DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hottest country club tracks

D Jay Cee 10:50 AM - 11 September, 2015
Wanted to get a list going for those that might be getting into country DJing. I am a multi-genre DJ. The club I DJ for added a Country night and want me to spin. My reputation for parties and major events and my library got me the gig. I am not a Country fan per se, but I respect the music and the fans are great. These songs always get great response. Some are "classics" and some are newer.
I am unable to do this all at once, I got a gig in 3 hours so I will add some as we go.
so here we go...
must haves:
Honky tonk Badonkadonk
I like it, I love it
Homegrown Honey
Girl in a country song
Don't rock the jukebox
Boot scootin' boogie
Copperhead road
Save a horse, ride a cowboy
This is how we roll
Red Solo cup
My tractor's sexy
Cotton-eyed Joe
Country girl shake it
All My rowdy friends
Chicken Fried
Chattahoochee
Watermelon Crawl
Done
Cruise
Dirt Road Anthem
Good Time
My Kinda PartyBoys round here
Mama's broken heart
Friends in low places
All my rowdy friends

These are all off the top of my head. I know for a fact I missed at least 30 more great ones. feel free to add anything I may have missed.
DJBotz 11:39 AM - 11 September, 2015
How did your "Library" get you the gig? I gotta get on that program, lol. My reputation for DJ'ing and programming get me gigs currently. ;)
D Jay Cee 11:48 AM - 11 September, 2015
I have a LOT of good country music. Usually have what folks wanna hear. Don't often say I don't have a track.
BTW...don't come here to troll bro...this is about helping folks. Now that you are here... please post something up that has something to do with the topic.
Thx in advance
young1 4:39 PM - 11 September, 2015
I had to do a gig two weeks ago that I had to play hick hop(country hip hop). I can post some songs once I get home.
Logisticalstyles 5:56 PM - 11 September, 2015
I've done quite a few country weddings in the past. Red Solo Cup and Chicken Fried are actually a guilty pleasure of mine. I love those songs.

I use a few of the other ones you listed also. I'll have to check out the ones I don't know.

I get a lot of Requests for Broken road by Rascal Flatts for the First Dance.
Logisticalstyles 6:04 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
I had to do a gig two weeks ago that I had to play hick hop(country hip hop). I can post some songs once I get home.

Did you get a chance to play Square Dance rap by Sir Mixx A Lot?
phonze 7:54 PM - 11 September, 2015
Good thread. I'd add Honey I'm Good by Andy Grammer.
ALEX REED 10:51 PM - 11 September, 2015
D JAY CEE use Aaron Pritchett's "Hold My Beer" as a idea of what type of country music to add to your playlist. Here's a short list of a few country tracks that came to mind...

Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain (1995)
Baby Likes to Rock it - Tractors (1994)
Boot Scootin' Boogie (Club Mix) - Brooks & Dunn (1993)
Country Girl (Shake it For Me) - Luke Bryan (2014)
House Party - Sam Hunt (2015)
Footloose - Blake Shelton (2011)
Crank It Up - Colt Ford (2015)
Fake ID - Big and Rich feat. Gretchen Wilson (2011)
Friday Night - Eric Paslay (2014)
Redneck Women - Gretchen Wilson (2004)
Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy (Dance Mix) - Big and Rich (2004)
Something Bad (feat. Carrie Underwood) - Miranda Lambert (2014)
Thank God I’m A Country Boy - John Denver (2014)
Hold My Beer - Aaron Pritchett (2008)
D Jay Cee 1:32 AM - 12 September, 2015
I got an odd request last night for s nickleback song. Was told the country clubs are playing it in the US. Need to figure out what it was. I only have one song by that group in my whole library
 6 1:42 AM - 12 September, 2015
Wrong Genre... Nickelback is rock, not country.
D Jay Cee 2:01 AM - 12 September, 2015
He swore the country clubs are making a line dance Outta it.
SpareChange 2:10 AM - 12 September, 2015
When I did more country gigs, Toby Keith I love this bar used to get a really good response

Quote:

I get a lot of Requests for Broken road by Rascal Flatts for the First Dance.

Great song, I've played that a lot at weddings including my own. Another couple good wedding ones
Randy Travis - Forever & ever amen
Keith Urban - Making Memories of us
D Jay Cee 2:29 AM - 12 September, 2015
Looking mostly to add club songs
ALEX REED 3:02 AM - 12 September, 2015
direct music service has a bunch of CLUB friendly country songs.
djcrap 4:14 AM - 12 September, 2015
Never mind you said country club

Golf. Came to my mind first nm

Lol
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:49 PM - 22 October, 2016
I m always looking to have mini crates of different genre and just started a country Crate and I don't know anything about country music. So good to see this thread.
You never know when a bunch of country lads might just roll into the bar.

It hasn't happened yet or if it has probably they just vibed to whatever I was playing. Will be nice to drop the odd country banger just to switch things up a notch.

I will be looking for the dance bpm types
D Jay Cee 4:44 AM - 23 October, 2016
there are many nights I am in early and no one has rolled into the club yet but maybe a few folks....even if the Night's Theme is not what they want, I hook them up when they make a request. the club is NOT about the DJ, it is about the customers that are there to have fun and spend their money on alcohol...which is how you get paid!
djjasonhooper 7:53 PM - 23 October, 2016
Hank Jr. - Family Tradition
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:29 PM - 25 October, 2016
I know this is a bit off topic but I had a residency at a venue a few years back that was a bit of a "hood" spot. The owners decided to go a new direction so they shut it down and opened it back up as a country bar. To keep my job I was told i needed to get good at being a country dj real quick. I went out and spent a few hundred dollars on tracks (most listed in this thread) and learned the ins and outs of how to mix them....opening day comes around and i get about 3 songs in before the owner comes up and tells me "this country stuff sucks, just play all the stuff you used to play before" (hophop).

......ya, that place didn't last long
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:59 PM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
I know this is a bit off topic but I had a residency at a venue a few years back that was a bit of a "hood" spot. The owners decided to go a new direction so they shut it down and opened it back up as a country bar. To keep my job I was told i needed to get good at being a country dj real quick. I went out and spent a few hundred dollars on tracks (most listed in this thread) and learned the ins and outs of how to mix them....opening day comes around and i get about 3 songs in before the owner comes up and tells me "this country stuff sucks, just play all the stuff you used to play before" (hophop).

Lol.

I wouldn't be able to do an entire country night. Last weekend I dropped about three country tunes at random times and got great reaction. I play in a local bar, not a club. So anything goes.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:16 PM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Lol.

I wouldn't be able to do an entire country night. Last weekend I dropped about three country tunes at random times and got great reaction. I play in a local bar, not a club. So anything goes.

One of my current weekly residencies is a small bar with a big deck area. Def not a club, def a different vibe but still a college crowd. My second night there a group of college good ole boys come in and start badgering me for some country music. FINALLY i break and play some.....crowd goes nuts. I end up playing a full hour of straight country. I go home thinking ok clearly this is a thing, im gonna incorporate this into my arsonal, thisll be kinda dope. Ive tried dropping some country tracks since then and quickly found that was a one off thing lol.

Btw "Dixieland Delight" is a banger with the college kids (down here at least). I made a redrum for it. Ill try to post later
Taipanic 2:52 PM - 26 October, 2016
At one point in the 90's I took a gig at a country bar to work my way into another club that the owners had. Invested a couple of grand in CDs, learned all the dances and hits and did it for almost a year. God awful boring though, never enjoyed it much. Between that and another job I was literally working 18-20 hr days, used to go to sleep in the booth when the band would play, the regulars knew to wake me up during the last song of their set, lol. Very grateful for the knowledge though, I never have to worry if I have to do some Country for an event, I did a 5 hr redneck wedding last year with nothing but country, most of it older stuff from the 70-90s. Bride, Groom, and guests all wore cammo - and yes there was moonshine and gun shooting involved, lol.
#IDJsobad...
RonDu 4:32 PM - 26 October, 2016
Played a Caribbean party, and if you didn't know, a lot of we Jamaicans like Country music. Only played 3 thowbacks though - The Gambler, Good Ole Boys, and 9 to 5. Can't count how many times I had to pull up those songs. I felt like Jesus ascending to the heavens less the sinning...
D Jay Cee 10:47 AM - 30 November, 2016
i had to deploy and lost country night to another DJ...but to be honest, i don't really miss it....except they were good customers and tippers.