well no i tried the regular way with cdj2000nxs and xdj1000 ... same shit .. can't scratch
LilSwann 12:19 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Yeah well no i tried the regular way with cdj2000nxs and xdj1000 ... same shit .. can't scratch

Well that sucks doesn't seem to be a nice start for Rekordbox DJ......kinda weird too how hardware (CDJs) from Pioneer can't display waveforms and track info from their own software :/
DJ Jonasty 7:34 AM - 3 October, 2015
"Lowest latency in the industry" oh right
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:01 PM - 3 October, 2015
Do you realize how many issues the different versions of Serato had when they all came out? Go do some research and you will see it was massive.

Stop crying and give them some time to get everything patched.
Dj Bema 6:09 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Do you realize how many issues the different versions of Serato had when they all came out? Go do some research and you will see it was massive.

Stop crying and give them some time to get everything patched.

True
PopRoXxX 7:45 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:

This! +100 LOL

But in reality: Serato has years on Pioneer in the software area. LOTS of years. Pioneer is new to all this, I get it. But don't come out saying "We have achieved the lowest latency for DJ'ing software" before your product even hits the public shelves. That's a big thing to say right away, because look who looks dumb now ...... Pioneer. smh
Davideon 7:49 PM - 3 October, 2015
What does lowest latency mean in reality? Sdj can do 1ms. It's just a gimmick
PopRoXxX 8:07 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
What does lowest latency mean in reality? Sdj can do 1ms. It's just a gimmick

Exactly my point. Just spewing BS from the mouth to get attention. Shame on you Pioneer. Hahahaha!
freshadon 7:45 PM - 4 October, 2015
NO latency problems with my DDJSR + Rekordbox DJ :)
al83 8:14 PM - 4 October, 2015
they'll have a big job on their hands getting the software to work flawlessly and reliably that is so feature rich on the first version. will take around a year i reckon for the program to be properly reliable.
BriChi 12:04 AM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:

they're talking about with their new controllers like the RX and RZ, not with hardware thats 3 years old

I have the 2000 Nexus and the latency when scratching is bad but I am sure they will tighten it up, its the first release, i wouldn't expect it to be perfect
PopRoXxX 6:26 PM - 5 October, 2015
It's just so funny to me to see ALL these users on here that were saying "oh look, Serato is going to be dead" / "Pioneer is putting Serato in their place" / "I'm jumping ship as soon as RBDJ comes out, because SDJ sucks and RBDJ is going to be the best" blah blah blah, so on and so on.

Now it's out with all the bugs and crappy latency, those same users are now saying "you've got to give it time, it's the first version" / "pioneer is new to the game, give them a chance to fix it" / "it works on my very small controller fine, just not any of my bigger platter equipment" (where latency really matters)

This just gets a big 'LMAO' from me
PopRoXxX 6:26 PM - 5 October, 2015
And this is just paraphrasing from all the users in the many different RBDJ threads on this forum. No one in particular, but just so DAMN FUNNY!!!
Davideon 6:30 PM - 5 October, 2015
Pioneer were dead when technics launched the dl-z1200
BriChi 11:05 PM - 5 October, 2015
LOL, anyone that expected version 1 of any software to be perfect and jump shit is clueless on how software is developed and released. no one should be jumping ship for quit some time. For me, I jumped ship many years ago when i bought the first 2000's but still visit the serato forum from time to time to see whats up
HarrisonC 7:36 AM - 25 August, 2016
Well I'v just purchased rekordbox Dj as I was thinking of upgrading to a xdj rx , so I wanted to try it out and already encountered a problem with the sound as you have turn all the gain knobs nearly on full to get the levels right on my Ddj sr and they boast of this amazing sound it produces ? Well I'm kinder glad I'v done this as of now I put serato back on and the sound is absolutely amazing crystal clear 3D sound pumping out my speakers hearing every single instrument perfect where as on RB there is a big difference , God bless I'm back in love with Serato Dj