DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 57 MKII Firmware

djraquest 4:02 PM - 23 September, 2015
Is it possible to reset the 57 firmware? I have been having tons of lagging since I updated it,
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:52 PM - 29 September, 2015
Hey raquest,

What firmware is currently installed on your mixer?
What version of SDJ are you using?
djraquest 1:32 AM - 30 September, 2015
i have 1.0.3 and i have tried all versions of serrate dj 1.7.8, which gave the worst lagging... 1.7.7 was still lagging not as much but 1.7.6 seemed to work the best.... i spoke with shaun he gave me the original control panel but it wouldn't let me downgrade the firmware.

please help ..... i would hate to have to sell this mixer because this lagging is ridiculous

is there like a factory reset or something that can be done.... i mean its still under warranty so i don't know what to do
PopRoXxX 5:00 PM - 30 September, 2015
I have no lagging in my 57mkII. Never have. Just the midi issue with the cue point/sample section when used with other OSA devices. Oh yeah, and the right channel filter being slightly off.

Maybe a factory reset then the firmware upgrade again? But quite possibly SDJ/MBP related too
PopRoXxX 10:58 PM - 30 September, 2015
**Correction:

*Right channel filter HAS been fixed in the latest firmware update! Very cool. Thanks guys
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:38 PM - 1 October, 2015
I don't believe the lag you are experiencing is due to firmware as we have not had any other reports of this.

Where do you have your USB audio buffer set at?
Are you using turntables or CD decks?
Where are the estimate tabs for the scope views in Setup set right now?
Have you properly calibrated? --> support.serato.com
djraquest 3:24 PM - 2 October, 2015
i tried the buffer at every position i use cdjs and turntables its worse on turntables but i spoke with shaun and gave me the old firmware and so far so good no lagging
Scrpion King 12:20 AM - 17 October, 2015
DJ PopRoxx no the filter on the right channel of the TTM 57SL Mk2 is still off. They have some sort of bass cut on it now that does not match the left side, not even close. It looks like it may be included in this next update but it definitely is not fixed.
PopRoXxX 7:31 PM - 17 October, 2015
Mine was fixed. Are you sure you're on 1.0.4? The 1.0.3 firmware was released to us and then 1.0.4 was released quickly right after. The latter seemed to fix my problem
Res-Q 5:35 PM - 22 October, 2015
where do you see which firmware is installed, i am trying to troubleshoot a friend who has the same issue
PopRoXxX 6:44 PM - 22 October, 2015
The "Rane Control Panel" in system preferences. If it's not there, you need to install it.
Scrpion King 4:24 PM - 24 October, 2015
Mine still says 1.0.3 so that could be the issue. I have searched all over and can't seem to find the update any heads up on where I can find it? Thanks
PopRoXxX 7:19 PM - 24 October, 2015
Rane Control Panel

Are you Mac or PC?
Scrpion King 8:22 PM - 24 October, 2015
Mac...I only see a 1.0.4 for the MP2015 the rotary one. It says the latest for our mixer is 1.0.3
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:19 PM - 24 October, 2015
MP2015 and TTM57mkii shares the same Control Panel.
It is there. Download it and install
dj.rane.com

Mine is 1.0.4
Scrpion King 10:34 PM - 24 October, 2015
Thanks DJ _X_Trodinaire but mine still says 1.0.3...I don't get any option to update either. This seems strange to me...do I have to do something on the mixer in particular?
PopRoXxX 11:12 PM - 24 October, 2015
No. It should just show up with the update button. Maybe try removing the Rane Control Panel and re-install it.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:17 PM - 24 October, 2015
Yeah delete the control panel, download again and install.

you should see an update button.

instruction

Watchwww.youtube.com
Scrpion King 12:10 AM - 25 October, 2015
I've tried everything...deleting the control panel, deleting Serato Dj, I even deleted the midi port in the midi setup that remembers the TTM 57's drivers. Everytime I go into the control panel it just says 1.0.3 and there is no update button...HOWEVER hen I go to the about app section it does show that it is version 1.0.4 for the MP2015 but for TTM57 it says 1.0.3. Other than taking the icon and sending it to trash should I be doing something else to delete the program? There is no formal uninstall file and I have always deleted programs in the past in this way. DJ_X_Trodinaires last post has me confused as the link clearly shows the guy updated to 1.0.4...I cannot do that for some strange reason
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:39 AM - 25 October, 2015
Sorry you are having problems but I'm sure one of the Rane or Serato crew will help.
djkrisp 4:24 AM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
I've tried everything...deleting the control panel, deleting Serato Dj, I even deleted the midi port in the midi setup that remembers the TTM 57's drivers. Everytime I go into the control panel it just says 1.0.3 and there is no update button...HOWEVER hen I go to the about app section it does show that it is version 1.0.4 for the MP2015 but for TTM57 it says 1.0.3. Other than taking the icon and sending it to trash should I be doing something else to delete the program? There is no formal uninstall file and I have always deleted programs in the past in this way. DJ_X_Trodinaires last post has me confused as the link clearly shows the guy updated to 1.0.4...I cannot do that for some strange reason

did you update 1.8 beta???
Scrpion King 4:49 PM - 26 October, 2015
Exactly...djkrisp...I updated and it all worked. I don't usually use beta's but clearly in order for this work I had to update.
PopRoXxX 6:12 PM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
Exactly...djkrisp...I updated and it all worked. I don't usually use beta's but clearly in order for this work I had to update.

Gotcha. Glad to hear you got it sorted out though
Asu 1:34 AM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha. Glad to hear you got it sorted out though

i had issues too on 1.0.3 firmware on MKII...1.0.4 and Serato DJ 1.8.1 seem to work perfectly finally
Asu 2:42 AM - 1 April, 2016
FYI: El Capitan Update 10.11.4 OFFICIAL SUPPORT.....THANK GOD

Rane is pleased to announce support for the latest version of Apple OS X El Capitan (10.11.4).

The latest Apple update 10.11.4 is now available and fixes compatibility issues with the MP2015, MP2014, and TTM57mkII. These products are USB Class Compliant devices that utilize drivers built in the OS X operating system, they do not require device driver updates from Rane.

We have new device drivers for the Sixty-Two, Sixty-Four, Sixty-Eight, Sixty-One, and the SL3 available for download to fix compatibility issues with Apple OS X El Capitan (10.11.4). Only the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65) is supported. These drivers are not compatible with older OS X versions.
Cnspeace 1:19 PM - 3 June, 2016
Still don't see anything about resetting the firmware. I have a Rane 57mkii , updated to 1.0.7 and Serato Dj 1.9.1 and I lost party last weekend after updating the firmware. It wouldn't recognize the mixer and Serato would crash. Got my laptop back home and deleted the Rane driver and reinstalled it by searching the C drive Drivers folder and it recognized the mixer again. But now when I conected to my desktop Serato recognized the mixer, but Rane Control Panel wouldn't. Then my multi effects stopped working. So I upgraded Serato to 1.9.1 (on the desktop) and it recognizes the mixer but the multi effects still dont work. I wanna rollback and use the mixer with 1.04 and Serato with 1.9.0 like I was 2 weeks ago.
Asu 8:40 PM - 5 June, 2016
Quote:
Still don't see anything about resetting the firmware. I have a Rane 57mkii , updated to 1.0.7 and Serato Dj 1.9.1 and I lost party last weekend after updating the firmware. It wouldn't recognize the mixer and Serato would crash

what OSX version do you have
Cnspeace 12:33 AM - 8 June, 2016
I have Windows. They told me how to roll back the firmware. I reinstalled 1.6

Once installed, make sure your mixer is plugged in and turned on.
Open the Rane Product panel via System Preferences.
Hold down CMD + R to revert back to 1.6. (CTRL-R in Windows for me)

I hated the upgrade and it just wouldn't see the mixer on 3 laptops only my home desktop. So i punted. Plus I use a Novation Control Xl for midi control of my other 2 effects. The firmware upgrade makes it so that you can now use 3 effects with the 57 mkii but you have to use 3 at once. That's wack I don't do techno or use a million effects at once ..1 ..2 at a time and sometime I roll them on and off. Can't do that with the firmware upgrade.
Asu 11:20 AM - 8 June, 2016
Well Glad it's taken care of...but i thought MKII Firmware was 1.0.4...that's what Rane has on it's website last time i checked....Serato DJ Tried to update mine but since everything is working fine,i didn't want to touch anything.
Cnspeace 5:29 AM - 9 June, 2016
That's the old one. 1.07 is the upgrade. I didn't like it
Asu 5:20 PM - 9 June, 2016
Quote:
That's the old one. 1.07 is the upgrade. I didn't like it

oh ok,i saw 1.9.1 saying there's an update but i don't do updates right away especially when everything works just fine.

But the funny thing is in the RANE preference panel,it doesn't say i need an update.usually it'll say if you do.

My advice is,if everything is working fine,don't ever update right away...from operating system,to firmware etc...it could ruin your Night or weekend...got into that scenario last labour Day weekend while out of town to gig for all 3 days...ended up grabbing some hot tracks from laptop to play on the house CDJ 2000's...it was a nightmare though for a while...i learnt my lesson on updating too early.
Cnspeace 11:32 PM - 16 June, 2016
Yeah I know better...I got greedy
DJ Twingo 9:17 PM - 30 July, 2017
thx,

i'm back to firmware 1.1.3 with RaneControlPanelSetup 2.4.0.55

firmeware 1.2 i had problems with midi
Asu 2:02 AM - 12 August, 2017
Quote:
thx,

i'm back to firmware 1.1.3 with RaneControlPanelSetup 2.4.0.55

firmeware 1.2 i had problems with midi

what kind of issues?...i think in 1.1.3 one of the filters isn't centered correctly...i think left bank...i'm on 1.2 which is a must for OSX Sierra
DjFr&@kyF!n9&R$ 7:49 AM - 26 December, 2017
What is the latest firmware update for RaneTTM57SLmkII?
DJ Twingo 11:15 AM - 26 December, 2017
firmeware 1.2.0
Cnspeace 11:19 AM - 26 December, 2017
What's in it ? I rolled back a loong time ago . I am still on 1.03. I didn't like 3 effects controlled with one button. What's changed since the 1.04 update ?
Jerry Prieto 1:15 PM - 26 December, 2017
there is no one in this world who knows rane ttm 57 mk2 to help me with the diley, it is impossible to mix with this problem, (firmware) I think the operating system has nothing to do because I have two mac one is from 2012
the other is from 2017 different and the mix continues with the same delay problem, I think the problem is the firmware, RANE should face its users
popnwave 11:55 PM - 27 December, 2017
Quote:
there is no one in this world who knows rane ttm 57 mk2 to help me with the diley, it is impossible to mix with this problem, (firmware) I think the operating system has nothing to do because I have two mac one is from 2012
the other is from 2017 different and the mix continues with the same delay problem, I think the problem is the firmware, RANE should face its users

Rane? You do realize they were gobbled up by InMusic and there's no one to face you.
DjFr&@kyF!n9&R$ 2:41 AM - 28 December, 2017
I should have asked where can I DL the latest firmware for Rane TTM57SL MKII?
dj_soo 6:57 AM - 28 December, 2017
inmusic has enough trouble getting firmware for products they developed themselves let alone getting it for legacy products from a company they bought. People have been waiting on a firmware update for the MCX8000 for over a year now...
Cnspeace 1:36 PM - 28 December, 2017
I dont understand why people defend these companies like they work for them. I like the products too, but when they drop the ball..they drop the ball. If they bought out a company ..you should be ready willing and able to take over what you purchased. Otherwise it's bad business. I haven't upgraded my firmware yet. DIdn't even know it was an upgrade other than the 1st one. I have no delay or issues with the 57mkii.
Jerry Prieto 11:39 PM - 28 December, 2017
thanks to everyone I have solved the problem
I went to the serato program and closed the buffer and it is working perfectly
thanks again
DjFr&@kyF!n9&R$ 5:22 PM - 29 December, 2017
I’ve been using the firmware 1.1.3 that was the last update of Rane TTM57sL mkII & no problems. The only issue I have is the izotope FX pack that I purchase. When playing around with the FX button it can suddenly trigger a freeze effect in the Serato Dj & the mixer power has to be turned off & on to work normaly again.
DJthurs.br 2:27 PM - 13 January, 2019
I have to doubt it

It is possible to reset the firmware of the rane TTM57 MKII
DjFr&@kyF!n9&R$ 8:01 PM - 13 January, 2019
They just left/drop the Rane57MKii like a bad habit😡 I just copped the Rane 72 & 2-Twelves.
DJthurs.br 10:07 AM - 14 January, 2019
In the documentation I found the calibration of the crossfader, but even calibrating still continues with leakage on the B side