Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato & Mixcloud: Promoting Your Mix

9:28 PM, 24 Aug 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
WORDTHIEVES 12:20 PM - 25 August, 2015
dope
charlie blac 10:02 PM - 27 August, 2015
I love mixcloud, but their licensing agreement means that fictional Usher mixtape would get zero listens from the US since you can't have more than 3 songs from the same artist...

Still better than any other hosting site though.
ninjagaijin 9:00 AM - 28 August, 2015
For controversial reasons whenever I upload a mix with more than 4 tracks by the same artist to mixcloud, I rename the artist names slightly.
seratouser 9:16 AM - 28 August, 2015
Link to "Follow us on Mixcluod" is broken. You forgot adding a scheme.
djspawn 1:33 PM - 28 August, 2015
Love Mixcloud & Serato combo! Been using it for awhile now (since that other "cloud" is not mix friendly). Highly recommend it! Drop me a follow and listen to my latest set on #Mixcloud: www.mixcloud.com
seratouser 2:12 PM - 28 August, 2015
Quote:
Love Mixcloud & Serato combo! Been using it for awhile now (since that other "cloud" is not mix friendly). Highly recommend it! Drop me a follow and listen to my latest set on #Mixcloud: www.mixcloud.com

indeed, that combo rules. will check your stuff later!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:28 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
Link to "Follow us on Mixcluod" is broken. You forgot adding a scheme.

Thanks for the heads up seratouser, should be fixed now :)
DJ I.S.O.T.T. 5:00 PM - 21 May, 2016
I would say Serato and Mixcloud is a perfect Combination....!
I create a lot of FanĀ“s more with the Serato Playlist function..!

Thanks for this awesome feature.!

Greetz to you all @ Serato,High5 and please stay healthy and comfortable...

Kind regreeds from Austria to you...
;-)
DJ Tiny UK 10:03 AM - 31 May, 2016
I've been using Mixcloud for some time (the other clud based service was pants and would throw out mixes, plus a measly two hour limit) and always use the serato playlist feature when uploading live mixes
DjFloops 11:38 PM - 24 December, 2016
Quote:
I love mixcloud, but their licensing agreement means that fictional Usher mixtape would get zero listens from the US since you can't have more than 3 songs from the same artist...

Easy fix..dont fill out artist or simply do not supply a track list.
seratouser 1:47 PM - 2 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Better would be just adding the track year or another incrementing number behind the artist name. This way you can have more than 3 but still respect the artists.
ninjagaijin 8:31 AM - 23 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Better would be just adding the track year or another incrementing number behind the artist name. This way you can have more than 3 but still respect the artists.

yeah I just add a character like underscore, 0 instead of o or 1 instead of i etc