DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Gospel church friendly R&B

D Jay Cee 6:04 AM - 14 September, 2015
doing a church gig for the first time. I have lotsa jazz and stuff from the 60's, 70's and 80's (as requested) but I know I am gonna have requests for newer stuff...but I really can't think of anything clean these days....how about you guys? Clean versions of nasty songs won't cut it.
05spoof 1:04 PM - 14 September, 2015
Not the latest but Bryan Mcknight has a few gospel friendly tracks. Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams.

Toni Terry's "Everlasting Love" should work.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:14 PM - 14 September, 2015
You sir are looking for what is called Gospel R & P (Rap & Praise), and Gospel House....

Mary Mary, Kirk Franklin, CeCe Winans, Donna Allen, Yolanda Adams, J Moss...etc.
D Jay Cee 2:23 PM - 14 September, 2015
I see....definitely not my style but I can do anything on the fly
young1 3:35 PM - 14 September, 2015
D Jay Cee, I just did a church gig two weeks ago. DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 is right, what you are looking for is Gospel R & P (Rhythm & Praise).

I use these three sites to help me when I was looking for club like church songs.

jamthehype

rapzilla

newh2O

Hope that help.
D Jay Cee 10:22 AM - 15 September, 2015
nah...no rap...just R&B...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:35 AM - 15 September, 2015
There is lots of Gospel rap.
D Jay Cee 11:41 AM - 15 September, 2015
Don't....want....rap
young1 5:35 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Don't....want....rap

I use those sites to find some R&B church music.
DJ Matty Stiles 6:49 PM - 17 September, 2015
Some 2 live crew maybe?
D Jay Cee 12:23 AM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Some 2 live crew maybe?

I think they are still banned in Boston
D Jay Cee 2:41 PM - 18 September, 2015
turns out they just wanted good old clean fun R&B. event was a big success...they asked for my card to pass around for other gigs coming up between now and the end of the year. gonna be a busy November and December!
DJ NonChalant 4:34 PM - 18 September, 2015
Congratulations its good to spread out to other genres and try something new... with churches they can be picky at times but you can never go wrong with some good classic r&b hits .. they like the dance songs as well cupid shuffle etc., if you looking for good christian joint that sounds more to what you regularly play in the club.. i would suggest Uncle Reece, Jordan Armstrong, Chris Cobbins, KiKi Sheard, Canton Jones, they are pretty dope.. there are a few others but I can't think of their names..
young1 7:44 PM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Congratulations its good to spread out to other genres and try something new... with churches they can be picky at times but you can never go wrong with some good classic r&b hits .. they like the dance songs as well cupid shuffle etc., if you looking for good christian joint that sounds more to what you regularly play in the club.. i would suggest Uncle Reece, Jordan Armstrong, Chris Cobbins, KiKi Sheard, Canton Jones, they are pretty dope.. there are a few others but I can't think of their names..

Lacrae, KB, Tedashii, Dee-1, Black Night, and Keno Camp are some other ones.