Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Am I missing something? Did iTunes change their DRM policy?

vinylmanipulator 10:47 PM - 11 September, 2015
Hey guys, forgive me if this has been brought up...it's been awhile since I've been on here. On occasion, when I can't find what I need from some of the video services I'll dl a video track from iTunes. Lately, some of the tracks I've dl have all been DRM protected and not playable in Serato or even viewable in ME. Anyone have any news on this? Thanks in advance!
DJ Reflex 10:29 PM - 13 September, 2015
Not sure about DRM protection, but I have had issues with videos from iTunes. Typically I have to run them through Handbrake to recode them to MP4 format instead of iTune's m4v.
nik39 10:27 AM - 27 September, 2015
ITunes cloud?
DJMark 8:14 PM - 27 September, 2015
Quote:
Not sure about DRM protection, but I have had issues with videos from iTunes. Typically I have to run them through Handbrake to recode them to MP4 format instead of iTune's m4v.

You should be able to just open them in MPEG Streamclip, and do a "save as..." MP4.

That way you're not re-encoding (and degrading) the audio and video, just putting them in a new MP4 container.

If Apple has started DRM-ing their music videos (again) that's too bad. But they were always a last resort in terms of quality anyway.