Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

CRATE COLOR CODING

DJ_Esco 9:09 PM - 23 August, 2015
It would be nice if Main Crates (Text or Horizontal Column around text ) can be Color Coded this would make things far easier for those of us with multiple creates which we jump in and out from.

I literally use about 15-26 crates when DJing at any given event or set. I have no problem reading the name of the create I have given it but it would be nice if I could also color code them as well this way I can instantly spot any crate I have set up for any particular purpose.

Many thanks Serato keep up the good work!

DJ Esco
grkdre 1:31 AM - 25 August, 2015
+1

I have a long list of crates that I would love to sort by colour!
deejdave 2:29 AM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
+1

I have a long list of crates that I would love to sort by colour!

I saw this yesterday and I actually passed on for this very reason. There are only so many colors distinguishable for crates. A systematically organized whether chronologically by dates or alphabetically by genre, title, riddim or whatever will have MANY crates. W the exception of sorting colors by energy, mood, or similar category colors wouldn't do me much good.

This is me personally though. Just curious if you had something else in mind I hadn't thought of as you said you have many crates yourself. How would 8 (or so to be consistent with what is offered for tracks and cue points) colors help you with a large amount of crates?
DJ_Esco 6:59 AM - 25 August, 2015
Ok here is an Example

HipHop (Red) Dirty Tracks
HipHop (Blue) Tracks from ATL
Hip Hop Green (Tracks to Promote)
HipHop(Yellow) for use in this session

Then each one of these would have sub crates under them
------------
Or Senario #2

HIP HOP < (text or highlight RED)
HipHop Dirty Tracks
HipHop Tracks from ATL
Hip Hop Tracks to Promote)
HipHop for use in this session

LATIN CLUB (Text or Highlight Yellow)
Dembow
Bachata
Reggaeton
Salsa

EDM (Blue)
Festival Trap
DubStep
--------------------

This will allow me to visually group categories while mixing on the fly

As it stands I have 52 Crates each having any where from 3-11 Subcrates Not including smart crates.
deejdave 9:10 PM - 25 August, 2015
I get what you are saying and this falls directly into what I am asking. Most DJ's are multi genre and this system seems to peak at any given genre nevermind the sub genres within.

Not trying to be a pain I was just curious if there was a scenario I was missing. I personally have 13 crates myself but this branches out to about 1,000 subcrates LOL. I know this is a bit much but I am a organization freak. BTW Don't take this as a -1 or a nay sayer or anything. If it would help you out I mean what's the harm in adding this right? I suppose this may help me add some color aid to the root genre crates but that is probably as far as that goes.

Hope you get what you want here.
Vagab0nd 10:31 AM - 13 January, 2019
I feel it would be useful if I could colour a crate the way we do tracks. Just to highlight important crates. Sometimes I’ve got them all stacked at the top but I can get a lot of crates going at one time. And it is easy to lose my way when stressed. Lol. A little help with colour could be useful.
KaliAztlan66 2:34 AM - 23 February, 2019
2019 and we still don't have colored crates? Would make it way easier than looking at 30 mustard colored crates on my screen! Please add in the next update
Bornd Fono 6:44 AM - 4 March, 2019
+1 for this!
grkdre 9:12 PM - 8 March, 2019
Wow... I +1'd this 4 years ago and I'm still following a dead-end conversation...
djroblove 10:51 PM - 24 February, 2020
This needs to be fixed on the next upgrade.
Cjcab305 1:59 PM - 28 February, 2020
+1 for this too!
Bornd Fono 9:21 AM - 29 February, 2020
Quote:
Wow... I +1'd this 4 years ago and I'm still following a dead-end conversation...

It's called the "Serato Experience" ;)
Cjcab305 11:12 PM - 29 February, 2020
WOW, dead end indeed it seems! :(
Angelo2019 11:13 AM - 29 October, 2020
+1 to have the option to add custom colors for the crates icon