DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best DJ Video Pool

Johnny.S 12:05 AM - 25 September, 2015
I am looking for a video pool for videos? I can't find any good ones? I currently on mymp3pool but I am looking for something else or something I don't know

Thanks
djnak 3:44 PM - 25 September, 2015
www.smashvision.net (all around open format, hip hop, edm ect ect...)

www.avdistrict.net (Edm and Remixes)

pretty much all you need right there...
Β 6 5:07 PM - 25 September, 2015
Xtenda is one of the best...

nm
Davideon 5:14 PM - 25 September, 2015
Β 6 5:16 PM - 25 September, 2015
Quote:
serato.com

He's asking for the best...
djnak 6:44 PM - 26 September, 2015
Quote:

hence why I already answered....

Quote:
www.smashvision.net (all around open format, hip hop, edm ect ect...)

Nobody comes close quality wise NOBODY...true 1080p edits, remastered oldies in HD (720P) or "qHD" at 540P ....

Multiple edits of most videos... Singles / Introedits / short cut / aca in,outs / acapellas, /Ultimix,funkymix edits ....

Now don't get me wrong xtenda is DOPE and by NO means am I knocking them...huge library, they are able to find some obscure stuff...

but that being said if you want the best and highest quality Smash is the way to go...
djnak 6:45 PM - 26 September, 2015
Both Smash and Xtenda can compliment each other very well signing up for both never hurt...I rocked that combo for years
Johnny.S 6:46 PM - 26 September, 2015
Thanks much guys =)
Davideon 6:57 PM - 26 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

Best rarely exists
Β 6 8:17 PM - 26 September, 2015
Quote:
Both Smash and Xtenda can compliment each other very well signing up for both never hurt...I rocked that combo for years

Very true

nm
Β 6 8:17 PM - 26 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

Best rarely exists

Is that why your wife left you for another man? lol

I'm kidding. Relax.

nm
Code:E 8:31 PM - 26 September, 2015
Quote:

I prefer xtendamix over smash, but having both is very nice. I like ther audio on xtenda more often than not over smash. But Snipz and other tools from smash are awesome to have!
Β 6 2:17 AM - 27 September, 2015
Can't stand snipz but I do realize they're needed by some.

nm
Dj Owe 2:50 PM - 27 September, 2015
YOUTUBE 😘😘😘😘 LoL Just kidding
Β 6 3:51 PM - 27 September, 2015
Quote:

hahaha

nm
Global Music Pool 8:51 PM - 28 September, 2015
I noticed smash Vids have the best quality compared to xtendaMix But XtendaMix has more variety than Smash Vidz.
If you want more old School Videos I would go with PromoOnly.com
Code:E 9:47 PM - 28 September, 2015
Quote:
I noticed smash Vids have the best quality compared to xtendaMix But XtendaMix has more variety than Smash Vidz.

What do you mean quality? Video, audio, tags, download speeds? what do you find is better?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:37 PM - 28 September, 2015
Quote:

Does Promo Only give you the "actual original" music video? Not DJ friendly - skits and all?

Like at 1:51 in this vid? youtu.be

Kills a dancefloor?
djnak 3:51 AM - 29 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean quality?

He means Video and Audio quality ... I mean it is pretty obvious on most tracks...I understand you may like the way a certain intro sounds from xtendamix over the intro from smash, but the actual quality of the sound is better from smash(which I also assume is something like the xtenda intro is redrummed somewhat and the smash intro stays more true to the original beat), Smash puts in countless hours perfecting the quality of the product and is always ahead of the game when it comes to setting standards.... AGAIN NO DISRESPECT TO XTENDA...their product is on point, it just smash is that bit better....
Code:E 4:58 AM - 29 September, 2015
Quote:
(which I also assume is something like the xtenda intro is redrummed somewhat and the smash intro stays more true to the original beat),

I disagree. Its exactly oposite. I fucking hate re drums and use xtanda's because they dont redrum them.

Quote:
AGAIN NO DISRESPECT TO XTENDA...their product is on point, it just smash is that bit better....

Yes I'm not trying to shit on anyone either. I really like both.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:16 AM - 29 September, 2015
Quote:
Both Smash and Xtenda can compliment each other very well signing up for both never hurt...

I guess many of the forum favorite video pools have pros and cons that make it hard to choose JUST one.

After you peruse those two - also take a look at www.vjstreet.com - they have a lot of hard to find things, dj oriented unofficials and special alternate edits that you don't find in the other two pools mentioned above.

Their catalog runs deep with various genres and hard to find classics. Worth taking a look as a supplement.
djnak 2:36 PM - 29 September, 2015

really...how could yo even bring that into this convo....

1 quality is sub par

2 have known to have edits that in the past crashed serato...

3. no where near legit

I mean I could probably go on and on but...you get the drift...
Davideon 5:35 PM - 29 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Does Promo Only give you the "actual original" music video? Not DJ friendly - skits and all?

Like at 1:51 in this vid? youtu.be

Kills a dancefloor?

I don't know. I think it's originals. I can't coment on their subscription service but I bought a couple if their packs and the quality is awful. Unusable
Global Music Pool 12:47 AM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean quality? Video, audio, tags, download speeds? what do you find is better?

In terms of video quality, Very Clear
COSSO 12:38 PM - 13 September, 2016
Hi all
whats' a good vj pool for 80's & 70's Vidz?
djkulo 3:01 AM - 9 July, 2017
Quote:
Hi all
whats' a good vj pool for 80's & 70's Vidz?

Hi People any help on where to get old Music Videos that have Original & redrum, Quick Hit, Edits etc?
VideoDJ Alfred Low 8:17 AM - 12 July, 2017
provideos4djs
lvmez 10:29 PM - 12 July, 2017
Xtendamix & SV
DJ Stylez Dallas 11:15 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:

Hahahahaha Bwahahahahaha
Funklord 3:43 AM - 4 December, 2018
MX8 5:39 PM - 4 December, 2018
popnwave 6:01 PM - 4 December, 2018
Did you just cut & paste that? Also stop digging up posts that are over 1 year old you two.
MX8 6:18 PM - 4 December, 2018
Sorry I upset you Mike. I didn't realize I broke the rules. Ill go back into hiding now so you can have command and control of the forum.
Its fine fellows like you that make the forums so welcoming and accepting.
DJNativus 3:28 AM - 1 February, 2019
I just love Xtendamix and their staff is even better. They're fast with requests and their extends are well done without redrums. My main critique is only 720P videos but they are working on making newer videos 1080P.

They also have the best back catalog I've ever seen.

Credit system is a little dated but with their huge library, I get it.
WeMixVJ 5:53 PM - 4 February, 2019
Hi Folks,

I hope you're well.

You might want to check out my new service WeMix (www.wemix.eu).

We have an AMAZING back catalogue and some world-exclusive edits from VJ Partyman, which have to be seen to be believed - they really are another level and can be previewed on the website! We have BIG plans for 2019 and more of our exclusive team will be revealed soon.

When you sign up you are given free credits to try the service out for yourself before you commit to one of our fair and affordable subscription packages.

I'm here to help so please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Mark
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:08 PM - 4 February, 2019
Wemix is a scam and should not to be used
WeMixVJ 7:06 PM - 4 February, 2019
Quote:
Wemix is a scam and should not to be used

Really? Back up your wildly untrue and inaccurate claim!

We are a fully licensed and legal service, unlike some of the others mentioned above!
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:04 PM - 5 February, 2019
So what lables do you have agreements with, where are these listed on your website and which countries are these licensing agreements valid,

I await your response
WeMixVJ 7:12 PM - 5 February, 2019
You clearly have no understanding of how the video licensing/content market works...

WeMix has a blanket licence from the VPL/PPL in the UK, which allows WeMix to distribute videos on behalf of all labels signed up the VPL and it's associates throughout the EEC... So the service is legally only available to customers with an address in the EEC.

Do you see any other video service (or music service for that matter) listing all the labels on their website - perhaps you want to ask Apple Music where their list of licensed labels is?

Maybe you would now like to withdraw your ridiculous statement?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:14 PM - 5 February, 2019
Quote:

na still a scam
WeMixVJ 7:19 PM - 5 February, 2019
Y
Quote:
Quote:

na still a scam

You do make me laugh - go and troll someone else now as I have no more time to waste on you!
DJJohnnie 5:04 PM - 10 March, 2020
Too bad BPM Supreme is removing their videos and going strictly music only. They had excellent variety at a low price, but the quality of vidz are low. I'm using Smash Vision now and will look into XtendaMix. Looks like their pricing start at $35 for 40 credits. One of the most expensive pool options I've seen.
Peter Zac 5:16 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Too bad BPM Supreme is removing their videos and going strictly music only. They had excellent variety at a low price, but the quality of vidz are low. I'm using Smash Vision now and will look into XtendaMix. Looks like their pricing start at $35 for 40 credits. One of the most expensive pool options I've seen.

It's about time BPM got rid of videos. They are not a legal pool and still distributing audio illegally too. They have already removed all Sony Content (audio) and more to come soon. When you don't follow the rules, it eventually catches up to you. This is just the beginning of closing down illegal pools.

Smash Vision is also illegal. Any pool that is offering Unlimited downloads is not licensed (legal). Yes Xtendamix is one of the most expensive, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality & content and also they are licensed (legal). If you want a free trial for Xtendamix, you can use the Serato Promo. You can find it here: www.serato.com
DJJohnnie 6:19 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
It's about time BPM got rid of videos. They are not a legal pool and still distributing audio illegally too. They have already removed all Sony Content (audio) and more to come soon. When you don't follow the rules, it eventually catches up to you. This is just the beginning of closing down illegal pools.

Smash Vision is also illegal. Any pool that is offering Unlimited downloads is not licensed (legal). Yes Xtendamix is one of the most expensive, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality & content and also they are licensed (legal). If you want a free trial for Xtendamix, you can use the Serato Promo. You can find it here: www.serato.com

I've been using BPM Supreme for about 10 years. If they're not legit, why are they still in business? My guess is they took out Sony content because they didn't want to pay for the licensing to keep their subscription low? Both BPM Supreme and Smash Vision have limited 3 downloads which I like because there are occasions when my internet caused an error, and I was glad to get another chance to download.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:21 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Smash Vision is also illegal

Uh? Since when?

VJ-Pro and Smash are same company right?
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:25 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
It's about time BPM got rid of videos.

I don’t have an active sub with them but used to. They had videos of the edits (break intro, hype intro etc) which I were very useful.

Yes video quality isn’t comparable to Xtendamix and Smash, but I’m not broadcasting at Ultra 4K.
DJJohnnie 9:49 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
I don’t have an active sub with them but used to. They had videos of the edits (break intro, hype intro etc) which I were very useful.

Yes video quality isn’t comparable to Xtendamix and Smash, but I’m not broadcasting at Ultra 4K

I agree. You play it on the screen and nobody cares about the quality as long as it's clear. I also like BPM Supreme's NYE Countdown vidz. I just hope these other video pool services will offer the same thing or better since they're charging so much.
popnwave 9:59 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Smash Vision is also illegal. Any pool that is offering Unlimited downloads is not licensed (legal).

Not totally true - there are other pools such as PromoOnly that are structured the same way. VJ-Pro/Smash have existed for almost 30+ years (under a few different names due to being absorbed by a few times). And PO has been around since the 90s, and added video when they bought the library of Wolfram Video around 99/00?
sl1200 4:50 AM - 11 March, 2020
WeMix is dope but very extended intro edits, specifically the urban 90's
WeMixVJ 8:15 AM - 11 March, 2020
Thanks sl1200 - we made a few small mistakes when we started but we now have an amazing team of audio and video editors and are flying! I would say we are now definitely setting the standard as every single new video is resynced to 320kbps audio at the very least (and flac too).... Takes us longer but we are passionate about quality - both audio and video...

We have also gone back and "normalised" the audio across our whole library, which makes a BIG difference..

We rather the intros were a bit longer to allow the DJs more freedom/creativity when mixing - who doesn't love a long mix (unless you want to cut mix when all you do is set your cue point later :-) )
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:41 PM - 11 March, 2020
Quote:
Thanks sl1200 - we made a few small mistakes when we started but we now have an amazing team of audio and video editors and are flying! I would say we are now definitely setting the standard as every single new video is resynced to 320kbps audio at the very least (and flac too).... Takes us longer but we are passionate about quality - both audio and video...

We have also gone back and "normalised" the audio across our whole library, which makes a BIG difference..

We rather the intros were a bit longer to allow the DJs more freedom/creativity when mixing - who doesn't love a long mix (unless you want to cut mix when all you do is set your cue point later :-) )

Great that you paying extra attention. I did the free trial and ended up downloading a track with unwanted audio. I think it was a Scooter track. It had skits in it.
WeMixVJ 12:46 PM - 11 March, 2020
Hey Marv,

Thanks for your feedback - things have improved immeasurably since we launched - we just never had the time to quality control the entire library before launch so this allowed a bit to slip through...

You should have let us know you had an issue and we would have fixed it right away (and given you some free credits for helping us)... :-)
Winginit 1:04 PM - 11 March, 2020
I'd say WeMix is worth a look, they do Intro/Outro edits as well as some remixes and clean/explicit versions.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:13 PM - 11 March, 2020
Quote:
Hey Marv,

Thanks for your feedback - things have improved immeasurably since we launched - we just never had the time to quality control the entire library before launch so this allowed a bit to slip through...

You should have let us know you had an issue and we would have fixed it right away (and given you some free credits for helping us)... :-)

Water under the bridge. I’m pretty comfortable with Xtendamix and SmashVision for now. I will surely reconsider Wemix if I ever need to switch things up.
WeMixVJ 3:51 PM - 11 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Marv,

Water under the bridge. I’m pretty comfortable with Xtendamix and SmashVision for now. I will surely reconsider Wemix if I ever need to switch things up.

No worries at all - good luck with everything!