DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Pioneer Battle Mixer? Teaser Video

ALEX REED 2:09 PM - 3 August, 2015
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:11 PM - 3 August, 2015
A DJM 909 SRT????
Taipanic 3:02 PM - 3 August, 2015
Possible DVS ability for the new Record Box maybe?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:49 PM - 3 August, 2015
Time to sell off some old gear.......
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:03 PM - 3 August, 2015
Lol. Pioneer ain't playing.

Yeah probably a 909 kinda Mixer.

Still happy with my 62

The new RB must be ready for release. A flag ship mixer will be appropriate to push it. House and Electronic music DJs are already won with the old RB,now they need the Hip Hop Scratch guys to legitimise things. Happy Days!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:00 PM - 3 August, 2015
Just got a Rane 57mk2 the other day... Lol
skinnyguy 5:47 PM - 3 August, 2015
interesting if they make a touchscreen with x/y axis linked to fx.

def gotta be midi mappable for use with dvs of preference. wouldn't doubt it's linked with rb in some way.

and oh, the pretty colored and lighted buttons!
DJ Dynamight 6:30 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:

ha...same here.

I've been waiting for a 909mkII for the longest...

this is gonna be interesting. only thing is I have no interest in record box.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:05 PM - 3 August, 2015
think it's time for a new mixer
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:12 PM - 3 August, 2015
Could this be the mixer?

instagram.com

wicked223 found it on the interweb and i had to share :)
Speculate on!

I already contacted Agiprodj to pre order LOL
No name or part number yet :)
dj-freestyle 8:23 PM - 3 August, 2015
I have a pic and video and looks like it says serato on bottom left
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:29 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
I have a pic and video and looks like it says serato on bottom left

Share!
dj-freestyle 8:30 PM - 3 August, 2015
look up young guru on twitter and your welcome :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:31 PM - 3 August, 2015
thank you sir
dj-freestyle 8:32 PM - 3 August, 2015
I don't think dude realized what we was leaking with hi def video lol
DJ Val-BKNY11203 8:42 PM - 3 August, 2015
LOL Pioneer is turning up the heat.
DJ Irv 8:45 PM - 3 August, 2015
It's starting to look like it's cold out there for RANE. No monopoly on Serato DVS on mixers. Denon making a cheap souncard. Pioneer going for the turntablist market.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 8:46 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
It's starting to look like it's cold out there for RANE. No monopoly on Serato DVS on mixers. Denon making a cheap souncard. Pioneer going for the turntablist market.

Hopefully this competition will get some price drops for the consumer
Joee 8:50 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Could this be the mixer?

instagram.com

Speculate on!

a mixer with a built in ddj sp1? …………rane can worry now…….lol
DJ Irv 8:59 PM - 3 August, 2015
Rane did take an L with the Sixty-One.
Joee 9:00 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Rane did take an L with the Sixty-One.

61 yes! but the 62?
Joee 9:00 PM - 3 August, 2015
never mind! i thought i saw 61 & 62 in ur post…..lol
DJ Irv 9:06 PM - 3 August, 2015
I think I spot 2 USB ports on the Pioneer. There goes exclusivity of that feature on mixer for RANE.
DJ Irv 9:09 PM - 3 August, 2015
Wait, a new version of RekordBox, the PLX's, a new battle mixer. They might try eliminate that Serato Tax by developing their own DVS.
Joee 9:11 PM - 3 August, 2015
dj expo is going to be interesting this year, pioneer is the first & biggest booth you see as soon as you walk in the door
DJ Val-BKNY11203 9:16 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
dj expo is going to be interesting this year, pioneer is the first & biggest booth you see as soon as you walk in the door

They are making it one stop shopping.
DJ Dynamight 9:16 PM - 3 August, 2015
Very interesting!!! I might have to ditch work that day.
Joee 9:27 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

word, but honestly I've never seen pioneer make a better fader than rane
DJ Val-BKNY11203 9:30 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure they are stepping their game up. If not...Innofader.
Joee 9:45 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
I'm sure they are stepping their game up. If not...Innofader.

i hope so cause the magnetic fader in the ddj sz suck, you could put it on full cut & it seems like forever before you get to full open
slimmjimm 12:02 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
i hope so cause the magnetic fader in the ddj sz suck, you could put it on full cut & it seems like forever before you get to full open

This.
Mr. Goodkat 2:04 AM - 4 August, 2015
surely a pioneer rotary is next.....
monchi 3:40 AM - 4 August, 2015
NO thanks I will keep on rockn' my Rane mixers ;)
SG SOUNDS 3:58 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:

+1 but still want to see what they offering..pioneer have yet to make a better sounding mixer than rane and also a better crossfadder than rane...maybe now they stepping it up a notch we shall find out thurs
DjNicole 6:10 AM - 4 August, 2015
I'd just like to say I love the fact that DJ brands are now catering more towards the Turntablism culture. So many mixers now have the InnoFader built in and even Thud Rumble came out with their TRX battle mixer just recently. I can't wait to see what Pioneer brings especially after they brought out the PLX-1000 turntable. Gotta get my hands on all this new gear!
dizzyrocks2001 6:54 AM - 4 August, 2015
It looks like there are small mpc pads similar to the ones seen on controllers. There needs to be more mixers with that on them to negate the need for dicers.
Mr. Goodkat 7:31 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
pioneer have yet to make a better sounding mixer than rane and also a better crossfadder than rane

in your opinion.
eugguy 7:34 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

+1 but still want to see what they offering..pioneer have yet to make a better sounding mixer than rane and also a better crossfadder than rane...maybe now they stepping it up a notch we shall find out thurs

+2. Pioneer mixers suck in the sound dept compared to Rane. Crossfaders also don't have the best stability imho. So yes, we shall find out.
Mr. Goodkat 7:36 AM - 4 August, 2015
in your opinion.
Mr. Goodkat 7:41 AM - 4 August, 2015
srt xfader is fine. the last really crap mixer that pioneer made was the 600. 800 and 900 have been fine. used and requested by many dj's famous or not famous. some people like rane and thats fine. im sure the mp 2015 sounds better than most mixers, but im sure the ttm57 sounded worse than the 8-900 pio. but thats my opinion.

im also sure that there are better sounding mixers than rane and pioneer. but again its subjective to the dj and listener.
Davideon 8:00 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully this competition will get some price drops for the consumer

Definitely. Current price of new mixers is way over priced
dj_soo 8:52 AM - 4 August, 2015
I just don't like the pioneer sound. A little too gainy for me.
Mr. Goodkat 10:20 AM - 4 August, 2015
i guess it has to do with the system and the source material. wavs through cdj outs through a pioneer 8-900 sound pretty solid. but i can see it being harsh with record pool intros an low quality mp3s or anything with a ton of midrange.

the last two systems ive played on as a resident have been designed by the same guy and pioneers sounded very transparent, but the soundsystems are also expensive or more expensive than the avg club/lounge i play at.
dj_soo 10:54 AM - 4 August, 2015
nah, I'm talking lossless tracks from master sources on highly tuned festival systems.

There's just something a little too bright about Pioneer mixers that I don't hear from companies like Rane or Allen and Heath.

I think it has to do with pioneer having a master gain while on Rane's the master volume is simply an attenuator.

It could also have something to do with so many djs redlining the shit out of their mixers...
SG SOUNDS 12:22 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
pioneer have yet to make a better sounding mixer than rane and also a better crossfadder than rane

in your opinion.

No dude facts
SG SOUNDS 12:32 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
im also sure that there are better sounding mixers than rane and pioneer. but again its subjective to the dj and listener.

The allen & heath mixers
Robmixx 2:53 PM - 4 August, 2015
I loved my djm 707, and always wanted a djm 909. This is interesting and that was Jazzy Jeff's voice in the teaser. Price will probably be out of my range until tax season lol.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:27 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
It could also have something to do with so many djs redlining the shit out of their mixers...

This +27.5
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:04 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The allen & heath mixers

Ecler , the Rane of Spain.......
PopRoXxX 6:36 PM - 4 August, 2015
Got a nice full view leaked pic today ......

I broke 2 stock cross faders on the SRT. I broke the stock fader on the SZ as well. All of these faders are "supposed to be" their newer wanna-be "magnetic" fader. They put the same MAGVEL fader from those units in this unit. If you're going to buy it, better buy 3 innofaders while you're checking out.

Soundcards on the newer Rane's vs Pioneer are way better so far, so we'll see what happens in that area when it comes out. Also noticed no SDJ FX control, only same built-in FX as 900. Nice buttons for cues/samples/etc, I guess, but Rane has been doing that for years. But for some reason, 10-12 years later, Pioneer adds mixer controls like these and it's new groundbreaking features? Give me a break. After actually seeing it, nothing makes me HAVE to have this mixer at all. Unless they just give it to me for free. LOL!
Mr. Goodkat 7:02 PM - 4 August, 2015
dont you think if you are breaking xfaders, you are a bit heavy handed?
serkan 7:30 PM - 4 August, 2015
You may say that. But I too know people who broke Pioneer faders while their Rane's still going strong. It's a matter of quality. Not handling.
serkan 7:33 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:

Soundcards on the newer Rane's vs Pioneer are way better so far, so we'll see what happens in that area when it comes out. Also noticed no SDJ FX control, only same built-in FX as 900. Nice buttons for cues/samples/etc, I guess, but Rane has been doing that for years. But for some reason, 10-12 years later, Pioneer adds mixer controls like these and it's new groundbreaking features? Give me a break. After actually seeing it, nothing makes me HAVE to have this mixer at all. Unless they just give it to me for free. LOL!

Amen! :)

The Sixty-Two is in the turntablism scene what the DJM-900 is in the club scene:
A quasi standard and hard to beat. I don't see them changing anything anytime soon.
PopRoXxX 8:07 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
dont you think if you are breaking xfaders, you are a bit heavy handed?

You would think ..... except I have two Rane mixers here with 10+ years that have NEVER had a fader broken or actually needed any kind of fix what-so-ever. One is 12 y/o and one is almost 11 y/o. Still going strong. Including being in horrible situations where sand, beer, water, crazy amounts of dust, etc have got into it. But just cleaning and lubing the fader correctly has kept it going like brand new.

And .... same Pio mixers I've broken all the faders on, I've replaced with innofaders and guess what ---- 3 years and no broken faders. So yeah, I'm a little heavy handed. I'm a drummer before DJ all day everyday. But if Rane faders + Innofaders don't break = Pioneer makes cheap ass faders. Magvel? LMAO!
monchi 8:44 PM - 4 August, 2015
Rane BUILT IN USA, RANE customer service BEST in USA, Rane techs on this here forum, Best of the BEST .
DJ Irv 8:46 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Rane BUILT IN USA, RANE customer service BEST in USA, Rane techs on this here forum, Best of the BEST .

Facts! Although I mainly use a Z2 now. ha ha ha.
DJ Remy USA 9:11 PM - 4 August, 2015
Audio 1 posted this on his facebook yesterday and that shit erupted. TAKE MY MONEY NOW PIONEER
DJ Remy USA 9:15 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ha...same here.

I've been waiting for a 909mkII for the longest...

this is gonna be interesting. only thing is I have no interest in record box.

this I don't want use record box at all unless and I really think the new version of record box is gonna be spin off of the old scratch live. They read these forums they know we want scratch live over SDJ and I think they may attempt to port record box to appease all of the old scratch live veterans and get them off of serato. That's the big thing pioneer has to get us off of serato, they don't want to sell a bunch of mixers and have us use it with another platform they want repeat customers. If they get the old scratch live crew serato may be heading for the coffin and I really don't want that happen.
DJ Remy USA 9:17 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

they suck at faders all my pioneer mixers have a innofader in them
DJ Remy USA 9:19 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
I just don't like the pioneer sound. A little too gainy for me.

they are loud as fuck aren't they, I love them for my electronic music but I feel like it puts out to much high end on some tracks find myself cutting the top end on my pio mixers
DJBlisk 10:17 PM - 4 August, 2015
I have a 62.

If this suppose 909 has the silicon pads and all the features as the 62 with better effects.... its gonna be bananas.
DJ SHY 10:43 PM - 4 August, 2015
instagram.com/p/5-RNUAhQKD/
Joee 10:46 PM - 4 August, 2015
" instagram.com "

good find
DJ SHY 10:57 PM - 4 August, 2015
Thanks joe. For some reason it wouldn't let me post the link with "http" on my phone.
skinnyguy 12:45 AM - 5 August, 2015
serato ready? nice.

if rekordbox was compatible with mixemergency, i'd give it a look.

@shy - it wouldn't let you post cuz of your relation (or previous relation) with denon =P
Will08272 1:10 AM - 5 August, 2015
Ahhh so no need of worry on seratos end at all despite the upcoming pioneer software.
DJ GaFFle 1:58 AM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:

+1... give me the Rane. Hypebeasts will jump on new Pioneer DJMnything.
DJ Dynamight 2:47 AM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:

@shy - it wouldn't let you post cuz of your relation (or previous relation) with denon =P

+1 Lol
spOOky 3:18 AM - 5 August, 2015
here in germany you have to pay 2500.- USD for a 62..in my opinion its really to much :( !!! hope the new pioneer makes him cheaper ;)

maybe a new 62 MKII will arrive in the end of 2015 .... 8 colored cue-buttons each side etc. dreaaaaming ;)
DJ Remy USA 11:23 AM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
" instagram.com "

good find

see I want the fx section to be just like on 4 channel series so the work flow remains the same between 2 and 4 channel mixers but I see they didnt do that, maybe this isnt the real model we will see.
DJ SHY 12:03 PM - 5 August, 2015
@skinnyguy HA-HA.... probably true...i'm still banned on the pioneer forum from like 2005...
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:23 PM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
@skinnyguy HA-HA.... probably true...i'm still banned on the pioneer forum from like 2005...

Your not the only one, that pulse guy is a cunt, as least when you criticize serato they don't ban you
DJ Goce 3:06 PM - 5 August, 2015
DJ GaFFle 3:34 PM - 5 August, 2015

Levels all in the red...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:00 PM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:

Levels all in the red...

That is a Pioneer standard lol
Joee 6:02 PM - 5 August, 2015
i give jeff a pass
DJ GaFFle 6:15 PM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
i give jeff a pass

I don't think that's Jeff. Looks more like DJ Scratch.
Joee 6:17 PM - 5 August, 2015
well same goes for scratch
DJ GaFFle 6:24 PM - 5 August, 2015
True
Joshua Carl 9:08 PM - 5 August, 2015
im also on that Gainy side.... and ive even used them at all vinyl nights and it was STILL the same....

but i can concede that some people like/prefer that.

what you will NEVER get me to like.
is its inaccurate reflection of levels via the LEDs.

I ALWAYS SEE guys in the pioneer red.
and many live this way with no quams because of the overhead the pioneers have
is it ideal?
should we do it?
of course not.... it breaks every rule we've ever been taught.

but pioneer answers with, you CAN play with it in the red and not overdrive the signal
or encounter distortion.

well, great. why bother with LEDs at all? Serious.
if you pin it in the red, how can you truley monitor what your doing.
sure sure..... the answer is your ears.
but what about when the booth is in a different room, or on a stage, basically other than
going onto the dancefloor.

Ive had a handful of, you HAVE to use the 900 here, events and if you run your gains in the way we are "supposed to" Ive had the tech constantly telling me to turn it up....
and always say.... but Ill be in the red?
and they say.... with this mixer you can be in the red.
well, shit.... if all my LEDs are illuminated I cant properly monitor my levels when im mixing

and of course Pre-Fader effects..... ugh.
the 62 gain structure and designed is unparallelled for monitoring you mixing.
Mr. Goodkat 9:16 PM - 5 August, 2015
pioneer have had post fader efx since the 800, albeit for only a or b side of xfader.
Joshua Carl 9:31 PM - 5 August, 2015
It's a bit cumbersome from a workflow aspect though.
Clicking that little thing back and forth

I guess you could say it doesn't have native post fader effect control.

It takes a bit of this n that
Mr. Goodkat 9:54 PM - 5 August, 2015
true, i do miss post fader efx. alway weird that pio did that. or at least not make it an option.

like their insistence on 3 xfader points since the 600 and only on the xfader.

looks like the 909 II has upfader control but the same 3 xfader points.
prodbydavid 2:39 AM - 6 August, 2015
Was hoping for a new mixer from Pio this year, but definitely was not expecting this.

Anyone have any pre-order hookups or deals?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:18 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
It's a bit cumbersome from a workflow aspect though.
Clicking that little thing back and forth

I guess you could say it doesn't have native post fader effect control.

It takes a bit of this n that

This has been my biggest gripe since I started using Pioneer mixers. After coming from Ecler I used to hate Pioneer for this alone!!
Dj Ace 5:21 AM - 6 August, 2015
Pioneer has to step up there sound quality
Serato, Support
Sam GG 7:14 AM - 6 August, 2015
Hey Guys,

For all the info on the Pioneer DJM-S9 have a read here: serato.com

Serato DJ support forthcoming :)
eugguy 7:20 AM - 6 August, 2015
What an ugly mixer...if the picture really is true.
prodbydavid 7:35 AM - 6 August, 2015
Mr. Goodkat 7:47 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
What an ugly mixer...if the picture really is true.

looks dope to me. lotta rane fan boy hate, but i guess thats to be expected.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:49 AM - 6 August, 2015
To me it looks like the Vestax PMC 05 was it? With the 8 midi buttons. (lol pioneer always biting some elses design)

Upfully post fader effects.... I say that because even the all mighty and expensive DDJ SZ managed to slip past the designers with that BS.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 7:51 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Upfully post fader effects....

Don't worry, the FX are post-fader
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:57 AM - 6 August, 2015
Anyone know if they are show casing this at the atlantic city dj expo?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:06 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Anyone know if they are show casing this at the atlantic city dj expo?

I'm not sure, best to ask Pioneer about that.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:47 AM - 6 August, 2015
This is like the Sp1 plus 62 rolled into one minus the 3 FX knobs which i happen to like. I usually have the Noise pulse in Single FX mode to control depth and stuff.

Still looks great though but eur1800..damn!

Might just get the whole Gold series for the home set up. Just right in the corner of the living room :)
s3kn0tr0n1c 9:42 AM - 6 August, 2015
looks real nice....
Djkom 11:13 AM - 6 August, 2015
Looks amazing !!! But I am confused but many things:
1. The dedicated load button. I think it's a simple load because it is written prepare in grey below so there is no load with the browse knob (so not a push knob ) ???
2. The 4 beat loop button. Where is the autoloop button with current loop lenght ?
3. There are 2 mini screens. What kind of info the can display ? The current loop lenght ? The fx beat counter? The current sampler bank ?
4. How switch from decks 1/2 to 3/4 ???
DJ Goce 11:21 AM - 6 August, 2015
Only crossfader is magnetic... for that price, and rivaling the 62, i expected magnetic faders allround... Everything else looks nice, but i don't feel like ditching the 62 to get it, i rather wait for the 62 mk2.
DTweed 11:59 AM - 6 August, 2015
Mixer looks dope. If I was in the market is probably pick this over a Rane 62. Right now I only have a 61 so we will see if I upgrade or not. $1800 is a lot just for the hype
Joee 12:30 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
$1800 is a lot just for the hype

list price?

when the 62 came out the list was $2,000……i got them for $1,625

i wonder how good this fader is? it looks nice
skinnyguy 1:29 PM - 6 August, 2015
No split cue again? What is this, 2006?
gfella 1:32 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
$1800 is a lot just for the hype

list price?

when the 62 came out the list was $2,000……i got them for $1,625

i wonder how good this fader is? it looks nice

Looks very nice to me, really like the pads.
Rane 62 is very expensive here in Europe so I wonder how much Pioneer will charge overhere.
Very satisfied with my 62, but... the pioneer looks promising and got my attention.
raedonquan 1:42 PM - 6 August, 2015
no fx send and return...
Will08272 1:43 PM - 6 August, 2015
DJtechtools shows price as $1699, that doesn't seem to bad in comparison to the new TTM57 which is $1749. Still love my 62 so no need to change anything. It looks amazing either way.
Dax 1:53 PM - 6 August, 2015
its ugly and made by Pioneer so i'll be staying well away.
SG SOUNDS 2:53 PM - 6 August, 2015
Any body have more info on the magvel fadder this mixer comes with compared to rane's and also i notice this mixer has 32bit converters for the sound card i believe rane's is 24bit not sure..
Joee 3:04 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Any body have more info on the magvel fadder this mixer

+1 looks nice
Niro 3:22 PM - 6 August, 2015
It's a pretty sexy looking mixer IMO. I'm not a big fan of pioneer's gain structure and sound signature in the past, but it has gotten a lot better. I think this is exciting for everyone, it helps the turntable, CDJ type DJ instead of an all in One annually replaceable controller. Will this trump the 57mkii and/or 62. Who knows, it hasn't been put to the test and rigors of the real world. I'm glad pioneer is taking influence from the Rane Mixers and using ideas, features and functions that work. Who knows if they will get it on their first try, look at how long it took for them to get to the DJM900. Either way, this is a good step in the turntable DJ world. Cheers :)
Logisticalstyles 3:26 PM - 6 August, 2015
I see they got a lot of heavy weights to endorse this mixer. The latest video is pretty impressive.
raedonquan 3:40 PM - 6 August, 2015
Pioneed got almost all the who's who in the turntablist genre on their video... concidering some of them use other software... so pioneer is making big moves..

And a good move...keeps the serato folks happy

Vdj will most likely midi map it

Traktor will get a tsi made
Joee 3:53 PM - 6 August, 2015
pioneer really wants to be the #1 company dj's look to for gear, peep the new needle/cartridge they made serato.com
Will08272 4:19 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
pioneer really wants to be the #1 company dj's look to for gear, peep the new needle/cartridge they made serato.com

Keeping whatever feelings/opinions one may have aside, i think it is great that they are doing all this and also the unannounced software. This will make for a better and more competitive field which will only benefit the users in the end. So good on pioneer making a big move.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:25 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Keeping whatever feelings/opinions one may have aside, i think it is great that they are doing all this and also the unannounced software. This will make for a better and more competitive field which will only benefit the users in the end. So good on pioneer making a big move.

Now that I think of it, pioneer did just release an actual turntable, now they have released a battle mixer and a cartridge/stylus.....it does seem like they are prepping the field for a full DVS
HighTopFade 4:33 PM - 6 August, 2015
Pioneer is looking like the future standard for DMC and Redbull.
MPC O.G. 5:03 PM - 6 August, 2015
Waiting to see what the NEXT N.I. mixer looks like. Maybe it will be a 62 MKII to take advantage of the remix decks and STEMS.
Will08272 6:28 PM - 6 August, 2015
Exciting times for DJ's regardless of their preferred medium. Also tech wise.
Will08272 6:30 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now that I think of it, pioneer did just release an actual turntable, now they have released a battle mixer and a cartridge/stylus.....it does seem like they are prepping the field for a full DVS

Just for laughs and because your a good sport beezle, if the software that pioneer is as one can assume going to be launched fails, it is also your fault.
Dj Rehab 7:58 PM - 6 August, 2015
THAT IS ONE BADASS MIXER. YES, I'M YELLING!!!!
DJ Irv 8:06 PM - 6 August, 2015
Rane is going to need some new alliances. Maybe one with NI where they can have Rane mixers/souncards built in Germany under strict Rane QC so the price doesn't scare off Europeans. Also borrowing some of the cue points triggers that go into NI gear would be good.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't lusting after DJM-S9 and I usually hate Pioneer gear.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:50 PM - 6 August, 2015
Pre order available at agiprodj
www.agiprodj.com

Is it here yet? :D
Joee 8:57 PM - 6 August, 2015
Should i?

lol
JD WAS. 8:58 PM - 6 August, 2015
Dope mixer but i dont understand why ignore the upfaders?
Mr. Goodkat 9:09 PM - 6 August, 2015
i thought they did, but it looks like they have control for ch1 and 1 on the front of the mixer
Mr. Goodkat 9:10 PM - 6 August, 2015
ch 1 & 2
Will08272 10:09 PM - 6 August, 2015
Yes it isn't out yet, and only the insiders have had a chance to use it but do you guys think the hype is real and actually looking forward to it or is it because its the new new.
Joee 10:14 PM - 6 August, 2015
already got pricing under $1,400
DJBlisk 10:25 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Sounds about right for the street price.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 10:25 PM - 6 August, 2015
I will be at Atlantic City DJ expo this year in a few days. Let you guys know how i feel about it if there is a demo unit.
Joee 10:40 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
I will be at Atlantic City DJ expo this year in a few days

+1
DJ Remy USA 10:56 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:

not to change subjects, but you know there is another famous DJ Rehab who pretty much had that name on lock for years. Jus

oh yea its a bad ass mixer no doubt
Quote:
Rane is going to need some new alliances. Maybe one with NI where they can have Rane mixers/souncards built in Germany under strict Rane QC so the price doesn't scare off Europeans. Also borrowing some of the cue points triggers that go into NI gear would be good.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't lusting after DJM-S9 and I usually hate Pioneer gear.

Its wont happen because NI makes all of their own gear like apple. Unless they see Rane has a company that can generate big money from their following (kinda like Beats by Dre and Apple) Im not sure if we would see NI do it with Rane but we could see NI and Pioneer team up possibly.
prodbydavid 1:10 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:

where @?
Discobee 1:28 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:

Which retailer?!?!
Joee 1:35 AM - 7 August, 2015
most people around here already know my retailer of choice PAS

but your price might be different than mine by 15%
prodbydavid 3:30 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
most people around here already know my retailer of choice PAS

but your price might be different than mine by 15%

As in you got 15% off or there's an additional above that? Because pretty much every audio store I work with gives 15% if I ask nicely, but sub 1400 is obviously below that.

Pio shipped the PLXs to GC way ahead of everyone else, I wonder if that's going to happen again here. I don't want to wait until 2016 for this thing!
DJ GaFFle 8:58 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely true... now they're making Pioneer NEEDLES.
Dj Rehab 10:48 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

not to change subjects, but you know there is another famous DJ Rehab who pretty much had that name on lock for years. Jus

oh yea its a bad ass mixer no doubt
Quote:

Yes I know that. But I actually had the name before him. Hence, why I get to keep the name Rehab and he has to use R3hab. I had it in 2005, he didn't get it till 2009. I have my following in my area.
MPC O.G. 1:45 PM - 7 August, 2015
A Z2 and a D2 still beat this and have $800 left in my pocket......
ral 5:30 PM - 7 August, 2015
waiting for RANE 62 MKII
Mr. Goodkat 5:59 PM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:

no
DJ Irv 8:12 PM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

no

I have 2 Z2's and I don't think a D2 & Z2 is better than 1 DJM-S9.
eugguy 10:54 PM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
waiting for RANE 62 MKII

Yup. The only Pioneer pieces I respect are in the CDJ line-up. Never have been too impressed with their mixers, controllers, headphones and now turntables and carts/needles. Not in a rush to pick up a 2-channel, but regardless will stick with a 62, or an updated Rane down the road.
Joee 12:34 AM - 13 August, 2015
pioneer may have made a better fader with this mixer, i played with it briefly today and really liked the feel of it
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:53 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
pioneer may have made a better fader with this mixer, i played with it briefly today and really liked the feel of it

You're not buying it. <dare> lol
Joee 10:43 AM - 13 August, 2015
i may "MAY" "MAYBE "i JUST MIGHT"……lol

it's a really nice mixer tho
MPC O.G. 8:56 PM - 13 August, 2015
Hope you're ready to but an EXTERNAL control for your effects in SDJ. This mixer was made for Rekordbox. It's a nice mixer and all, but damn. I'll wait for the 62 MKII or the next Z mixer from N.I.

P.S. QBert says there is a way to use the S9 with TSP.
MPC O.G. 8:56 PM - 13 August, 2015
Hope you're ready to but an EXTERNAL control for your effects in SDJ. This mixer was made for Rekordbox. It's a nice mixer and all, but damn. I'll wait for the 62 MKII or the next Z mixer from N.I.

DJ Irv 9:08 PM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:

There's a hack out there to let almost any USB souncard work with Traktor. As of TSP 2.9 that hack does not work. Surprised Q-Bert just through it out there like that. NI hates when people bring up the hack.
Joshua Carl 9:29 PM - 13 August, 2015
I'm not entirely sure about that, maybe the mk2 s9, down the road.
But I'm not one to speculate.
this has a dedicated SeRato DJ effects hardware section that's defined by you 6 preferred effects.

We DEF saw somethings in atlantic city that pioneer will be bringing a dedicated audio solution (there's video out there)
As well as a video solution.
(Yikes? Right????)

it's def a cool piece of kit.
Faded is buttery, effects are fun.

I personally will take my 62 over it in a heartbeat though!!!
But I'll also say that some of its features should not be ignores going forward, some of them are very intuitive.
Djkom 9:31 PM - 13 August, 2015
Why an external controller would be needed for the SDJ fx ??? If you've noticed, there is a level/depth knob AND parameters buttons near the organic led display so i guess you can control this way one sdj fx per a time when it is activated...

My real concern is how to select the different filter knob mode and know directly which is the one currently set (whitout using the filter knob of course!).
DylanVE 11:50 PM - 13 August, 2015
In Melbourne, this mixer is now being advertised for $2499 AUD. Well that pretty much rules that out for me.

Can someone please explain to me, how is it possible for this mixer to be almost twice the price of a DDJ-SX2? On board effects? The second sound card? Surely it can't make that much of a difference. My guess is its just the pioneer tax.

I must say, I'm shocked that nobody has brought out a Z2-like mixer for SDJ. How long has DVS been available in SDJ? 2 years now? And still nothing? It seems like an absolute no-brainer to me, but instead Akai releases a cheap modular mixer, and Denon releases a redundant external sound card.

Truly the mind boggles.

Whoever is first to release a decent mid-range battle mixer will clean up, there is a huge gap in the market, and I cannot believe no one has taken advantage of it yet.
Joee 12:14 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
In Melbourne, this mixer is now being advertised for $2499 AUD. Well that pretty much rules that out for me.

if you look around you can find it under $1,400
Joee 12:14 AM - 14 August, 2015
^ us dollars
DylanVE 1:32 AM - 14 August, 2015
If I tried I might be able to get it over here for about $2300, but even that's a stretch. Considering the Z2 over here is now $849, it's still a big difference.

I'd love to be able to splash around that kind of cash, but I simply can't justify spending that sort of money on a mixer. I suspect there are many in my position too.
DJ Irv 2:13 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
If I tried I might be able to get it over here for about $2300, but even that's a stretch. Considering the Z2 over here is now $849, it's still a big difference.

The Z2 is a great mixer but, shines in Traktor. Be nice if Serato sprinkled their magic ClubKit fairy dust on it but, I doubt that will ever happen.
PopRoXxX 7:09 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Whoever is first to release a decent mid-range battle mixer will clean up, there is a huge gap in the market, and I cannot believe no one has taken advantage of it yet.

57mkII?
dj_soo 7:12 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Can someone please explain to me, how is it possible for this mixer to be almost twice the price of a DDJ-SX2

because controllers - even the high end - are still relatively amateur gear compared to dedicated, professional gear. The components, build, audio converters, and circuitry are an order higher than controllers because companies realize that the controller crowd is simply not going to spend the money it costs for a truly pro-level controller (which I would guess would be $3k+).

Think about it - the best controller currently on the market is the SZ which costs less than a single CDJ2000NXS or DDJ 900NXS.
Johnnynights 7:22 AM - 14 August, 2015
@Joee where at share the info lol?...lowest i can find it is for 1550...
DylanVE 7:38 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Can someone please explain to me, how is it possible for this mixer to be almost twice the price of a DDJ-SX2

because controllers - even the high end - are still relatively amateur gear compared to dedicated, professional gear. The components, build, audio converters, and circuitry are an order higher than controllers because companies realize that the controller crowd is simply not going to spend the money it costs for a truly pro-level controller (which I would guess would be $3k+).

Think about it - the best controller currently on the market is the SZ which costs less than a single CDJ2000NXS or DDJ 900NXS.

Fair enough, I can understand the need for really high-end gear for professional environments. Though having said that, I'd trust Rane over Pioneer any day. Given Rane build they're gear in the US, I think the high price tag can be justified.

In the day to day, is there really going to be any noticeable difference for the average semi-professional jock, in between a well-built mixer around 800-900usd, and the DJM-S9? I doubt it.

The vast majority of us aren't touring DJs who need gear that can survive a nuclear bomb. Just saying, there is a huge hole in the market that has been neglected.
dj_soo 10:37 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
The vast majority of us aren't touring DJs who need gear that can survive a nuclear bomb. Just saying, there is a huge hole in the market that has been neglected.

is there? There's plenty of entry-level and midrange options to choose from: Z2, DJM 750, denon X900, Allen & Heath Xone 43C...
Joee 10:51 AM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
@Joee where at share the info lol?...lowest i can find it is for 1550...

you would have to add 15% to my price i get good deals cause i buy a lot, i could have payed of my house with what I've bought in the last 5 years alone……lol

when i add 15% to my price it's about what you got already
DylanVE 12:10 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

is there? There's plenty of entry-level and midrange options to choose from: Z2, DJM 750, denon X900, Allen & Heath Xone 43C...

Maybe its a "beggars can't be choosers" kind of situation, but the Z2 and the x600 (which I have) are the only 2-channel scratch mixers, and both don't have the SDJ Club Kit.

The x600 is pretty dope, and its proven to be a very solid mixer. Denon definitely has ability to make a sick SDJ mixer, I'm really hoping they do.
dj_soo 12:42 PM - 14 August, 2015
So you want a midrange serato-capable scratch mixer. Gotcha.

That you don't have too many options outside of a used 61 or maybe the Akai AMX
Joee 12:44 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
So you want a midrange serato-capable scratch mixer. Gotcha.

That you don't have too many options outside of a used 61 or maybe the Akai AMX

i think these with built in serato sound card would be ideal
Joee 12:45 PM - 14 August, 2015
dj_soo 1:00 PM - 14 August, 2015
no balanced outs = no thanks.
Joee 1:21 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
no balanced outs = no thanks.

look again www.djtechpro.com www.djtechpro.com

one has xlr the other has 1/4"
MPC O.G. 5:13 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:

I'd love to be able to splash around that kind of cash, but I simply can't justify spending that sort of money on a mixer. I suspect there are many in my position too.

Z2 and Denon SDJ box might be the way for you to go.
MPC O.G. 6:41 PM - 14 August, 2015
OAN: The 57 MKII that goes to the winner of the DMC looks mighty tasty.
Taipanic 6:49 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:

You know there is a big Serato logo on the DJM-S9, right?
MPC O.G. 8:05 PM - 14 August, 2015
There
Quote:
Quote:

You know there is a big Serato logo on the DJM-S9, right?

Really? Just like Pio and Serato came up with a way to make TSP mixers usable by SDJ users, the same can be done the other way. Pardon my logical thinking.
DJ Irv 8:44 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Really? Just like Pio and Serato came up with a way to make TSP mixers usable by SDJ users, the same can be done the other way. Pardon my logical thinking.

Anything is possible but it takes a knowledge of coding I don't have.
MPC O.G. 10:44 PM - 14 August, 2015
I mean the companies themselves will do it.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:21 AM - 18 September, 2015
Pioneer DJM-S9 review (first impression) by djTLMtv

Watchwww.youtube.com
Will08272 11:57 AM - 18 September, 2015
Man, it makes the want to trade up to it even more now, i love my 62 but i also want to use Rekord Box DJ, and with this mixer having several features i would like to incorporate into my workflow without adding hardware and still being able to use SDJ making it really hard to not get.
GusGomez 3:06 PM - 18 September, 2015
Damn I just got my 57MKII but I really like this mixer for some reason... although the 57 probably has what i need and I have the SP1 so if you put them together thats basically the S9 IMO
Will08272 3:31 PM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Damn I just got my 57MKII but I really like this mixer for some reason... although the 57 probably has what i need and I have the SP1 so if you put them together thats basically the S9 IMO

That's the same thoughts i had in regards to the 62, but having it all in one place makes it that much the better (will only be missing the individual wet/dry knobs for the software effects). Also many will argue the sound quality of Pio vs rane and while i agree, many people's music is compressed mp3's anyway not that many are buying all their releases on vinyl and ripping them and the market the mixers are geared at probably most are on DJ pools and the files aren't Wav or Flacc so it the debates have to fall back to the technical aspect of the two mixers.
GusGomez 3:58 PM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That's the same thoughts i had in regards to the 62, but having it all in one place makes it that much the better (will only be missing the individual wet/dry knobs for the software effects). Also many will argue the sound quality of Pio vs rane and while i agree, many people's music is compressed mp3's anyway not that many are buying all their releases on vinyl and ripping them and the market the mixers are geared at probably most are on DJ pools and the files aren't Wav or Flacc so it the debates have to fall back to the technical aspect of the two mixers.

The question is...is it worth it because if you're comfortable with what you have now ....does the pioneer offer something different that would be worth trading my 57MKii which i have invested in custom skin for it and knobs and a case that probably wont fit the S9...i don't know but little things like that make me think maybe i shouldn't change it...not to mention Pioneer has a rep for not holding it's value like Rane does look at how many years it took Rane to replace the original 57SL and Pio feels like they release a mixer or a Controller every 3 months. (I'm exaggerating but you get the point LOL)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:33 PM - 18 September, 2015
Pioneer
Quote:
Quote:
Could this be the mixer?

instagram.com

Speculate on!

a mixer with a built in ddj sp1? …………rane can worry now…….lol

Pioneer is trying to take over the entire market. LOL
Djkom 10:19 PM - 21 September, 2015
The more I look the mixer the more I'm wondering why Pioneer has chosen to Add Serato FX buttons ... I mean, the hardware FX are sufficient and if it's not the case for some djs, Pioneer could have added extra layers to these hardware FX buttons....
So it's a waist of space, especially when there are no dedicated button to change the sound color FX (filter knob).

My guess is Pioneer reserves top features to their DJM R9 with Rekordbox because there isn't also Serato flip buttons (aka sequencer buttons in Rekordbox). why? because Pioneer has to launch a special hardware when they will announce their DVS Plus Pack (either a mixer or a new turntable?). As they have announced the DDJ RX (more features than the SX), they would reproduce the scheme with the S9 (->R9).

BTW, have you guys notice how sick could be their pad fx and sequencer ??? The sequencer with the 16 x 4 sampler slots could even replace a groove studio tool so I would not be surprised if Pioneer will also launch a kind of "Maschine" controller afterwards (or just a SP2/RP2) ... Pioneer wants to dominate the world so they will be present in each music area so next step is Music production
Djkom 8:31 AM - 23 September, 2015
Djkom 9:44 AM - 23 September, 2015
Beware!!! Explicit content in the link :) :) :)

Watchwww.youtube.com

#DjPorn #PioneerGangBang #Djms9Hoes