Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

When will we see a 64-bit version of Serato DJ?

MBLL 7:55 AM - 3 September, 2015
I would like to see a 64-bit version of SDJ in a neer future.

The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to how much of your computer's memory (RAM) can be used by applications. A 32-bit version can use up to four gigabytes of RAM.

In contrast, a 64-bit version can use a theoretical maximum of 16 exabytes of RAM. This means you can work with files and applications, that are much larger and more memory-intensive than in a 32-bit version.
serkan 2:37 PM - 11 September, 2015
-1 on 64bit as it would require new firmware drivers for a lot of the existing controllers. A lot of the currently supported controllers are not updated anymore. In the case of Vestax the company that would need to provide those updates doesn't even exist anymore.

So further optimization of the application itself would be more beneficial for everyone.
amplogik 11:08 PM - 11 September, 2015
I write hardware drivers code as part of my day job. You can wrap 32 bit drivers in 64 bit NDIS wrappers no problem. It's a common enough problem these days that there are tons of solutions. So I don't think that's quite the issue you might think.

For the most part, this is recompiling with a 64 bit LLVM. You could have a 64 bit version and a 32 bit legacy version like many companies.

I'm fine with the 32 bit, but it's likely to be an issue going forward, as some OSes may be dropping support for 32 bit drivers or apps entirely in future releases. We'd still like serato to work in the future as I'm sure serato would too. ;)

I agree with prioritizing app optimization, but the 64 bit runtime that is one particular bridge that serato will have to cross in the near future anyway. If anyone needs beta testers for it, I'd be happy to oblige. :)
Frozone 6:22 PM - 14 September, 2015
+1
ojgbagg27 12:45 AM - 15 September, 2015
+1
Culprit 8:59 PM - 7 September, 2016
+1