Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Strange issues...

Mitchythekid 5:37 PM - 27 July, 2015
Hey guys. Am running an I7 Windows 7 laptop with 8 gigs of ram. I usually use a sixty two. Went to a gig where they had a sixty four mixer. Have used it previously.

Went to switch over. Load track into right deck. Mix out from the previous dj. Load track in to left deck. Both songs cut out completely. And then it loads a completely random song.......

I tried restarting. Same thing. Tried that 3-4 times.

I thought maybe it was a problem with my external HD. So I tried to copy a crate to a new folder on the internal HD.

Drag. Drop. Starts to copy files. Then immediately stops. I had to select 5-10 songs at a time to copy them over to the folder. If I selected an entire page. Or crate. It wouldn't copy any of the highlighted songs.

Finally got a crate together on my internal HD. Restart. Unplugged my external HD.

Try it one more time. And same thing. Actually even worse. At one point. It was rapid fire loading songs on the left deck. Flipping through 1 every 5 seconds.

I will note. The other dj had no issues. And I had nothing else plugged in to any of the USB ports. No other programs open. I use this computer only for DJing.

The weekend before. I was playing on my own gear. I plugged in a USB from another DJ. And every time I would open SDJ. It would load up. And then blue screen of death. Every time. I re-installed SDJ and it seemed to work fine at home all week.

Any ideas?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:55 PM - 27 July, 2015
Hey Mitchythekid,

Best bet is to get i touch with our support team: support.serato.com

Give them a good run down on the situation like you have here. Include your computers specs and screenshots or screen recordings if you can recreate the issue.

Quote:
The weekend before. I was playing on my own gear. I plugged in a USB from another DJ. And every time I would open SDJ. It would load up. And then blue screen of death. Every time. I re-installed SDJ and it seemed to work fine at home all week.

This sounds like an issue either with the specific USB drive you connected or perhaps you need to update the USB drivers for the chipset on your machine? BIOS update might help as well.

Cheers, Sam