Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

WARNING: Serato DJ and OSX El Capitan Beta 6

sunstarfire 11:00 AM - 9 August, 2015
Hey all,

just wanted to let you guys know that while Serato seems to work fine with El Capitan, it will stop to do so after some time.

Now, this is personal experience, and it is very well possible that this is only happening to me and will work for everyone else.

I have a Pioneer DDJ-S1, a late 2014 i7 15" Macbook Pro with the latest El Capitan Beta 6 on it. I had a gig two weeks ago with Beta 5 and all worked fine. With Beta 6, playback stopped after about 45-60 minutes. It seems to me like communication between Serato and the built-in soundcard in the deck was lost. I did not get any sound via my headphones, nor anything via the PA.

This is very hard to follow up on since it takes quite some time to fail, but it happened to me three times yesterday.

Everyone knows to never touch a running system :) I know that too, but sometimes I just gotta try, and it looks like this might fail.

Heads up: This is not to say we have a bug in Serato. I would rather blame OSX for it. Just to make this clear :)

Keep rockin.
sunstarfire 11:02 AM - 9 August, 2015
Great. I forgot to say how to remedy it. Sorry :( Well, there is no real solution to the thing. I did not find anything else but to reboot the laptop. Simply disconnecting the deck, plugging it into another USB port, switching it on and off and quitting Serato did not work, one more thing to make me think it's the OS :)
Davideon 12:27 PM - 9 August, 2015
Quote:

Heads up: This is not to say we have a bug in Serato. I would rather blame OSX for it. Just to make this clear :)

Keep rockin.

serato.com

Serato DJ is not currently supported on El captain. So I think it would be a bit harsh to say a program has a bug when it is being used on an os it's not meant to be
sunstarfire 12:28 PM - 9 August, 2015
Why did I know that some stupid comment like that would come along? ;)
Davideon 4:07 PM - 9 August, 2015
It's a fact. What's stupid is using any program on an unsupported os, coming across problems, and questioning whether the program is at fault.

Lol
deejdave 4:39 PM - 9 August, 2015
So what the suggested course of action here be?
Ragman 5:09 PM - 9 August, 2015
Wow, you really need to stop doing paid gigs with betas. That's very unprofessional man.
Ali Holden 2:30 PM - 1 September, 2015
Just want to chip in my 2 cents.

I'm using El Capitan PB5 and still no dice with my DDJ-SZ

SDJ sees it for 1/2 second then it's gone.

Going into AUDIO and MIDI it doesn't appear as an audio device, but it does in MIDI.

Also tried installing my Audiophile sound card and no dice (which is firewire) so it seems that you can't as yet install external sound cards for USB 3.0 and firewire.

Interestingly my Traktor Audio 2 works just fine, I think it's a conspiracy.

lesson is, don't install beta OS without backing up, as i've been crippled from having a jam for over a month

If anyone is having luck or has a workaround, holla at me!
djfreefall 11:41 PM - 1 September, 2015
Im using a backup computer with my beta. SZ is still a no-go, similar issue as Ali. I think ultimately it will be a driver issue from Pioneer.
Djpushplay 1:22 PM - 5 September, 2015
Updates from me.
I now have PB 6 and still no deal with the SZ.
I've seen they're in the process of developing 64bit drivers, however I have started a thread to see how things are looking.
From what I've read it's due to be released with, or just after El Capitan public release which should be in a few weeks.
Good news however is my SL1 box is now working!!!!
So at least now I can have a jam, but gotta kick it old school.
All support has been exhausted from serato, so if I get any updates I'll let you know.

forums.pioneerdj.com
DJ Master T 1:23 PM - 7 September, 2015
Why Not try to bash the apple forums for their BETA not working with Serato? A BETA is an unfinished product. It's not Serato's fault. It's stupid to use beta's on a main system. Even a just released final products. Don't be an early adopter just to be the one with the latest.
djfreefall 7:20 AM - 8 September, 2015
Thanks for the update @djpushplay
Serato, Support
Jordan L 4:21 AM - 9 September, 2015
Hi there guys,

Wouldn't recommend using El Capitan until it's publicly released and supported within Serato.

As most of you already know using Betas in a live environment is risky business.
Djpushplay 5:39 AM - 9 September, 2015
I concur
Joe Fresh 2:47 AM - 10 September, 2015
The GM (golden master) of El Capitan is now starting to roll out to public beta testers.
This is the final version that everyone will get when El Capitan is released on September 30.

Hoping that Serato gets its hands on the GM soon so it can begin testing Serato DJ with it and the various hardware.
deejdave 2:52 AM - 10 September, 2015
Agreed but let us also learn from our history as well as other people's mistakes by NOT being an early adopter of any new OS as we already know there will be issues. I tend to keep one MacBook on the newest OS but the rest on previous OS's.
Joe Fresh 3:01 AM - 10 September, 2015
Agreed, it's better to wait for the official thumbs-up from Serato before upgrading.

I did upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite early and didn't have any issues.
But I tested Beta 1 of El Capitan a while back and had some problems, and I've heard reports from people having problems with controllers.

That being said, I'm currently downloading the El Capitan GM and will install on a separate partition. I just can't help myself. :)
Djpushplay 3:17 AM - 10 September, 2015
I can't test until Monday but we will see if I can actually install drivers and get back to you
DJ Tecniq 6:06 AM - 10 September, 2015
Serato already has Enugu problems with Yosemite...why make the jump😳👀
DJ Tecniq 6:06 AM - 10 September, 2015
Enough*
Djpushplay 6:11 AM - 10 September, 2015
Definitely just waiting on drivers now from everyone. Software running fine though
Joe Fresh 6:20 AM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

No problems on Yosemite for me, on any kind of setup.

I like the new features in El Capitan.
PopRoXxX 6:10 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No problems on Yosemite for me, on any kind of setup.

I like the new features in El Capitan.

+1

I'm also hoping for official early adopting of El Capitan from Serato with good results. Fingers crossed
djfreefall 7:46 PM - 10 September, 2015
+1 +1 +1 +1
DummyJuice 10:26 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Agreed, it's better to wait for the official thumbs-up from Serato before upgrading.

I did upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite early and didn't have any issues.
But I tested Beta 1 of El Capitan a while back and had some problems, and I've heard reports from people having problems with controllers.

That being said, I'm currently downloading the El Capitan GM and will install on a separate partition. I just can't help myself. :)

I installed El Cap GM this morning and I was having issues with Serato DJ with the Rane 62. After playing for a while the computer would not play sound from the mixer itself, decks seem to be playing but no sound. Good thing I 1) did a time machine back up 2) did not attempt to use Serato DJ at a live gig.
PopRoXxX 10:44 PM - 10 September, 2015
Yeah. Lots of drivers will need to be updated. It will be the wait on that from the companies, that we will endure. Lol
Djpushplay 10:51 PM - 10 September, 2015
Pioneer still not giving up when the drivers will be out, but if they want to show off rekordbox DJ in a few days they might have to
djfreefall 8:18 PM - 15 September, 2015
As per "Pulse"regarding the SZ 10.11 drivers on the Pioneer Forums ---
"Apple has set the official public release date for El Cap as September 30th. It will not be until the final public release that Pioneer will begin certification of their drivers and software for the new operating system. At that time they will likely announce a timeline. There are no beta drivers available.Thanks for your patience."
djfreefall 8:18 PM - 15 September, 2015
Djpushplay 12:09 AM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:
As per "Pulse"regarding the SZ 10.11 drivers on the Pioneer Forums ---
"Apple has set the official public release date for El Cap as September 30th. It will not be until the final public release that Pioneer will begin certification of their drivers and software for the new operating system. At that time they will likely announce a timeline. There are no beta drivers available.Thanks for your patience."

Thanks @djfreefall I was about to post this too. Guess we will be waiting three weeks at least
DyNaMiKe-1 7:16 AM - 18 September, 2015
I have the El Capitan GM installed and the current version of Serato DJ has really weird dropouts all of a sudden. It´s not like a USB Dropout, but the sound is gone for a few seconds and the waveforms act strange.
I will try if the same happens with Scratch Live, because its a real pain in the ass to go back to Yosemite, once you installed El Capitan.
DJ-Spark 8:45 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
I have the El Capitan GM installed and the current version of Serato DJ has really weird dropouts all of a sudden. It´s not like a USB Dropout, but the sound is gone for a few seconds and the waveforms act strange.
I will try if the same happens with Scratch Live, because its a real pain in the ass to go back to Yosemite, once you installed El Capitan.

Same problems for me

OS X El Cap beta public
Serato DJ 1.7.8 - Audio dropout, waveforms acte strange.... And no Midi out...
DyNaMiKe-1 7:01 AM - 25 September, 2015
For all who made the mistake to update to El Capitan already, there are kinda good news. Scratch Live 2.5 is still working without problems. So for now it is back to good ol´ Scratch Live until El Capitan gets supportet by Serato DJ! ;)
DJ Master T 12:16 PM - 25 September, 2015
I don't get it. If you consider yourself a pro, and have a software working and supported by a current OS, why try an unsupported OS??? And then whine all around because of having issues.
popnwave 12:48 PM - 25 September, 2015
Or heck, if you want to try it, install it on an external drive and dual boot!
deejdave 4:17 PM - 25 September, 2015
I see no problems with being early adopters, beta testing the shit outta software, even treading new waters in uncharted territories.

Just NOT when playing live and NOT on my performance laptops. I use the backup of the backups for this. I'll try and if it works PERFECT it will make it to the backup machines for further testing. It never gets past that until officially supported though. Seems necessary to me TBH.
george kyriak 12:08 PM - 1 October, 2015
A question to all of you: Has anyone tested OS X El Capitan with Scratch Live for longer periods of time? Would like to upgrade since my Yosemite Mac is occasionally playing around (audio dropouts every once in a while)...
popnwave 12:24 PM - 1 October, 2015
No DJ suite (Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox) currently supports that OS, upgrade at your own risk.
mfshva7 2:19 PM - 1 October, 2015
NI and Steinberg (Cubase) warn that El Capitain will not run with there Soft!
deejdave 4:02 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
NI and Steinberg (Cubase) warn that El Capitain will not run with there Soft!

Aspects of it for N.I. but mostly Driver related. They DO have beta versions of the drivers already if you would like to try the risky approach.

Best bet though is you should be waiting for official support.
DjQuest9 9:19 PM - 1 October, 2015
I updated last night before a big gig, I don't use Seato Dj I use scratch live and a Rane62Z I had no issues with the software but the 62 midi features were disabled so I couldn't use my cue's or scroll effect. I played for about 3 hrs and had no issues what so ever with the update or software but again no midi on the 62 and I don't use serato dj
popnwave 9:58 PM - 1 October, 2015
Wow....
dj dee smooth 1:40 AM - 2 October, 2015
YAAAAAAAHHHHH ......DID THE UPDATE TO EL CAPITAN ACTUALLY TODAY..... BIG MISTACHE FEW HOURS LATER I RECEIVED AN E MAIL FROM SERATO LETTING ME KNOW THEY DONT SUPPORT EL CAPITAN I HAVE A BIG GIG IN UP STATE NY NIAGRA FALLS LUCKY I HAVE A MACBOOK PRO BUT I LIKE TO USE MY 5K BIG SCREEM EASY TO WORK ON..... WHEN WOULD SERATO SUPPORT EL CAPITAN??????????
TALKED TO APPLE SUPPORT AND I WAS TOLD EL CAPITAN IS JUST A FEW UPDATES NO BIG DEAL SO WHY SERATO WOULDN'T WORK ?
THANKS GOOD LUCK TO ALL
deejdave 3:52 AM - 2 October, 2015
If they had it in ALL CAPS I bet you would have seen it prior to..................

Just teasing but in all seriousness the e-mail you received to day is the same message found numerous times on this thread, throughout these forums and on every pro DJ software website/blog. Serato is simply saying you are using it at your own risk as they do not officially support it yet due to insufficient testing. Keep in mind a developer can NOT develop based on a beta (which El Capitan has been going through the past few months) as the end product will NOT be the same as the beginning product (beta 1.0) assuming the beta was successful.

Furthermore Serato will not be giving an official date for support and will be handling this just as they have every version of every OS they have ever supported to date.

Quote:
TALKED TO APPLE SUPPORT AND I WAS TOLD EL CAPITAN IS JUST A FEW UPDATES NO BIG DEAL SO WHY SERATO WOULDN'T WORK ?

It is not just a few updates. It is an entirely new OS. It is not a .x update, It is an x. update.
dj dee smooth 4:09 AM - 2 October, 2015
I know now is a new OS. But I guess I just have to wait till serato support this OS When u guys think it would work?????
DJ Baby Boy 4:13 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
When u guys think it would work?????

The only answer as of right now is ... There is none.

If you must have an exact date I would say that El Capitan will be supported July 17th of 2016 and if it happens to be any earlier than that be very happy about it
popnwave 3:34 PM - 2 October, 2015
Damn this thread just keeps getting better. Are OS updates the DJ version of Darwinism?
deejdave 3:37 PM - 2 October, 2015
Weekend Darwinism maybe LOL :)
sirmo 2:17 PM - 19 October, 2015
hey all!Just like to know you I used scratch live on el captain and no problems occured!I used it in HID mode with cdj 900!
DJ-Spark 2:41 PM - 19 October, 2015
Same thing for me : no problems with Serato Scratch Live...

But Serato DJ....
Ragman 4:52 AM - 20 October, 2015
^^^^^^^
Quote:
Same thing for me : no problems with Serato Scratch Live...

But Serato DJ....

Guys thanks for posting this. I use SSL exclusively for DVS and I am in the process of purchasing a new mbp. So this is very good news <knock on wood>.
dj knowledge prime 7:12 PM - 22 October, 2015
Hey guys, my computer automatically downloaded El Capitan without my consent- wtf! I'm now not wanting to restart it to prevent the install. Is there any way to remove it?
soundboyz 10:48 PM - 22 October, 2015
Djpushplay 5:06 PM - 4 November, 2015
This was just posted on the Pioneer forum for the SZ, also works for RZ. Confirmed working with OSX 10.11.1 Beta and my DDJSZ

that my RZ is working with El Capitan with a litte Workaround.
1: Update to El Capitan
2: Restart Mac and press CMD + "R" while booting
3: Go into Terminal and Type: "csrutil disable"
4: Restart your Mac
5: Re-install your audio driver ( As far as I know, its works with SZ, RZ, but try with other ones i really think it would work too)!
Stevie_D 12:00 AM - 8 November, 2015
Hi guys,

I have Serato Scratch Live 2.5 and a Rane TTM57 - I just upgraded to OSX El Capitan (accidentally- yes I know, a HUGE mistake) and now Serato is not working.

Some people are saying that Scratch Live DOES work with El Capitan- but mine does not. I tried deleting the SeratoScratchDriver.kext file and that did not work. Besides downgrading back to Yosemite are there any other options?

Thanks for any help.
Djpushplay 12:07 AM - 8 November, 2015
You can't downgrade, you have to reinstall.
Scratch love works for me with my SL1
Djpushplay 12:08 AM - 8 November, 2015
However my DDJSZ drivers have installed, but doesn't work with serato DJ. still waiting for pioneer to sort their lives out
Stevie_D 12:10 AM - 8 November, 2015
Thanks for the comment.

Reinstall what? Serato Scratch Live? I also have the Rane TTM57, and not the SL1- any idea if that will work?
Djpushplay 1:09 AM - 8 November, 2015
Nah you'll need to reinstall OSX.
I'm not sure about the 57? USB 2.0 serato devices aren't working, but my SL1 box is USB 1.0
deejdave 6:05 PM - 8 November, 2015
This may or may not help you downgrade your OS.
deejdave 6:05 PM - 8 November, 2015
Stevie_D 5:54 PM - 9 November, 2015
I just posted this on their Facebook page:

Dear Serato,

I will preface my post by stating that I am solely responsible for making the mistake of updating my operating system to El Captian without going to your website or checking your social channels first.

Now, to you. Your company continues to maintain its position as the industry standard for DJ equipment. Anybody who is anybody in the DJ or production industry uses Serato or at least knows of the program. That’s a lot of people. I would be willing to bet that most of your customers use an OS X-based operating system, and even if only half of them are Mac users, you knew this. You knew that (tens of) thousands of DJs and producers who depend on the reliability of Serato would be distraught if they made the mistake of updating their operating system to El Capitan- which is not compatible with Serato. And what is your response:

"Due to El Capitan causing a lot of audio connection problems the OS X is not currently supported. We require hardware partners to create new drivers before we can offer support but this support will only be available in Serato DJ as Scratch Live is now discontinued. Please read the below article to roll back to a previous OS X as this really the only viable option."

This is embarrassing. As the industry standard, your company, brand, and executives should be absolutely embarrassed for not being able to keep up with advances in technology. You knew the OS X update was coming months before it even launched its beta version, now we're months past the actual release of El Capitan and all you can do is provide such a terribly articulated, canned response.

And your solution? Completely reset your computer and downgrade back to Yosemite. Your team understands the risks associated with this (your customers potentially losing all of their data) and you still offer this up as the best option.

I have a solution- how about your team and the 'hardware partners' you're working with get to work. Put more time and resources into figuring out an answer to this massive problem you've created by being unprepared for something you knew was coming. How about providing a level of transparency into the process to keep your loyal customer base updated with any progress that is being made. Now months into this, you’ve yet to provide any sort of timeline for the upgrade, thus keeping us in a state of frustration and uncertainty.

But, wait… Could this all be to your benefit? For those of us who currently use Serato Scratch Live with the TTM57 SL (or any older hardware), we come to find out that you will no longer be making updates to Scratch Live on El Capitan, only Serato DJ. How convenient that the TTM57 SL doesn’t work with Serato DJ. So after we wait for you to figure out how to solve this problem, we’ll also need to purchase expensive new hardware.

I’ve been scouring the forums on your website for answers, and all I see is an irate user base- the thousands of DJs who now can’t do gigs and make a living because they made the mistake of upgrading their operating system. Moving forward, will your company be able to better adapt to new technology and provide a higher level of customer service?

I guess only time will tell.
PopRoXxX 7:43 PM - 9 November, 2015
Wow. So ALL that was definitely UN-needed ^^^^^
Joe Fresh 7:46 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Wow. So ALL that was definitely UN-needed ^^^^^

+1
PopRoXxX 7:48 PM - 9 November, 2015
You're acting like Serato is the ONLY company in the whole wide world with audio hardware/software problems on El Capitan.

How about this: Do some ACTUAL research on computer OS updates. Update research from the company putting out the OS update to any company of which you use their products with that OS ..... before you go spouting off at the mouth all over the internet with your bashing BS that actually makes you look ignorant as hell.

A little bit of knowledge in this area can actually help you with your future endeavors in any business with technology involved. LOL!!!!!!!!!
Stevie_D 8:05 PM - 9 November, 2015
Thanks DJ Poproxx,

Really great response with your all-caps words and lol. Sweet backwards hat and shades too..

Serato is the only program I use that failed to upgrade with El Capitan. Thus making it the only company in my whole wide world that is having these problems. And it's a big one. The only reason you're defending them is because you did your research and didn't make the upgrade. I admitted that I made the mistake. But that's no longer the issue. The issue is months later, why isn't it fixed? Are they really working on it as best/fast as they can? Do you know? Are you speaking for the DJs who can no longer gig and make a living because they made the same mistake? In fact, why are you speaking at all if it didn't affect you?
PopRoXxX 8:24 PM - 9 November, 2015
I'm speaking because this definitely is not the first time it has happened and it definitely won't be the last. You made a noob mistake whether your brand new or super seasoned. Ever heard "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? What was the rush then? Was it worth it to not even look up the manual for the product you use to make money with to see if it works at all?

Yes, we all make mistakes. I do all the time. But that "letter" above was all because of you and then you go throw punches at someone else because of your mistake.

Did you not know that Apple made changes to the core audio on update 10.11.1 right after making big changes to the core audio with all the betas and initial final release of 10.11? If Serato got it working on the initial release (10.11) for some reason, you would be in this same exact boat for just updating to a point release (10.11.1).

I'm saying all this because you never know right away. I bet Serato gets all the betas. But I would believe they choose to do their actual hard testing on the final releases because lots of things can change in each beta release for the good or bad.

Moral: If you make money with it. Make sure first. And don't blame others for your own personal mistakes. It happens

Serato Support is where you need to be to get your rig running again
PopRoXxX 8:24 PM - 9 November, 2015
PS - I still love my 2008 backwards hat and Oakley shades ;)
Stevie_D 8:35 PM - 9 November, 2015
You keep attacking the mistake which thousands of other made as well. The mistake has been made and I've moved on and am trying to figure out how to amend it.

You mention rush. What rush? We're now months past the launch of El Capitan. They've had even more months to work on this with the beta version. My punches are being thrown because the knew this was going to happen and make thousands of their customers extremely unhappy (check the message boards and their social channels). What about a warning within their programs that said 'DO NOT UPGRADE TO EL CAPITAN YET'? And why won't I be able to use Scratch Live with El Capitan moving forward, thus making me need Serato DJ, thus making me have to buy new hardware? They are absolutely to blame here.
AKIEM 8:36 PM - 9 November, 2015
sweet
PopRoXxX 8:38 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
What rush?

The rush you put on Serato to work faster cause you wanna update

Quote:
They are absolutely to blame here.

Ok. You keep that mindset man. All good on my end. I'm done already. I'll let everyone agree with you
Stevie_D 8:51 PM - 9 November, 2015
Just remember poproxxx, I'm speaking for many other people..
pdidy 8:51 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
You keep attacking the mistake which thousands of other made as well. The mistake has been made and I've moved on and am trying to figure out how to amend it.

You mention rush. What rush? We're now months past the launch of El Capitan. They've had even more months to work on this with the beta version. My punches are being thrown because the knew this was going to happen and make thousands of their customers extremely unhappy (check the message boards and their social channels). What about a warning within their programs that said 'DO NOT UPGRADE TO EL CAPITAN YET'? And why won't I be able to use Scratch Live with El Capitan moving forward, thus making me need Serato DJ, thus making me have to buy new hardware? They are absolutely to blame here.

Stevie_D , there's a lot that you're wrong about and a lot that you don't know, hopefully someone will take the time and explain it to you in detail.

It's like you're walking around with a "kick me" sign on your back and nobody's telling you.....lol
Stevie_D 8:53 PM - 9 November, 2015
Take the time pdidy- explain it to me. Serato isn't explaining it to anyone, so maybe you can?
deejdave 9:48 PM - 9 November, 2015
Take the time pdidy- explain it to me. Serato isn't explaining it to anyone, so maybe you can?
support.serato.com
Quote:

Serato is the one who wrote this up. Serato IS taking the time to explain and attempting to help anyone daring enough to risk such a foolish move. Trust that this is not nearly as common as you think. Trust that Serato is NOT the only software who has not offered full compatibility with El Capitan yet either.
Quote:
You knew that (tens of) thousands of DJs and producers who depend on the reliability of Serato would be distraught if they made the mistake of updating their operating system to El Capitan

This is a big IF but the thing is this is no different than ANY other time with ANY other OS and if the lesson has not been learned yet I am sure it never will be.
Quote:
And your solution? Completely reset your computer and downgrade back to Yosemite. Your team understands the risks associated with this (your customers potentially losing all of their data) and you still offer this up as the best option.

You should understand the risks associated with upgrading to an unsupported OS and yet you still considered that an option at all?

Now I understand what you are trying to accomplish here but trust you are in the minority so this is not nearly as widespread an issue as you seemingly thought there "could" have been if ANY of your statistics were correct.
Quote:
What about a warning within their programs that said 'DO NOT UPGRADE TO EL CAPITAN YET'?

Do the words "OS X 10.11 El Capitan is not currently supported." count. They happen to be PLASTERED directly above the link you MUST use in order to download Serato DJ www.dropbox.com
Quote:
And why won't I be able to use Scratch Live with El Capitan moving forward, thus making me need Serato DJ, thus making me have to buy new hardware? They are absolutely to blame here.

Are we to assume that you think every software ever released will continue to support every OS for the rest of your life? How could this even be remotely possible? Serato Scratch Live will ALWAYS work on the OS's and with the FW that were being used during its lifespan. This again was NO surprise and YOU yourself assume any and all risks in moving forward with anything BUT what is currently listed on the min. requirements for ANY software you are attempting to use. For SSL this STOPS at 10.9 and for SDJ this STOPS at 10.10 for Mac.
Quote:
I admitted that I made the mistake. But that's no longer the issue. The issue is months later, why isn't it fixed?

TRUST that the issue is 100% that you did not do your research. Furthermore "OS X 10.11 "El Capitan" was released on September 30, 2015" (DIRECTLY cut from Wiki en.wikipedia.org) so you are again making false statements when using the plural word months as it has not even been two and is in fact barely over one month ago.

That fact that you are literally attempting to insult others who have done their research seems like a reach at best IMO.

IF I am not mistaken here your entire stance here seems to be that Serato should have 100% assumed that many of their users would do the wrong thing? Not a very nice assumption on their users is it?
Stevie_D 11:53 PM - 9 November, 2015
Anyone daring enough to risk such a foolish move?
Like the thousands of users who have done so? Looks like a lot of us we're really 'daring' when clicking a button to upgrade to a more advanced operating system.

Trust that Serato is NOT the only software who has not offered full compatibility with El Capitan yet either.
What kind of defense is this? I'm not taking about any other program. I'm talking about Serato. It's the only program on my machine that's not compatible, thus making it the only software.

You should understand the risks associated with upgrading to an unsupported OS and yet you still considered that an option at all?
Unsupported? See above- only by Serato. Every other program works just fine.
Absolutely not the minority- again, check the message boards and social channels. I'm speaking for a lot of angry people.

Do the words "OS X 10.11 El Capitan is not currently supported." count.
No they don't! None of the people who use Serato and upgraded to El Capitan went to this link on the Serato page, obviously. That's a lot of people! Things would have been different had they communicated this in the actual programs.

IF I am not mistaken here your entire stance here seems to be that Serato should have 100% assumed that many of their users would do the wrong thing?
YES!!! Exactly my point. Thank you for hitting the nail on the head! Serato knew this would happen to thousands of users and did not plan/communicate accordingly.
AKIEM 11:59 PM - 9 November, 2015
Thousands just learned an important lesson - the world is better for it ;)

( aka dont treat your important software like its a text editor or whatever )
Stevie_D 12:02 AM - 10 November, 2015

...not sure what any of that means. But thanks for chiming in!
AKIEM 12:19 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:

Well, thousands of users just learned if they are that dependent on the proper operation of a certain software they will make sure its compatible with the new OS before upgrading. And they should make a back up before upgrading in case there are any problems which would allow them to revert back. These are things professionals should be doing to maintain a properly functioning system (regardless of anything else).

If the software was only a text editor, it would probably be far less important in the way you handle it.

BTW, pressing 'Quote' automatically quotes for you.
deejdave 12:58 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
IF I am not mistaken here your entire stance here seems to be that Serato should have 100% assumed that many of their users would do the wrong thing?
YES!!! Exactly my point. Thank you for hitting the nail on the head! Serato knew this would happen to thousands of users and did not plan/communicate accordingly.

This has got to be some of the worst logic I have ever heard of. I am sure all of us including Serato will now assume you will do things incorrectly in the future so good news there. I would personally be offended if anyone EVER just assumed I would do the wrong thing.
AKIEM 1:02 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This has got to be some of the worst logic I have ever heard of. I am sure all of us including Serato will now assume you will do things incorrectly in the future so good news there. I would personally be offended if anyone EVER just assumed I would do the wrong thing.

....and that thinking is the exact major problem. They should NOT be building software for idiots.....

{ [ ( sigh ) ] }
Stevie_D 1:10 AM - 10 November, 2015
You keep using the word 'you'. Not just my issue, but now an issue for thousands. They absolutely should assume that their user base doesn't know and communicate more effectively. Obviously a non issure for you guys who sit around perusing the Serato message boards on Saturday night awaing the latest firmware updates.
deejdave 1:15 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
You keep using the word 'you'. Not just my issue, but now an issue for thousands.
I suppose it takes a certain kind of person to find safety in numbers even when it may be a room full of ___________ people who have no idea what they are doing. BTW please note I am avoiding any use of insulting labels etc when one can EASILLY be used in place........... which brings us to this:
Quote:
Obviously a non issure for you guys who sit around perusing the Serato message boards on Saturday night awaing the latest firmware updates.

Are you seriously trying to insult people who are quick to install the latest firmware updates after prematurely installing the latest OS? What just happened here?
AKIEM 1:16 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
You keep using the word 'you'. Not just my issue, but now an issue for thousands. They absolutely should assume that their user base doesn't know and communicate more effectively. Obviously a non issure for you guys who sit around perusing the Serato message boards on Saturday night awaing the latest firmware updates.

Who are *you talking(communicating) too?
Stevie_D 1:19 AM - 10 November, 2015
Yes I am Deej, yes I am ;)
deejdave 1:20 AM - 10 November, 2015
Nuff said

No longer tracking
AKIEM 1:22 AM - 10 November, 2015
Bet he instals the next OS without precaution as well.
Stevie_D 1:24 AM - 10 November, 2015
Classic digital message board diss! Heyoo!
pdidy 1:33 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:

Quote:

Well after reading your previous comments I think its best to allow natural selection handle this issue for you.....lol

"natural selection: the process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring. The theory of its action was first fully expounded by Charles Darwin and is now believed to be the main process that brings about evolution."
Stevie_D 1:51 AM - 10 November, 2015
Coming hard with the electronic disses, pdidy! Loovvve it! Serato Defenders, unite!
kbscholar 4:19 AM - 10 November, 2015
The back & forth in this thread is gold. I can't get enough. Keep it coming!
kiwitom 7:18 AM - 14 November, 2015
im with you stevie d..

Quote:
Coming hard with the electronic disses, pdidy! Loovvve it! Serato Defenders, unite!

cant believe some of the dickheads on here. as if they never made a mistake in their life..

first and only problem iv'e ever had with serato. an easy mistake to make!!
PopRoXxX 7:47 AM - 14 November, 2015
Not dissing for mistakes at all. But the disses do come when you make mistakes and then blame the company of the product you're using for the mistakes you personally made.

That is like coming here and asking for your ass to be handed to you by regular users on this forum.
Supagee 9:50 AM - 14 November, 2015
Funny thing about Stevie_D's logic is that he is asking a company to ASSUME sh*t just as he has ASSUMED things with out doing his research and look at where that got him.

I am sure this is just one of many reasons that Serato doesn't ASSUME....

ASSUME = making an ASS out of U and ME

Software and programming is so advanced now and even the slightest of changes to code can make a mess of many things related to it.

DON'T UPGRADED TILL YOU ARE AWARE OF ALL THE RESULTS.
pdidy 2:12 PM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:
im with you stevie d..

thumb1.shutterstock.com
PopRoXxX 7:15 PM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:
ASSUME = making an ASS out of U and ME

I am remembering this for life! Lol!!
DJ Auriezo 2:05 AM - 15 November, 2015
It's been awhile bros at Serato ... Any updates? Hope you guys will find a breakthrough to this issue soon.
Ali Holden 1:48 PM - 19 November, 2015
Hi guys,

DDJ SZ drivers are out, I would presume also that all others for Pioneer gear have been released, but i'm too excited to check as I haven;t had a mix in months

www.pioneerdj.com
Joe Fresh 6:46 PM - 19 November, 2015
Interesting.

My worry is that if El Capitan compatibility is dependent on hardware manufacturers updating drivers, Pioneer may not do it for older controllers like the DDJ-SX. That would suck for me.
Jmoney$ 7:10 PM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:
Interesting.

My worry is that if El Capitan compatibility is dependent on hardware manufacturers updating drivers, Pioneer may not do it for older controllers like the DDJ-SX. That would suck for me.

My DDJ-Sx works fine on 1.8...

I did hear that pioneer is trying to have the rest of the drivers update by the end of Dec
Joe Fresh 7:18 PM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:

My DDJ-Sx works fine on 1.8...

I did hear that pioneer is trying to have the rest of the drivers update by the end of Dec

Are you on El Capitan 10.11.1?
That would be great if Pioneer updated drivers for all its SDJ controllers.
Jmoney$ 7:57 PM - 19 November, 2015
yes i am ...only because i had to do a internet restore and apple dint give me a choice. The previous hard drive failed.

I have only used it for about 30 min but i have not seen any issues
Ragman 4:18 AM - 20 November, 2015
Probably need more then 30 mins before I'm convinced, but thanks.
d:raf 4:46 AM - 20 November, 2015
This just in... support.serato.com
Supagee 6:40 AM - 20 November, 2015
Pioneer has only updated firmware for about half their products and they say the rest will all be done by end of dec
DJ Fluke 613 10:30 AM - 20 November, 2015
I don't get it how el capitan is supported in 1.8 ? They said that support would come in a later version. How can the same version include support ? Or did they repackage anothet build, then shouldn't it be 1.8.1? Or sdj did support it all along but they were waiting on the HW guys to update drivers. That's what is seems like but not what we were told.
Jmoney$ 2:05 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
I don't get it how el capitan is supported in 1.8 ? They said that support would come in a later version. How can the same version include support ? Or did they repackage anothet build, then shouldn't it be 1.8.1? Or sdj did support it all along but they were waiting on the HW guys to update drivers. That's what is seems like but not what we were told.

Its not supported. Some of the issues people were having were driver related @ the OS level
so this will allow the hardware to work but as always use at your own risk. There could still potentially be software issues with serato.
Jmoney$ 2:07 PM - 20 November, 2015
haha nevermind I cant read

Serato DJ 1.8 now supported on OS X 10.11 El Capitan

support.serato.com
DJ Fluke 613 2:25 PM - 20 November, 2015
But that's what I mean, how is it all of a sudden good on the Serato side with the same version?
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:42 PM - 20 November, 2015
you do realise Apple released an update thats why all of a sudden serato now works with it
Jmoney$ 2:59 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
But that's what I mean, how is it all of a sudden good on the Serato side with the same version?

Im sure part of the time was spent testing the many devices with the final version. I never had a issue with the software starting only with hardware.

This may be a good time to turn off automatic software updates on your mac so you dont get hit with the next OS a year from now
DJ Tecniq 8:53 PM - 20 November, 2015
I don't get it? How are they gonna say it's supported but in this article it mentions issues with Rane devices? I'll pass
dj.rane.com
Joe Fresh 8:54 PM - 20 November, 2015
The software is compatible. The hardware drivers are not.
DJ Tecniq 8:55 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
The software is compatible. The hardware drivers are not.
Thanks for the clarification. Yeah i'm in no rush to update. Better safe than sorry
Jmoney$ 10:14 PM - 20 November, 2015
i may have posted some incomplete into the pioneer update for Dec is as follows

Quote:
Quote:
Drivers for OS X El Capitan for products below will be released by the end of December 2015.

DJM-2000NXS
DJM-2000
DJM-900NXS
MEP-7000
RMX-500

forums.pioneerdj.com
DJ KOOLGUY 12:13 AM - 21 November, 2015
Hey Guy's Follow DJ's

I'm currently through the same thing. I contacted Apple and here is the information they provided me regarding downgrading to the old OS Yosemite.

"One thing you could try is going to the App Store, click on the Purchased section, and see if Yosemite is there since you’ve used it before. It’s worth a shot. After the download is finished, the mac will restart and install. After the mac boots up, head up to the top of your screen and click Apple>About this Mac to make sure you are running Yosemite."

Now this should work not 100% but i I'm downgrading as we speak so i hope this works as though i will wait till El Capitan and everyone else is (drivers) ETC are compatible.

Good luck hope this works!
DJ KOOLGUY 12:18 AM - 21 November, 2015
*correction...Fellow
Supagee 4:28 AM - 21 November, 2015
They did do some software tweaks as well with the SDJ as it is now Serato DJ 1.8.0.7779 <-- as you can see this is different from the last version they sent out which was Serato DJ 1.8.0.7502

so there was some sort of code changes in the release that they put out for El Capitan
max_imus 2:07 PM - 17 December, 2015
Read the fine print only after updating to El Capitan 😁
SL2-4 apparently still not supported...

Anyone been using SDJ with El Capitan?
When can we finally expect driver updates?
popnwave 4:33 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
Read the fine print only after updating to El Capitan 😁
SL2-4 apparently still not supported...

Anyone been using SDJ with El Capitan?
When can we finally expect driver updates?

That's an Apple/Rane question.
max_imus 12:58 PM - 18 December, 2015
Well, I'd still like to know if people are using SL4, SDJ and El Capitan without any major problems.
DJ Baby Boy 1:01 PM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Well, I'd still like to know if people are using SL4, SDJ and El Capitan without any major problems.

Even if they are you are at major risk of issues seeing as Rane still has not released drivers for El Capitan so upgrade at your own risk
pdidy 4:14 PM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Even if they are you are at major risk of issues seeing as Rane still has not released drivers for El Capitan so upgrade at your own risk

theres alot of next level super dumb dj's taking majors risks even after being warned.
popnwave 5:52 PM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

theres alot of next level super dumb dj's taking majors risks even after being warned.

I've stopped tracking so many threads this fall because of this..
max_imus 6:31 AM - 19 December, 2015
Good for you guys. I wasn't saying I want to do this, I was just trying to figure out if such behaviour is widespread.

And, I would be interested in any clues to when updates can be expected, to decide whether I wanna go with a temporary solution or wait for drivers. When were updates for Yosemite delivered?
pdidy 6:56 AM - 19 December, 2015
Quote:
And, I would be interested in any clues to when updates can be expected, to decide whether I wanna go with a temporary solution or wait for drivers. When were updates for Yosemite delivered?

That question was already answered.......
Quote:
That's an Apple/Rane question.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:06 PM - 20 December, 2015
Rane put some posts out how to patition your harddrive and have Yosemite installed just for using Rane hardware...... This i take as they ain't bringing new drivers out any time soon.
Ragman 5:22 AM - 21 December, 2015
^Ouch...
pdidy 6:28 AM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
Rane put some posts out how to patition your harddrive and have Yosemite installed just for using Rane hardware...... This i take as they ain't bringing new drivers out any time soon.

Oh really, let me do some research on that........dj.rane.com

That was a very interesting thread, especially this part.......

Zach Stone 8:50:14 - 17 Thursday 2015
"I’m not sure how much help complaining to Apple will do:(
I think the better, less stressful, less time consuming approach would be to downgrade your OS or create a partition as I have suggested.

From a DJ/producer to another fellow DJ I would highly suggest never updating to the latest OS or even music software unless you either have to or there is a really compelling reason for it.
All three of us in Rane’s support are working DJs and its a rule of thumb for us that we always stay one OS behind the latest to avoid all of this. The shiny bling is rarely worth the headache.
Its the best approach given these crazy times of new technology.

Creating a partition on your drive and keeping your music stuff separate from your day to day stuff is a great way to go anyways."

Zach Stone 10:08:31 - 18 Friday 2015
I’ve been doing this job for the past 10 years and I’ve seen many operating systems come and go. Every single time there are growing pains that effect a persons workflow. Whether its hardware, software, drivers, etc. from whatever manufacturer or software developer. Its always a headache.
Because of this I always stay well behind any new operating systems, and even software versions, that come out on my personal setup. Its simply a smarter way to go given the way Apple is throwing out new operating systems every 18 months and making it next to impossible for the average computer user to locate and roll back to a previous one.
Unless there is a absolute need to update why do it if it could potentially land you on an Ableton, Apple, Serato, Traktor, Apple, or Rane forum having to complain about it?
I completely understand the frustration here. We all would like the latest and greatest working from the get go. Its just not the reality we’re living in. Fortunately there is the safe guard of using an older, stable, system."

I've been preaching this for years.......serato.com
But I admit Im a lil surprised Zach had the 4.bp.blogspot.com too say it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:18 AM - 21 December, 2015
So Rane are saying it's something they can't fix yet every other manufacturer has been able to..... wow! Ok so what if apple then change this back wouldn't that then brake all the fixes the other manufacturers have put in? Sure does seem tobe a mess. Obviously if you are buying a brand new mac you have some problems.

Hopefully something gets sorted soon for all affected.
Supagee 10:12 AM - 21 December, 2015
out of all that information you got "So Rane are saying it's something they can't fix".

perhaps re-read again what was posted and just to sum it up for you so you can understand what was basically said was "don't upgrade unless you have no choice or unless it is needed"

Rane as most other hardware companies have plenty of different products that work differently with the software new and old. When apple made major changes in the audio portion of the new OS this brought problems and new solutions to be coded to have all hardware work not only with software like serato but with the actual OS. This isn't just Rane that are needing new firmware, this is for all hardware companies. Pioneer a leading brand for DJ hardware has even only updated a third of their products as of right now and the list goes on for all other companies.

Pretty sure these companies are just as frustrated at having to a lot time and money at upgrading old products to be compatible with new OS and would much rather be working on and spending money on new development projects rather than updating old product for normal use.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:01 PM - 21 December, 2015
Erm Pioneer have new drivers out for the most sold hardware. Rane nothing so yes i did get from all that, that they can't seem to fix it.

I don't have El Capitan or any Rane hardware. Just see how frustrated Rane users are getting.
max_imus 2:29 PM - 21 December, 2015
OK it seems this information has already gotten out. I contacted Rane technical department too, and they are (or have been) waiting for Apple to react to two bug filings. As they have no idea when this will be resolved, and using a temporary solution (partitioning, using another computer temporarily) is no option for me if this might take months, I'm fully reverting back to Yosemite now.

Definitely never making the mistake of confusing "DJ is ready for El Capitan" (or any other new OS version) with hardware compatibility again!
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:41 PM - 21 December, 2015
The joys of Apple releasing a new OS every year 🖕🏻
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 10:04 PM - 23 December, 2015
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
sparkyrogers 1:46 PM - 28 December, 2015
hi there how can i go about this with my new macbook pro that has el captain as standard and not been updated to el captain , i have serrate race sl3 with my new macbook pro 13.3 with a allen and heath xone 43 mixer and 2 technic 1210 mk2s ?? is there anymore info on when serrate will get this sorted or am i stuck in the lurch for a while ?????? thanks
Supagee 4:26 PM - 28 December, 2015
it is not serato that is the issue it is your SL3 and rane still hasn't fixed things yet. You probably will want to load an older OS on your Mac so you can boot to that and use your SL3
popnwave 5:19 PM - 28 December, 2015
Quote:
hi there how can i go about this with my new macbook pro that has el captain as standard and not been updated to el captain , i have serrate race sl3 with my new macbook pro 13.3 with a allen and heath xone 43 mixer and 2 technic 1210 mk2s ?? is there anymore info on when serrate will get this sorted or am i stuck in the lurch for a while ?????? thanks

So install Yosemite, your hardware supports it just fine.
sparkyrogers 1:16 PM - 30 December, 2015
so i can download yosemite straight from el captain from standard ?? where can i download to yosemite from please???
sparkyrogers 1:30 PM - 30 December, 2015
it says yosemite not available in uk on my app store or something ?? :::((((
popnwave 3:58 PM - 30 December, 2015
Quote:
it says yosemite not available in uk on my app store or something ?? :::((((

Contact Apple they will help you out, explain to them you are having software issues and really need to roll back completely or be able to download a copy of Yosemite from the App Store to dual boot for some applications.
Numark
NumarkCorey 7:29 PM - 16 May, 2016
Hi Everyone!

As Chris had mentioned earlier, Numark has been busy working on new drivers for the NS7, NS6, 4 Trak and V7 to support the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.11/El Capitan.

I'm glad to announce that all of these drivers have been officially released with the 4Trak and V7 drivers being released today!

To download the latest drivers, navigate to the respective product page and look for the available download link under the Downloads section on the right side of the page.

www.numark.com

Thanks!