DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer Rekord Box DJ Software

Will08272 12:40 PM - 10 September, 2015
dj_soo 12:53 PM - 10 September, 2015
curious to see how serato responds.

competition is good, but having one company dominate the professional realm isn't a good thing imo.
Will08272 12:58 PM - 10 September, 2015
They will have mass adoption of the software based soley on how many people own pioneer products and a alot of their existing and the two new controllers announced come with support for the software. It may also facilitate those CDJ users who don't use laptops to use them being that it is also a pioneer branded software. The other software makers don't have to worry but they just have to stay on their toes now.
al83 1:11 PM - 10 September, 2015
Probably the beginning of the end for NI DJ division and Serato, if Pioneer also nails the DVS side it certainly is. Rekordbox has already been a far more capable music organiser than Serato with heaps of innovative features for some time (which was Serato's biggest USP for me) and let's not mention the diabolical music organisation system in Traktor, so if they can bring rock solid stability to the table as well, I see no reason why there wouldn't be a mass migration to the Pioneer system, myself included.
Will08272 2:16 PM - 10 September, 2015
What i didn't see in my research so far is how audio output is going to be handled, it only showed which controllers are supported, and the CDJ players that work with HID mode. They mention DVS but that will probably be explained further soon, if audio output if allowed by any kind of interface then yes, they really did change the game. We shall see soon i guess.
djvtyme85 2:59 PM - 10 September, 2015
serato will be around because so many SL loyalists. serato DJ ehhh.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:14 PM - 10 September, 2015
Seratos really in for a tough time now. Just looking at it in most basic terms....what are they bringing to the table at this point

Pioneer - makes software to play and perform music, makes pro grade gear to play it on, makes accessories

NI - makes software to play and perform music, makes pr....prrr....prrrrr.... makes gear to play it on, makes innovative accessories

Serato - makes software to play music on , needs third party companies (including one of the 2 above) to make anything else.

It seems to me that the move would be for a hardware company (cough rane cough) to just buy up serato and integrate it into their hardware as a proprietary property. I dont see how a pure software company can compete, especially when their business strategy seems to be remake the exact same software the previously mastered but add with bugs to keep their employees busy. I cant remember the last truly innovative or exciting thing serato has done.

Im really interested im seeing how Pioneer handles the vinl aspect. Pioneer just put that turntable out and we all know pioneer doesn't just put something out and leave it be. They usually have about 2 generations of next level shit on the drawing board when they release a product. Mabye gen 2 will be more like the reloops
DJ Irv 3:24 PM - 10 September, 2015
Serato/Traktor might be forced to support Pioneer mixers without charging Pioneer just to keep people from switching to RekordBox. It's very interesting.

Who's going to pay for Traktor/SDJ if Pioneer RecordBox comes with that Pioneer controller/mixer?

Rekordbox is going to shakeup the industry a bit. It will be years before we know the full impact but, there definitely will be an impact.
DJ Irv 3:30 PM - 10 September, 2015
If Pioneer has there ish together they will release the DJM-S9 with RekordBox 4 with DVS and vinyl on day one at no extra cost.
al83 3:32 PM - 10 September, 2015
Yep agreed ^

Essentially Pioneer has stripped all the good bits from Serato & Traktor (mostly Serato!), added their own innovation and now made it all backwards compatible with their industry standard product range. No one can compete with that.

Unless SDJ 1.8 can bring the same or better library management as Rekordbox, coupled with the versatility of being able to software mix/preview mixes without hardware, I can't see myself sticking around in the Serato system much longer.
TelosHedge 3:57 PM - 10 September, 2015
this all looks great, but i'm still leery of 'the pioneer effect.'

what's the pioneer effect? it's simple. it's creating a great controller, like the DDJ-SZ, and then the year after creating the DDJ-RZ. it's the DJM900 to the 900SRT. its the SX to the SX2 (and now the RX). in short, it's the new trend of pioneer forcing you to pay to play. who's to say they won't do this with software?

here's my question about this software - are we all bound to the confines of our hardware? they mentioned on the website MIDI support is coming soon - but if i spin on cdj900mk1's will i be allowed to map hot cues? do DDJ-SZ users get to map a 'sequencer' button? etc, etc.

i'm no debbie downer, but we've all been down this road with pioneer before. i would be EXTREMELY happy to have this software be a knock out of the park. i'm still on SL and the likelihood of me switching over to SDJ is not getting any better. it just doesn't work well enough for me. i see pio is offering a 10 dollar a month subscription to the software upgrades or a one time $130. i'll start month to month, just in case.

also - if pioneer wants to get really competitive i advise them to get some sort of database converter software in line for people coming from traktor or serato software.

in any case, in terms of audio it looks to me like the specific players (cdjs/xdjs) will handle the audio. there is no talk of interfaces just yet, and no standalone mixers are supported on their website for the first version of this. although, maybe when DVS is supported the mixers will follow suit?

i do agree- this should be a very interesting year ahead!
Djkom 3:58 PM - 10 September, 2015
Damnnnn !!!!!!!!!

- SP16 sampler (x4 banks)
- Sequencer
- Beat FX, releaseFX, Pad FX (I've just realized how sick this pad fx could be since it can also do loop rolls...etc a lot of FUN !!!)
- FLAC support !!!!
- Performance + Playlist preparation mode (as backup)
- furture DVS + video !!!!!
- Etc...

I'm done, in 2016 King Serato will be dead, long life to Rekordbox !!! For me it will be a Djm R9 (rekordbox version of the S9) and the next gen PLX turntable ;-) when they will announce the DVS pack...
I'm not afraid about to reliability of the software since they control the hardware and software and It's PIONEER! With their power, even if there will have issues (and it will) I'm sure that they will fix them quite quickly.

PS: I'm not sure the software comes from Serato guys, I think it's more Mixvibes guys because the original Rekordbox software was made from their team.
Will08272 4:04 PM - 10 September, 2015
Im sure there will be a DJM R9 released in the very near future, and it's great that they are supporting already existing hardware, so owners of those won't be locked in to just using Rekordbox DJ. Also for the conversion of databases Rekordbuddy 2 is feature complete as posted by Damien on twitter a couple of days ago so shouldn't be long until it's out, and with that you'll have your library bases covered. And the subcription trial thing was great and shows confidence on their part in believing in this software. Pioneer came out guns blazing for this first release, exciting times ahead.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:05 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

what's the pioneer effect? it's simple. it's creating a great controller, like the DDJ-SZ, and then the year after creating the DDJ-RZ. it's the DJM900 to the 900SRT. its the SX to the SX2 (and now the RX). in short, it's the new trend of pioneer forcing you to pay to play. who's to say they won't do this with software?

Im not seeing the problem here. You dont HAVE to buy all of that stuff. Just because something new comes out dosent make the shit you bought unfunctional. Plus every company comes ot with new updated products, thats just how capitalism works
al83 4:22 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

here's my question about this software - are we all bound to the confines of our hardware? they mentioned on the website MIDI support is coming soon - but if i spin on cdj900mk1's will i be allowed to map hot cues? do DDJ-SZ users get to map a 'sequencer' button? etc, etc.

i'm no debbie downer, but we've all been down this road with pioneer before. i would be EXTREMELY happy to have this software be a knock out of the park. i'm still on SL and the likelihood of me switching over to SDJ is not getting any better. it just doesn't work well enough for me. i see pio is offering a 10 dollar a month subscription to the software upgrades or a one time $130. i'll start month to month, just in case.

also - if pioneer wants to get really competitive i advise them to get some sort of database converter software in line for people coming from traktor or serato software.

in any case, in terms of audio it looks to me like the specific players (cdjs/xdjs) will handle the audio. there is no talk of interfaces just yet, and no standalone mixers are supported on their website for the first version of this. although, maybe when DVS is supported the mixers will follow suit?

same here, still on SSL, SDJ has missed the mark for me in many ways, after many feature requests they seem to be taking forever (if at all) to get the same level of functionality and core design that SSL had.
TelosHedge 4:43 PM - 10 September, 2015
i missed the rekordbuddy 2 thing - i'm away and searching.

Quote:

Im not seeing the problem here. You dont HAVE to buy all of that stuff. Just because something new comes out dosent make the shit you bought unfunctional. Plus every company comes ot with new updated products, thats just how capitalism works

i hear you, but i'm just using the hardware as the example. my point is i'm concerned if pioneer will slam us for paid upgrades that may be more necessary than simple add-ons. remember when pioneer did the SRT mixer, and then allowed the DJM900 to be SDJ compatible? that's what i'm worried about. do i have to pay for MIDI mapping in RB4, only to have it be free in 4.5? that's all i'm saying.
Reticuli 4:53 PM - 10 September, 2015
Serato is screwed. Their library management has been bottom-of-the-barrel to everyone else. I think VDJ will probably survive because it's superior to all the others in a variety of ways, but Serato is standard in the US just because it was originally The DVS to have and then they made deals with Pioneer on HID. The only thing keeping people on Serato DJ now is Pioneer. Serato Scratch Live is now not getting updated, right? And people realize all the other software can do DVS, so that advantage is gone. SSL devotees will remain, but Serato won't be commoditizing them. Once Pioneer's got their own thing, it will be that and VDJ controlling the US DJ software market. NI will probably still be fine in Europe for at least a little while before Europeans figure out VDJ is also from Europe. I still think vinyl and USB media player market share will continue to grow, though.
ral 5:29 PM - 10 September, 2015
competition is good!

im not going back to pioneer dj forum days though (censorship, etc)
Davideon 5:41 PM - 10 September, 2015
Competition is very good. But when one of Seratos biggest partners goes all in its a worry. It may pan out that sdj ends up just with numark (controller) and rane (mixer) as main hardware partners. And Denon if they pull their finger out.

The biggest plus is that this should put the wind up serato and they start some serious r&d. How hard is it for smart sub crates and the library scroll bar to be any colour other than bloody grey!
al83 6:24 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Competition is very good. But when one of Seratos biggest partners goes all in its a worry. It may pan out that sdj ends up just with numark (controller) and rane (mixer) as main hardware partners. And Denon if they pull their finger out.

The biggest plus is that this should put the wind up serato and they start some serious r&d. How hard is it for smart sub crates and the library scroll bar to be any colour other than bloody grey!

Spot on, seems they've been caught sleeping, let's see if they can now pull their finger out.
TelosHedge 6:26 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

this is the best point of all, and the biggest cause for celebration in my opinion. regardless of who comes out on top, competition puts everyone's ass in gear. just ride the wave and use what works best in the end!
05spoof 7:00 PM - 10 September, 2015
WOW! Pioneer isn't playing around. Too bad they missed the mark on the RZ and RX. They could have added a detachable screen like NS7III but more robust and a larger viewing area. Laptop + Desktop LCD seriously!?!

All this chant about Serato being done is WAY premature. Folks acting like Rane, Numark, Denon, A&H, and Akai don't exist. Those guy's need Serato as much as Serato needs them.

I'm curious about Pioneer's DVS strategy. Will it be exclusive to Pioneer gear or will they be like Mixxvibes and VDJ and open it up to all DJ gear with a built-in soundcard?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:31 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

All this chant about Serato being done is WAY premature. Folks acting like Rane, Numark, Denon, A&H, and Akai don't exist. Those guy's need Serato

Those guys dont need serato at all, they can all make gear thats compatible with pioneer software. Rane "needed" serato because they had exclusive rights to SL but Serato went out of their way to weasel out of that to go sleep with competitors. All if those companys did fine pre serato anyways
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:32 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
i missed the rekordbuddy 2 thing - i'm away and searching.

Quote:

i hear you, but i'm just using the hardware as the example. my point is i'm concerned if pioneer will slam us for paid upgrades that may be more necessary than simple add-ons. remember when pioneer did the SRT mixer, and then allowed the DJM900 to be SDJ compatible? that's what i'm worried about. do i have to pay for MIDI mapping in RB4, only to have it be free in 4.5? that's all i'm saying.

Well since a monthly subscription is involved nothing is "free"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:57 PM - 10 September, 2015
I'm wondering what the DVS component will pan out to be.....

Lawd help us if Pioneer comes out with some WHITE CV's......
05spoof 9:58 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
All this chant about Serato being done is WAY premature. Folks acting like Rane, Numark, Denon, A&H, and Akai don't exist. Those guy's need Serato

Those guys dont need serato at all, they can all make gear thats compatible with pioneer software. Rane "needed" serato because they had exclusive rights to SL but Serato went out of their way to weasel out of that to go sleep with competitors. All if those companys did fine pre serato anyways

Numark was using itch, Denon split from A&H and eventually went under, Akai weren't even in the DJ game at the time and know they're part of group that own's both Numark and Denon, A&H luckily have other successful ventures outside of DJing, and Rane were on SL at the time. Why would any of the above brands be willing to pay licensing fee's to a major competitor. On top of that have them steal their features or technologies because of the close integration.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:28 PM - 10 September, 2015
Man, SERATO Better step their game up...

I'm not trying to have to reinvent the wheel over at a different forum...

We're so much more than a DJ message board! 😎

***Claims Vet Status****
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:33 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

***Claims Vet Status****

<=== Since 2005 lol Im old Im not moving!
but i will do a sneak peek when recordbox dj comes out.
Didn't like it back then.
Will08272 2:43 AM - 11 September, 2015
Reading more again on what's offered so far from the site the one feature im excited about the my tag, which if im understanding it right seems like a quick filter off to the side of the playlist, sure you can accomplish the same thing with search but if it allows you to see the all of the individual tags for the songs in the selected playlist im all in for that alone. I love my rane 62 but i may have to get an S9 or if a 4 channel mixer is released to use the software looking more forward to it now.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:34 AM - 11 September, 2015
Look, I ain't got no time to take over another Forum...

Serato, get to werk.
Laz219 5:18 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This seems exactly like the debates when SSL was discontinued. All the SL1/57 owners making it out that they HAD to buy something new....even though they still had the exact product they'd paid for and were happy with.
Quote:
Damnnnn !!!!!!!!!

- SP16 sampler (x4 banks)
- Sequencer
- Beat FX, releaseFX, Pad FX (I've just realized how sick this pad fx could be since it can also do loop rolls...etc a lot of FUN !!!)
- FLAC support !!!!
- Performance + Playlist preparation mode (as backup)
- furture DVS + video !!!!!
- Etc...

I'm done, in 2016 King Serato will be dead, long life to Rekordbox !!! For me it will be a Djm R9 (rekordbox version of the S9) and the next gen PLX turntable ;-) when they will announce the DVS pack...
I'm not afraid about to reliability of the software since they control the hardware and software and It's PIONEER! With their power, even if there will have issues (and it will) I'm sure that they will fix them quite quickly.

PS: I'm not sure the software comes from Serato guys, I think it's more Mixvibes guys because the original Rekordbox software was made from their team.

I haven't really used rekordbox much, but from a what a lot of people have told me...they aren't exactly quick in fixing issues/bugs.
Davideon 5:51 AM - 11 September, 2015
What does the sequencer do?
dj_soo 6:01 AM - 11 September, 2015
Sequencer looks like Flip with maybe a bit more integration with your beat grids.
dj_soo 6:53 AM - 11 September, 2015
This s pure speculation, but I wonder if pioneer tried to buy serato and serato said no so this is pioneer's "fuck you" to that.

I mean it's pretty much a copy of serato dj almost feature-for-feature.
al83 7:30 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
This s pure speculation, but I wonder if pioneer tried to buy serato and serato said no so this is pioneer's "fuck you" to that.

I was thinking the same actually! Perhaps Sam Gibbons went to work for them after resigning as CEO of Serato?! ;)
phonze 7:52 AM - 11 September, 2015
That's pretty dope. Game changer. But I still don't want to shell out 2 grand for a controller, I still love my DVS. They got my attention though. If we can do DVS without a laptop in our face, I'll get it just for that.
05spoof 1:56 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:

Think MPC2000 or any Synth workstation. It's not something new it's been around for age's. In the song creation environment. Pioneer is just using the current trend of beat makers posing as DJ's to their advantage.
Cuervo 2:01 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If Recorbox support video im going to move to Pioneer, I am still using my TTM57SL i do not like Serato DJ i have the novation Twitch but i hate it. Hopefully ME woks with Recorbox in the near future.

same here, still on SSL, SDJ has missed the mark for me in many ways, after many feature requests they seem to be taking forever (if at all) to get the same level of functionality and core design that SSL had.
MPC O.G. 2:18 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Think MPC2000 or any Synth workstation. It's not something new it's been around for age's. In the song creation environment. Pioneer is just using the current trend of beat makers posing as DJ's to their advantage.

I think they're trying to copy TSP and the soon to come integration with Maschine. The last upgrade to TSP had some INSANE midi mapping capabilities that the didn't even mention. The game is changing.
05spoof 2:53 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think they're trying to copy TSP and the soon to come integration with Maschine. The last upgrade to TSP had some INSANE midi mapping capabilities that the didn't even mention. The game is changing.

Yes it is, I just dislike the direction it's heading; DJ's as producers and vice versa. I understand from a business standpoint that there is more money to be made in music creation. It's as if the industry is making a push for redefining the definition of the word DJ. DJing will always evolve but we are treading water's that no longer have anything to do with DJing.
Will08272 3:45 PM - 11 September, 2015
A cool vantage point is to look at this is DJ is not just a player and manipulator of music tracks, but a creator of musical content. The turntable is an instrument and scratching is a style of playing said instrument. No longer just a DJ but music creator.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:55 PM - 11 September, 2015
I wonder if Serato actually made this software. I can't imagine them getting into bed with Pioneer as much as they have without protecting themselves against this. The S9 isn't even released yet and that is being haled as god's gift to SeratoDJ.

Either way, it all comes down to stability and customer service. All the software does basically the same shit. If you are picking out good music, you shouldn't need every effect under the sun.
Taipanic 5:49 PM - 11 September, 2015
Looks like the SX, SZ, and others will also be compatible with RekordBox DJ:
www.rekordbox.com

Don't know about a game changer but there are some nice new features, I like the dual screen option for one. Real world usability will be the key in how creative you are mixing with it. I have to use RB in its current form for some gigs and find myself less creative with it & CDJs than with the big controller & Serato as far as looping, FX, etc...

Is Serato involved in this? Rekordbox DJ, Serato DJ; the interface is almost indentical, from button layout & views to library. If they aren't involved, there's a lot of "borrowiing" going on... Compare screenshots of SDJ & RBDJ and then compare them to Traktor, VDJ and pretty much any other software out there.
al83 6:01 PM - 11 September, 2015
Perhaps Serato will be providing the DVS technology? Defintely some sort of deal must have been made I reckon..
DJ Irv 6:11 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Perhaps Serato will be providing the DVS technology? Defintely some sort of deal must have been made I reckon..

Perhaps or Pioneer might have did it on their own to cut out the middle-man. Pioneer/Sosa selling the crack strait to customer no Serato/Tony Montana needed.
Djkom 6:58 PM - 11 September, 2015
Still don't understand and see why people compare this new Rekordbox to Serato ...

The only point in common are the waveforms, but the rest is completely different:
- The Rekordbox decks layout are more like Virtual dj ones.
- The performance pads UI is absolutely new.
- The library are more like Traktor one (but a lot more advanced)
- The sampler view IS like Traktor one
- The beat FX section and mixer view is also more like traktor one

In fact, there is more common points with Traktor than with Serato...But the big and large waveforms captivate our attention so it's the only thing that we keep in mind, but if we look deeper, Rekordbox is clearly a software that have it's own UI identity
Davideon 8:20 PM - 11 September, 2015
Serato have come out saying they had zero input on this. It's posted in another thread on the forums
Davideon 8:22 PM - 11 September, 2015
In here

serato.com
MPC O.G. 9:25 PM - 11 September, 2015
Maybe screwing Rane over WASN'T such a good idea......
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:32 PM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:

Splain Lucy.....
djcrap 4:45 AM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:

Well thats what they get for leaving the monigomous relationship with Rane. Choose to polygamously f***k around with a bad bitch on the block named pioneer thinking she would stay loyal .Nm

Runs and hides
05spoof 2:29 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
A cool vantage point is to look at this is DJ is not just a player and manipulator of music tracks, but a creator of musical content. The turntable is an instrument and scratching is a style of playing said instrument. No longer just a DJ but music creator.

What you just described is a musician.

Qbert and Teeko, two DJ's who have crossed over into musicianship.

Jazzy Jeff and DJ Revolution, two DJ's who also produce but know where to draw the line and don't confuse the two.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:40 PM - 12 September, 2015
BPM 2015 show

Rekordbox DJ
Watchwww.youtube.com
DDJ-RZ
Watchwww.youtube.com
DDJ-RX
Watchwww.youtube.com
05spoof 3:16 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
BPM 2015 show

Rekordbox DJ
Watchwww.youtube.com
DDJ-RZ
Watchwww.youtube.com
DDJ-RX
Watchwww.youtube.com

That first vid the Pioneer rep mentions that Pio wanted to add features that a "software" maker couldn't schedule into their roadmap.

Does this mean that Pioneer created Rekordbox DJ so that they could get their own hardware revision's out quicker? I smell apple yearly updates coming from Pioneer's oven.
05spoof 3:20 PM - 12 September, 2015
Did he say DDJ-SP2 at 3:10 in that first vid?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:39 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
Did he say DDJ-SP2 at 3:10 in that first vid?

DDJ-SB2
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:57 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Splain Lucy.....

Easy. Rane had an exclusive contract with Serato. Serato could ONLY be used on RANE products and both companies were happy. Then Serato decided that wasn't good enough so they discontinued the product that was licensed just to RANE and rebuilt he same damn product from the ground up so they could whore it around to all of the other companies. Well, one of these other companies was Pioneer who clearly liked the taste that Serato gave em enough to take the road map Serato gave them and cut serato out of the picture.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:55 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Splain Lucy.....

Easy. Rane had an exclusive contract with Serato. Serato could ONLY be used on RANE products and both companies were happy. Then Serato decided that wasn't good enough so they discontinued the product that was licensed just to RANE and rebuilt he same damn product from the ground up so they could whore it around to all of the other companies. Well, one of these other companies was Pioneer who clearly liked the taste that Serato gave em enough to take the road map Serato gave them and cut serato out of the picture.

You really think that's how it went down?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:35 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Splain Lucy.....

It's Plausible. Possibly also Pioneer just wanted to get rid of the middle man and be one stop shopping.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:12 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Splain Lucy.....

It's Plausible. Possibly also Pioneer just wanted to get rid of the middle man and be one stop shopping.

Cutthroat....and considering they just offered up a turntable....

That DVS solution could potentially become a monster....
dj_soo 7:39 AM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:

Sucks for Serato, but it makes sense given that these companies need to pay a Serato "tax" to have the program supported in their hardware.

Of course, if Rekordbox bombs, it'll be a costly decision.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:04 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Sucks for Serato, but it makes sense given that these companies need to pay a Serato "tax" to have the program supported in their hardware.

Flipside...if it works this will be a huge blow to Serato.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:06 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Flipside...if it works this will be a huge blow to Serato.

the other side is IF it bombs, cats should take notice, find out what went wrong, and get it right the next time...

Final Scratch eventually basically laid the ground work for Serato....so....
DJ Matty Stiles 6:00 PM - 14 September, 2015
I wonder if there's a breach of intellectual property in there somewhere. I study law but IP is not my field. I wonder if you can patent a GUI
Davideon 6:09 PM - 14 September, 2015
In the UK there has to be at least 5 distinct differences
LilSwann 7:28 PM - 14 September, 2015
Frankly I don't see a big difference most of the features are the same. The main difference and what I want to see is how the sequencer works which might just be a Serato Flip rip-off and more added to it.

You can argue about stability but if your computer can't handle the latest version of Serato DJ it might not do too well with Rekordbox unless they do a really good job with making it super stable at the jump. Besides the sequencer and the Pad FX on the new controllers I don't see too much more I can do with Rekordbox that I can't do with Serato.

Honestly I really like the rekordbox software mainly after the big 3.0 update. One of the main reasons I never made the switch was the BPM range. You can't have a BPM reading that's lower than 70. Depending on what type of music you play it may not be a big deal but with me playing mostly hip-hop and R&B I really like for my BPMs to be accurate. If it's 65BPM then that's what I want it to say not 130BPM which is what I'm forced to do with Rekordbox.

Right now it's just a controller focus I'm gonna be really interested to see what happens when the DVS part of Rekordbox gets going. As of right now Serato still has the hold with DVS market.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:39 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:

You can't have a BPM reading that's lower than 70. 

Pretty much makes the software useless for me lol
phonze 9:06 PM - 14 September, 2015
wow, can't have a bpm in the 60's sucks. Clearly more towards the EDM market.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:10 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:

Hmmm
05spoof 9:20 PM - 14 September, 2015
Introducing the EDM-RX and EDM-RZ. lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:27 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:

lol. Mabye this is actually something i really need to buy!

Customer: Hey Dj, play that new young thug!

Me: Sorry bruh, this equipment wont play songs under 65 bpm..how about some hardwell?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:30 PM - 14 September, 2015
Well, iTunes is being selective lately.....
al83 9:34 PM - 14 September, 2015
Also you can't properly delete tracks from within Rekordbox, only remove from collection, which is a massive fail for anyone used to managing large libraries.
LilSwann 11:57 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You can't have a BPM reading that's lower than 70.&nbsp;

I was the same way if you download it you will see what I mean. Take any song that's has a BPM lower than 70 and let it analyze. I will have it double timed then if you try to fix it by using the buttons to half/double the BPM it will give you a pop screen saying "BPM value should be between 70 and 499." Why it won't let you have a BPM lower than 70 but can go all the way up to 499 is beyond me. Always hoped they would fix that in an update.
d:raf 12:35 AM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can't have a BPM reading that's lower than 70.&nbsp;

I was the same way if you download it you will see what I mean. Take any song that's has a BPM lower than 70 and let it analyze. I will have it double timed then if you try to fix it by using the buttons to half/double the BPM it will give you a pop screen saying "BPM value should be between 70 and 499." Why it won't let you have a BPM lower than 70 but can go all the way up to 499 is beyond me. Always hoped they would fix that in an update.

Speedcore time!

youtu.be
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:46 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
I will have it double timed then if you try to fix it by using the buttons to half/double the BPM it will give you a pop screen saying "BPM value should be between 70 and 499.".

Great, now even dj software is giving attitude about new hiphop. If only ableton/protools/fruity loops would implement this feature lol
DJ Remy USA 1:49 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

lol. Mabye this is actually something i really need to buy!

Customer: Hey Dj, play that new young thug!

Me: Sorry bruh, this equipment wont play songs under 65 bpm..how about some hardwell?

LMAO
nik39 8:26 PM - 15 September, 2015
While Bezzles version may sound plausible, the question is still whether throwing all features at the customers is the right thing to achieve success. RBX seems to be very powerful and flexible (tried it out at the BPM show) and it feels good, you also have to consider that 95 percent of the DJ's are computer illiterates. Even on this forum. You show them simple features and cats be like 'wow, didn't know this was possible'.

I had someone who didn't know how to use FX on the Pioneer ddj sx. That controller is now like 3 years old... Come on.

Simplicity and easy availability of features is IMHO one of the key points of Serato's software. There is a reason why they do not add millions of features and options. Do you really think that some of these options are that hard to code? It isn't. The difficulty is to get the features a) working stable, b) easy and intuitive to use.
nik39 8:41 PM - 15 September, 2015
Oh, and I agree... It looks more like Traktor than SDJ. I mean... Left deck, right deck - hoe many ways AR there to align them.
Now the waveforms... That's a different story. Stolen from SSL.
Features... I'd say the same. I mean, the guy form Pioneer even references Serato's terms.
nik39 9:06 PM - 15 September, 2015
Concerning stability... found this one:

imagizer.imageshack.us <- click
nik39 9:06 PM - 15 September, 2015
(to be fair... they haven't released the final version yet, so take this with a grain of salt)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:06 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
You show them simple features and cats be like 'wow, didn't know this was possible'.

Y'all pickin' up the forum accents....
nik39 10:17 PM - 15 September, 2015
Right, as that term has not been used in many rap songs before.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:55 PM - 15 September, 2015
I am fully aware that they read the forums also...
RogerRabbit 11:19 PM - 15 September, 2015
Lol, some beefs never die..

:)
pdidy 12:48 AM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
Why it won't let you have a BPM lower than 70 but can go all the way up to 499 is beyond me.

Well thats because they know hiphop dj's already know how to beat match by ear while EDM dj's need the additional time to be "creative".
pdidy 12:57 AM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You show them simple features and cats be like 'wow, didn't know this was possible'.

you picked that up too......I was like wait, nik dont talk like that......lol
DJ Remy USA 5:45 AM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO
nik39 10:02 AM - 16 September, 2015
serato.com

Quote:
It was a feature suggestion, so people can track down files which make SSL crash easily, it would save some of you guys enormous time and trouble. BTW for you windows cats

That was a post from June 2005, when most of those who call themselves "[Serato forum] vets" were still mixing audio tapes on their radioshack mixer and asking themselves "what's this internet everyone's talking about??" ;)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:35 AM - 16 September, 2015
I'll have you know I was on the Interweb wayyyyyyyyy before you even discovered you could walk in heels.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:46 AM - 16 September, 2015
And what's even funnier is that even though I may have used a Radio Shack mixer well past its prime, I still produced mixes way better than you could ever do even if you had a Mixing console that was lit up like the Starship Enterprise....I'm still Lmao after you posted that "mix" you did and the entire board was underwhelmed....lol, you never regained traction here after that.
Daniel Ventura 1:47 PM - 16 September, 2015
btw in latest beta i have no Problems playing tracks under 65bpm
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:53 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
While Bezzles version may sound plausible, the question is still whether throwing all features at the customers is the right thing to achieve success. RBX seems to be very powerful and flexible (tried it out at the BPM show) and it feels good, you also have to consider that 95 percent of the DJ's are computer illiterates. Even on this forum. You show them simple features and cats be like 'wow, didn't know this was possible'.

I had someone who didn't know how to use FX on the Pioneer ddj sx. That controller is now like 3 years old... Come on.

Simplicity and easy availability of features is IMHO one of the key points of Serato's software. There is a reason why they do not add millions of features and options. Do you really think that some of these options are that hard to code? It isn't. The difficulty is to get the features a) working stable, b) easy and intuitive to use.

im not saying Pioneer jacked any code or anything but working with serato was a great was to get their toes wet in the dvs game without having to risk wastin their own resources
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:54 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
btw in latest beta i have no Problems playing tracks under 65bpm

Will it list the bpm correctly if its under 65 bpm
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:00 PM - 16 September, 2015
people be acting like Pioneer is just getting into the software game....

www.pioneerelectronics.com

educate!
blackavenger 5:44 PM - 16 September, 2015
I remember that.
MPC O.G. 7:50 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:

educate!

That DOESN'T mean they DON'T jack people's hardware and software designs.....
Mr. Goodkat 9:39 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
The turntable is an instrument and scratching is a style of playing said instrument

mixing as well. scratching/cutting at this point is just annoying. thats why all those scratch vids are 2-5 mins long. just play some damn records.
Will08272 10:13 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

educate!

That DOESN'T mean they DON'T jack people's hardware and software designs.....

At this point software every where, even in the mobile OS's everyone are lifting features from everyone else, you either will get bought out, or copied, at the slow pace of hardware and software from before it was easier to innovate, but at the pace at which everything is going now, there is to much risk to stray away from what works. It's all headed to the same place anyway. People's attention span is no longer than about 3 weeks now so while there maybe pointing that someone ripped someone else it will get forgotten quickly.
Will08272 3:16 PM - 1 October, 2015
Incase you want to read the article
djworx.com

I also just downloaded the rekordbox 4.0 update, and it comes with a 30 day trial for rekordbox DJ.

Big first notice, audio can be routed out to whatever interface your using haven't done it personally yet but you will be able to use your current mixer or audio interface. DJWorx mentioned in their article that they used a traktor audio 4 and an A&H mixer, so just off that alone is a big win.

It doesn't feel like serato at all atleast to me, interfaces may look similar but imo for my taste i like the way things are layed out in RBDJ are better. Pad FX are really cool and can be changed and are post fader (mentioned in the link).

I remember users saying they had trouble with tracks lower than 70 or 65 bpm don't remember which exactly and it wasn't an issue no kind of pop ups or anything about bpm, i tested some tracks and changing the bpm range for files analyzed will help or you can manually edit the grids and BPMS.

This is a big Version 1 and it shows pio is very serious about this software, once DVS comes out things in the DJ software space will be interesting, but the fact that they left the audio routing open for other audio interfaces is big, Virtual DJ, Mixvibes and the traktor workround allow for the same thing but pioneer will be getting alot of attention with the fact that they make hardware and now this software. We'll see what others think and find, but for me once rekordbuddy 2 is released and in conjunction with the S9 i'll be using RBDJ alot.
WarpNote 5:34 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
you can manually edit the grids and BPMS

Will did manage to edit grids for non-quantized music, ie old reggae/funk/soul ?
Having huge issues, the whole beatgrid editor seems broken. Even after "dynamic" analysis.
Will08272 6:35 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
you can manually edit the grids and BPMS

Will did manage to edit grids for non-quantized music, ie old reggae/funk/soul ?
Having huge issues, the whole beatgrid editor seems broken. Even after "dynamic" analysis.

Im still messing around with the beat grid editor, so far it lets you adjust the down beat for each bar but it causes the whole grid to shift in accordance to the markings for that bar, turning the metronome one will help also but i haven't figured out how to cause the shift to only happen for that bar, i haven't read the manual or anything and haven't used rekordbox to organize before so it probably is possible just havent found it. Im probably going to stick with serato for file analyzation and beatgrids since SDJ allows for adjustments of individual markers so the bpm would adjust according to the grid.
WarpNote 7:24 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Im still messing around with the beat grid editor, so far it lets you adjust the down beat for each bar but it causes the whole grid to shift in accordance to the markings for that bar,
Yep, that's was getting too. Reading manuals does pay off though ;-)
I got the hang of it, seems you need use the "Make an adjustment from the current position" to place bars. You can actually place every bar, not only the downbeat. Making it even perhaps even more flexible than the Serato grid. Not really sure if RB warps like Ableton or just plays the varied speed like SDJ. It does not show any variation in BPM while playing, thats for sure. Also, editing RB grids doesn't seem to affect my SDJ grids.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:08 PM - 1 October, 2015
Just tried it, first thing i noticed was lag, big time. i am using my iMac 27" Yosemite with the DDJ SZ

Setting cue points lags too? wtf? LOL

I just started!
Djkom 10:16 PM - 1 October, 2015
Have you update the drivers ? Have you also try to change the buffer size in the settings?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:42 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Have you update the drivers ? Have you also try to change the buffer size in the settings?

I think I've been here long enough to look for the obvious things ;)

but yes.
djvtyme85 10:58 PM - 1 October, 2015
i just downloaded as i plan to purchase the ddj rz in the near future. does anyone know will importing my music that i use with Serato be harmed. i just imported the same folders i use for serato into it and it's auto analyzing. i do not use itunes at all
djvtyme85 10:59 PM - 1 October, 2015
i'm starting my crates from scratch because i barely use them in Serato and i figure might as well start fresh with new software
LilSwann 11:03 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Just tried it, first thing i noticed was lag, big time. i am using my iMac 27" Yosemite with the DDJ SZ

I just started!

Have you also noticed that you can adjust the beat grids while in performance mode? I had loaded a song and it put first grid point in the wrong place and the BPM is doubled. I couldn't see anyway to change that while in performance mode. Maybe it's just me?
WarpNote 3:37 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Have you also noticed that you can adjust the beat grids while in performance mode?
Not been able to do this myself....
LilSwann 7:03 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Have you also noticed that you can adjust the beat grids while in performance mode?
Not been able to do this myself....

Fail smh I guess the only way to do it is with hardware. Kinda sucks and because I was using new rap songs to test and they intro/outro versions and it still didn't catch the first beat and no with no way to adjust the beat grid except to switch to export mode. This of course stops the music so now way to adjust beat grids and mix without a piece of hardware essentially.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:09 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:

I just started!

Samething here!!! I tried on both Mac and PC and the results were the same.

Another thing I noticed was, I couldn't set my buffer below 5ms because the sound would be heavily distorted. Both machines are i7's and can run SDJ with Pitch n Time at 2ms no problem.

I'm using a Pioneer DJM 850 and a set of Pioneer CDJ 850's.

Basic mixing was ok but any serious scratchin wasn't gonna happen. Just to much lag.....

Not sure what's going on but until I cN get the sound right this doesn't stand a chance with me.
DJ Jonasty 9:10 AM - 2 October, 2015
I can't be bothered learning another Dj platform. The appeal of CDJs is to not have to use a computer so this is counter intuitive to me. I'd rather spend that time curating playlists, producing or even just going outside.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:48 AM - 2 October, 2015
Dominic Carterâ„¢ 12:34 PM - 2 October, 2015
- I need to pull out this DDJ-RZ (yes the RZ) out of my closet and actually give this thing a shot. Really interested to see how this platform works. I spent too much time with this XDJ-RX and just normal serato based setup, hard to explore when time is super limited. I honestly had been waiting for this rekordbuddy to get released because of how much time it takes to set up cues and etc. Will be reviewing soon.
GusGomez 1:00 PM - 2 October, 2015
This software has alot of bugs still its definitely not ready for primetime it seems premature
Will08272 1:25 PM - 2 October, 2015
Sadly i think this is going to become the norm with software now, ship it out dispite bugs and go from there. There is some major oversight of some kind because the hardware that is touted as supported has issues, but in the promo video (as if they are something to place all faith in nowadays) showed jog control working good, granted they were demoing the controllers built specifically for the platform. We'll have to wait and see.

Obviously no one is going to go all out and replace their existing setups but bugs aside the software is promising. I read on DJTechtools that midi mapping will be added soon so that and basic audio routing put the software in a good position for the future.
Davideon 1:49 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
This software has alot of bugs still its definitely not ready for primetime it seems premature

Im not going to try it until at least 1.3. Sounds like a nightmare so far
DJ Remy USA 2:07 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
I can't be bothered learning another Dj platform. The appeal of CDJs is to not have to use a computer so this is counter intuitive to me. I'd rather spend that time curating playlists, producing or even just going outside.

this
DJ Quartz 5:35 PM - 2 October, 2015
Don't like the workflow at all, just wanted to try it out and see how it was.
4mydawgz 8:58 PM - 2 October, 2015
I think Serato and Traktor are too dominant for Pioneer to make more than a dent. The main thing is you have to buy a Pioneer mixer... unless their mixers are gonna be dual integrated with Serato and Rekordbox software, I really doubt anyone is going to buy a Pioneer mixer solely for Rekordbox. I really think the S9 is going to be dual integrated. That's why they priced it below the 57 mkii. Theyre gonna market the Serato DJ, but when you buy it they'll offer the Rekordbox software as well. That's really the only way. Nobody is going to drop Serato. Many have been using it for 5+ years.
DJ Remy USA 10:27 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
I think Serato and Traktor are too dominant for Pioneer to make more than a dent. The main thing is you have to buy a Pioneer mixer... unless their mixers are gonna be dual integrated with Serato and Rekordbox software, I really doubt anyone is going to buy a Pioneer mixer solely for Rekordbox. I really think the S9 is going to be dual integrated. That's why they priced it below the 57 mkii. Theyre gonna market the Serato DJ, but when you buy it they'll offer the Rekordbox software as well. That's really the only way. Nobody is going to drop Serato. Many have been using it for 5+ years.

try 10+
Phuture2 11:07 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
The main thing is you have to buy a Pioneer mixer...

This is no differnet than buying an overpriced Serato interface.
Mr. Goodkat 12:02 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
you have to buy a Pioneer mixer

or any of the 20 or so pioneer controllers supported. from what im reading they also use any soundcard not just pioneer. but maybe thats the trial. or maybe it will be like traktor.
4mydawgz 1:49 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
The main thing is you have to buy a Pioneer mixer...

This is no differnet than buying an overpriced Serato interface.

It's different because 75% (im guessing) of DJ's use Serato. Plus Serato offers DJ through Denon, Rane and Pioneer. Rekordbox only has two controllers right now. And we all know Pioneer comes out with a new version of their product every two years. So who's willing to chance it with Rekordbox at the price of the pioneer controllers?
4mydawgz 1:53 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
you have to buy a Pioneer mixer

or any of the 20 or so pioneer controllers supported. from what im reading they also use any soundcard not just pioneer. but maybe thats the trial. or maybe it will be like traktor.

I believe if it worked with other pioneer products, they would've said that. that's an easier switch than to have people purchase an expensive controller.
d:raf 2:37 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:

I believe if it worked with other pioneer products, they would've said that. that's an easier switch than to have people purchase an expensive controller.

Researching before posting; a dying art. :D

www.rekordbox.com
phonze 2:59 AM - 3 October, 2015
The only thing I find appealing about Rekordbox is the possibility to DJ with a laptop. If they can pull this off for DVS, I'm in. But there's still a lot of hurtles to overcome with this. For the mobile peeps, you need most of your music library with you for a lot of gigs. Even still, the possibility intrigues me as there are certain gigs I don't need most of my music library at my disposal.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:11 AM - 3 October, 2015
they may not be perfect (yet)... but Serato has 10+ years years on RBDJ. Apparently RB is no longer developed by Mixvibes(??? djworx.com)

RBDJ has a very ambitious road map out of the gate. We'll see... TIME WILL TELL.

meanwhile, I'll be DJing
DJ Remy USA 6:21 PM - 3 October, 2015
I think its gonna be open to all audio interfaces but only certain features in the program will work with rekord box certified equipment.
Lou Dog 8:47 PM - 3 October, 2015
So if any interface works do you still need a Rekordbox equipped CDJ to control the decks? Could I use a SL1 and CDJ-400s for example?
4mydawgz 9:19 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Researching before posting; a dying art. :D

www.rekordbox.com

Got me there. +1
Mr. Goodkat 9:43 PM - 3 October, 2015
''Just a quick note about routing. While rekordbox lists a particular group of Pioneer DJ controllers, you can route audio out any way you wish. In my brief play, I’ve pushed audio out through an old Traktor Audio 4 and a new A&H Xone:43C mixer without any issues. And all on OS X 10.11 too — told you I was a lemming. I haven’t stress tested it by any means, but adding all effects to all channels didn’t cause any issues through the 43C. It was a godawful mess, but didn’t glitch as far as I could tell.''

djworx.com
Will08272 8:50 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:
So if any interface works do you still need a Rekordbox equipped CDJ to control the decks? Could I use a SL1 and CDJ-400s for example?

The SL1 should work for audio, midi mapping is supposed to be added soon according to DJTechtools, so it would remail to be seen until it is updated.
BriChi 12:13 AM - 5 October, 2015
it's 4.0.0, there will be bugs unfortunately, if found report on pioneers forum being the engineers won't see issues on here. I have been using it and like it but won't use performance mode much, I like just using flash drives and LINK rekordbox to my laptop if i need to search for a track quick
Mr. Goodkat 10:10 AM - 5 October, 2015
its got some issues but there are a ton of cool features

simple things like mapping the keyboard with your own short cuts in any form with (i guess they would be called) modifiers aka shift or fn and a number or letter. Not just playback, but lets say you dont want to use playback, you can use it for efx, or too control decks 3-4.

really that would make the most sense if you wanted to use 4 decks with a 2 deck controller or even 4 deck controller so you dont have to switch back and forth.

serato has always been late to the game with midi implementation, and while things finally got working correctly in 1.72ish, it still pretty basic and the keyboard is static.

i remapped the keyboard to the serato standard quickly and easily and could play since i only have a srt and my laptop.

Went to try 3 deck mixing and it seemed to kinda slow down or at least be less responsive to cues, but 2 deck mixing was pretty smooth.

pad efx as others have noted are nice. i was confused as to what they were, but basically the virtual pads( 8 on interface that correspond to most midi controllers), have stuff like reverb, delay, and slip loops at 1/4 1/8 etc and 2 banks of them. The efx imo are closer to the Pioneer mixer and sound better than SDJ and are more usable than SDJ or Traktor.

overall, it will prob work well with pioneer midi controllers, ill wait and see with dvs.
freshadon 7:30 PM - 5 October, 2015
SL1 does not show up where i choose where to send out audio
Will08272 7:47 PM - 5 October, 2015
Just checked the Rane sit, and they never released drivers for the SL1 to be used as a audio interface. I totally forgot about that. I think the SL3 was the first device they were released for.
Lou Dog 7:52 PM - 5 October, 2015
Alright cool. Thanks for getting back to me on that Will
Will08272 7:54 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
Alright cool. Thanks for getting back to me on that Will

No problem family, what were here for.
Djkom 9:12 PM - 5 October, 2015
I've just found a future Rekordbox Plus Pack ! When you look in the preferences/settings window in 'Keyboard->File' there are 2 actions called "import Sampler Plus Pack" and "Download Sampler Plus Pack" !!!

I guess with this pack, il will be possible to have sampler "playlists" like for the remix decks in Traktor or it is just a the possibility to have access to a huge collection of samples ?
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:40 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Just checked the Rane sit, and they never released drivers for the SL1 to be used as a audio interface. I totally forgot about that. I think the SL3 was the first device they were released for.

it would be cool of Rane to release those so the SL1 would make a good sound card and regain some value
WarpNote 3:33 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
it would be cool of Rane to release those so the SL1 would make a good sound card and regain some value
I wouldn't expect them to release a driver for discontinued hardware.
And it doesn't makes sense from a business point?
dj_soo 4:11 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:

7 to 11 years worth of functionality not value enough for you?
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:50 AM - 6 October, 2015
I was under the impression they were made but not released because SSL has it's own drivers.

but yeah... moving on
Taipanic 5:15 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
i just downloaded as i plan to purchase the ddj rz in the near future. does anyone know will importing my music that i use with Serato be harmed. i just imported the same folders i use for serato into it and it's auto analyzing. i do not use itunes at all

Being a Serato user why would you get the RZ rather than the SZ. The SZ will let you use both Serato & Rekordbox, the RZ just RB. Other than a few extra features like changing the Oscilloscope sounds I wouldn't get the RZ unless you were planning to be "all in" with Pioneer.
djvtyme85 5:22 PM - 6 October, 2015
i wasn't aware it would be compatible thanks for the info
AddamXavier 5:25 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The SL1 actually does have both Core and ASIO drivers. they are only 32bit so that may be the reason you can't see them. but they definitely have drivers for use with 3rd party programs. i've used the SL1 with Ableton for a while now. But, again, i have to use the 32bit version to see it.
Will08272 5:30 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The SL1 actually does have both Core and ASIO drivers. they are only 32bit so that may be the reason you can't see them. but they definitely have drivers for use with 3rd party programs. i've used the SL1 with Ableton for a while now. But, again, i have to use the 32bit version to see it.

Thanks for that update.
Djkom 7:41 PM - 7 October, 2015
There are the lags in this video ???
Watchwww.youtube.com
(see scratches at 19min40)
Djkom 7:41 PM - 7 October, 2015
I mean where instead of there ;-)
Taipanic 7:47 PM - 7 October, 2015
The only lag I've seen so far in my limited use of it was when pressing the cue point pads. The would only register about once a second. This was on the SZ and note I'm not a scratcher, only did around 30 minutes of mixing and testing all the buttons.
dj_soo 9:13 PM - 7 October, 2015
i heard most of the complaints about lag is using CDJs in HID mode - which is something that even happens on SDJ.
Mr. Goodkat 11:01 PM - 7 October, 2015
cdjs are pretty tight when i use them but i only use them 2-3 x a month
BriChi 6:29 PM - 8 October, 2015
CDJ's scratching has lag, but doesn't seem any more laggy then when i used serato in HID mode
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:07 AM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
CDJ's scratching has lag, but doesn't seem any more laggy then when i used serato in HID mode

Not even close!! If my old ass 850's felt like that using SDJ I'd sell em and go back to 1200's. The amount of lag RB has is totally unuseable (atleast with cdjs in hid mode).....
Mr. Goodkat 7:36 AM - 9 October, 2015
anybody notice how loud it is? or about 1 db louder than sdj, maybe 2 past traktor 2.8.
BriChi 7:05 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not even close!! If my old ass 850's felt like that using SDJ I'd sell em and go back to 1200's. The amount of lag RB has is totally unuseable (atleast with cdjs in hid mode).....

never used them with SDJ, just scratch live years ago before i went to Rekordbox, maybe they have been improved since. either way, its a version .0, they will obviously make improvements
teemac111 1:10 AM - 14 October, 2015
As much as I hate to say it the Echo sounds good like Scratch live....dont know what the problem is with SDJ but it sounds horrible