Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The Earth is Round.... Prove it.

AKIEM 11:22 PM - 14 August, 2015
LMAO @ the difficulty so far....
AKIEM 11:23 PM - 14 August, 2015
The Earth is flat

The surfice is a 'mobius plane' in a localized area of the universe. If you travel east or west for 25000 miles you will find yourself where you began. Half that north or south.

Aside from mountains and valleys, travelling on the earth is limited to two dimensions. You can rise above it in a space craft, or dig down into it looking for oil and shit.

Because of the negative effects of gravity (ag) on the eloctromagnetic spectrum being greatest, light bends away from the surface of the earth. This is why it *appears to curve.
AKIEM 12:11 AM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But, seriously, no one knows if there is a heaven or not. I'm leaning towards no since we pretty much created the word.

nm

LMAO Worst 'logic' ever.

We created ALL the words.

lol

nm

Actually that logic makes perfect sense. Yes, we created ALL the words....and just like the concept of heaven and hell, if the entire human race died tonight, those words would cease to exist

LMAO NO, you are making it worse.

If the entire human race dies tonight all the yap yaping would cease - but words would remain, so would things named by words...

so yeah

www.oxforddictionaries.com

Note that the word North is only used to describe things in reference to the earth because it is a word and definition made up be humans.

Yet you think there is a North of the universe.

Heads gone.

In a localized area of the Universe there certainly is. Or as a reference from any location.

Definition of north in English:
noun

(usually the north)
1The direction in which a compass needle normally points, towards the horizon on the left-hand side of a person facing east, or the part of the horizon lying in this direction:
a bitter wind blew from the north
Mount Kenya is to the north of Nairobi

Exactly - i agree with this definition.

....and you are still trying to PROVE the earth is round?

lol

If you agree with that definition then you disgree with your statement immediately proceeding it.A compass needle operates on attraction to the earths magetic field. If your localised area of the universe isnt on earth, north no longer exists

It is on on Earth. Where else would the magnatism come from?.

Thats not what you said, "In a localized area of the Universe there certainly is. " That does not indicate earth necessarily, especially when the question at hamd has to do with the universe

You are confusing the Earth with The Universe yet again, or confusing magnetism with what indicates direction - or some such confusion.

The earth occupies a local area of the Universe. That area is a Mobius Field due to the gravitation of a large body - planet size. The Earth is effectively bending space/universe and creating a localized area where the width is 25000 miles. The Earth and The Universe is 25000 miles across at location: Earth. It sometimes helps to invasion the curvature of space like a bowl/funnel and at the bottom of it is the Earth plugging it (well because it kinda is without getting too far into planet/star vs black hole) www.astrosociety.org

Magnetism is a field oriented to (but not always) the length and width of a large body. Magnetized objects will align to this field.

"North" is a name given to what we consider the cardinal direction in order to orient our selves, thats why maps are usually drawn and hung on walls with North pointing "up". On a 2d plane (such as the Earth surface) we can name the directions whatever we want, usually North, East, West, South (like ODB said that spells NEWS). And in 3d we add "up" and "down".

static.rcgroups.net

3D Space | 3 "axis" we can assign the directions to whatever axis we like. But we orient the North|South axis along the magnetic field. East|West counter to that, and Up|Down is obviously aligned with the direction of gravity.

Now as far as the Universe having a direction, as we have seen space is curved by the mass of large bodies so assigning 'direction' in the Universe becomes difficult especially when dealing with the higher dimensions required to have a understandable model. But its easier with a simple model and using Galaxies. Because there is not a magnetic field of the universe you can't orient North to anything. Mater of fact all (well most) "fields" are oriented to the observer. So you can select ANY axis as North if you need to think of a cardinal direction. Z could be "north" So say from US to whatever Galaxy should be considered a North|South axis, the we can choose another axis which gives us a third.

cosmicweb.uchicago.edu

example of the observable universe in three dimensions.

dmanit, I was trying to not go off in all direction... no pun
Davideon 6:13 AM - 15 August, 2015
Bless you. You really think you're right.

You come across as quite intelligent yet contradict yourself and get so easily confused.

You believe that the whole universe is oriented with reference to earth. You think there is an Up in the universe the same as the way we hang maps of our one in 50000000000000000000000000000 of the planets.

Do draw pictures on your walls?
Davideon 9:08 AM - 15 August, 2015
AKIEm. Please add your theory about the horizon and how earth bends light by a huge amount.

It's not fair to leave that gem hidden away in the other thread. Share the humour
AKIEM 2:50 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
Bless you. You really think you're right.

You come across as quite intelligent yet contradict yourself and get so easily confused.

Ha, the two latter - no

Quote:

You believe that the whole universe is oriented with reference to earth.

Incorrect. I do not.

The Universe has no orientation, there is no magnetic field or anyrhing else naturally accouring to align with. (of course unless observing from higher dimension)

However, we CAN orient the universe according to the earth if we choose. Or we can point to ANY star out there and say - thats "north". Same way consolations are just named into being.

Quote:

You think there is an Up in the universe the same as the way we hang maps of our one in 50000000000000000000000000000 of the planets.

incorrect. No i do not. You can CHOOSE a direction and call it "up" - again there is nothing in the Universe to align with. The Universe looks roughly the same in every direction.

Quote:

Do draw pictures on your walls?

No, but i did just order a South Side Up Map. And i personally orient west as "up" as if i was walking the "path" of the sun. But i cant find any maps like that.

And i was a graffiti artist so i have drawn on walls.

Quote:
AKIEm. Please add your theory about the horizon and how earth bends light by a huge amount.

It's not fair to leave that gem hidden away in the other thread. Share the humour

Humour? lol

Thought that was in the second post?

Dude listen - it was just 80 some years ago astronomers thought the milky way was all the stars in the universe and other galaxies were just clouds of dust. Turns out the Universe is a billion+ times larger. What we think we know today will change. And one day you will think back on this thread and think - damn, that mf was right!
Davideon 4:29 PM - 15 August, 2015
so you're confirming that as we learn more through science , what we. Elite bed in the past is shown to be wrong?

Yet you don't apply this to early humans believing in gods As that was their only explanation for phenomenally couldn't understand
Davideon 4:29 PM - 15 August, 2015
What we believed in the past
AKIEM 6:59 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
so you're confirming that as we learn more through science , what we. Elite bed in the past is shown to be wrong?

Sure, plenty is proven to be incorrect, plenty has stood the test of time.

I dont think you can judge an idea solely by when or where it originated.

Quote:

Yet you don't apply this to early humans believing in gods As that was their only explanation for phenomenally couldn't understand

See how built into you question is the fact that god does not exist and was simply invented to explain whatever phenomenon?

Some times science actually confirms long held beliefs or thoughts.

At one point the scientific consensus the universe was static therefore uncreated. But now the leading accepted theory is the universe sprang into being 13.whatever billion years ago.

Consider Cosmology placed us in the center of creation. Then it was accepted the earth revolved around the sun. Ridicule. And then it was accepted the solar system was in the boring outer edge of the spiral arm of the galaxy. Ridicule. Then it was accepted that our galaxy is simply one of a couple hundred billion galaxies, not even that cool of one. Ridicule.... But wait, all the galaxies are moving away as if what? Yes i am back in the center of the Universe.

But isnt this the prove the earth is round thread?
DJ Remix Detroit 7:12 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
You come across as quite intelligent

april fools!
AKIEM 7:18 PM - 15 August, 2015
Oh shit - the stalker followed me here.
Davideon 9:36 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:

You tell me. As yet you have provided zero proof
AKIEM 11:07 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Correct. I provided a counter argument. Im waiting for anyone to prove the earth is round.

anyone?
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:34 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Correct. I provided a counter argument. Im waiting for anyone to prove the earth is round.

anyone?

In your flat earth theory. Are you saying that the earth is a flat surface and we all live on "top" of the flat surface. ..for example ants living top of a plate?
Davideon 6:13 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

We already have on numerous occasions.
AKIEM 11:34 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

In your flat earth theory. Are you saying that the earth is a flat surface and we all live on "top" of the flat surface. ..for example ants living top of a plate?

Correct. Only its not shapped like a plate.
AKIEM 11:39 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

We already have on numerous occasions.

numerous? ha, no

What was there? Photos from space and ships disappearing? Both explained by the bending of light. And no ones actually even seen the ship effect, which has several other possible explanations besides...

Hardly proven
RogerRabbit 12:01 PM - 16 August, 2015
You already won the debate, I guess you like kicking people when they are down. :)
Davideon 12:54 PM - 16 August, 2015
So you're saying that the photos from space showing the earth is a sphere are wrong because of bending of light? Omg.

science.nasa.gov

How can it be possible that we can bounce llasers off the moon if the light gets bent?

www.einstein-online.info
The above shows how ridiculous your comment is.

Now answer me this : when there is a lunar eclipse we can see earths shadow in the moon. The shadow is curved. Why is it curved?
Davideon 1:08 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

What's on the bottom of your earth?
AKIEM 7:01 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
You already won the debate, I guess you like kicking people when they are down. :)

LOL!
AKIEM 7:03 PM - 16 August, 2015
BBD, now we get some interesting argument...
AKIEM 7:06 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

What's on the bottom of your earth?

A mobius plane the same size as the surface, but it is infinitely dense. It is the source of gravity. If it attracts enough mass (collapsed star) it would become a black hole.
AKIEM 7:22 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
So you're saying that the photos from space showing the earth is a sphere are wrong because of bending of light? Omg.

science.nasa.gov

How can it be possible that we can bounce llasers off the moon if the light gets bent?

Gravity bends light away from the surface of the earth inverse to the size/mass. A laser pointing straight up is not bent. A laser parallel to the surface is bent a quarter circle at quarter the length of the earth.

The moon does the same thing in reverse if we are shining a light on it - which is usually the reverse as the moon is reflecting light from the Sun

Quote:

www.einstein-online.info

Now answer me this : when there is a lunar eclipse we can see earths shadow in the moon. The shadow is curved. Why is it curved?

Really?

Think - whats a shadow?

The edge of light.

So if the light follows a curved path then so does the shadow. No?
Davideon 8:26 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

science.nasa.gov

Gravity bends light away from the surface of the earth inverse to the size/mass. A laser pointing straight up is not bent. A laser parallel to the surface is bent a quarter circle at quarter the length of the earth.

The moon does the same thing in reverse if we are shining a light on it - which is usually the reverse as the moon is reflecting light from the Sun

Quote:
www.einstein-online.info

Really?

Think - whats a shadow?

The edge of light.

No.

Did you read my link about the microspoic amount that light gets bent? It's not a spoon.
AKIEM 8:39 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

science.nasa.gov

Quote:
www.einstein-online.info

Really?

Think - whats a shadow?

The edge of light.

No.

Did you read my link about the microspoic amount that light gets bent? It's not a spoon.

Yes. It is incorrect.
AKIEM 8:41 PM - 16 August, 2015
Tho it does show that kight can be bent. Wrong direction, wrong amount.
AKIEM 8:41 PM - 16 August, 2015
*Light
Davideon 7:36 AM - 17 August, 2015
Good arguments. Are you a lawyer ?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:17 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Good arguments. Are you a lawyer ?

Oh lawd.....
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:12 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

Great info. Lets try this hypothesis out. A buddy of mine is doing some contract work over in Japan. I facetimed with him yesterday and while it was night time over here, it was bright and sunny over there. Now, before you come up with some kinda wacky notion that the sun just follows an infinite plane. If I were to facetime with him on Sept 27th, then while I was facetiming him with a shinning sun in his background. There would be a total eclipse of the moon in mine, this being caused by the earths position between the moon and the sun, which shows that the sun was ideed on the underside of your earth "plate". Now, taking this a step further, the shadow cast upon the moon will be.....round! Proving the object between the light point and shadow is also round.

Following the noton of using celestial bodies as an idication, as we move about the globe the orientation of constilations change. The further from the equator you go, the more some constilations move towards the horizon and are replaced by different stars.
Davideon 2:42 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

Great info. Lets try this hypothesis out. A buddy of mine is doing some contract work over in Japan. I facetimed with him yesterday and while it was night time over here, it was bright and sunny over there. Now, before you come up with some kinda wacky notion that the sun just follows an infinite plane. If I were to facetime with him on Sept 27th, then while I was facetiming him with a shinning sun in his background. There would be a total eclipse of the moon in mine, this being caused by the earths position between the moon and the sun, which shows that the sun was ideed on the underside of your earth "plate". Now, taking this a step further, the shadow cast upon the moon will be.....round! Proving the object between the light point and shadow is also round.

Following the noton of using celestial bodies as an idication, as we move about the globe the orientation of constilations change. The further from the equator you go, the more some constilations move towards the horizon and are replaced by different stars.

Exactly.

I also want to how and why the moon orbits the Earth if the earth isn't a sphere. IM guessing newtons laws of physics are wrong again. Naughty Newton!
Davideon 2:53 PM - 17 August, 2015
en.m.wikipedia.org

Explain this
Davideon 3:02 PM - 17 August, 2015
In the middle of the afternoon, when the sun is directly overhead, no shadows are cast by vertical poles.

Yet at the exact same time, a vertical pillar 1000 miles away casts a shadow. This happens became the earth is a sphere.

Fact.
AKIEM 7:20 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
In the middle of the afternoon, when the sun is directly overhead, no shadows are cast by vertical poles.

Yet at the exact same time, a vertical pillar 1000 miles away casts a shadow. This happens became the earth is a sphere.

Fact.

...as i said the mass of the earth (and sun etc) bends light. No shadows cast means the light from the sun is centered on that focal point. For simplicity it helps to think of sun shine a spot light (tho its much more complicated)
AKIEM 7:23 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

Exactly.

I also want to how and why the moon orbits the Earth if the earth isn't a sphere. IM guessing newtons laws of physics are wrong again. Naughty Newton!

Newtons Laws are not wrong, just limited.
Davideon 7:46 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Fact.

...as i said the mass of the earth (and sun etc) bends light. No shadows cast means the light from the sun is centered on that focal point. For simplicity it helps to think of sun shine a spot light (tho its much more complicated)

That doesn't counter the fact I posted.

Have you got any evidence or anything to back up your claim on bending light?

(I'm getting a sense of déjà vu here)
AKIEM 7:53 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

en.es-static.us

Shows how sun light is focused by curvature caused by gravity.

As i said in my second post on this subject, understanding the actual relationships between large bodies requires understanding higjer dimentiona space, not just 3D.

Just as light is bent, space is "bent". A simple 3d model attempting to explain this would be the funel/bowl curve figure we already looked at. Now imagine those forming a triangle spouts facing out. That would be the relationship betwee the sun, earth and moon. But because we are dealing with a higher dimentional space those funnels would appear to overlap each other some times. Thats the best 3d model i can come up with right now describing 4/5 dimentional space.

You know how they say a fourth dimentional being would look like it just appears in the room or walks through walls - yeah like that.

Another 3d way of seeing the galaxy is as a very long column of stars, planets and moons, and the light from stars, and reflecting from planets and moons seems to jump past objects like a latice weave....

If you are not familiar with how higher dimensional space works......
AKIEM 7:54 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fact.

That doesn't counter the fact I posted.

Have you got any evidence or anything to back up your claim on bending light?

(I'm getting a sense of déjà vu here)

Yes. Look at the Sun and the Moon, they appear to be round!
Davideon 8:27 PM - 17 August, 2015
You're tripping. The moon and sun are round. So light bends over just hundreds of miles (by what by the way - what causes the light to bend ?), yet we can see the sun, and the Hubble telescope can see millions of miles away.

Your idea makes no sense on any level.

The 4th dimension is time.

I am well aware of other dimensions, and am well versed in M-theory. But you speak total nonsense.

And just posting a random picture doesn't support your idea in anyway. Yes light is bent by gravity, but in context of the earth and sun it is sub microscopic.
www.einstein-online.info
AKIEM 8:42 PM - 17 August, 2015
I already explained to you that light is bent inverse to gravity.

Just because flat objects are light years away does not mean their light is not bent before it reaches us.

The time is a measure, not a fourth spacial dimention.
AKIEM 8:45 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
You're tripping. The moon and sun are round. So light bends over just hundreds of miles (by what by the way - what causes the light to bend ?), yet we can see the sun, and the Hubble telescope can see millions of miles away.

Your idea makes no sense on any level.

The 4th dimension is time.

I am well aware of other dimensions, and am well versed in M-theory. But you speak total nonsense.

And just posting a random picture doesn't support your idea in anyway. Yes light is bent by gravity, but in context of the earth and sun it is sub microscopic.
www.einstein-online.info

Wrong. The negative force of gravity is also (at least a part) of the missing 'dark energy'. Same as the 'dark mass' being the extra mass of the earth not calculated for as a sphere....

[sigh] So no proof the earth is round? not a single shreed of evidence [sigh]
Davideon 8:52 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
[

Omg. You've still given nothing to support you crazy world.

The horizon
Shadows
Time zones etc.

If the earth is flat, and taking account of hie gravity worked, why are people at the edge of the earth (where is the edge? Is New York on the edge) not being pulled inwards at an angle? Where is it in earth that people can't stand up and a right angle to the surface?

All this physics and scientific fact eh? Now where is my evidence ?

Seriously re read all my posts. I've ripped your argument apart like a rabid dog eating a honey covered rabbit
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:57 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
I've ripped your argument apart like a rabid dog eating a honey covered rabbit

Jesus...

Please continue....
AKIEM 9:04 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
[

Omg. You've still given nothing to support you crazy world.

The horizon
Shadows
Time zones etc.

If the earth is flat, and taking account of hie gravity worked, why are people at the edge of the earth (where is the edge? Is New York on the edge) not being pulled inwards at an angle? Where is it in earth that people can't stand up and a right angle to the surface?

All this physics and scientific fact eh? Now where is my evidence ?

Seriously re read all my posts. I've ripped your argument apart like a rabid dog eating a honey covered rabbit

LOL - more like a jelly fish imagining busting through a brick wall.

I have answered a those questions above. There is no edge like the astroids video game.

The source of gravity is very dense plane on the underside of the earth, same as all planets and stars.....

All i do is answere your questions here.....

wow

And still.not a.single piece of proof the earth is round presented by anyone..... read the thread topic again.... yeah.... :-)
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:27 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

en.es-static.us

As i said in my second post on this subject, understanding the actual relationships between large bodies requires understanding higjer dimentiona space, not just 3D.

Just as light is bent, space is "bent". A simple 3d model attempting to explain this would be the funel/bowl curve figure we already looked at. Now imagine those forming a triangle spouts facing out. That would be the relationship betwee the sun, earth and moon. But because we are dealing with a higher dimentional space those funnels would appear to overlap each other some times. Thats the best 3d model i can come up with right now describing 4/5 dimentional space.

You know how they say a fourth dimentional being would look like it just appears in the room or walks through walls - yeah like that.

Another 3d way of seeing the galaxy is as a very long column of stars, planets and moons, and the light from stars, and reflecting from planets and moons seems to jump past objects like a latice weave....

None of that has anything to do with what I stated
AKIEM 9:33 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

en.es-static.us

All of it does.

And still, absolutely no proof the earth is round.

shame :-)
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:44 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

anyone?

en.es-static.us

All of it does.

And still, absolute proof the earth is round.

shame :-)

Yup, /thread
CMOS 9:57 PM - 17 August, 2015
If it were flat wouldnt astronauts obiting the planet eventually see it turn into a straight line like if you are flpping a 12" vinyl jacket over?

This ones too scientific, making brain hurt.
AKIEM 11:21 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
If it were flat wouldnt astronauts obiting the planet eventually see it turn into a straight line like if you are flpping a 12" vinyl jacket over?

This ones too scientific, making brain hurt.

Hmmm... If it was shapped like a record it wiykd be 'round' tho.

However. A good way of understanding the actual surface is the old school Asteroids game.

youtu.be

Notice how there is no ledge. Travel east, you come from the west. Travel north you come from the south.
RogerRabbit 6:10 AM - 18 August, 2015
I see the three intended targets not taking the bait.

You had the insurgents pinned down and you decided to move the battle to a new location.
You should have completely slaughtered them when you had the opportunity.

The insurgents never showed up to the new battle location.
RogerRabbit 6:15 AM - 18 August, 2015
Ok, two of them showed up briefly, threw three rounds rocks from the distance then ran back to the trenches with their compañero..
Davideon 7:27 AM - 18 August, 2015
The farther you go from the equator, the farther the ‘known’ constellations go towards the horizon, and are replaced by different stars. This would not have happened if the world was flat.

Standing in a flat plateau, you look ahead of you towards the horizon. You strain your eyes, then take out your favorite binoculars and stare through them, as far as your eyes (with the help of the binocular lenses) can see.

Then, you climb up the closest tree – the higher the better, just be careful not to drop those binoculars and break their lenses. You then look again, strain your eyes, stare through the binoculars out to the horizon.

The higher up you are the farther you will see. Usually, we tend to relate this to Earthly obstacles, like the fact we have houses or other trees obstructing our vision on the ground, and climbing upwards we have a clear view, but that’s not the true reason. Even if you would have a completely clear plateau with no obstacles between you and the horizon, you would see much farther from greater height than you would on the ground.

This phenomena is caused by the curvature of the Earth as well, and would not happen if the Earth was flat.

If you’ve ever taken a trip out of the country, specifically long-destination trips, you could notice two interesting facts about planes and the Earth:

Planes can travel in a relatively straight line a very long time and not fall off any edges. They can also, theoretically (and some do, though with stops along the way), circle the earth.
If you look out the window on a trans-Atlantic flight, you can, most of the times, see the curvature of the earth in the horizon. The best view of the curvature used to be on the Concorde, but that plane’s long gone.

There’s an interesting fact about mass: it attracts things to it. The force of attraction (gravity) between two objects depends on their mass and the distance between them. Simply said, gravity will pull toward the center of mass of the objects. To find the center of mass, you have to examine the object.

Consider a sphere. Since a sphere has a consistent shape, no matter where on it you stand, you have exactly the same amount of sphere under you. Imagine an ant (perhaps the same one from the previous point) walking around on a crystal ball. Assuming the crystal ball is polished, the ant’s only indication of movement would be the fact it’s moving its feet. The scenery (and shape of the surface) would not change at all.

Consider a flat plane. The center of mass of a flat plane is in its center and the force of gravity will pull a person toward the middle of the plain. That means that if you stand on the edge of the plane, gravity will be pulling you toward the middle, not straight down like you usually experience.

I am quite positive that even for Australians an apple falls downwards, but if you have your doubts, I urge you to try it out.

Oh, and let's not forget time zones.

All of these are scientific proofs.

All you have is your idiotic "bending of light " argument which is devoid of common sense, and goes against the proven laws of physics.

There's some proofs for you, end of debate.

grin.hq.nasa.gov

And there's some more indisputable proof.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:57 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
The farther you go from the equator, the farther the ‘known’ constellations go towards the horizon, and are replaced by different stars. This would not have happened if the world was flat.

Standing in a flat plateau, you look ahead of you towards the horizon. You strain your eyes, then take out your favorite binoculars and stare through them, as far as your eyes (with the help of the binocular lenses) can see.

Then, you climb up the closest tree – the higher the better, just be careful not to drop those binoculars and break their lenses. You then look again, strain your eyes, stare through the binoculars out to the horizon.

The higher up you are the farther you will see. Usually, we tend to relate this to Earthly obstacles, like the fact we have houses or other trees obstructing our vision on the ground, and climbing upwards we have a clear view, but that’s not the true reason. Even if you would have a completely clear plateau with no obstacles between you and the horizon, you would see much farther from greater height than you would on the ground.

This phenomena is caused by the curvature of the Earth as well, and would not happen if the Earth was flat.

If you’ve ever taken a trip out of the country, specifically long-destination trips, you could notice two interesting facts about planes and the Earth:

Planes can travel in a relatively straight line a very long time and not fall off any edges. They can also, theoretically (and some do, though with stops along the way), circle the earth.
If you look out the window on a trans-Atlantic flight, you can, most of the times, see the curvature of the earth in the horizon. The best view of the curvature used to be on the Concorde, but that plane’s long gone.

There’s an interesting fact about mass: it attracts things to it. The force of attraction (gravity) between two objects depends on their mass and the distance between them. Simply said, gravity will pull toward the center of mass of the objects. To find the center of mass, you have to examine the object.

Consider a sphere. Since a sphere has a consistent shape, no matter where on it you stand, you have exactly the same amount of sphere under you. Imagine an ant (perhaps the same one from the previous point) walking around on a crystal ball. Assuming the crystal ball is polished, the ant’s only indication of movement would be the fact it’s moving its feet. The scenery (and shape of the surface) would not change at all.

Consider a flat plane. The center of mass of a flat plane is in its center and the force of gravity will pull a person toward the middle of the plain. That means that if you stand on the edge of the plane, gravity will be pulling you toward the middle, not straight down like you usually experience.

I am quite positive that even for Australians an apple falls downwards, but if you have your doubts, I urge you to try it out.

All you have is your idiotic "bending of light " argument which is devoid of common sense, and goes against the proven laws of physics.

grin.hq.nasa.gov

To be completely fair I have to admit that a digital photo on the Internet is far from "indisputable "
Davideon 2:40 PM - 18 August, 2015
I meant the fact that countless photos from Americans, Russian and Chinese astronauts all prove the earth is round as opposed to that specific photo.

Akiem, is the moon round?
AKIEM 4:48 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
I meant the fact that countless photos from Americans, Russian and Chinese astronauts all prove the earth is round as opposed to that specific photo.

Akiem, is the moon round?

Of course not. As I have stated several times all large bodies in the universe are flat surfaced from moons to stars.

No wonder you are not able to prove anything to me and why I have to repeat the same thing over and over agan
AKIEM 4:49 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
To be completely fair I have to admit that a digital photo on the Internet is far from "indisputable "

See, now some sense is being made here.
AKIEM 5:20 PM - 18 August, 2015
So more plagiarized writing huh?

I should just go post someone else's response...

Lets see if we have any new info - doubt it

Quote:

Incorrect.

Point A
The Earth *appears* due to the curvature of light. If you were capable of understanding that concept you would realize there is no VISUAL proof to dispute the fact.

Quote:

Incorrect.

Point B
The Earth is a mobius plane. Any direction you travel you will return to you original location. The perfect analog to this is the Atari video game Asteroids. As I have ALREADY mentioned.

Quote:

Okay, some new info. But the above is also true about a mobius or an infinite plane. The force of gravity is the same in all directions for all smaller bodies. Now because the Earth is about 25000 by 12500 miles you will get less pull from north|south axis - this is what keeps the solar system aligned (or the way you see it on the same plane roughly)

Quote:

I already posted a map explaining how time zones work

Quote:

All of them have been countered

Quote:

The laws of physics - you mean the laws which are quite steadily being disproven and upgraded - ok

It is common sense to recognize the earth is flat, we all experience it on a day to day basses as a flat surface.

Quote:

All of them countered as usual.

Quote:

grin.hq.nasa.gov

Actually it was disputed....

So once again you have failed to prove the Earth is round. You keep presenting mostly the same info over and over again - which simply does not work :)
Davideon 5:40 PM - 18 August, 2015
Hopefully the men in white coats will come and get you soon.

I'm going to leave this abortion of a thread as its a complete joke.
A proof is a proof. By definition they can't be countered

Smh
AKIEM 5:44 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:

Smh

Proofs are countered and disproven ALL THE TIME. Thats how science works.

This thread has served its purpose.

If you are trying to prove something to someone but you dont know what they will accept or what the criteria is - no surprise it cant be done.

Anyone can stand there like a brick wall claiming something has not been proven - its pretty easy to do.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:04 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Smh

If you are trying to prove something to someone but you dont know what they will accept or what the criteria is - no surprise it cant be done.

Anyone can stand there like a brick wall claiming something has not been proven - its pretty easy to do.

Heres the thing. Im assuming that you are saying this in regards to the religion thread. The difference you are missing is that in this thread we ARE throwing toooons of "proof" wich we can use to debate. I agree, all of this science IS debatable, and thus we can go back and forth and the truth should hold up under scrootiny. This is not whats happening in the reliion argument . In that discussion it is simply someone saying "god exists" then closing their ears when the counter arguments come back
AKIEM 7:58 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smh

Heres the thing. Im assuming that you are saying this in regards to the religion thread. The difference you are missing is that in this thread we ARE throwing toooons of "proof" wich we can use to debate. I agree, all of this science IS debatable, and thus we can go back and forth and the truth should hold up under scrootiny. This is not whats happening in the reliion argument . In that discussion it is simply someone saying "god exists" then closing their ears when the counter arguments come back

Absolutly not.

Someone is saying: 'God does not exist - you cant prove it to my'

Conversation: what do you mean by god? What will you accept as proof? Whats the criteria we are using?

Answer: mute
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:04 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smh

Absolutly not.

Conversation: what do you mean by god? What will you accept as proof? Whats the criteria we are using?

Wel lets fix that then

what do you mean by god? Whatever god you believe in

d? What will you accept as proof? anything that proves or even insuinuates it exists

Whats the criteria we are using? Science
AKIEM 1:07 AM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smh

Absolutly not.

Wel lets fix that then

Lets make moves...

Quote:

whatever God I say exists?

Quote:
What will you accept as proof? anything that proves or even insuinuates it exists
hmmm... Well yes anything that proves.... Ok insinuates?

insinuate
[in-sin-yoo-eyt]
verb (used with object), insinuated, insinuating.
1. to suggest or hint slyly:
He insinuated that they were lying.

2. to instill or infuse subtly or artfully, as into the mind:
to insinuate doubts through propaganda.

3.to bring or introduce into a position or relation by indirect or artful methods:
to insinuate oneself into favor.

Quote:

systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:59 AM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smh

Absolutly not.

Wel lets fix that then

Lets make moves...

Quote:

Quote:
What will you accept as proof? anything that proves or even insuinuates it exists

insinuate
[in-sin-yoo-eyt]

3.to bring or introduce into a position or relation by indirect or artful methods:

Quote:

systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

sure, now we are on the same page.....care to continue lol
AKIEM 3:28 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Smh

Absolutly not.

Wel lets fix that then

Lets make moves...

Quote:

Quote:

insinuate
[in-sin-yoo-eyt]

Quote:

sure, now we are on the same page.....care to continue lol

We might have walked into the same library....
dj_foo 3:18 PM - 26 August, 2015
really strange theory. I personally dont believe your "world is flat" theory. In fact, its utter lunacy.

Why do planes take the course of flying to the Northern or Southern hemisphere and then flying back "down" to their destination when flying across the Atlantic?

The reason is because the earth is curved and the distance is less than flying straight across.

In your twisted "flat" world scenario, this would not be the case and they would fly straight across because the distance would be less.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:28 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
really strange theory. I personally dont believe your "world is flat" theory. In fact, its utter lunacy.

Why do planes take the course of flying to the Northern or Southern hemisphere and then flying back "down" to their destination when flying across the Atlantic?

The reason is because the earth is curved and the distance is less than flying straight across.

In your twisted "flat" world scenario, this would not be the case and they would fly straight across because the distance would be less.

man, no need to waste your breath explaining this to these idiots...lol
dj_foo 3:37 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ah no worries I'm just bored! I read a lot of this forum without commenting but this one really took the biscuit in terms of stupidity
DJ Remix Detroit 3:43 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah no worries I'm just bored! I read a lot of this forum without commenting but this one really took the biscuit in terms of stupidity

if you want to have a real laugh at some of these idiots, you should try reading some of the other threads...lol
dj_foo 3:44 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if you want to have a real laugh at some of these idiots, you should try reading some of the other threads...lol

haha yeah I do read a lot of them. I especially like the "Help DRUGS TEST" one. That one has me in stitches sometimes
AKIEM 4:28 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:

This means you dont understand my theory and are assuming I said the earth is flat like a plate with an edge you can fall off.
dj_foo 4:33 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This means you dont understand my theory and are assuming I said the earth is flat like a plate with an edge you can fall off.

You asked for proof its spherical. I'm giving you proof. If the earth was flat then a plane would fly straight from London to New York for example. However they don't. They fly north towards Greenland and then south along East American coastline. The reason is it is less distance at the "top" of the globe as the circumference is less.

In your flat world the shortest distance would always be "as the crow flies". And the shortest distance would be the distance planes would travel because it would reduce fuel used and therefore costs. I suppose you also have a conspiracy theory surrounding that as well? If, however, you have a way to disprove or explain the reason why planes and airlines take this "shorter" path, on your flat world, then please embellish me with it. I am all ears.
AKIEM 4:44 PM - 26 August, 2015
Well of course there is a conspiracy!
dj_foo 4:48 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:

I assumed there would be...

I prefer the theory that "The Matrix" is real. I also believe I am "The One" and I simply am yet to wake from my dream like state and save humanity...

I await your reasoning behind the flight paths of airlines etc. I have worked in the aviation industry and discussed with Pilots and Air Traffic Control as to why planes follow the route they do. And the answer is to do with physics and distance and the shape of the Earth.

The rest of your arguments are simply invalid. Also its not "round" its a SPHERE :-P
AKIEM 4:54 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I prefer the theory that "The Matrix" is real. I also believe I am "The One" and I simply am yet to wake from my dream like state and save humanity...

I await your reasoning behind the flight paths of airlines etc. I have worked in the aviation industry and discussed with Pilots and Air Traffic Control as to why planes follow the route they do. And the answer is to do with physics and distance and the shape of the Earth.

The rest of your arguments are simply invalid. Also its not "round" its a SPHERE :-P

Well the claim was that it is "round" - I didnt say that.

When planes leave the ground the space moved into is 'warped' (actually unwrapped) by the effects of the earths mass on space. This makes a curve the shortest distance.

yeah
dj_foo 4:57 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When planes leave the ground the space moved into is 'warped' (actually unwrapped) by the effects of the earths mass on space. This makes a curve the shortest distance.

yeah

The title of your thread is "The Earth is Round... Prove It"

Yeah indeed. I think this thread, and your argument, is pointless and finished
DJ Remix Detroit 5:04 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
I think this thread, and your argument, is pointless and finished

you will find that most of his threads and arguments are pointless and finished as well.

lol
AKIEM 5:08 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah

pointless - obviously

I could have phrased the topic: 'the earth is round...' prove it

This thread simply illustrates the futility of proving some shit to someone with a closed mind on the issue.

Care to continue?
AKIEM 5:10 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I think this thread, and your argument, is pointless and finished

you will find that most of his threads and arguments are pointless and finished as well.

lol

The ones with you sure... your mind on any issue is closed to reason.
dj_foo 5:14 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah

pointless - obviously

This thread simply illustrates the futility of proving some shit to someone with a closed mind on the issue.

Care to continue?

A closed mind? Not at all. I am open to all and any theories. But this one was particularly obvious in how ridiculous it was, that's why I chose to participate. It was interesting how people got angry and defensive and counter argued you with posts about Gravity and bending light and other scientific terms. All correct but yet you still argued back.

Perhaps it says something about your personality that you still want to continue even though I have outright disproved your argument.

I get the impression that it wouldn't matter what the argument is, you would continue it anyway.

It's only futile to you, not to everyone else, as on this occasion you are in the wrong and have now been proved so.
AKIEM 5:23 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah

pointless - obviously

Care to continue?

A closed mind? Not at all. I am open to all and any theories. But this one was particularly obvious in how ridiculous it was, that's why I chose to participate. It was interesting how people got angry and defensive and counter argued you with posts about Gravity and bending light and other scientific terms. All correct but yet you still argued back.

Perhaps it says something about your personality that you still want to continue even though I have outright disproved your argument.

I get the impression that it wouldn't matter what the argument is, you would continue it anyway.

It's only futile to you, not to everyone else, as on this occasion you are in the wrong and have now been proved so.

I did not call you closed minded.

Again this thread is an illustration of how trying to prove something to someone with a closed mind is futile. Shall we continue?

yes, it was funny when people got mad about what I was saying - LMAO
dj_foo 5:49 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah

pointless - obviously

Care to continue?

Again this thread is an illustration of how trying to prove something to someone with a closed mind is futile. Shall we continue?

Apologies. When you said "someone with a closed mind" only you and I were discussing. You can perhaps understand why I assumed you were referencing me?

Funny indeed. You were successful in your mission of winding people up. I almost feel bad for ruining your fun!
AKIEM 5:54 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah

pointless - obviously

Care to continue?

Apologies. When you said "someone with a closed mind" only you and I were discussing. You can perhaps understand why I assumed you were referencing me?

Funny indeed. You were successful in your mission of winding people up. I almost feel bad for ruining your fun!

Yes. My fault, I couldn't really be more specific about who is being 'closed minded' here ;)

LMAO!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:51 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah

pointless - obviously

Care to continue?

I disagree. His thread was NOT successful as he was not close minded at all. The evidence of this is in the fact that he took every argument, thought about it, and came up with a rebuttal or theory. Those are not the actions of a close minded individual in a debate
dj_foo 6:56 PM - 26 August, 2015
^^

Fair point - but he did succeed in winding you all up and carrying on the argument even though it was flawed and ridiculous.

Plus you could have all just realised it was a wind up and given up :-p
AKIEM 7:07 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
^^

Fair point - but he did succeed in winding you all up and carrying on the argument even though it was flawed and ridiculous.

Yup. We did not even have to get to my closed mind on the issue because my argument (being based on fact) is so well constructed. And by "well" i mean well enough for the forum.

I could have just ignored everyone and kept stating the same shit over and over again. I hardly at all had to relly on the conspiracy theory.

Ethier way - proving something to someone who is not being open minded and reasonable is not possible.
dj_foo 7:12 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
^^

Yup. We did not even have to get to my closed mind on the issue because my argument (being based on fact) is so well constructed. And by "well" i mean well enough for the forum.

I could have just ignored everyone and kept stating the same shit over and over again. I hardly at all had to relly on the conspiracy theory.

Ethier way - proving something to someone who is not being open minded and reasonable is not possible.

It is if it's not easily disprovable. If there's solid evidence to back up your claim then it would be easy. Evidence could be shown and then backed up. Unfortunately my (and indeed everyone else's) evidence is too strong in this situation.

But I am always open to new theory. In fact at one point reading through your thread I almost believed you. Until someone mentioned planes. Then I remembered what I already knew.
AKIEM 7:20 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^^

It is if it's not easily disprovable. If there's solid evidence to back up your claim then it would be easy. Evidence could be shown and then backed up. Unfortunately my (and indeed everyone else's) evidence is too strong in this situation.

But I am always open to new theory. In fact at one point reading through your thread I almost believed you. Until someone mentioned planes. Then I remembered what I already knew.

Proven in general is quite a bit different from proving to me individually. Because we can keep arguing over the earth being flat - it will never be proven to me.
AKIEM 7:23 PM - 26 August, 2015
...that its 'round' that is...
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:23 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
^^

j

True but by doing so you CAN prove that that individual is close minded and unreasonable
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:24 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
^^

Are you new around here? Quick lesson on how to suceed in winding everyone up to carry out a dumb argument

Step 1: have thought
Stel 2: post thought

thats it.
AKIEM 7:29 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
^^

Are you new around here? Quick lesson on how to suceed in winding everyone up to carry out a dumb argument

thats it.

lol
AKIEM 7:29 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^^

j

True but by doing so you CAN prove that that individual is close minded and unreasonable

...but not to them
dj_foo 7:42 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
^^

thats it.

lol

New (ish)

Been a member for a while just tend to read and see what goes on before getting involved. Waited for a thread I had some proper knowledge of. I believe this forum has a fairly U.S based member group. And I'm not.
d:raf 4:23 AM - 27 January, 2016
I copy-pasted the text, but the actual article (with twitter screenshots and soundcloud links) is much more fun...

www.cnn.com

Quote:
Rapper B.o.B thinks the Earth is flat, has photographs to prove it
By Lauren Said-Moorhouse, for CNN
Updated 9:42 AM ET, Tue January 26, 2016

(CNN) Rapper Bobby Ray Simmons (more widely known as B.o.B) has taken to Twitter, insisting the world is flat.

The man behind chart-topping hits such as "Nothin' on You" and "Airplanes" has posted a flurry of tweets and pictures telling his 2.3 million followers: "I didn't wanna believe it either."

B.o.B laid out his case that if the world were in fact round, it would be obvious when looking at the horizon. He says cities in the distance would not be visible as they would be obscured by the Earth's curvature.

He also tweeted numerous photographs taken at high altitude, which he said further supports his point that "no matter how high in elevation you are... the horizon is always eye level."

Retweets were rewarded for the few who agreed with the musician. However, anyone responding negatively to the singer was simply shut down.

that awkward moment when you realize you've been indoctrinated into a heliocentric belief system t.co
— B.o.B (@bobatl) January 26, 2016

B.o.B also posted a photo insinuating that disbelievers are sheep and blamed a lack of understanding on mass media. He tweeted: "I'm going up against the greatest liars in history ... you've been tremendously deceived"

Instead, he recommended people "research what I say" and make up their own minds.

Prominent American astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson even joined the conversation, pointing out where B.o.B was mistaken and explained some of the science behind the photographs.

However, none of this swayed the rapper, who instead seems to have challenged the cosmologist to a rap battle (warning: the newly-release Soundcloud track has explicit language, discretion is advised).

B.o.B has been on somewhat of a conspiracy roll on Twitter of late, taking on the moon landing and human cloning in recent days as well.

there's wind on the moon ? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/PEqtCwgSbc
— B.o.B (@bobatl) January 25, 2016

Meanwhile he had a few choice words for his detractors posting: "if my tweets are rattling the tiny little cages of your reality ... the unfollow button is right there"
d:raf 4:44 AM - 27 January, 2016
lolz... now there's a gofundme to send him to space. www.gofundme.com

Quote:
B.o.B. SAYS HE KNOWS WHAT'S UP

Talented Atlanta, GA, lyricist B.o.B. insists that the world is flat and has found a lot of digital images to prove it. Fund this campaign and help us buy B.o.B. a tourist trip to actual space so he can tell us what's really up.

As someone who believes so firmly in a flat earth, there is no better representative than B.o.B. to send into orbit. When he comes back we can more or less count on, finally, knowing the truth about the shape of our planet and even, if he keeps a wary eye, the structure of our solar system.

If this campaign picks up steam, I will legitimately offer B.o.B. a ride into space. If he refuses or we can't quite make a solid offer, a donation will be made in the name of this campaign and its contributors to Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC, a haven of science education for young and old alike.
 6 4:55 AM - 27 January, 2016
... and Neil deGrasse Tyson schooled B.o.B. lol

nm
d:raf 4:45 AM - 28 January, 2016
The saga continues... this is both funny and painful. lol

soundcloud.com
RogerRabbit 11:32 PM - 28 January, 2016
Lol @ dudes who couldn't articulate anything for themselves referencing Neil deGrasse Tyson..

#SaMe_shEEp_in_2016
 6 3:34 AM - 29 January, 2016
Next time you go to church. Look around and ask yourself who the real sheep are.

nm
d:raf 4:18 AM - 29 January, 2016
B.O.B got "Donkey Of The Day", but check the discussion afterwards with the call-ins... Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:32 PM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:
B.O.B got "Donkey Of The Day", but check the discussion afterwards with the call-ins... Watchwww.youtube.com

Yup, those callers sound like uber intellectuals
 6 2:52 PM - 29 January, 2016
Someone post that video from Comedy Central. lmao!!!!!!!!

nm
AKIEM 4:49 PM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:

LMAO - the people have voted!
AKIEM 5:16 PM - 29 January, 2016
And Charlemagne repeats one of the first great lies taught in school - Columbus discovered America and proved the earth was round.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:20 AM - 1 February, 2016
if the earth is at this position, what position will the moon be at

solarviews.com
AKIEM 4:58 PM - 1 February, 2016
Quote:
if the earth is at this position, what position will the moon be at

solarviews.com

lmao... Ah... perfect photographic evidence of gravitational lensing, the bending of light by large flat objects. The further away the more observable the effect causing a "sphere" to be seen by the human eye. (which of course evolved or was designed to work properly on the flat sevanahs). The closer you get, the less apparent the phenomena until you are once again standing on the relatively flat surface of the planet earth.
Scully DJ Services 10:07 PM - 1 February, 2016
Lol this whole thread is so stupid. There is so many things which prove the Earth to be round like the fact that we have satellites that orbit and by using their documented locations over time they move in a circle AROUND the Earth. The same could be said about seismic sensors that are buried all over the Earth. By looking at the locations of each and graphing them in a 3D plane, the result is a SPHERE. Finally, if watch the sunset from a beach, then raise yourself 6 feet via a scissorlift, you will be able to watch the sunset again. This is only possible due to the curvature of Earth. If this curvature didn't exist, then raising yourself up wouldn't make a difference; you wouldn't be able to see the sunset for another ~24 hours.

/rant
AKIEM 11:45 PM - 1 February, 2016
...and have you brought a scissors lift to the beach to test this theory?

don't bother answering...

Ok. Satellites move across the sky ("orbiting") and their location is documented by what? Ground Position and Elevation. Wheres the curvature?

If a satellite is 100 miles up traveling dead east at 500 miles per hour it will take two days to reach where it began. Earth spans a distance of a little less than 25 thousand miles. You can plot its movement as it travels 100 miles over head in a straight line? It stays at an elevation of 100 traveling in a straight line - no curvature.

Now if it were to fire a laser beam straight down, move a quarter span of the earth and fire again - you sphere earthers believe the two lines those beams make intersect at a "center point" in the earth. Absolutely preposterous, those lines would be exactly, parallel. Otherwise you could measure an angle, and there can't be an angle if it's straight down and the distance traveled above is the same as the distance traveled on the ground. No proof of "curvature" at all.
AKIEM 11:59 PM - 1 February, 2016
And this part...
Quote:
By looking at the locations of each and graphing them in a 3D plane, the result is a SPHERE

Dude if you start with a globe of course you can plot the positions of sizemgraphs on it as if the earth is a globe. So?

Or you can take a flat map and plot the same sizemgraphs positions.

You could take a cube shapped earth map and do the same thing.

You are starting with a preconception about a sphere...
AKIEM 12:06 AM - 2 February, 2016
You can plot sizemgraphs positions on this too, so? Same positions whatever the shape.

i0.kym-cdn.com
Scully DJ Services 4:06 AM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:

too bad

Quote:
Ok. Satellites move across the sky ("orbiting") and their location is documented by what? Ground Position and Elevation. Wheres the curvature?

From the POV of someone on the ground, they move 'over head', but In 3D space, they are moving in an arced line. That's the curvature. The difference is spherical geometry versus linear geometry. You should read into to see how it works.

Quote:
If a satellite is 100 miles up traveling dead east at 500 miles per hour it will take two days to reach where it began. Earth spans a distance of a little less than 25 thousand miles. You can plot its movement as it travels 100 miles over head in a straight line? It stays at an elevation of 100 traveling in a straight line - no curvature.

Complete BS. There is curvature. Like I stated above, look into shperical geometry and you will understand.

Quote:
Now if it were to fire a laser beam straight down, move a quarter span of the earth and fire again - you sphere earthers believe the two lines those beams make intersect at a "center point" in the earth. Absolutely preposterous, those lines would be exactly, parallel. Otherwise you could measure an angle, and there can't be an angle if it's straight down and the distance traveled above is the same as the distance traveled on the ground. No proof of "curvature" at all.

Again, complete BS. An easy way to model this is a slice of pizza. Imagine that you take a "satellite"(Pizza slicer), and move it around the dead center of the pizza and keep the tip of the blade constantly aimed at the center. Now, if you make a cut(laser), it will run from a point on the edge all the way to the dead center. Now, move the slicer along some more while keeping it aimed at the center, and cut again. You will see a pizza 'slice', where the lines intersect in the middle. Your argument of there not being an angle is completely insane. You should do some research in the field of trigonometry, because all of your talk about angles and distances is so flawed mathematically.

Quote:
Dude if you start with a globe of course you can plot the positions of sizemgraphs on it as if the earth is a globe. So?

You aren't thinking. If I have a database of the locations of all satellites that orbit Earth and I input all of those points into a 3D CAD or modeling software, the result will be a rough sphere.

Quote:
You can plot sizemgraphs positions on this too, so? Same positions whatever the shape.

Completely false. If you use the Sun as 0,0,0 for the origin of a 3D graph and find all of the satellites' coordinates based on that point, then the result will still be a SPHERE.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:20 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

too bad

Quote:

From the POV of someone on the ground, they move 'over head', but In 3D space, they are moving in an arced line. That's the curvature. The difference is spherical geometry versus linear geometry. You should read into to see how it works.

Quote:

Complete BS. There is curvature. Like I stated above, look into shperical geometry and you will understand.

Quote:

Again, complete BS. An easy way to model this is a slice of pizza. Imagine that you take a "satellite"(Pizza slicer), and move it around the dead center of the pizza and keep the tip of the blade constantly aimed at the center. Now, if you make a cut(laser), it will run from a point on the edge all the way to the dead center. Now, move the slicer along some more while keeping it aimed at the center, and cut again. You will see a pizza 'slice', where the lines intersect in the middle. Your argument of there not being an angle is completely insane. You should do some research in the field of trigonometry, because all of your talk about angles and distances is so flawed mathematically.

Quote:

You aren't thinking. If I have a database of the locations of all satellites that orbit Earth and I input all of those points into a 3D CAD or modeling software, the result will be a rough sphere.

Quote:

Completely false. If you use the Sun as 0,0,0 for the origin of a 3D graph and find all of the satellites' coordinates based on that point, then the result will still be a SPHERE.

BOOM
AKIEM 1:50 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

too bad

The question was "...and have you brought a scissors lift to the beach to test this theory?"

Quote:

Quote:

moving 'over head' IS in 3D space.

No, they are moving in straight lines - in three dimensional space - north, south, east, west, up, down

The difference is not spherical geometry verse linear geometry. You just apply 'spherical geometry' where you believe you should.

no proof here

Quote:

Quote:

Are you going to show or prove this curvature or just keep stating it exists, no proof, no argument?

Quote:

Quote:

You START, with the wrong shape pizza. Again you are not offering an argument or proof simply stating what you believe to be true. You may as well claim the validity of the bible by reading from it.

This is the proper shape pizza - previews.123rf.com

There is not problem with my math, you just start with a false belief which you can't show or prove.

Example, take a plumb line. upload.wikimedia.org(PSF).png/220px-Plumb_(PSF).png Straight up and down. Straight up and down. Walk a distance and set up another one. Now we have two plumb lines. If we imagine lines extending up and down (because you believe in a round earth) you think those lines intersect some place near the center of the (lol) global earth. This is not the case the two lines actually extend perpetually in PARALLEL never meeting. If there was curvature you could measure an angle or different distances between the two depending on height/depth.

Can you prove they are not perfectly parallel?

Quote:

Quote:

Im thinking levels beyond you.

The result would be a rough sphere if you START with a sphere in mind. I can easily take 3D CAD software and plot the locations in 3D space (north/south, east/west, altitude) and see no curvature. Of course I would start with a topographical map, find location then altitude.

simple

Quote:

Quote:

LOL, really? You want to use the massive Sun as a 0 point for a 3D graph of points "around" the tiny earth? Even you know that makes no sense at all.

You can come up with as many examples, analogies, diagrams or whatever else as you want. I have absolutely no problem understanding what you believe or what your model is. But can you prove it? Thats the question.

I can come up with models of your belief all day - the question is - can you prove your model is correct?
Scully DJ Services 3:58 AM - 3 February, 2016
When I said use thhe sun as 0,0,0, I meant the dead center of it. Or do you believe that is is flat as well?
Scully DJ Services 4:06 AM - 3 February, 2016
Oh, and I'm not really in the mood to go on and on, so just take a peek at this.

www.physlink.com
AKIEM 4:35 PM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
When I said use thhe sun as 0,0,0, I meant the dead center of it. Or do you believe that is is flat as well?

Of course its flat. You can put 0,0,0, anyplace or orient it to whatever you want, doesn't change anything. Even use 0,0,0,0, but wheres your proof?

Quote:
Oh, and I'm not really in the mood to go on and on, so just take a peek at this.

www.physlink.com

Dude, most of all of that has been tried and answered in this thread.
AKIEM 4:47 PM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

too bad

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BOOM

See? The fail. The cheerleading.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:13 PM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:

The question was "...and have you brought a scissors lift to the beach to test this theory?"

I have, it works
AKIEM 10:32 PM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

First sir, your powers of observation have time and again proven to be poor at best. Same with your honesty, and sense of honor. In other words, I doubt it.

So what worked, the lift? k, thats nice.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:00 AM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

First sir, your powers of observation have time and again proven to be poor at best. Same with your honesty, and sense of honor. In other words, I doubt it.

Sure did, witnessed the phenomenon while working on sound and stage setup for DeLunaFest in Pensacola..

So earth = round...prove me wrong
AKIEM 2:37 AM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

Sure did, witnessed the phenomenon while working on sound and stage setup for DeLunaFest in Pensacola..

Ur saying you watched the sun set twice from a lift. Doubt it.

...also, never said the phenomenon wasn't observed. Its just not widely understood.

Quote:

So earth ≠ round...prove me wrong
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:24 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

...also, never said the phenomenon wasn't observed. Its just not widely understood.

Quote:

lol, so basically you have no retort for that one
AKIEM 4:45 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

Quote:

My response is to doubt what you said. You claim to have watched the sun set twice on a lift in pensicola florida while stringing chicken wire or whatever you were doing. sounds bogus, maybe it happened. Changes nothing.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:58 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

Quote:

My response is to doubt what you said. You claim to have watched the sun set twice on a lift in pensicola florida while stringing chicken wire or whatever you were doing. sounds bogus, maybe it happened. Changes nothing.

So your response is to just put you fingers in your ears and repeat didnt happen over and over......very scientific of you.

ps: the earth is round and i just proved it :)
AKIEM 11:33 PM - 4 February, 2016
Jeeze, under 13 min response time - tap that refresh - lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, it works

Quote:

So your response is to just put you fingers in your ears and repeat didnt happen over and over......very scientific of you.

so incredibly wrong

1. Your story sounds like complete BS. Pensecol is on a southern coast, sun "sets" in the east. Maybe depending on where on the beach, and degree the sun was showing from... But I doubt.

2. As I have said several times already, it does matter, its a known phenomenon which I agree appears to happen. (rif as usual) As a matter of fact, ive seen it myself (in California where he sun "sets" in the west over the ocean

3. I've explained this phenomenon several times, one of, the first things I explained (not that you have any reading comprehension)

Quote:

ps: the earth is round and i just cant prove it :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:01 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:

2. As I have said several times already, it does matter, its a known phenomenon which I agree appears to happen. (rif as usual) As a matter of fact, ive seen it myself (in California where he sun "sets" in the west over the ocean

3. I've explained this phenomenon several times, one of, the first things I explained (not that you have any reading comprehension)

Wel there it is, you were not only unable to disprove me, you confirmed what i was saying. Than you for conceeding, the earth is round. #fact
AKIEM 5:53 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
2. As I have said several times already, it does not matter, its a known phenomenon which I agree appears to happen. (rif as usual) As a matter of fact, ive seen it myself (in California where he sun "sets" in the west over the ocean

Wel there it is, you were not only unable to disprove me, you confirmed what i was saying. Than you for conceeding, the earth is round. #fact

I never intended to disprove anything.

I confirmed the phenomenon is real and explained the illusion.

I certainly did not concede the earth is round.

You have nothing but the most petty of lies. This entire thread you have been unable to (lol) prove the earth is round and you really are very dumb for trying.
AKIEM 6:00 PM - 11 February, 2016
Toldya, Gravitational Waves.

www.nytimes.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:36 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2. As I have said several times already, it does not matter, its a known phenomenon which I agree appears to happen. (rif as usual) As a matter of fact, ive seen it myself (in California where he sun "sets" in the west over the ocean

Back pedaling

Quote:

You have nothing but the most petty of lies. This entire thread you have been unable to (lol) prove the earth is round and you really are very dumb for trying.

Typical, your presented with evidence that proves you wrong and you deny and ignore. #petty
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:42 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:

www.nytimes.com

That article further proves the nature of celestial bodys inherently being a spgere6
AKIEM 1:22 AM - 12 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Back pedaling

Not at all.

I never tried to disprove anything at all.

I confirmed the phenomenon is real and explained the illusion quite early in this thread.

Again, I certainly did not concede the earth is round - you sir are as usual JMSU

Quote:

Quote:

Typical, your presented with evidence that proves you wrong and you deny and ignore. #petty

'deny' - what the hell? I agreed the phenomenon is real (even tho you never explained looking south at a sun set). And I ignored nothing, I responded to each point.

Again, I answered this question several times in this thread.

sigh - here look - explained right away: serato.com

Quote:
Quote:

www.nytimes.com

That article further proves the nature of celestial bodys inherently being a spgere6

lol - clearly all you do is look at the pictures.

This discovery proves the existence of Gravitational Waves which 'distort' the fabric of space. in other words "bending light". Massive objects 'appear' to be folded in on themselves into spheres. key word APPEAR.

#YouFailAgain
AKIEM 1:33 AM - 12 February, 2016
BOOM: youtu.be
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:31 PM - 12 February, 2016
Quote:
(even tho you never explained looking south at a sun set).
Quote:

Who said anything about looking south?

Quote:

lol - clearly all you do is look at the pictures.

Clearly you didnt read the article. Per article "The unstable blob smoothed itself into a sphere, a process called ring down. Three solar masses’ worth of energy were vaporized in gravitational waves, distorting space and time and leaving a new black hole 62 times the mass of the sun."
AKIEM 8:22 PM - 12 February, 2016
I did, and explained why.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:52 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
I did, and explained why.

Did what?
AKIEM 7:40 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

So you explained why i was looking south (ps, i wasnt)
AKIEM 8:21 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you explained why i was looking south (ps, i wasnt)

no, I explained why I mentioned looking south.

and if you were not, thats fine - still merely incidental
AKIEM 8:33 PM - 21 February, 2016
m.phys.org

Quote:

New gravity particle

In physical terms, the model describes the universe as being filled with a quantum fluid. The scientists propose that this fluid might be composed of gravitons—hypothetical massless particles that mediate the force of gravity. If they exist, gravitons are thought to play a key role in a theory of quantum gravity.

Toldya, light 'bent' through gravity or quantum fluid.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:19 PM - 22 February, 2016
Quote:
m.phys.org

Quote:
New gravity particle

In physical terms, the model describes the universe as being filled with a quantum fluid. The scientists propose that this fluid might be composed of gravitons—hypothetical massless particles that mediate the force of gravity. If they exist, gravitons are thought to play a key role in a theory of quantum gravity.

Was anyone arguing that light dosent bend?
AKIEM 5:35 PM - 22 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
m.phys.org

Quote:
New gravity particle

Was anyone arguing that light dosent bend?

In a roundabout way relative to this argument - yes.

Light is "bent" by gravity and "flows" through a "quantum fluid"

This is why you see a curvature, its actually the bending of light due to the effects of gravity.
Hanginon 8:46 PM - 23 February, 2016
Lunar eclipse
AKIEM 9:28 PM - 23 February, 2016
Quote:
Lunar eclipse

heard of them, and even seen a couple.

thanks for sharing.

lol
DJ Ravien 8:12 PM - 10 July, 2016
All the proof I need is how water reacts in an environment without gravity. It form's globules, not planes, squares, triangles etc.. Considering the earth's surface is made up of 71% water, and has essentially a liquid core, with exception of the inner core. The only logical outcome (as far as I can see) is that the earth would react in the same manner. Thereby being "round" and not flat.

www.theguardian.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Find a video of liquid in zero gravity creating a plane and maybe I'll change my mind.
AKIEM 6:46 AM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
All the proof I need is how water reacts in an environment without gravity. It form's globules, not planes, squares, triangles etc.. Considering the earth's surface is made up of 71% water, and has essentially a liquid core, with exception of the inner core. The only logical outcome (as far as I can see) is that the earth would react in the same manner. Thereby being "round" and not flat.

www.theguardian.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Find a video of liquid in zero gravity creating a plane and maybe I'll change my mind.

Basically what you are saying is 'look at that sphere of water, thats what I think the earth looks like'. And Im sure you think the Earth formed by smaller particles floating in space all coming together by gravity around a central point to make the planet.

Supposedly gravity is created by mass. This is false. Gravity is created by whats at the bottom of the universe, stars, planets and moons.

Take the floating globs of water, its easy to see that they are behaving gelatinous. This is because its cohesion and the surface tension of the water which holds it together, not its own gravity. If you have two globs of water they will merge only if pushed together. But the two globs of water dont just naturally attract by gravity. Thats why the Earth didnt just form by globs of mater attracting by tiny amounts of gravity. The Earth formed by being pulled down by what actually creates gravity.

Notice that they never show a glob of water and then make a smaller one orbit the larger one. Cant, because there really is no comparison between a small sphere of water and the FLAT Earth.
DJ Ravien 8:53 AM - 11 July, 2016
Lol, So I didn't know we could dismiss anything with out evidence to support our claims? This is just as bad as arguing with a creationist. In that case, No I am saying I know that is what the planet looks like. Because I am god and that is how I created it.

Quote:
Supposedly gravity is created by mass. This is false. Gravity is created by whats at the bottom of the universe, stars, planets and moons.

Which all have mass, So therefore even in your world view gravity is created by mass. The greater the mass the greater the gravitational pull. Which is why you wouldn't necessarily see water satellites orbiting the larger ones. There isn't much mass, so there would be little gravitational pull.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Here you can see water droplets orbiting a needle. There is more at work then just gravity. Does that make you happy? Not really sure how gravity became your focal point. . I never claimed they were formed by gravity. Just that this is what happens when water or any liquid is free from the earth's gravity. In your world view wouldn't the "bottom of the universe" still cause the water globs to become flat? Regardless if it is just surface tension holding it together or not.

If the earth is flat where are the photos from space showing China, Africa and the US all at the same time.

www.livescience.com|660:*

Or why no photos have ever been taken that show the earth appearing to be oval rather then round.

It seems the problem here is that you are taking the wisdom of B.o.B over that of astrophysicists. That's like going to KFC to get a lung transplant. There is no actual scientist who claim the earth is flat. Only lunatic's on the internet and celebs who freely admit they are out of their mind.

Watchwww.youtube.com
soundcloud.com

In any case you can and the rest of the flat earthers can believe what ever you like. Don't hurt me none. I just hope I don't live to see the day where it becomes s as bad as creationism and people start demanding it get taught in school along side real science :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:23 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
Because I am god and that is how I created it.

This wins.
AKIEM 4:41 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
Lol, So I didn't know we could dismiss anything with out evidence to support our claims? This is just as bad as arguing with a creationist. In that case, No I am saying I know that is what the planet looks like. Because I am god and that is how I created it.

Then you should recognize that this thread is about Prove it. And not just say it.

please continue

Quote:

Quote:

Which all have mass, So therefore even in your world view gravity is created by mass.
false. I said its not.
Quote:
The greater the mass the greater the gravitational pull. Which is why you wouldn't necessarily see water satellites orbiting the larger ones. There isn't much mass, so there would be little gravitational pull.

And if that is the case then again your model falls short because you are comparing something with huge mass to something with small mass. Therefore as you have shown different rules apply. The planet is huge, that sphere of water is small, different properties and rules in the formation of each.

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Here you can see water droplets orbiting a needle. There is more at work then just gravity. Does that make you happy? Not really sure how gravity became your focal point. . I never claimed they were formed by gravity. Just that this is what happens when water or any liquid is free from the earth's gravity. In your world view wouldn't the "bottom of the universe" still cause the water globs to become flat? Regardless if it is just surface tension holding it together or not.

You answered your own question about why we are talking about gravity, and have been, through the entire thread.

Of course the bottom of the universe would flatten the water. But its floating up outside the strong gravitation downward pull of the bottom of the universe. Up in a space station like that there is a weaker gravitational pull, it would eventual drift down unless sent on a different trajectory.

It would certainly smash on the flat face of Earth, but if it was preceded by a deep hole to the bottom (what you call the center) of the Earth it would be super flatend down there.

Quote:

If the earth is flat where are the photos from space showing China, Africa and the US all at the same time.

www.livescience.com|660:*

Or why no photos have ever been taken that show the earth appearing to be oval rather then round.

Cmon man, you think that hasn't been dealt with in this thread yet?

Quote:

It seems the problem here is that you are taking the wisdom of B.o.B over that of astrophysicists. That's like going to KFC to get a lung transplant. There is no actual scientist who claim the earth is flat. Only lunatic's on the internet and celebs who freely admit they are out of their mind.

Watchwww.youtube.com
soundcloud.com

This has little to do with B.O.B or any of those fools who belive its shaped like a pancake or whatever. I doubt any of them could articulate what I have here in this thread.

Quote:

In any case you can and the rest of the flat earthers can believe what ever you like. Don't hurt me none. I just hope I don't live to see the day where it becomes s as bad as creationism and people start demanding it get taught in school along side real science :)

...and again you fall far short of proving the Earth is round.

Regroup and try again.

:-)
AKIEM 4:43 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Because I am god and that is how I created it.

This wins.

Almost. The true and living has been here all along tho. The maker, owner, cream of the planet Earth. Father of civilization, GOD of the Universe.

;-)
DJ Ravien 6:50 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:

Regroup and try again.

No thanks,

The only thing that has been proven in this thread aside from the earth being round, is your lack of any understanding of the cosmos around you and the scientific method.

Like I said you are free to believe what you will :) Have a blessed day.

#betterthingstodowithmytime
AKIEM 9:08 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Regroup and try again.

No thanks,

The only thing that has been proven in this thread aside from the earth being round, is your lack of any understanding of the cosmos around you and the scientific method.

Like I said you are free to believe what you will :) Have a blessed day.

#betterthingstodowithmytime

Aight see ya later.

Once again, the Earth being round has not been proven.

#science
DJ Ravien 10:26 PM - 11 July, 2016
*#pseudoscience

Fixed.
Hanginon 12:17 AM - 12 July, 2016
Next thing you know, Akiem is going to tell us there is no such thing as centrifugal force.
AKIEM 3:09 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Next thing you know, Akiem is going to tell us there is no such thing as centrifugal force.

Why would I tell you that?

You should ask, in the case of a centrifuge, the 'spin' is in relation to what?
AKIEM 3:12 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
*#pseudoscience

a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

...and you offer no proof the earth is round, only beliefs
Hanginon 3:41 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Why would I tell you that?

Basically, because it's true. It really doesn't exist -

"In terms of an inertial frame of reference, centrifugal force does not exist. All calculations can be performed using only Newton's laws of motion and the real forces. In its current usage the term 'centrifugal force' has no meaning in an inertial frame.

In an inertial frame, an object that has no forces acting on it travels in a straight line, according to Newton's first law. When measurements are made with respect to a rotating reference frame, however, the same object would have a curved path, because the frame of reference is rotating. If it is desired to apply Newton's laws in the rotating frame, it is necessary to introduce new, fictitious, forces to account for this curved motion (called Centrifugal force for the Layman)."

When you whirl a ball around your head, the ball does not pull on the string, the string pulls on the ball, constantly changing the balls direction. It's called "Centrepital force".

This poor thread has gone on too long - I needed to quickly determine if you understood basic Physics. Let it die.
AKIEM 3:51 PM - 12 July, 2016
That is what's called a 'trick question'
lol ...and for no reason
spike12 9:49 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
LMAO @ the difficulty so far....

When the earth casts its shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse, all points from the earth show a round projection of the shadow, it is like this on any day of the year, any time of the day, while the earth is in any orientation with respect to the sun or moon. There is no other projection only a circle from every orientation, the only shape that satisfies this geometry is a perfect sphere.
DJ Ravien 10:41 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

You are correct, I did not provide any evidence. Which is why I stated in my first post "All the proof I need" However other users here have posted evidence that you refused to accept. I just wasn't trying to re-hash all the same arguments especially considering you just dismissed everything already presented. That being said I knew you would refute my claim as well.

All of the following evidence points to a round earth,

Lunar Eclipse, Sticks&Shadows, constellations in northern & southern hemispheres, Ships on the horizon, Being able to see further at higher altitudes, Photos from space, Other planets (as well as the liquid example), Day/Night in different parts of the world all point toward a round earth.

If someone continues to fly straight in any direction they will eventually return to the same point they began.

What are your beliefs? That when you reach a certain point it just "warps" you magically to the other end of the map like a video game? Where exactly does this magic happen? At what point does the earth just end? Maybe it just continues on and on in a straight line always repeating. Like the forest maze in Zelda Just head North, West, South, West and you will step into a new world!

Can we even prove the earth is here? That we are here? That the universe is here. Can anything actually be proven? Perhaps it is all just a just a hologram as some claim. So yes you are correct, it is impossible to 'prove' the earth is round, flat, even exist or that I just wasted more of my life with this silly conversation.

None of this is really useful information, at least not at this point of time. Till it doe's have actual benefits I'm sticking to the round earth theory :) Nothing wrong with a little out the box thinking. I just choose to accept the current evidence that is actually beneficial in my day to day life. It is our current understanding that we have advanced and leads us to our future understanding. So while I will not totally dismiss an idea I will not hold it as truth either and that goes for anything.
AKIEM 5:42 PM - 13 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

You are correct, I did not provide any evidence. Which is why I stated in my first post "All the proof I need" However other users here have posted evidence that you refused to accept. I just wasn't trying to re-hash all the same arguments especially considering you just dismissed everything already presented. That being said I knew you would refute my claim as well.

I caught that in your first post. And I havdone much more than just 'refuse to accept'. I have given excellent explanations. (tho, simply refusing to accept or ignore would work as well)

Quote:

All of the following evidence points to a round earth,

Lunar Eclipse, Sticks&Shadows, constellations in northern & southern hemispheres, Ships on the horizon, Being able to see further at higher altitudes, Photos from space, Other planets (as well as the liquid example), Day/Night in different parts of the world all point toward a round earth.

Pretty sure I answered all of those points with two explanations.

Quote:

If someone continues to fly straight in any direction they will eventually return to the same point they began.

What are your beliefs? That when you reach a certain point it just "warps" you magically to the other end of the map like a video game? Where exactly does this magic happen? At what point does the earth just end? Maybe it just continues on and on in a straight line always repeating. Like the forest maze in Zelda Just head North, West, South, West and you will step into a new world!

Well you should read my very first post in this thread.

Quote:

Can we even prove the earth is here? That we are here? That the universe is here. Can anything actually be proven? Perhaps it is all just a just a hologram as some claim. So yes you are correct, it is impossible to 'prove' the earth is round, flat, even exist or that I just wasted more of my life with this silly conversation.

Those questions where touched on in the aliens thread.

Quote:

None of this is really useful information, at least not at this point of time. Till it doe's have actual benefits I'm sticking to the round earth theory :) Nothing wrong with a little out the box thinking. I just choose to accept the current evidence that is actually beneficial in my day to day life. It is our current understanding that we have advanced and leads us to our future understanding. So while I will not totally dismiss an idea I will not hold it as truth either and that goes for anything.

I think this thread is more about how easy it is to simply refuse all evidence and scientific conclusion.

It's interesting that most arguments around here consist of dudes reiterating preconceived notions regardless of new information or scientific fact. The gymnastics, denial, imagination, illogic fallacy, word games, anger and etc has been incredible - yet very entertaining.
DJ Ravien 9:35 PM - 13 July, 2016
Quote:

I did and basically what I gathered was you described the world as being like a video game. Though I have disagree with being limited to two dimensions but that is irrelevant.

Quote:
I think this thread is more about how easy it is to simply refuse all evidence and scientific conclusion.

I agree, it is very easy. I just don't see it being beneficial to our advance in any way.

Do you brush your teeth? Why? You could just as easily refuse to accept that brushing them will actually help keep them healthy. Do you exercise, shower, try to eat properly? Again you can easily refuse to accept the evidence that says these will help you live a healthy life. Science had a large part in our understanding of how the body works. So I find it troublesome when people accept science in some ways and completely refuse it in others and more often then not because they can't directly observe it themselves. Yet have no problem relying on DNA testing to incriminate people.

If not for science we very likely wouldn't be having this conversation at all. Technology, modern medicine, Agriculture, many other advancements are all due to the scientific method. Nothing else has even come close. Without science you couldn't be a dj :) So while far from perfect it is one of our best options, if you can name another I am all ears.

Instead of refusing the evidence and conclusions, study ,test and correct them which is the whole point of science. It is forever changing and not set in stone which is what make it so accurate. What we think correct today can be changed tomorrow for better or worse. Science seeks the truth and does not discriminate. It doesn't hold on to beliefs because of tradition. If proven wrong it adapts. It embraces knowledge.

In any case, I am not so sure you actually believe the earth to be flat. I myself would say I am an agnostic/atheist regarding flat earth debate. While I don't believe the earth is flat my opinion could always be swayed with enough evidence. For now the only logical conclusion (with my current knowledge at least) is that it is round.
AKIEM 1:06 AM - 16 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I did and basically what I gathered was you described the world as being like a video game. Though I have disagree with being limited to two dimensions but that is irrelevant.

A flat (with respect to terrain) mobius plane.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree, it is very easy. I just don't see it being beneficial to our advance in any way.

Its entertaining.

Dudes have come in here and are even *mad* about what Im saying and trying to argue against the Earth being shaped like a pancake - completely ignoring (or not able to grasp) what I say the Earth is shaped like.

entertaining.

But also some good mental exercise.

Quote:

Do you brush your teeth? Why? You could just as easily refuse to accept that brushing them will actually help keep them healthy. Do you exercise, shower, try to eat properly? Again you can easily refuse to accept the evidence that says these will help you live a healthy life. Science had a large part in our understanding of how the body works. So I find it troublesome when people accept science in some ways and completely refuse it in others and more often then not because they can't directly observe it themselves. Yet have no problem relying on DNA testing to incriminate people.

yup

Quote:

If not for science we very likely wouldn't be having this conversation at all. Technology, modern medicine, Agriculture, many other advancements are all due to the scientific method. Nothing else has even come close. Without science you couldn't be a dj :) So while far from perfect it is one of our best options, if you can name another I am all ears.

I certainly agree.

Quote:

Instead of refusing the evidence and conclusions, study ,test and correct them which is the whole point of science. It is forever changing and not set in stone which is what make it so accurate. What we think correct today can be changed tomorrow for better or worse. Science seeks the truth and does not discriminate. It doesn't hold on to beliefs because of tradition. If proven wrong it adapts. It embraces knowledge.

Exactly

I've had arguments here with people who straight ignore the documented scientific consensus and instead cling to 100+ year old quack notions - literally quoting text from the 1800s.

I kid you not, there are people here who claim anecdotes are "proof" or better yet, analogies and imagined scenarios "prove" something rather than just illustrate.
DJ Ravien 1:47 AM - 16 July, 2016
Quote:
A flat (with respect to terrain) mobius plane.

Im still picturing a video game >.<

Quote:
Its entertaining.

Dudes have come in here and are even *mad* about what Im saying and trying to argue against the Earth being shaped like a pancake - completely ignoring (or not able to grasp) what I say the Earth is shaped like.

entertaining.

But also some good mental exercise.

Certainly had my brain pumping. Glad your not one of the Antarctica is the edge of the earth people.

Quote:
yup

Glad to hear it.

Quote:
I certainly agree.

Glad we agree. Was a nice surprise to me to find such an entertaining thread.
Quote:
Exactly

I've had arguments here with people who straight ignore the documented scientific consensus and instead cling to 100+ year old quack notions - literally quoting text from the 1800s.

I kid you not, there are people here who claim anecdotes are "proof" or better yet, analogies and imagined scenarios "prove" something rather than just illustrate.

Oh, I believe it, I use to work along side a few people like that. I try to keep up with new information as much as possible. Though it has become tougher these past few years since I started getting into this scene. Not enough time in one life, If only I never had to sleep.
DJ Remy USA 9:10 AM - 21 July, 2016
Think it's safe to say some of missed your calling in life
AKIEM 3:18 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:

Scientist right?

lmao!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:10 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:

Lots of Priests in hurr!!!
DJ Remy USA 8:07 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Scientist right?

lmao!

Man listen y'all are going for it. It's all perception at the end of the day you can always rationalize your perspective doesn't mean it's correct just means it's rational.

But y'all go head I'm entertained just reading
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:56 PM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
It's all perception at the end of the day you can always rationalize your perspective doesn't mean it's correct

You just summed up 10 years and 100,000,000 off topic posts in 1 sentence. Congrats
AKIEM 11:29 PM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
It's all perception at the end of the day you can always rationalize your perspective doesn't mean it's correct

You just summed up 10 years and 100,000,000 off topic posts in 1 sentence. Congrats

that sentence was also a reason for this thread
DJ Remy USA 5:08 AM - 27 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that sentence was also a reason for this thread

Guess I spoiled the party :/
d:raf 1:57 AM - 22 March, 2017
Shaq is on board... the flat board.

www.iflscience.com

Quote:
Shaquille O'Neal Thinks Earth Is Flat Because It Doesn't Go Up And Down When He Drives

In kind of funny but also oh-God-why news, former NBA basketball player and scientist-in-training Shaquille O’Neal has claimed Earth is flat. How does he know this? Because it seems flat when he drives from coast to coast. We really hope he was joking.

Shaq made the comments on a show called The Big Podcast (please don't read the comments there), which he co-hosts, back in February that has just been released. Below is a genuine, verbatim quote of what he said:

“I drive from coast to coast, and this shit is flat to me. I’m just saying. I drive from Florida to California all the time, and it’s flat to me. I do not go up and down at a 360-degree angle, and all that stuff about gravity, have you looked outside Atlanta lately and seen all these buildings? You mean to tell me that China is under us? China is under us? It’s not. The world is flat.”

When one of his co-hosts noted we had satellite imagery of Earth pointing out that Earth was, indeed, round, he responded: “Oh satellite imagery? That could be [a] drone or made up.”

And to just to cement his views, he added: “I’m just saying that when I drive from Florida to New York – flat. New York to Seattle – flat. Seattle to LA – flat.”

So what shape does Shaq think Earth is? Why, the future Nobel Prize winner proudly declared “it’s a square”.

lolz @ "360 degree angle".
AKIEM 2:49 AM - 22 March, 2017
see - toldya - shit looks flat to me, Ive driven in every state - boom!

LMAO
AKIEM 7:16 AM - 22 March, 2017
Had a dude arguing with me who believes the earth is flat like pancake AND the sun is actually a small orb floating around in our atmosphere under the clouds and shit. Like the sun touches clouds and they sizzle and steam....

...this is how Chump got elected.
DJ Reflex 11:49 PM - 23 March, 2017
Quote:
Like the sun touches clouds and they sizzle and steam....

You ever seen Blue Lagoon?
AKIEM 1:45 AM - 24 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Like the sun touches clouds and they sizzle and steam....

You ever seen Blue Lagoon?

Yeah, but I don't remember it.
DJ Reflex 7:20 PM - 29 March, 2017
Old man convinces the kids that the ocean sizzles every evening when the sun touches it at sunset.
AKIEM 10:39 PM - 29 March, 2017
dun, I had a dude who fell for that shit arguing with me. If the sun is under clouds, how come its never orange over head? how is the sky lit? wheres all the videos of people just flying up over the sun on a clear day?

Chump fan btw.
d:raf 9:01 PM - 27 April, 2017
AKIEM 10:23 PM - 28 April, 2017
lol
mezzomario 10:31 AM - 14 June, 2017
Of course our Earh is round, It is theoretically and practically proven by scientists. I am fond of astronomy and read a lot useful info aout universe and space. For example, With the furthest distance of 152 million km (94,5 million miles) and the closest distance of 147 million km (91,4 million miles) from the sun, Earth's elliptical orbit allows for heating up and cooling down (aka seasons) to occur. This is essential for life to occur, along with a few other factors. I checked new info on solarstory.net and can say that articles which I read was quite interesting.
AKIEM 5:04 PM - 15 June, 2017
wrong.

The distance from the Earth to the Sun doesn't prove what shape it is.
DJ Remy USA 6:21 PM - 16 June, 2017
Quote:
wrong.

lol go to edge of the earth and take a picture of the edge so we can see it hahaha
AKIEM 7:36 PM - 16 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
wrong.

lol go to edge of the earth and take a picture of the edge so we can see it hahaha

there is no edge.

(you gotta read the thread)
Cyclosteg 11:26 PM - 5 July, 2017
How do you explain the rotation of stars during the night?
AKIEM 2:56 PM - 10 July, 2017
Quote:

The Earth moves on an east west vector.
Cyclosteg 4:18 PM - 10 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

So why do they rotate in opposite directions whether you are in the northern hemisphere or in the southern hemisphere?
AKIEM 4:17 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So why do they rotate in opposite directions whether you are in the northern hemisphere or in the southern hemisphere?

They dont. Stars move from East to West seen from North or South of the equater. Same as the Sun and Moon. If what you are saying is true, the equater wouldnt be a line, it would be a point and axis of spin. You need to brush up on whatever 'proofs the earth is round' article you are reading. lol
Cyclosteg 5:42 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They dont. Stars move from East to West seen from North or South of the equater. Same as the Sun and Moon. If what you are saying is true, the equater wouldnt be a line, it would be a point and axis of spin. You need to brush up on whatever 'proofs the earth is round' article you are reading. lol

They only move in a linear fashion if you are standing relatively close to the equator.
I suggest you watch timelapses of the night sky near the north pole, south pole and equator.
AKIEM 5:46 PM - 12 July, 2017
Right, so thats not really the same question.
Cyclosteg 6:08 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Right, so thats not really the same question.

Here, let me rephrase that for you :

How can stars rotate in the sky in opposite directions when standing on the north/south pole if the earth is flat?
AKIEM 6:50 PM - 12 July, 2017
There is no north/south pole to start. There is a line parallel to the equator.
Cyclosteg 7:26 PM - 12 July, 2017
How can stars rotate in the sky in opposite directions when standing on the locations that are called the north and south poles under the spherical earth model if the earth is flat?

Better?
AKIEM 9:14 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
How can stars rotate in the sky in opposite directions when standing on the locations that are called the north and south poles under the spherical earth model if the earth is flat?

Better?

Well you said 'under the spherical earth model' - but, you should read the thread, because the answer is in there. But to start;

The surface is a 'mobius plane' in a localized area of the universe. If you travel east or west for 25000 miles you will find yourself where you began. Half that north or south.

Aside from mountains and valleys, travelling on the earth is limited to two dimensions. You can rise above it in a space craft, or dig down into it looking for oil and shit.

Because of the negative effects of gravity (ag) on the electromagnetic spectrum being greatest, light bends away from the surface of the earth. This is why it *appears to curve.
Cyclosteg 10:08 PM - 12 July, 2017
That still does not explain why the stars rotate in a certain direction, let's say, in Iceland, and in the opposite direction, let's say, in Australia.
AKIEM 10:23 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
That still does not explain why the stars rotate in a certain direction, let's say, in Iceland, and in the opposite direction, let's say, in Australia.

You read the thread?
Cyclosteg 10:52 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?
Cyclosteg 10:53 PM - 12 July, 2017
*I have now, why?
AKIEM 10:53 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

Im pretty sure I gave an anwser at some point.
Cyclosteg 10:54 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

Then would you mind giving it again? I can't manage to find it.
AKIEM 11:06 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

Did you understand the first part?
its contingent
Cyclosteg 11:09 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

its contingent

The part about the earth being a plane looping on itself?
AKIEM 11:22 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

its contingent

yeah, that part
Cyclosteg 11:29 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

its contingent

yeah, that part

As I understand it, it doesn't show why the star phenomenon makes any sense on your mobius plane.
AKIEM 11:46 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You read the thread?

I have, why?

its contingent

yeah, that part

As I understand it, it doesn't show why the star phenomenon makes any sense on your mobius plane.

Just wanted to make sure you understood that part first.

Now, all large objects in space (planets, stars) exerts a 'focal field' on space time. If the Earth actually had an edge (think flat / round earth) you could envision a funnel shape and the earth as a round quarter plugging it. At the bottom of the Earth you have an 'edge' of the Universe, same with the Sun, stars etc. (right circumstance you get a black hole). Now, since its not actually edged you get a peculiar effect. Think of a sheet of paper and making it into a funnel, tape the sheet so it stays. Now you have a 'seam'. That seam is a line, but it appears to us as a point. And 'around' the point, the stars "move".

You know the stars arnt actually swirling around a 'pole star' moving right? We cant actually detect the movement of stars, that would be a tremendous speed, well past the speed of light. I dont know why some people believe that. smh
Cyclosteg 2:04 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thatstill does not explain why the stars rotate in a certain direction, let's say, in Iceland, and in the opposite direction, let's say, in Australia.

You read the thread?

I have, why?

its contingent

yeah, that part

Now, all large objects in space (planets, stars) exerts a 'focal field' on space time. If the Earth actually had an edge (think flat / round earth) you could envision a funnel shape and the earth as a round quarter plugging it. At the bottom of the Earth you have an 'edge' of the Universe, same with the Sun, stars etc. (right circumstance you get a black hole). Now, since its not actually edged you get a peculiar effect. Think of a sheet of paper and making it into a funnel, tape the sheet so it stays. Now you have a 'seam'. That seam is a line, but it appears to us as a point. And 'around' the point, the stars "move".

You know the stars arnt actually swirling around a 'pole star' moving right? We cant actually detect the movement of stars, that would be a tremendous speed, well past the speed of light. I dont know why some people believe that. smh

Well, I guess I understand your point that it's impossible to prove a perspective now.
AKIEM 3:45 AM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Thatstilldoes not explain why the stars rotate in a certain direction, let's say, in Iceland, and in the opposite direction, let's say, in Australia.

You read the thread?

I have, why?

its contingent

yeah, that part

Well, I guess I understand your point that it's impossible to prove a perspective now.

Lol yup, theres a lot of people out there, No matter how ridiculous their pov is, proving them wrong isn't possible if they just keep claiming to be right.
d:raf 8:05 PM - 26 September, 2017
time.com

Quote:
Rapper B.o.B. Has Started a GoFundMe Campaign to Prove That the Earth Is Flat
KEVIN LUI @KEVINLUIKF
SEP 26, 2017 1:13 PM EDT

Rapper B.o.B., who made waves last year for tweeting that the Earth is flat, now wants your help to prove his theory.

Late last week, he started a GoFundMe campaign, Show BoB The Curve, aiming to find evidence that the planet is actually round.

“Help support B.o.B purchase and launch multiple satellites into space,” reads the fundraising page’s description. “He will be keeping you updated with step-by-step documentation of the process! Help B.o.B find the curve!”

Since the campaign launched on Sept. 21, 27 donors have given a total $596 to the rapper by the time of writing — he is aiming to raise $200,000 for the project.

In 2016, the rapper, whose real name is Bobby Ray Simmons, dropped a diss track on astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, after Tyson tried to convince him that the Earth is, in fact, round.

“Neil Tyson need to loosen up his vest/ They’ll probably write that man one hell of a check,” read one line from B.o.B.’s track,”Flatline.”

For his part, Tyson clapped back with a scientific explanation, and dropped his mic on national television to demonstrate gravity.

The view that Planet Earth is a flat disc, as opposed to a globular-shaped spheroid, has been amplified in recent years by celebrity endorsements, reports CNN.

Apart from B.o.B., high-profile flat-Earthers include Tila Tequila, NFL player Sammy Watkins and NBA star Kyrie Irving. (However, it turns out Irving could be just trolling everyone with his professed belief in a flat Earth.)
AKIEM 1:18 PM - 28 September, 2017
I should start a go fund me.
Mr. Goodkat 11:04 PM - 29 September, 2017
so are u a flat earther akiem or is this about something else.
AKIEM 2:15 PM - 30 September, 2017
I'm an anti-globalist.
Mr. Goodkat 6:36 PM - 30 September, 2017
geographically or politically?