DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denied by Digiwaxx??

Sytrix 11:18 PM - 22 May, 2006
I was denied a membership to digiwaxx.com for lack of verifiable information?

Has anybody else been denied a membership by them?

I am just wondering what I have to do to get a membership with them.

Any help would be cool!
DJK 11:21 PM - 22 May, 2006
I was, and I own a DJ company, play several clubs, radio shows, bars, etc. . . LoL
Sytrix 11:24 PM - 22 May, 2006
LOL! Damn!!

Whats up with that??
anewsome 11:35 PM - 22 May, 2006
Quote:
Denied by Digiwaxx

join the club. those a-holes denied me. TWICE!
Sytrix 11:37 PM - 22 May, 2006
I know there are a few people on this board that got into digiwaxx, I wonder how they pulled that off?
DJ Unique 12:25 AM - 23 May, 2006
That's weird.
I thought that if you DJ'd at clubs it was a shoe in.
nik39 12:32 AM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
I thought that if you DJ'd at clubs it was a shoe in.

Thats why this bedroom-junky anewsome didnt get in ;)

Seriously... I dont understand their schemes.
sixxx 12:37 AM - 23 May, 2006
:)
DJ XTURNAL 1:00 AM - 23 May, 2006
I'm in...
DJ Unique 1:02 AM - 23 May, 2006
Oh, I forgot to say........I'm in as well.
anewsome 1:07 AM - 23 May, 2006
shit pisses me off everytime someone posts something about digiwax.
Sytrix 1:55 AM - 23 May, 2006
Ok....so....whats the deal?
anewsome 2:17 AM - 23 May, 2006
the deal is they just decided not to let me in,.. and apparently a few others. although most of the people on here have been let in,.. even some bedroom djs.
youngego 3:16 AM - 23 May, 2006
In.

You're not missing much.

Rick Ross Remix Is crazy though,

Hova for the clean up verse.

"99 Problems prick don't become the 100th one...Linen shorts so my balls don't get hot."
"G-4 as an auto".
DJ Evil One 3:24 AM - 23 May, 2006
i'm in...it's pretty dope...gotten some joints over the course of the months...not everything is a heater, but they come correct consistently enough that i don't have to buy nearly as much (between that and standard vinyl promos).
Flipsta 6:17 AM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
I was denied a membership to digiwaxx.com for lack of verifiable information?

I think that answers your question....Did you provide them with any verifiable info, i.e. links to your website, the places you play, etc? There is a section somewhere in the application that states the requirements, cant remember them off hand.
Dj Karlos 7:23 AM - 23 May, 2006
I got into digiwaxx the first time I applied, about 3 months ago, and I have never done clubs, I have just done some mobiles.... what I really do is mixtapes, I'm releasing my fourth one in june, but not even those contain any mainstream music, its all puerto rican underground.... When I applied, all I did was tell the truth, give links to my website (which is still in construction), and thats all, I was accepted easilly.... I really dont know why, I was specting to be rejected, but I wasnt.....
DJQUEST 9:17 AM - 23 May, 2006
Been with Digiwaxx since just about day one....

they dont let everyone in because you have the "wanna be cool" kids that just want to have the new music try to get in, and then you have the "I think Im a dj" cats that try to get in and dont dj anywhere. Digiwaxx provides the songs to you the dj so that you can return your feedback and audience reactions.. they need opinions of djs that are really doing something and are taste makers.. they lean towards radio djs because at the end of the day its all about spins!
Cham 2:51 PM - 23 May, 2006
I just told them where I play and how often and I was in. Three places, three to four times a week. No radio
djal 3:18 PM - 23 May, 2006
They sent me a message asking me to join. They have some good stuff. Not as much as new music server, but Digiwaxx has more instrumentals/Clean/Dirty versions. I guess I play on the radio 6 days a week, so maybe that makes a small difference.
anewsome 3:51 PM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:

they dont let everyone in because you have the "wanna be cool" kids that just want to have the new music try to get in, and then you have the "I think Im a dj" cats that try to get in and dont dj anywhere. Digiwaxx provides the songs to you the dj so that you can return your feedback and audience reactions.. they need opinions of djs that are really doing something and are taste makers.. they lean towards radio djs because at the end of the day its all about spins!

I've been DJing since 1985, have verifiable information, do at least 3 clubs a week, some mobiles, special events & celebrity parties too. Defintely not a bedroom DJ. They denied me. TWICE. The guy who posted above your post doesn't really do clubs, probably doesn't do a lot of special events like NAMM or Winter Music Conference and probably hasn't been spinning since 1985,.. and he got in. So it does seem somewhat random who gets in and who doesn't.
CMOS 4:08 PM - 23 May, 2006
Ok this is just gonna put fire under anewsomes seat but ive never played out, ive only owned turntables for about 3 months, and I got in. Dude if you want lemme know and ill give you my login and password i feel kinda bad that someone whos been doing this for so long gets rejected while i get in.
Dj KaGeN 4:33 PM - 23 May, 2006
I applied last night - approved today. What the hell did I sign up for anyway ?
Teknikscian 4:41 PM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
I applied last night - approved today. What the hell did I sign up for anyway ?

LOL!!!
sixxx 4:52 PM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

I've been DJing since 1985, have verifiable information, do at least 3 clubs a week, some mobiles, special events & celebrity parties too. Defintely not a bedroom DJ. They denied me. TWICE. The guy who posted above your post doesn't really do clubs, probably doesn't do a lot of special events like NAMM or Winter Music Conference and probably hasn't been spinning since 1985,.. and he got in. So it does seem somewhat random who gets in and who doesn't.

They denied you cause you talk nothing but crap about digiwaxx.
anewsome 6:30 PM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They denied you cause you talk nothing but crap about digiwaxx.

well i guess that's a resonable reason for not letting me in.
anewsome 6:33 PM - 23 May, 2006
BTW, ... the denied me long before I started talking crap about them. I started talking crap about them *because* they denied me. Just seemed unprofessional and random that they were letting in bedroom DJs and denying a real DJ. Now granted, talking crap about them is not very professional either. I'll give you that, but I didn't see anywhere in the requirements that you not talk crap about them.
Dj KaGeN 6:37 PM - 23 May, 2006
[sarcasm]they must have them insiders planted in here relaying who is cool or not. rough world we got goin on. [/sarcasm]
dopemc 6:46 PM - 23 May, 2006
I'm down to sell my working account to someone... they can even change the password afterwards... PM me
sixxx 7:05 PM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
BTW, ... the denied me long before I started talking crap about them. I started talking crap about them *because* they denied me. Just seemed unprofessional and random that they were letting in bedroom DJs and denying a real DJ. Now granted, talking crap about them is not very professional either. I'll give you that, but I didn't see anywhere in the requirements that you not talk crap about them.

Well, the thing is that it should be common sense to not talk bad about a service you're trying to join regardless. With technology the way it is nowadays, word travels fast, specially in the music industry.
sixxx 7:06 PM - 23 May, 2006
Quote:
[sarcasm]they must have them insiders planted in here relaying who is cool or not. rough world we got goin on. [/sarcasm]

I don't know about the "being cool or not" but I wouldn't be surprised.
Sim 7:25 PM - 23 May, 2006
well I tell ya this, over the past few days they have been churnin out some pretty bangin singles, Roots, Talib, Nelly Furtado, etc
anewsome 8:13 PM - 23 May, 2006
Ok, I'm going to apply again right now. Seriously.
anewsome 9:43 PM - 23 May, 2006
Ok they let me in. I guess I better quit talkin shit about them. Digiwaxx rules.
DJ Unique 9:49 PM - 23 May, 2006
That's funny anewsome.
Welcome to the elite Digiwaxx club.
nik39 9:54 PM - 23 May, 2006
Dang. What a dark day for me.
* REading about other cats getting the TTM57
* Reading about anewsome on digiwaxx, which means I cant make anymore jokes about him and digiwaxx

Dark day ;)
Dj KaGeN 10:18 PM - 23 May, 2006
I gave the 'good word' to them for ya...
joerockets 1:43 AM - 24 May, 2006
yeah I'm curious as to how they check "credentials". I applied and just gave them the website to the club I work at and I'm not listed anywhere there. *befuddled* But I'm not complaining =)
MusicMeister 5:14 AM - 24 May, 2006
Part of it might have to do with location. If you're in NYC and they only want 20 ppl from NYC you're hosed as they hit that quickly.

If you had a service like that you'd want to not only get good people but a good cross section from around the country to make your service more valuable to your clients.

but I'm just guessing...
mister iLL 11:36 AM - 24 May, 2006
^^^ i think that's good reasoning. i play out, sometimes at some pretty well known spots...but for them to really verify that they would have had to have done some research; somebody would have had to have spent some time on the phone or computer. i think they just have quotas by location or something
birdbrain 12:50 PM - 24 May, 2006
they just called me to talk about it.
haze 5:37 PM - 24 May, 2006
I applied yesterday and recieved a phone call from them yesterday afternoon..... and got on for the first time today.... this site rocks..... lots of good music and ten times easier than going to record pool meetings and all that other mess..... This is going to make getting new music so much easier... these guys are legit and will definately impact my music library..
papsworth 6:18 PM - 24 May, 2006
i like the new three six mafia joint thats been up there for alittle bit. ridin high.
DIGIWAXX 5:32 PM - 25 May, 2006
Peace to all our ScratchLive DJs! If you were denied by Digiwaxx feel free to reapply. Please understand we have to maintain a certain level of exclusivity with our service. Where else in the WORLD will you legally be able get new music from major and indie labels for free?

True, in some cases we will blindly deny folks who don't provide enough verifiable information. e.g. websites that don't work. clubs that don't exist, phone numbers that don't work, ignorant responses to our inquires when we call (#1 reason for denial), etc.

Please don't hate or take it personally. Respect that we are a business and must operate with a certain level of integrity.

If you feel you were wrongly denied do whatever you feel is necessary to make your case. Re-apply, send us an e-mail, give us a phone call, write a letter, mail a Mixtape CD, - whatever is necessary.

Our contact information can found at www.digiwaxx.com
joerockets 5:52 PM - 25 May, 2006
Quote:
Peace to all our ScratchLive DJs! If you were denied by Digiwaxx feel free to reapply. Please understand we have to maintain a certain level of exclusivity with our service. Where else in the WORLD will you legally be able get new music from major and indie labels for free?

True, in some cases we will blindly deny folks who don't provide enough verifiable information. e.g. websites that don't work. clubs that don't exist, phone numbers that don't work, ignorant responses to our inquires when we call (#1 reason for denial), etc.

Please don't hate or take it personally. Respect that we are a business and must operate with a certain level of integrity.

If you feel you were wrongly denied do whatever you feel is necessary to make your case. Re-apply, send us an e-mail, give us a phone call, write a letter, mail a Mixtape CD, - whatever is necessary.

wow props!
anewsome 6:02 PM - 25 May, 2006
No doubt. Props to digiwaxx for stepping it up!
Monk-A 7:03 PM - 25 May, 2006
it's a dope site, but if you are a member make sure you leave constructive feedback. as a label bod i can honesty say it's invaluable to get feedback thats constructive form DJ's...

peace
djzoo 7:29 PM - 25 May, 2006
Quote:

moley, moley, moley.... mole!!!!!!
djzoo 7:34 PM - 25 May, 2006
Digiwaxx is the best!!!! but i can't log in.
anewsome 8:56 PM - 25 May, 2006
I love how zoo is pumping them up,.. even when the site doesn't work. Hillarious! Like you need to talk nice about them in order to get in.

I mean, it wasn't making fun of them or anything. Digiwaxx is still the best!
romerom 10:28 PM - 26 May, 2006
just got approved today :) first try! weehee!
DJ_QB 12:47 AM - 27 May, 2006
I JUST APPLIED LETS see what happens finger up in the air throwen peace sign to the digiwax rep who is reading haha
DJ_QB 12:50 AM - 27 May, 2006
how long does it take to get approved anyone
MusicMeister 1:24 AM - 27 May, 2006
Usually 24-72 hours from my experience...
dj Jazz One 6:45 AM - 27 May, 2006
Ok,ok, ok, what are the points for?

Quote:

DJ Hondai 6:49 AM - 27 May, 2006
What kind of music-genres are they featuring?
Monk-A 8:05 AM - 27 May, 2006
Mainly club crossover based hip hop.
DJ Hondai 9:43 AM - 27 May, 2006
o.k. thnx - no need :o)
DJ Nevoc 10:05 AM - 27 May, 2006
Hey is it just me or are 97% of these tracks wack! God I hope I'm not the only reviewing these and I pray to god that those nursery ryhme knock offs dont hit main stream!! Does anyone have any creativity anymore!???? Cause This nursery Ryhme copy cat sh*t is WACK!

Dude Im white and I think I could come up with something better than 1-2 Buckle my shoe!
DJ Nevoc 10:09 AM - 27 May, 2006
Oh just to add something that is realted to this discussion, I was accepted 6 hours from sign up!

Nev
DJMark 10:09 AM - 27 May, 2006
Quote:
Does anyone have any creativity anymore!????

There's tons of creative people around; they're just not making commercial hip-hop.
DJK 11:13 AM - 27 May, 2006
That was profound as can be. I think that is gonna be my new motto!
DJ Nevoc 6:39 PM - 27 May, 2006
^^^ Yeah this is true, and its sooooo sad.
Monk-A 6:48 PM - 27 May, 2006
Quote:
Hey is it just me or are 97% of these tracks wack!

it's like anything though mate you need to wade through the dross to get to the good stuff - there is deffo some heat on there for sure, check out the A-Trak, uhm!, Track on there, it's sick as you like. Chitown state of mind, srcatched production and you'd never know it...
sixxx 7:22 PM - 27 May, 2006
Aren't you guys dj's? Maybe it's the fact that some of you may not have been a part of a record pool or been serviced by record labels before, but the fact remains that you'll get crap whether you like it or not. It's not digiwaxx's fault, it's the way the industry is.
Thundercat 7:41 PM - 27 May, 2006
Oh my the garbage you get in record pools. I could open a record store with all the crap I've been serviced. I wouldn't sell anything, but I could open it. =)

There is also the occasional gem in the pools that you would never think in a million years would blow up. There have been times I went to the director wondering why we didn't receive some crazy popular new song only to have him smirk tell me to check again. We got it months ago and I rated it a zero. Sometimes we get 'em wrong too.
mister iLL 7:56 PM - 27 May, 2006
pretty much every song i wind up writing a review along the lines of "...well, i'm definitely not feeling this song, but it'll probably do well in the club because it's got (fill in name of current hot rapper - most frequent recent one being T.I.) doing a cameo." They need to include a slot between "wack" and "cool" labeled "i will regretfully play this shit"

95 % of the stuff is butt. and 95% of the population is can be easily manipulated to enjoy it. i just download everything on digiwaxx at this point, no matter how much i believe i'll never use it, because there's ALWAYS some fool somewhere who'll come up and request it.
anewsome 7:56 PM - 27 May, 2006
Quote:
Dude Im white and I think I could come up with something better than 1-2 Buckle my shoe!

Actually Das EFX said "1 2 Buckle My Shoe" in They Want EFX and that track was (and is) dope as hell, at least the remix is.
DJLorrence 9:36 PM - 27 May, 2006
digiwaxx =)
Thundercat 10:54 PM - 27 May, 2006
Quote:
Actually Das EFX said "1 2 Buckle My Shoe" in They Want EFX and that track was (and is) dope as hell, at least the remix is.

I'll surely cosign that statement...and even make the payments if you default! =)

One, two
Unbuckle Buckle my, um shoe
Yabba doo, hippity-hoo, crack a brew

I'm a supercalifragalistic tic tac pro
DJ Nevoc 11:18 PM - 28 May, 2006
your right they did use that, but then again that was old school hip hop not crunky crunk gangstar sh*t!
DJ Nevoc 11:18 PM - 28 May, 2006
Quote:
i just download everything on digiwaxx at this point, no matter how much i believe i'll never use it, because there's ALWAYS some fool somewhere who'll come up and request it.

Good Idea
nik39 11:32 PM - 28 May, 2006
Sometimes I wish they did request new stuff from digiwaxxx, *any* new stuff, instead of the same ish again and again.
anewsome 4:13 AM - 30 May, 2006
Quote:
Sometimes I wish they did request new stuff from digiwaxxx, *any* new stuff, instead of the same ish again and again.

i've been getting pretty lucky at gigs with people NOT coming up and requesting shit i am sick of hearing but no such luck the other night. if i have to listen to ms. new booty one more time i am gonna take a dj vacation. crazy thing is, just last month that song was in my bangers crate.
Dj KaGeN 4:25 AM - 30 May, 2006
One of the things that I really dislike about the hip hop club scene is the fact that a burned in playlist seems to happen and some things just get on the list and do not leave, or take anexceptional amount of time to wear out their stay.
joerockets 4:31 AM - 30 May, 2006
I've grown a dread for "amature night". Sometimes I think I'm gonna get away with some new stuff and maybe a little house but then everyone comes up and asks for Beyonce, PCD, and Sean Paul and boy are they sore when they don't get it either :(
Dj K.Smith 6:11 PM - 30 May, 2006
I can now say hello to my fellow digiwaxx brethren... Thanks Will..
tig ol' bitties 6:17 PM - 30 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

i've been getting pretty lucky at gigs with people NOT coming up and requesting shit i am sick of hearing but no such luck the other night. if i have to listen to ms. new booty one more time i am gonna take a dj vacation. crazy thing is, just last month that song was in my bangers crate.

God, I hate Ms. New booty. Everytime I hear that I cringe. It is right up there with Laffy Taffy in terms of substance, beat is slightly better, but man that song is terrible now. Heat it up, will get like that after a while too, but at least that beat is somewhat chill.
dj Jazz One 7:40 PM - 30 May, 2006
The first time I heard Ms New Booty, I thought it was a parody song. I thought it was the song from the Boondocks cartoon when they have the tv on BET. "Booty Butt Boooty Butt, Booty Butt...."
hologram 12:59 AM - 31 May, 2006
Quote:
Oh my the garbage you get in record pools. I could open a record store with all the crap I've been serviced. I wouldn't sell anything, but I could open it. =)

There is also the occasional gem in the pools that you would never think in a million years would blow up. There have been times I went to the director wondering why we didn't receive some crazy popular new song only to have him smirk tell me to check again. We got it months ago and I rated it a zero. Sometimes we get 'em wrong too.

lol I did that with envogue and OPP.
I had envouge for like 6 months before it hit in SB. I was like where is this one to american trax and they laughed at me too.
Well OPP I remembered seeing in a stack somewhere but had dissed it originally. Like 4 months later it's all people requested.
Finally i went diggin behind the back bar where I stored my crap records and found 3 copies of it. I had been lookign for it in stores for months. I got int Diggiwaxx without issue but I was in a record pool so I guess I was verifiable.
djzoo 10:04 PM - 31 May, 2006
what!? I'm finally in!!!
gucca69 11:20 PM - 31 May, 2006
digiwaxx is dope yeah you get lots of crap to review but you also get a few bangers and they are free and sometimes alot earlier than anywhere else so if you wanna stay in you gotta take the good with the bad digiwaxx only gives us what they get we have to reviewem not them! and trying to join guys tell the truth and dont bullshit the do check you out! if you still dont get in send them in a live mix audio or video from the club or bar or station you play at and if you aint good enough then you aint good enough
MusicMeister 11:43 PM - 31 May, 2006
Digiwaxx is pretty nice in that you can get some pretty nice stuff sometimes.

I'll probably drop that new Lisa M track first chance I get... epecially if it's a ladies night.
Reality 7:34 PM - 1 June, 2006
I've been in for about 5 months, I also wondered about the point system, so I am glad a few of you broke it down for me. I also told them the truth about what I do... spin in clubs, mix cds and do commercial & internet radio, got a phone call and was suprised to get interviewed...lol. Digiwaxx is a great site for DJ's and I would recommend it to anyone!
liberated soul 9:33 AM - 18 June, 2006
I just applied for Digiwaxx, hopefully I get approved.
DJLorrence 10:43 AM - 18 June, 2006
if you get approved, be honest as you can in the reviews, and they'll hook you up real nice like!
Dj Chinn 4:11 PM - 18 June, 2006
I love Digiwaxx. Ive been only a member for about 4 weeks and i have a shitload of music from them! ITs cool b.c in here in Cincinnati if you dont know the right people or sites, its really hard to get unknown music so it gives me a chance spin some unknown hits in the Nasti Nati